Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE ICOS STILL LEGIT?  (Read 4734 times)
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 11:58:52 PM

Now that the trend is IEO we cannot hold the fact that there are still project that holds ICO even though many of these happens to failed or to be scam. Even though mostly of the ICO failed or fake we still have several which are legit we just need to dig deeper and read and research more.
the trend is IEO, but it doesn't guarantee us that the project will end successfully. they just guarantee you with the exchanger after the sale end. and the rest is the same as ICO. IEO still have the risk like ICO. i believe there are still some Legit ICOs out there.
For shortage of investment, the system will be harder to succeed in a project. Legit projects can pass ICO process but the top exchange IEO isn't easy. Think about the next bullrun time. Do you think new funds rise process will rise? ICO is legit but the scamming process is also easy in ICO. ICO or IEO, actually we need only trust to invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 12:05:42 AM

Depending on the project. There are projects that is obviously a scam from the start and there are ICOs that looks genuine and legit but turns out to be a scam project, in the end it is still up to the investor if he will be scammed by a project or not. With good analysis and source you can make very minimal mistakes. Same goes with IEO.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 05:59:38 AM

not even some ico maybe there is better than ieo.
actually most Ico and Ieo have in common, namely projects whose releases mostly fail and don't last long.
but ieo is a little more desirable because there is an exchange that guarantees the token is listed and in the future it will be the same as ico if the project is bad it will not last long.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 06:49:10 AM

still if you choose the right project then it won't be a problem.
no matter how they raise funds is not a problem.
however most of the ico / ieo projects don't end well so the main problem is the selection of the projects you want to invest in.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 06:56:59 AM

Legit is a strange term with projects in crypto. One needs to ensure an ideal selection, meeting all the criterias pre-determined by your personal list of genuinity, and then invest accordingly. Not all ICOs are scams!
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 11:12:34 AM

There are still some good projects that are running ICO's nowadays. Last year IEO's became popular and now it's the DEFI who's on trending. But even ICO's is no longer trending now we can still find legit projects who's into ICO. All we need to do is study depth about the project for us to avoid getting scammed.
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 12:40:21 PM

Legit or not it all depends on the project, not on the method used such as ICO / IEO / Bonding Curve.
If the developer really intends to develop the project any method is definitely legit.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2020, 12:53:56 PM

We heard the news of IEO to be in place of ICO in order to curb the high rate of failure and scams in the development of altcoins projects in this year 2019. My surprise is that I still see series of projects claiming to be in ICOs. Doesn't that make them scam as we have seen in the same scenarios in the past?

If it is, I wonder why people still invest whether their time or monies in such projects which have high risk of loss or being scammed.
Actually just because there's one bad fruit in a basket doesn't make the rest of the fruits bad also, same in this case, just because there were a few bad ICO's that stole the money of so many investors, doesn't mean all will be bad too, I mean there are still some legit ICO's around, just that investors no longer trust it anymore, even the so called IEO is no longer profitable any more, right now the trend is DeFi and there are alot of scam DeFi projects out there now,scammers will always find their way we just have be careful.

dobol

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2020, 12:59:23 PM

actually most Ico and Ieo have in common, namely projects whose releases mostly fail and don't last long.
but ieo is a little more desirable because there is an exchange that guarantees the token is listed and in the future it will be the same as ico if the project is bad it will not last long.
Actually there's also a lot of ICO projects that still exist until today. this is not about the fundraising model, but this is about the projects, whether they will do the projects properly or not, or they just want to get easy money, we don't know as well. but when it comes to projects that really legit and genuine, they will set timeline, making it transperan for their supporter and deliver their product.

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 01:44:41 PM

We heard the news of IEO to be in place of ICO in order to curb the high rate of failure and scams in the development of altcoins projects in this year 2019. My surprise is that I still see series of projects claiming to be in ICOs. Doesn't that make them scam as we have seen in the same scenarios in the past?

If it is, I wonder why people still invest whether their time or monies in such projects which have high risk of loss or being scammed.
basicly IEO = ICO, majority project fail hold the price most likely fake investor aka dev buy at them self, and dump to market, same as airdrop these day
there still quite good project raising fund via ico, yeah IEO specially in big exchange have high demand and successfully hold the price after listing,
some ico purposely makes look bad at beginning to avoid buyer and dev can control most of the coin, rebrand it, and viola to the moon

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 01:49:29 PM

Actually there's also a lot of ICO projects that still exist until today. this is not about the fundraising model, but this is about the projects, whether they will do the projects properly or not, or they just want to get easy money, we don't know as well. but when it comes to projects that really legit and genuine, they will set timeline, making it transperan for their supporter and deliver their product.
ICO is the easiest way to raise funds and to invest, it's a win win for investors and the project only if scam does not exist in the crypto space. At the beginning is was a great platform, in fact, lots of great projects that are produce by ICO that are still here until now, to name some, we have ETH, TRON, Waves, and NEO, these are great projects, however, we also can't deny that many of the projects are scam.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 02:12:55 PM

Legit or not it all depends on the project, not on the method used such as ICO / IEO / Bonding Curve.
If the developer really intends to develop the project any method is definitely legit.

But mostly a few percent, the project is not all successful this year, to run an ICO / IEO, whether it makes it very difficult for new projects or those that are half way through, sometimes do not meet the targets set by the project, so often they don't have the capital to develop their projects and eventually all the funds are returned to all investors, in fact all projects must think hard to carry out all this with other methods that might attract investors' interest back.

Even though the DeFi Project has been developing recently, there hasn't been any truly legitimate project for any investor or bounty hunter yet ..
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 02:27:32 PM

we can check new ico that launched in several telegram group. join at ico differ, coin generation , 7top ico and many other will help us to find legit ICO.
platform informing about ICO has no influence on investor safety, OP asked us if ICO still worth it or not?!
The answer to that is we have to be clever, thorough and understand how to analyze the project. An investment in an ICO is still worth it if we manage to avoid the scammers. Until now, I think the risk of investing in startups is still very risky.
And projects that I can still trust are projects that already have a strong foundation, such as Binance which sells BNB by IEO which is the largest native token exchange in cryptocurrency. And sure enough, the BNB price went up hundreds of percent

raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2020, 02:34:48 PM

For me ICOs are not effective anymore hence these type of crowd funding are prone to turn into scams and there were lots of scam projects that during 2018 and 2019 respectively were ran thru ICOs that more likely ended up to scam. IEOs are most trusted now wherein investors can take assurance  if anything goes wrong or it failed to gather a certain amount of funds they are guaranteed to be refunded by the exchange platform.

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 02:52:24 PM

When it comes to investing people should do their own research if they find something that will interest and they think that the project is good and honest even on the cost of sending their money unprotected because of the nature of ICO, they should know the risk of investing in ICO type of investment, projects still prefer ICO because there are still investors investing in ICO when it should be stopped because of the many scams that happen in the past.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 03:58:57 PM

When it comes to investing people should do their own research if they find something that will interest and they think that the project is good and honest even on the cost of sending their money unprotected because of the nature of ICO, they should know the risk of investing in ICO type of investment, projects still prefer ICO because there are still investors investing in ICO when it should be stopped because of the many scams that happen in the past.
well, I really agree with what you said because until now I think investors don't like ICO anymore because I see many ICO projects stop in the middle of the road and many are scams that make investors not interested anymore.

STUDENTCOIN