Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡️⚡️[ANN] ⚡️⚡️ ELYNET Official Regular Updates  (Read 878 times)
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 01:25:31 PM

I must say I am not really sure how this will work, yet. Are they planning to build their own mobile operating system? It will be hard to compete against Android, iOS and the Huawei OS.

I don't think it will be that hard if they intend to provide cheap data services like they intend to and they probably may use the iOS or android operating system to make this happen, i may be wrong though, its a lot of questions that needs to be answered, especially the hardware aspect, like do they intend to have like a collaboration with a major brand to develop this or what?

But with their own OS they also need to get the phone manufactures on board, right? Because only a few people would root their smartphones to install a new operating system?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 02:58:16 PM

I must say I am not really sure how this will work, yet. Are they planning to build their own mobile operating system? It will be hard to compete against Android, iOS and the Huawei OS.

I don't think it will be that hard if they intend to provide cheap data services like they intend to and they probably may use the iOS or android operating system to make this happen, i may be wrong though, its a lot of questions that needs to be answered, especially the hardware aspect, like do they intend to have like a collaboration with a major brand to develop this or what?

But with their own OS they also need to get the phone manufactures on board, right? Because only a few people would root their smartphones to install a new operating system?

Yea and i think that's where the issue of partnership comes in to enable them have a smooth ride in delivering their concept, it won't be a good idea to root the smartphones just to make their service work, the good thing about this is the bridging of gap that's about to be created between the blockchain industry and the conventional one, its a profitable industry but they need the right team and a lot of paperwork to scale through.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 01:08:44 AM

Couple with the fact that there are already number of blockchain based projects running with similar ideas and not being successful with implementation. However let's see how it all turns out to be. When we can get a hang of it and they can get a fair share of the market then I think the project will be profitable for business in the long term.

One of the most common weakness of blockchain inspired project is the adoption. Most times we are bamboozled by the details of a project who appears to have every step figured out and the teams pedigree looking so renowned but on entering the market they get consumed and before long we stop seeing their impact.
Am eagerly waiting for a project to break the jinx on blockchain inspired project and hope to see Elynet project making an outstanding contribution to the telecom industry.
em777

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 08:41:53 AM

Yea and i think that's where the issue of partnership comes in to enable them have a smooth ride in delivering their concept, it won't be a good idea to root the smartphones just to make their service work, the good thing about this is the bridging of gap that's about to be created between the blockchain industry and the conventional one, its a profitable industry but they need the right team and a lot of paperwork to scale through.

if they want their service to be streamlined they have to ensure they partner with smartphone manufacturer so that users can use their services without much hurdle it will be a good move if they partner with any major smartphone maker. so that it can serve as use case for other makers to adopt

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
kriszz50983

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 09:03:27 AM

if they want their service to be streamlined they have to ensure they partner with smartphone manufacturer so that users can use their services without much hurdle it will be a good move if they partner with any major smartphone maker. so that it can serve as use case for other makers to adopt

Even if they managed to develop OS or any hardware still they need to operate or connect over some medium, right? Will that medium will be internet?

BITWINGS-Guaranteed worth $0.20 (http://bitwings.org)Minephone-First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/months (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Anilbg

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 10:32:47 AM

Google video calling works on any other mobile phones. I am not that technical but I am assuming this IS or software may not required special hardware.
Cnote112
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 11:03:29 AM

Google video calling works on any other mobile phones. I am not that technical but I am assuming this IS or software may not required special hardware.

True, they can just make their OS into a software, but manufacturing their phone product will give them a better and a more competitive better edge.
champ005

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 11:05:07 AM

I’ll say on first check this would be a brilliant project, but I’ll like a link to your github page. It would be great to see how much work has been done on your project.
I see ElyNet is a South Korean Project (most team members are from South Korea) and seem to have a good link with LG Inc, does this mean your services would be limited to people in South Korea? And investors would be South Korean too?

I don't think the project would be limited to South Korean since its utilising blockchain technology and secondly, I read that the sim less network can be used anywhere in the world. Am personally thrilled by the details of the project, but am not surprised by the workability and potential of blockchain technology.

This supposed to be a global platform where people around the world can use it. Blockchain technology used for mainly this purpose.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 02:18:39 PM

I just checked the video at ELYNET.io site, and what they mentioned that Elynet users can use the data or mobile services anywhere in the world that too at almost 50% low cost. No roaming charges and many other benefits.
Not sure how easy or difficult it's to actually implement this solution.

I don't really know how they intend to do this but most times it involves the brand selling like their hardware to the public before one can use their services since it will be a sim-less thing but i'm looking forward to seeing this come to life, data in some regions is still quite expensive and if they can tap into the market and make available cheap data, then they got themselves a market

I thought they want to service just wireless communication via cellular calls. Is there a data service inclusion? Would be really nice to see that happen

According to the blog, there's no data service inclusion, but I believe that the most logical way to have a telecom project reach out to several people around the world without a sim should be with data. Though there could be some other way which could be more effective for the Elynet project to use.
Ace44

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 03:11:56 PM

I just checked the video at ELYNET.io site, and what they mentioned that Elynet users can use the data or mobile services anywhere in the world that too at almost 50% low cost. No roaming charges and many other benefits.

I don't really know how they intend to do this but most times it involves the brand selling like their hardware to the public before one can use their services since it will be a sim-less thing but i'm looking forward to seeing this come to life, data in some regions is still quite expensive and if they can tap into the market and make available cheap data, then they got themselves a market

I thought they want to service just wireless communication via cellular calls. Is there a data service inclusion? Would be really nice to see that happen

According to the blog, there's no data service inclusion, but I believe that the most logical way to have a telecom project reach out to several people around the world without a sim should be with data. Though there could be some other way which could be more effective for the Elynet project to use.

Thought i saw like a data service thing in one of the comments on this thread or am i mistaken but i think it will be a good thing for them to include such services as the data is actually needed by a lot of communication users, in fact most people prefer having a good and cheap data service than the other way round, so it will be a good thing if they incorporate such
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 05:05:43 PM

I agree with this. It's going to be difficult for users to root their phones. Maybe something like partnering with a mobile company to use theirs as the official phone os.
Maebeo2017

Activity: 242

I am A Champion for all I care

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 05:16:42 PM

I just checked elynet's telegram and I find it interesting that they have their own mobile application CRUDE  and users can buy data by using elynet  tokens ElyX, and can also gift unused data to others and many more features like free international calls. That's really gonna make a great impression on telecommunication Industry.

When you say Data. Are you saying mobile data that can be used to access the internet like the traditional data we buy in our country?

According to their telegram page I guess yes data means mobile data which we buy to connect with Internet. And for more information you may follow this link.

https://www.coincurb.com/news/elynet-first-global-blockchain-telecom-company-announces-launch/

Going through this link raised a lot of questions on my mind. For example.

Crude OS Elynet own OS; how do we get to install this system on our mobile?

What are the pricing for data since peer to peer calls are almost free?

▄████▀     inSureToken.net     ▄█▀     inSure Your Crypto Portfolio!     ▄████▀
██  Let's build a trustful community together!  ██
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 05:43:41 PM

I'm not a fan of rooting devices. I've used several devices and I haven't rooted a single one. This may be the downside of installing Elynet own custom OS. If Elynet have a better strategy to this they should implement. Other than that they are going to face loads of problem

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Leo1190

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:04:37 PM

True, they can just make their OS into a software, but manufacturing their phone product will give them a better and a more competitive better edge.

Whatever they will provide whether  it's there os software or special new hardware I think it is going to be beneficial for the users and where users get benefits it doesn't matter how much competition going in the market.  Smiley Smiley
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:48:29 PM

Thought i saw like a data service thing in one of the comments on this thread or am i mistaken but i think it will be a good thing for them to include such services as the data is actually needed by a lot of communication users, in fact most people prefer having a good and cheap data service than the other way round, so it will be a good thing if they incorporate such

Am sceptical that Elynet can implement a worldwide Internet solution without a sim card. Come to think of it, how would everyone on the earth be connected to the Internet without any simcard or cable. The best I've heard is the fibre optic cables which are connected to individual home or location to give Internet access to the residents.
Ace44

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 08:53:32 PM

I'm not a fan of rooting devices. I've used several devices and I haven't rooted a single one. This may be the downside of installing Elynet own custom OS. If Elynet have a better strategy to this they should implement. Other than that they are going to face loads of problem

Yes, you do have a solid point and the more reason why they should elaborate on that aspect like how do they want to overcome that challenge of trying to root phones of their subscribers, that's if actually such is going to happen because i believe it won't really be to the best interest of the team if they choose that path, though i think they said something about a top brand collaboration, not yet certain about that
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 04:34:59 AM

Yes, you do have a solid point and the more reason why they should elaborate on that aspect like how do they want to overcome that challenge of trying to root phones of their subscribers, that's if actually such is going to happen because i believe it won't really be to the best interest of the team if they choose that path, though i think they said something about a top brand collaboration, not yet certain about that

In my opinion, it would be more graceful for the project to collaborate with a manufacturing company for the devices than settle for rooting users device. Infact, I don't see the rooting option happening because its unethical and exposes the device to several harmful factors.
Leo1190

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 08:39:44 AM

Couple with the fact that there are already number of blockchain based projects running with similar ideas and not being successful with implementation. However let's see how it all turns out to be. When we can get a hang of it and they can get a fair share of the market then I think the project will be profitable for business in the long term.

One of the most common weakness of blockchain inspired project is the adoption. Most times we are bamboozled by the details of a project who appears to have every step figured out and the teams pedigree looking so renowned but on entering the market they get consumed and before long we stop seeing their impact.
Am eagerly waiting for a project to break the jinx on blockchain inspired project and hope to see Elynet project making an outstanding contribution to the telecom industry.

Actually blockchain technology itself has not been adopted by everyone, even it is banned in many countries and many people don't know about the existing ecosystem. So the projects launched through blockchain must make impression to reach the mass numbers and I feel the concept of elynet is itself making an impression and hoping that elynet will make a revolutionary impact on telecom industry.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 01:03:25 PM

Actually blockchain technology itself has not been adopted by everyone, even it is banned in many countries and many people don't know about the existing ecosystem. So the projects launched through blockchain must make impression to reach the mass numbers and I feel the concept of elynet is itself making an impression and hoping that elynet will make a revolutionary impact on telecom industry.

I must confess that upon reading the article on Elynet, I was humbled by the pedigree of the team members who happen to be big shots and have outstanding experience in existing blue chip telecom companies. I believe with their experience we can be rest assured that the Elynet project will do well.
Leo1190

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 02:37:16 PM

I just checked elynet's telegram and I find it interesting that they have their own mobile application CRUDE  and users can buy data by using elynet  tokens ElyX, and can also gift unused data to others and many more features like free international calls. That's really gonna make a great impression on telecommunication Industry.

When you say Data. Are you saying mobile data that can be used to access the internet like the traditional data we buy in our country?

According to their telegram page I guess yes data means mobile data which we buy to connect with Internet. And for more information you may follow this link.

https://www.coincurb.com/news/elynet-first-global-blockchain-telecom-company-announces-launch/

Going through this link raised a lot of questions on my mind. For example.

Crude OS Elynet own OS; how do we get to install this system on our mobile?

What are the pricing for data since peer to peer calls are almost free?

You raised good points, if they have their own os then they have to provide some solution for installing it in ios and Android systems or other way around they must be building their own hardware and I'm guessing that they are going to design special hardware to provide services they are offering.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: