Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding Altcoins can get you Rekt  (Read 1076 times)
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:15:51 AM

I see people encouraging hodling doing so to reduce supply to market in favor of themselves to hkeep the price up for themselves to sell. I happen to be a victim with junks of tokens in my wallet. I am not in the club of quick seller.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:17:14 AM

Most altcoins are good for shortterm in this present market condition, might be a better choice for those who like predicting on bet platforms but if you know which altcoins you hold you won't get rekkt, i almost change all my altcoins to old altcoins now because they seem to be better than new projects
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:20:24 AM

Oh man do not tell me about alts. They made me lose most of my investment because of that bear season. I still do not understand how some alts can decline by %95, they left some people hopeless in market. If someone is going to enter the market now, I advice them to look at good projects which have high all-time-highs. They will be the ones which will increase the most.

Haha,,, do not worry you are surely not alone.

I saw many of my coins drop to 99% of old value even, but anyway I learnt my lesson early and since then 90% of my money goes into Bitcoin or so, and the rest is solid alts and MAYBE 1% into risky alts.

We all know and can laugh now but I do feel bad for those who put a lot into stupid shitcoins like TRX.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hamzaal24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 08:02:35 AM

You are right, Investor should visit trusted site before investing in altcoins. Crypto-market is facing dump it will be good to invest in top 10 altcoins.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 08:18:59 AM

You are right, Investor should visit trusted site before investing in altcoins. Crypto-market is facing dump it will be good to invest in top 10 altcoins.
Right now investing in the top 10 altcoin also doesn't offer benefits, because it requires the current market to be very different from previous years, but investing is also not a problem, as long as there is a strong and careful analysis.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 08:48:38 AM

Often times I read various posts of people/traders/investors preaching HODLing some altcoins for years and so on thus I took some to research on altcoins 3years and guess what? Most of the altcoins in 2016 are no more to found anymore. You can take a deep look as well via https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20160103/

My candid advise is to trade with the five senses intact and not with emotions. Don't get on some shitcoins with the intention to hold for years else you might get rekt.

Pretty solid advise. Altcoins are a thing of the past and people have lost so much trust in them because of all the scams that have happened. Even huge and real altcoin projects like Ethereum have felt the brunt of the damage (currently trading at ~$170).

Better to be safe and just buy bitcoin.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Masyudhi

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 08:59:55 AM

Often times I read various posts of people/traders/investors preaching HODLing some altcoins for years and so on thus I took some to research on altcoins 3years and guess what? Most of the altcoins in 2016 are no more to found anymore. You can take a deep look as well via https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20160103/

My candid advise is to trade with the five senses intact and not with emotions. Don't get on some shitcoins with the intention to hold for years else you might get rekt.
Not all coins that we hold for a long time will give us an advantage. All depends on what coins we observe and examine, if we take a random sample then we will get different results. But if we look at some of the top coins and analyze them, the results will be very good if we compare them from 2016 to 2017. So, don't just hold and wait for it a few years later, hold the coins that you think have the potential to make a profit and don't forget to keep watching market movements.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:23:38 AM

Right now investing in the top 10 altcoin also doesn't offer benefits, because it requires the current market to be very different from previous years, but investing is also not a problem, as long as there is a strong and careful analysis.
It is necessary to determine what you are going to analyze, what indicators. If this is a technical analysis, then in essence it will not give you anything. In the cryptocurrency market, one needs to analyze liquidity, capitalization and trading volumes.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:25:54 AM

That is the main reason why we should only hold altcoins that have high volume and have potential growth.  We will lose mony if we hold altcoins that doesn't have value so we should be careful in terms of buying.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:32:42 AM

Holding altcoin should only be done after you convince yourself that the market value of that coin will not fade in next years to come. Analyzing which among them has the highest potential growth is difficult and many other people has their own various views and preference that you can use as basis for your decision. This is industry changes a lot so keep studying the market and only invest if you accept the risk of this dynamic industry.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:23:34 PM

Sure, I agree with the point that you must not hodl something blindly forever or fall in love with any project, and you must trade and invest without letting feelings take control.

But still, there's nothing wrong with hodling good altcoins, even for years. Imagine someone bought NEM at $0.000175 on the day of your screenshot and sold it when it was $1. He experienced 5714X profits (NEM went to > $2 prices in January 2018).

How much profit would he have if he traded frequently? Experience says: much less than that.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

This proves that not all altcoins should be hold, though they can still be revive in the future who knows. It is sad to think that there are alts that just faded in the industry after the days of promoting it in different platforms. This made me wonder what will happen in the current projects I come across after a few months from now. I hope that most of them can sustain and improve their position in the market.
Tomcolor

Activity: 661
Merit: 10

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:41:05 PM

Obviously i will not still holding because when i got profits then i sell altcoins. Basically i am not a biggest amount limit holder so always i want expect some profits then again i will jump other altcoins which altcoins more improve team developing and there good future.

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:47:27 PM

Holding any other altcoin can get you rekt or make you rich. Its a two way affair. Nobody knows the future of any coin and that is why you should always trade with an amount that you can afford to lose.

Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:33:36 PM

Depends on which altcoins you are holding. In time most of the altcoins died so you have to be careful when picking one. If you are holding some good projects then there is nothing to worry about.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

airbet.io

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:46:45 PM

If you are not careful with the tokens and coins you decide to hold for long you might get rekt for real, its really very disappointing how altcoins are exiting scam and many of them are just pump and dump,these altcoins are everywhere and only very few of them will survive for a very long time, one must depend on research after research to find the hidden gems among the stones
Study after study must indeed continue to be done. don't get stuck on shitcoin which is only used for games and enriches its developers. Choosing the best trusted altcoin that is highly recommended. Then also choose the type of altcoin that you want to follow, whether type of short term, medium term or long term. and need to be patient to get maximum results.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Denongels

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:32:45 PM

a little agree on this, especially if altcoin is a project of ico or similar, I am sure sooner or later we will rekt, but if we hold altcoin that is not from there the opportunity to get profits remains.

cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:24:24 AM

It is true, especially if you consider that major coins like ETH, LTC or even XRP are far below their ATHs. But I do not see any point in selling them right now for peanuts, because one day the whole market will raise.

torpedo

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

WE SCALE CRYPTO COMMUNITIES!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 02:10:22 PM

Yes indeed, it seems foolish to stick with one coin when the market is utterly unstable. The fame of btc keeps affecting minds i guess.
Raymzopai

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:21:07 PM

Yes this is true. Holding shit altcoins can get anyone Rekt and one of the most important thing in crypto is to always take or cash out profits as at when seen. Although there are some altcoins which are good for long term but they are not much in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: