Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💰 Summer Tokyo 2020 💰 Discussion and bet thread 💰 Summer Game 💰  (Read 6092 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 03:29:43 AM

That's almost 1 year and 4 months time before we will be able to see the Olympics. I hope this will give players and countries to continue the preparation and those who were lacking in preparation can utilize this additional time and come strong after an year.

Because of the COVID 19 outbreak, sporting events are being cancelled and the athletes are not being able to train properly. Even if this situation comes under control within the next 2-3 months, it will be tough for many of the athletes to get back to their regular routine. It is going to be an irreversible damage, which may take a few years to reverse completely.

Regardless of when the situation become clear, players and athletes have to keep their fitness level up to date. Although they may not be able to go out and play freely but they would be exercising  and keeping their fitness level while remaining in lockdown in their homes. Athletes  should not remain idle and lose their form & fitness.

I definitely don't think that athletes that are supposed to be in the Olympics this year will lose their form.

I would say that 90% of athletes in the Olympics are elite level and just because of the Covid-19 pandemic and the cancelation of the game will bring harm to their abilities. They will try to keep fit and focus whatever they can. Maybe doing some exercises in their home gym or other stuff that will keep them busy and stay sharp during this time. Yes, it's tough for them, actually everyone is suffering, but I'm sure they will adapt just like the rest of us. Even doing body weight exercises will keep them sharp and not lose those muscles.

@TravelMug I’ll totally agree with you as these athletes are given special diet, and tailor made workout programs to do from home to help them remain fit. Furthermore they already have been training so hard for this event, so it’ll be a welcome break for them and they’ll be able to rejuvenate and work harder once training resumes.

Sources:

https://specialolympicspa.org/covid-19-protocols

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/detail/sport-share-home-workouts-coronavirus/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 05:40:45 AM

@TravelMug I’ll totally agree with you as these athletes are given special diet, and tailor made workout programs to do from home to help them remain fit. Furthermore they already have been training so hard for this event, so it’ll be a welcome break for them and they’ll be able to rejuvenate and work harder once training resumes.

Sources:

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/detail/sport-share-home-workouts-coronavirus/

But that's how it goes. Every time the conditions are not in favor of you. There can be a War or earth quake or current crisis like situation (covid19) and everyone has to adopt to it. The true champion player or athlete is that who come strong out of this situation and can produce best result in all the situations.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 05:54:51 AM

That's almost 1 year and 4 months time before we will be able to see the Olympics. I hope this will give players and countries to continue the preparation and those who were lacking in preparation can utilize this additional time and come strong after an year.

Because of the COVID 19 outbreak, sporting events are being cancelled and the athletes are not being able to train properly. Even if this situation comes under control within the next 2-3 months, it will be tough for many of the athletes to get back to their regular routine. It is going to be an irreversible damage, which may take a few years to reverse completely.

Regardless of when the situation become clear, players and athletes have to keep their fitness level up to date. Although they may not be able to go out and play freely but they would be exercising  and keeping their fitness level while remaining in lockdown in their homes. Athletes  should not remain idle and lose their form & fitness.

Well.. that's what I am saying. Training indoor may not be as effective as undergoing training in sports facilities. Also, due to the outbreak the coaches may not be able to interact with the athletes and there can be issues with procuring the equipment and supplements as well. For one or two months, it is going to be OK. But if the lockdown continues for a longer duration, then it will be difficult for the athletes to maintain their fitness level.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 10:48:29 AM

Sources:

But that's how it goes. Every time the conditions are not in favor of you. There can be a War or earth quake or current crisis like situation (covid19) and everyone has to adopt to it. The true champion player or athlete is that who come strong out of this situation and can produce best result in all the situations.

As far as I know, the war didn't affect the Olympics games. However, this pandemic is very different and we can't compare this to war or something, but we have to adopt, otherwise it can really affect those athletes in the future. So let's just wait and see, athletes can wait and should take this opportunity to be physically and mentally prepared for the coming Summer games next year.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 11:31:25 AM

So it looks like the Olympics this year has been postponed and rescheduled for July 23- Aug 8 2021 based on https://tokyo2020.org/en/.

We do hope that by that time, this pandemic is over and everyone is back to normal. So we need to wait for a full year before we can witnessed the greatest sporting event.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 11:13:46 PM

So it looks like the Olympics this year has been postponed and rescheduled for July 23- Aug 8 2021 based on https://tokyo2020.org/en/.

We do hope that by that time, this pandemic is over and everyone is back to normal. So we need to wait for a full year before we can witnessed the greatest sporting event.
We can only hope that the situation will be better and we can only expect that happens if we are able to develop a vaccine by that time if not we might not even see the Olympics or they will need to extend it further as the situation around the globe is not getting better as the wave of spread is hitting every now and then and there is no clear solution for that other than sitting at home and not getting exposed to the virus.
btc_angela

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 01:07:22 AM

We can only hope that the situation will be better and we can only expect that happens if we are able to develop a vaccine by that time if not we might not even see the Olympics or they will need to extend it further as the situation around the globe is not getting better as the wave of spread is hitting every now and then and there is no clear solution for that other than sitting at home and not getting exposed to the virus.

The game will be postponed for about a year from now, many things can happen that includes discovery of vaccine or cure to put a stop on this virus. Japan is also hit hard and if things didn't improve next year then the IOC doesn't have a choice but to let the schedule be move again to another date. But the anticipation is building already and I'm sure regardless on when the Olympics are going to commence, it will be spectacular and more anticipated than ever.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 12:43:27 PM

The game will be postponed for about a year from now, many things can happen that includes discovery of vaccine or cure to put a stop on this virus. Japan is also hit hard and if things didn't improve next year then the IOC doesn't have a choice but to let the schedule be move again to another date. But the anticipation is building already and I'm sure regardless on when the Olympics are going to commence, it will be spectacular and more anticipated than ever.

Japan was one of the countries which were able to control the pandemic in the initial stages. But now even they are witnessing an increasing number of cases. Now coming back to the vaccine, none of the anti-viral vaccines can be 100% effective. Scientists are saying that if the vaccine is 70% effective, then the spread of Coronavirus can be contained. If it is only 60% effective, then this won't be possible. Now let's wait and watch, whether the vaccines that are being developed right now can reach that stage of efficiency.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 01:25:18 PM

Japan was one of the countries which were able to control the pandemic in the initial stages. But now even they are witnessing an increasing number of cases. Now coming back to the vaccine, none of the anti-viral vaccines can be 100% effective. Scientists are saying that if the vaccine is 70% effective, then the spread of Coronavirus can be contained. If it is only 60% effective, then this won't be possible. Now let's wait and watch, whether the vaccines that are being developed right now can reach that stage of efficiency.

@btc_angela first of all it’s good to know that the Olympics has fixed a date in 2021, and secondly while people are wishing for a vaccine I’m not so sure that the athletes would be keen to inject an untested vaccine in their bodies, because there will be fears that those vaccines could effect their performance levels. @Vishnu.Reang as I have said before that vaccines take upto 10 years to be successfully manufactured, and all these vaccines would be manufactured in less than a year, hence I fear that they may do more harm then good.

Source:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/vaccine-development-takes-10-years-sanofi-seeks-to-do-so-in-18-months.html
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 01:31:59 PM

The things does not look overall in the world as matter of fact US is also registering huge number of cases daily and till the vaccine is not efficient and does not kill the virus things wills keep on postponing only. So early it comes and reaches to people better as quickly things might start to come under control rather than in the hazard situation which may arise 2 months later if still we do not have an vaccine. Let us pray that all things will be sorted and best of the Olympics we would be able to see it in coming time as scheduled for next year.

Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 09:56:08 AM

The things does not look overall in the world as matter of fact US is also registering huge number of cases daily and till the vaccine is not efficient and does not kill the virus things wills keep on postponing only. So early it comes and reaches to people better as quickly things might start to come under control rather than in the hazard situation which may arise 2 months later if still we do not have an vaccine. Let us pray that all things will be sorted and best of the Olympics we would be able to see it in coming time as scheduled for next year.

I am optimistic that the Olympic games will be played in 2021, as per the revised plan. At least in Japan, the citizens are law abiding and therefore we can expect that the pandemic will remain at manageable levels. I don't expect Japan to become Coronavirus-free anytime soon, but then a number of experts are saying that we need to adjust out lives, so that we can manage things even if COVID 19 is not eradicated completely.
btc_angela

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:07:12 PM

I don't think that they have contained the pandemic in the initial stage, it peaked at April 12 and then went down and now the cases are going up again. So that's one factor that they have to look at and then of course the vaccine. For sure vaccine are going to be discovered, but it might take some time. The best thing to do is wait and hopefully by 2021 everything has settled down.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:39:31 PM

This is what the Japanese has to say,

https://sports.yahoo.com/only-one-quarter-japanese-want-olympics-next-poll-015827985.html

Only one quarter of Japanese want Olympics next year: poll

Tokyo (AFP) - Just one in four people in Japan want to see the coronavirus-delayed Tokyo Games held next year, with most backing either further delay or a cancellation, a new poll shows.

Only 23.9 percent of respondents in the three-day nationwide poll published Sunday said they wanted to see the 2020 Games held next year.

The survey carried out by Kyodo news agency found 36.4 percent of respondents back a further delay of the Games, while 33.7 think the flagship event should be cancelled altogether.

Most of those backing a delay or cancellation said they simply didn't believe the pandemic could be contained in time for the Games, now scheduled to open on July 23, 2021.

A separate survey carried out over the weekend by the Asahi Shimbun newspaper found 33 percent of respondents backed holding the Games next year, with 61 percent supporting another postponement or cancellation.

Good to hear that Japanese people favors delay specially that if the virus was not contained on the scheduled 2021 date. Risk is too high, everyone has suffered already, so it's really better if we see another delay if the situation doesn't improved next year.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:48:12 PM

Good to hear that Japanese people favors delay specially that if the virus was not contained on the scheduled 2021 date. Risk is too high, everyone has suffered already, so it's really better if we see another delay if the situation doesn't improved next year.

I mean it's pretty obvious though, if by that time, the pandemic is still prevalent, no countries are going to send their athletes and even if Japan is contained it, there is a big possibility that they could have been infected when they will allow the Olympics as schedule for next year.

The best scenario is that the virus have been contained or hopefully medical scientist make a break through drugs in time for 2021 Tokyo Games.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 06:31:43 AM

I mean it's pretty obvious though, if by that time, the pandemic is still prevalent, no countries are going to send their athletes and even if Japan is contained it, there is a big possibility that they could have been infected when they will allow the Olympics as schedule for next year.

The best scenario is that the virus have been contained or hopefully medical scientist make a break through drugs in time for 2021 Tokyo Games.

Compared to the other events, Olympics involve a huge number of athletes. For example, the 2016 Olympics (Rio 2016) had a participation of more than 11,000 athletes. Add the support staff and others, and the numbers can easily cross 20,000. Managing this many people is impossible under current circumstances. So unless the pandemic situation is completely under control (hopefully with the invention of a vaccine), it is going to be very risky to hold the Olympic Games.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:53:38 PM

Compared to the other events, Olympics involve a huge number of athletes. For example, the 2016 Olympics (Rio 2016) had a participation of more than 11,000 athletes. Add the support staff and others, and the numbers can easily cross 20,000. Managing this many people is impossible under current circumstances. So unless the pandemic situation is completely under control (hopefully with the invention of a vaccine), it is going to be very risky to hold the Olympic Games.
In the current scenario handling 11000 athletes is an impossible task and the hosting country spends a ton of money for these events and they expect the returns in the form of tourism and it is impossible for anyone to expect that it could even happen one year from now. There are many vaccines on trails and if not for a vaccine there is no way we will see a mega event like this and they will not conduct these huge events without audience.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 05:45:01 AM

In the current scenario handling 11000 athletes is an impossible task and the hosting country spends a ton of money for these events and they expect the returns in the form of tourism and it is impossible for anyone to expect that it could even happen one year from now. There are many vaccines on trails and if not for a vaccine there is no way we will see a mega event like this and they will not conduct these huge events without audience.

Vaccine will be available in the market by the end of this year and the Olympics is supposed to start on July 2021. That will give 6-7 months for the Japanese government to vaccinate everyone against the virus. I guess by mid-2021, the situation will get normal. The Olympics can go ahead, and hopefully Japan will witness an increase in the number of tourists who visit that country.
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 07:39:41 AM

This is what the Japanese has to say,

https://sports.yahoo.com/only-one-quarter-japanese-want-olympics-next-poll-015827985.html

Only one quarter of Japanese want Olympics next year: poll

Tokyo (AFP) - Just one in four people in Japan want to see the coronavirus-delayed Tokyo Games held next year, with most backing either further delay or a cancellation, a new poll shows.

Only 23.9 percent of respondents in the three-day nationwide poll published Sunday said they wanted to see the 2020 Games held next year.

The survey carried out by Kyodo news agency found 36.4 percent of respondents back a further delay of the Games, while 33.7 think the flagship event should be cancelled altogether.

Most of those backing a delay or cancellation said they simply didn't believe the pandemic could be contained in time for the Games, now scheduled to open on July 23, 2021.

A separate survey carried out over the weekend by the Asahi Shimbun newspaper found 33 percent of respondents backed holding the Games next year, with 61 percent supporting another postponement or cancellation.

If the situation is still not under control next year in July, maybe even if there is a vaccine available, I think it should be better to cancel the Olympic games. What use would it have, if they would delay it one more year (until 2022) when the next Olympic games are already planned in 2024?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 10:03:06 AM

If the situation is still not under control next year in July, maybe even if there is a vaccine available, I think it should be better to cancel the Olympic games. What use would it have, if they would delay it one more year (until 2022) when the next Olympic games are already planned in 2024?

Do you think that the pandemic would go on for another year? If that happens, then we can expect a few million deaths from it. But indications are that a vaccine will be available by the end of this year. 4 of the potential vaccines have now entered the final phase of clinical trials (two from China and the other two from AstraZeneca and Moderna). So hopefully by July next year, we'll be having zero new cases.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 10:53:48 AM

Do you think that the pandemic would go on for another year? If that happens, then we can expect a few million deaths from it. But indications are that a vaccine will be available by the end of this year. 4 of the potential vaccines have now entered the final phase of clinical trials (two from China and the other two from AstraZeneca and Moderna). So hopefully by July next year, we'll be having zero new cases.
Even if vaccine will be found, I think it's not worth to expect that there will be zero new cases then. First of all, it's not possible that over 7 billion people will be vaccinated by July next year. Some people aren't even going to accept vaccine because it may be harmful for their health or they are just anti-vaxers.
And vaccine can't be 100% effective, so it's likely covid-19 will stay with us for long. We have vaccine for flu, but this virus is still here and new kind of vaccine is needed every year. So, I'm a bit sceptical about covid-19 vaccine, I doubt it's going to be panacea.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: