Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not trust New wallets with your fund  (Read 3511 times)
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 12:50:37 PM

Every season there will always be a way carefully laid out by scammers to deprive people of their fund ,before using a new wallet be very careful so as not to fall prey. I still prefer old or existing wallet though we still need to give chance to new innovations. Some might be developed for a good reason.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 02:38:19 PM

Thanks for the reminders! Actually i never used any new and unknown wallets since in the very beginning of my cryptocurrency investment journey. But i used different kinds of trusted wallet for different coins and tokens, that i was holding. for me its very important to choose those trusted and reliable wallets to protect our funds from unauthorized access and used. so far im not encountered any unfortunate incidents involving any crypto wallet that i was using.
sisule

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 02:45:22 PM

Last two weeks  I got new add on look the same with blockhain account because they manage their add on similar with blockhain site. maybe when you added add on blockchain pro to your mozilla browser you never think is fake and scam add on but after checking with their telegram channel look fake and scam, exactly I use new blockchain account for joining airdrop project.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 03:02:10 PM

I always use a wallet that has been trusted by many crypto communities and always look at the review of the wallet before use because it is very important that our assets are safe.
everyone certainly does the same with you. but now you can see many new wallet platforms that hold airdrops and are promoted by many participants. we must be careful with what is circulating in the media.
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2020, 03:04:53 PM

Thats true, i never trust new wallet and never log in wallet to the new wallet.
I only use new wallet to claim airdrop/bounty token in their new wallet in a project.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 03:09:51 PM

The reason why i don't like new wallets
1. They always have low users which means they have nothing new to offer,even if new users try them out,once they don't see any thing new they bounce back to their old wallet, repetitive at work

2. Many new wallets on playstore can't be trusted,they have different set of aims, some have access to your private keys but they will fool users thinking you are the only one in control of the private keys and some don't  give out private keys to users,they work as online wallet

If you are careless user then you will be victimized by them, your reasons is making you safer from this scammer apps, we don't just trust a app that didn't have more users or well known platform that have their own wallet app. we need to be more careful where we drop our funds, a lot of people now are finding better wallet so lets educate them to not believe to this apps.   

Watch out for this SPACE!
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 03:12:06 PM

I always use a wallet that has been trusted by many crypto communities and always look at the review of the wallet before use because it is very important that our assets are safe.
everyone certainly does the same with you. but now you can see many new wallet platforms that hold airdrops and are promoted by many participants. we must be careful with what is circulating in the media.
Deeper understanding is what we need before we begin to support or use anything. New wallets are prone into hacking activities to the point that it will harmed our investment. Make it a habit to read and research before doing anything, or if you are curious just don't used huge amount of assets trying it with small amount of money amount that you can afford to lose.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 03:17:04 PM

1. They always have low users which means they have nothing new to offer,even if new users try them out,once they don't see any thing new they bounce back to their old wallet, repetitive at work

2. Many new wallets on playstore can't be trusted,they have different set of aims, some have access to your private keys but they will fool users thinking you are the only one in control of the private keys and some don't  give out private keys to users,they work as online wallet

I agree with you. It is best to use wallets already tested by time and users. That is what will give more granacy that your funds will be safe. As for the new wallets, even if you even want to use it, it is better to do this first for educational purposes. So you protect yourself in the event of something about the loss of all your funds.
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 05:23:45 PM

it's true, many new wallets are available at PlayStore today, and offer a variety of facilities therein. but for the sake of the security of the assets I have, I only trust MyEtherWallet to store various ERC20 tokens, and blockchain to store my BTC.
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 05:33:33 PM

actually not only with a new wallet but almost every wallet has a third party so it is very vulnerable and most likely they can also find out your data or can access your wallet there. but I think if the responsible company wouldn't do it because it could be fatal or reflect a bad reputation for the company.
leatutz

Activity: 523

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 09:39:15 PM

2. Many new wallets on playstore can't be trusted,they have different set of aims, some have access to your private keys but they will fool users thinking you are the only one in control of the private keys and some don't  give out private keys to users,they work as online wallet
Atomic wallet has huge success in last year, which means this wallet is very new than any others wallet. Already this wallet is holding enough success either you trust this wallet or untrust. Unfortunately this wallet had a scam app in play store before legit app listed. This isn't right that new wallet can't trust after success. Although some scam wallet also already exists in cryptocurrency
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:11:59 PM

Once you have seen that there is something wrong into the new wallet you wish to try, better back off and do not put any amount of your assets into it because added by the fact that it is new, we can never tell what will happen into your funds once you put some into. Even if they look attractive and promising due to the features it have, still it will be best to check it out first by exploring the whole wallet and taking background information about it through thorough research to answer your inquiry. Also, if you wish to use new wallet, better check and limit the information permission you grant so that they cannot access private manners that must not be shared to other. An addition to that, if you are already comfortable and you still find your old wallet to be still working good and making you have convenient experience, better stick into it because you have already proven it safe and secure.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:46:21 PM

Thanks for the reminders! Actually i never used any new and unknown wallets since in the very beginning of my cryptocurrency investment journey. But i used different kinds of trusted wallet for different coins and tokens, that i was holding. for me its very important to choose those trusted and reliable wallets to protect our funds from unauthorized access and used. so far im not encountered any unfortunate incidents involving any crypto wallet that i was using.
Just like me, I have never used a new wallet to hold the coins I have and so far nothing has happened and in my opinion a new wallet might pose a risk to people who don't know whether the wallet is trustworthy so we don't hesitate to use the wallet that is because some people have tried to use a new wallet but instead the coins they have were hacked and this is something we don't want.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 05:06:54 PM

Phishing is normal thing in crypto , many new holders fall victims to these attempts. Mainly it is done through social media groups or mail where they promise to deposit fund to your wallet or through alert message that your account is going to be closed. Awareness of these thing is really necessary now as crypto is adopted by general public as well which have close to zero knowledge of how wallets work.
Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 05:13:02 PM

each cryptoqurrency wallet has advantages and disadvantages to each other, including new wallets in the Playstore application. Most of them are still in development and you will be guided to always renew the wallet and need to access the private key again.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:10:36 AM

Phishing is normal thing in crypto , many new holders fall victims to these attempts. Mainly it is done through social media groups or mail where they promise to deposit fund to your wallet or through alert message that your account is going to be closed. Awareness of these thing is really necessary now as crypto is adopted by general public as well which have close to zero knowledge of how wallets work.
it seems to me that phishing has become outdated a long time ago and people don’t even open emails or always check is the letter really came from an official source. There is a lot of information that has been published about phishing both on this forum and in other media. on Youtube, every blogger already has information about how to avoid phishing attacks and what it is.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:36:53 AM

each cryptoqurrency wallet has advantages and disadvantages to each other, including new wallets in the Playstore application. Most of them are still in development and you will be guided to always renew the wallet and need to access the private key again.
Its important to secure our funds with wallets that we hold the keys.

I have nothing against new wallets but its better not to trust easily and stick to wallets that already well established and proven by other holders as safe to use.

Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:43:13 AM

Deciding to use a new wallet or not I think it is everyone's choice and to use a new wallet yourself everyone must be more careful because some new wallets are made to steal coins owned by the user. So for people who want to use a new wallet it's better to ask for advice from friends and also observe for themselves whether the wallet has good security and can be trusted to use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: