Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 04:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not trust New wallets with your fund  (Read 3511 times)
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 06:46:56 PM

The reason why i don't like new wallets
1. They always have low users which means they have nothing new to offer,even if new users try them out,once they don't see any thing new they bounce back to their old wallet, repetitive at work

2. Many new wallets on playstore can't be trusted,they have different set of aims, some have access to your private keys but they will fool users thinking you are the only one in control of the private keys and some don't  give out private keys to users,they work as online wallet
Install with old wallet have higher score trusted so far and keep away from new wallet when you want to install and save your coin there, better with old wallet have higher score trusted with many investor install old wallet like Coinomi, if you found new wallet ask to the group how trusted of new wallet, what the feature of new wallet than old wallet, you have ask detail before you install in your hand phone.
I still prefer to use hardware wallet than other online wallet because of high security. We can ensure the safety of our tokens if we will use hard ware wallet. Long term investors are using it because of its good characteristics.

Hard wallet does offer high security compared to online wallet. But not everyone can afford to buy a hard wallet if they only have a few coins. Trust wallet is one of my trusted choices now compared to other mobile wallets
Yeah I have been using hardware wallet for few years, it is very much secured as compared to any other wallets (especially the new online wallets) as I never faced any issue regarding my private keys because hardware wallets has a very special security system in which the private key will always be safe and sound, but yeah the problem here comes is its price which very high and only those can afford it who has a lot of coins.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 08:26:45 PM

A Nigerian Crypto wallet recently scammed exit and their users lost over $1m in cryptocurrency, I wouldn't recommend anybody to use a new cryptocurrency wallet because it's just not reliable, I know a few of them that came out strong but are no more functioning now.

Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 08:33:07 PM

A Nigerian Crypto wallet recently scammed exit and their users lost over $1m in cryptocurrency, I wouldn't recommend anybody to use a new cryptocurrency wallet because it's just not reliable, I know a few of them that came out strong but are no more functioning now.

Do you want to give a reference about their site? I want to know more about the wallet so that I can personally know more about the team so that if they make a project again I can find out and I want to know why it happened. therefore I need the news
Bananington

Activity: 1470
Merit: 398

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 08:45:04 PM

Trusting new wallets that is just new implemented or new in the wallet industry it is very hard to trust because of the many wallets that is trying to get or steal our crypto assets or our crypto funds so it would be better if we will just stick to the wallets that we used to be or those wallets that already proved us their legitimacy like for example the mew or myetherwallet and etc.
Before downloading any wallet for specific coins, I normally check the coinmarketcap data and access the website, that's where I get download link to be sure. For universal wallets, I'm very comfortable with Blockchain.com, Trust wallet, Atomic wallet and Imtoken2. We just need to be very careful.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 09:21:18 PM

Yes, I strongly agree, because some of the crypto wallets in PlayStore are still prone to indications of fraud, therefore it is important to look at the ratings and reviews of these apps, my recommended wallet is xwallet, coinomi, Coinus, imtoken, and trust wallet, in addition to display Interestingly, the rating of some of these apps is very good.
It’s wrong if you download your wallet from play store and you are getting it from any public app because most of them comes from local people. I trust and use only block chain to store my coins. Block chain is the best wallet it’s not possible to hack or take by anyone so I use block chain and never share newly advertised wallet.
EmmaBen

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 11:05:00 PM

Very true.. Reason being that, there a lot of fraudsters and con artists looking for the slightest opportunities to defraud unsuspecting people. Some could go the distance of creating and deploying crypto wallets and apps with the intentions of stealing people's assets. This means, there could create a crypto wallet just to carry out their deals. This is why it is extremely good to trust only established wallets and apps. 
TriplexXx

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 11:21:01 PM

One thing though, Exit scam is what I hate the most. New crypto wallets may easily run away with people's money more especially the ones on play store. People need to be very careful these days because there are many scammers out there trying to steal people's bitcoin or altcoins.
Raymzopai

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:49:48 AM

This is absolutely true cox new wallet are mostly there to cart away peoples fund. Another significant thing to take note of is to stop downloading any kind of apps in play store as there are so many fake and scam wallet created to steal investors cryptocurrenies. I therefore urge investors to stay with popular and existing wallet in other to safeguard their crypto assets.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:52:36 AM

New wallet need a lot of time and prove to us that their wallet is safe but they need someone else try it for months and give feedback so we can know if the wallet are really trusted to store our funds. Im stick to the old wallet that I use and everyone most or favorite wallet of the crypto user because I don't want to take the risk my funds for the new wallet because all we want is to have safe wallet that keep our funds safe too.
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 10:06:24 AM

New wallet need a lot of time and prove to us that their wallet is safe but they need someone else try it for months and give feedback so we can know if the wallet are really trusted to store our funds. Im stick to the old wallet that I use and everyone most or favorite wallet of the crypto user because I don't want to take the risk my funds for the new wallet because all we want is to have safe wallet that keep our funds safe too.

My preference was still for metamask because its still the safest one based on the experience I had. More new wallets had been promoting that they're safe, but it was failure in the long run. Don't risk your funds on new wallets without an assurance, you'll tend to loss all of your funds without any notice. Some of them have bugs and hackers is sufficient to intrude it's security.
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 10:13:59 AM

I avoid wallets that are still beta and choose a wallet that has become a trusted reference, for example a wallet that is a reference from the neo team. Distrust is natural but to try it without making a deposit is not a problem as long as you have an active correspondence on their telegram. The problem is private keys and other sensitive data, but if it is indeed potential, and at least it can be linked to metamask etc, then that doesn't matter.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 10:17:46 AM

I will never use a new wallets that have few users and reviees. I can be scammed if I will use new wallets, I keep reading articles about people who losing their funds because of they use new wallets.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 07:51:47 PM

I have been very comfortable using wallet blockchain.com and myetherwallet by using additional metamask addons
I have never used a mobile wallet because there are many wallets that want to steal crypto assets
Why do you keep your funds only in online wallets, I understand those kind of wallets can be very practical because you have your money with you as long as you have an Internet connection and that is a very attractive advantage over many other wallets, but the risk is you don't really know if the owners behind those websites do not have a copy of your wallet and could steal from you, and if that was not enough if you mistakenly go to the wrong website then hackers can steal all your funds from you.
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 07:55:58 PM

Do not test new projects as well they can all run with your funds. Projects that hasn't gained credibility shouldn't be trusted one but before a wallet is developed, the team has to have some work experience which is know to all and shows how credible they were in their past work.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:15:40 PM

Actually old wallet enough is enough so no need other wallet without smart, because lot of scam platform in here so believe in new wallet more difficult. Basically many time here i have reading more articles about scam wallet and people lost their funds.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:23:48 PM

There are altcoins which is related to wallets and at the same time with an exchange on it.  They were doing ICO too in the past, looks good and I have no issues but I'm still cautious storing BTC on it. I just use them because they did release a coin for the wallet, the purpose of the coin is not exactly known but they are listed on many exchanges so I did kept the coins.

Actually old wallet enough is enough so no need other wallet without smart, because lot of scam platform in here so believe in new wallet more difficult. Basically many time here i have reading more articles about scam wallet and people lost their funds.

Seen some of them too. It looks like they are just waiting for more people to store and send BTC and EOS to the wallets before they will exit.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 01:24:28 PM

I would not even look for new wallets or exchanges. Why would you, if there are so much proven wallets on the market, that have passed several difficulties already. I would rather work with old wallets, then trust something new.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:05:00 PM

I would not even look for new wallets or exchanges. Why would you, if there are so much proven wallets on the market, that have passed several difficulties already. I would rather work with old wallets, then trust something new.
Sometimes it makes sense to try new wallets, after all if a new wallet with new and great characteristics emerges I will test it, but I will never put all my holdings in that new wallet, I will only test it with a small amount of money and if the experience is satisfactory I may deposit a little bit more money next time, but if for some reason the wallet turns out to be a scam I will not lose an amount of money that will affect me since my small funds are always in a cold wallet to avoid hackers as much as possible.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:38:10 PM

New wallets have the most low security at all. Most of the users of these kinds of wallets are losing their funds because of the low security. You should always pick hardware wallet in terms of storing your coins in a long period of time.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:41:32 PM

New wallets have the most low security at all. Most of the users of these kinds of wallets are losing their funds because of the low security. You should always pick hardware wallet in terms of storing your coins in a long period of time.
But the main reason is lack of experience. As far as i know, the creator of a new wallet will always audit its code and try to find the vulnerability before it will launch its wallet. You can see trust wallet and it has already launched after so many ethereum wallets have already launched in the past. People are trusting it instantly.
so many users are losing their funds in the hardware wallet too. It's about how good the dev try to fix the bug or vulnerability from the app or software.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: