Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:53:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD]  (Read 63117 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:08:04 PM

I'm now getting the same issue as the above user. Anyone notice that the hardware is x.x.x.x and no cgminer?

Any fixes?

The fix for most has been to reimage the SD card, and if that doesn't fix it, to replace the SD card.

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:53:09 PM

I'm now getting the same issue as the above user. Anyone notice that the hardware is x.x.x.x and no cgminer?

Any fixes?

The fix for most has been to reimage the SD card, and if that doesn't fix it, to replace the SD card.

I used an entirely different SD Card and used the image from the post. Still didn't fix the issue Sad

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Any fixes?

I used an entirely different SD Card and used the image from the post. Still didn't fix the issue Sad

Hmm... Its been a while since I looked at the firmware versions. I think there might have been a custom one someone compiled that had some fixes in it - this might have been one of them.

d2dtk

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

Any fixes?

Hmm... Its been a while since I looked at the firmware versions. I think there might have been a custom one someone compiled that had some fixes in it - this might have been one of them.

What's weird is it was working fine until I unplugged it to move it to another room Sad

I'm kind of at a lost.

d2dtk

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

I've tried two different image files from what I've found on the forum but none of them worked.

Anyone willing to take out their sd card and make a image of it then upload for others?

Thank in advance!

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

I've tried two different image files from what I've found on the forum but none of them worked.

Anyone willing to take out their sd card and make a image of it then upload for others?

Thank in advance!

The images are good, so you may be doing something wrong. What are you doing? Should be downloading and burning with an image writer.

d2dtk

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:26:05 PM

Thank in advance!

The images are good, so you may be doing something wrong. What are you doing? Should be downloading and burning with an image writer.

Downloading. Uncompressing. Burning to micro with image file software.

Antminer will boot software and connect to network but doesn't hash.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:52:58 PM

Thank in advance!

Do you get modules, can you get the network diagnostics to pass?

PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

This is an image I'm using in my S2's right now, so I know it's good:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/py9jus9mk3tk21e/bitmain.img.zip?dl=0

Hope it helps you, let me know  Wink

Use win32diskimager to put it on the SD. Use a quality class 10 SD.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
d2dtk

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

Thank in advance!

Do you get modules, can you get the network diagnostics to pass?

I'm not sure what modules are actually. Here is the data from my monitor tab.

EDIT: Everyone, I'm truly sorry I didn't notice that the Miner was plugged in to a different router (someone else did it I swear) and the gateway was 192.168.1.254. Thank you all for your help and I feel super dumb Sad

d2dtk

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:39:23 PM

Dogie,

Have you done any overclocking or volt modifications to an s2 yet? I was thinking of looking into an s1 board and comparing it to that of the s2 to see what can be modified to push our systems to the max. Any thoughts?

Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:59:42 AM

Dogie,

Have you done any overclocking or volt modifications to an s2 yet? I was thinking of looking into an s1 board and comparing it to that of the s2 to see what can be modified to push our systems to the max. Any thoughts?

Found this here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785240.msg8858193#msg8858193

Wink

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
FromSmyrna

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:14:46 PM

I'm also getting ssh attacks. pool are changing information
How do I change the ssh port

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:06:29 PM

I'm sorry I don't know, ckolivas might though.

FromSmyrna

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

I have antminer s2.I run this antminer at a datacenter.Although i have changed my web and shh datas,somebody is changing my pool datas.What can i do ??

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 12:09:09 AM

I have antminer s2.I run this antminer at a datacenter.Although i have changed my web and shh datas,somebody is changing my pool datas.What can i do ??

What do you mean by pools data? Do you mean someone is changing the miner details in the miner configuration page?

d2dtk

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:45:59 AM

Get a better firewall if people are getting in to your machines.

FromSmyrna

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:37:21 AM

What do you mean by pools data? Do you mean someone is changing the miner details in the miner configuration page?
yes, miner Status changing

PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 12:09:24 PM

yes, miner Status changing

I'm not sure, but this could be a stratum redirect attack - it's due to Bitmain using an older security vulnerable cgminer version. Bitmain promised to update cgminer over 7 weeks ago, but have yet to do so. You should email this screen to them asking for an explanation  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

I'm not sure, but this could be a stratum redirect attack - it's due to Bitmain using an older security vulnerable cgminer version. Bitmain promised to update cgminer over 7 weeks ago, but have yet to do so. You should email this screen to them asking for an explanation  Wink

That's still being worked on, actively, being worked on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: