Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:16:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vid of Biden admit bribe of Ukrainian Pres. to fire prosecutor investigating son  (Read 4044 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 06:31:41 AM

"BREAKING: Burisma Paid Former Ukrainian President Poroshenko $100mm To Suppress Hunter Biden Investigation in 2017, Bribed FBI agents Ignored Evidence, US Embassy In Kyiv Neck Deep In Corruption"

https://creativedestructionmedia.com/investigations/2019/10/18/breaking-burisma-paid-former-ukrainian-president-poroshenko-100mm-to-suppress-hunter-biden-investigation-in-2017-bribed-fbi-agents-ignored-evidence-us-embassy-in-kyiv-neck-deep-in-corruption/

You should be embarrassed to keep floating this type of sensationalist garbage. The fact that you think it bears any type of credibility leads me to believe you're perhaps not as smart or wise as you think you are.

https://www.scribd.com/user/259237201/JohnSolomon/uploads

'“The U.S. government had open-source intelligence and was aware as early as February of 2019 that the Ukrainian government was planning to reopen the Burisma investigation,” Solomon said.

This is long before the president ever imagined having a call with President [Volodymyr] Zelensky,” he added, calling the development a “significant shift in the factual timeline.”'

So fucking what? The Burisma investigation never had anything to do with Hunter Biden. What do you think they are going to find? Hunter was unqualified for the job? That's not a crime.

TL;DR

"I'm right, you're wrong, because I say so. In fact I am so right I don't even need to make an argument and can rely solely on character attacks."
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:14:37 PM

but I'll take the word of the Ukraine president
That's a good little sheep. I love how you guys that tend to believe conspiracy theories pick and choose who you'll believe to just fit what you want to be true. Of course he's going to agree with that. That's what you do when you're being "strong armed". You really have to be naive if you can't see that. I also note you left out the "though" word. Nice attempt at trying to misleading others.

That's a very lawyerly look at just one of several connotations of the word "though" in a conversation. There are several others and frankly that's the very definition of the phrase "grasping at straws."

Not sure what there could possibly be wrong with taking the statement of the man supposedly pushed around over the word of Viper1 (anonymous Internet opinionated). It is what it is. Deal with it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/world/europe/zelensky-trump.html

Ukraine’s president, in his first public comments on the phone call that led to an impeachment inquiry into President Trump, said Wednesday that the call was “normal,” that “nobody pushed me,” and that he did not want to become entangled in American elections.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be involved in the democratic elections of U.S.A.,” said the Ukrainian leader, Volodymyr Zelensky, speaking to reporters with Mr. Trump on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“We had, I think, a good phone call,” Mr. Zelensky added, referring to a call the leaders had on July 25, which is at the center of the inquiry. “It was normal. We spoke about many things. And so, I think, and you read it, that nobody pushed — pushed me.”

End of subject, right? But you really should go back and look at what Trump asked as "a favor." You'd like us to focus on Biden, sure, but THAT WAS THE FIFTH THING ON HIS LIST.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 02:10:19 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 06:28:17 AM by TECSHARE

If you weren't too broke to, I would tell you to pay closer attention. I am talking about the phone call. No, it isn't debatable, here are the documents:
You're not talking about the phone call specifically. You're putting up a smoke screen for the sheep.

'“The U.S. government had open-source intelligence and was aware as early as February of 2019 that the Ukrainian government was planning to reopen the Burisma investigation,” Solomon said.

Given his past and the "quality" of what he writes in terms of misleading, obfuscating the like, I don't put much credence in what Solomon may say all on it's own. He's just the typical "fake news" person who's intent is to convince sheep to a certain bias. Like you apparently.

Besides that, it's all just a smoke screen to try and distract from what was said in the phone call. Trump clearly said if you want more stuff, you need to do this for me/us. So none of what you're saying or posting is applicable. Even his own spokesperson said it was a quid pro quo and he also said they held back aid by the way. Until it can at least be agreed on that Trump's call was a quid pro quo, the discussion cannot move onto the other issue of whether or not it was specifically for political gain or for other interests.

Again, are you trying to say Trump some how got high level officials from several agencies to lie for him and cover up some other transcript you claims exists?
I said if they produce a 100% "accurate" one, then one has to wonder if it's been "faked" or not given all the lies and crap that's been going on in the WH. But until it happens, if ever, it's a moot point. Are you so derange in your worship of dear leader that you have reading comprehension issues?

You just got done arguing a subpoena is not the same as a legal document
I'm not done but I don't have the time right now to respond to your long drivel that contained nothing factual. Despite all the documentation I've given you that explains congressional subpoenas, you've shown yourself to either be too dense to get it, or you simply want to spread bullshit for the sheep.

Also I love the fat that you mirror my language calling you a parrot as you literally accuse me of being a parrot in the same breath.
I figure that one needs to use you're own form of discussion for it to ever sink into your head.

So you get to tell me what I am saying now? Well since we are speaking for each other...

I really like donkey dicks!

What EXACTLY has Solomon published before that you consider "fake news"? Don't just make a character attack then not back any of it up, that is pathetic and lazy. You just declaring very relevant facts such as the investigation being reopened before the call, and that Ukraine had no idea the funds were withheld are not applicable doesn't wave a magic wand over them and make it true. You aren't making any arguments, you are just repeating your position and telling me I am wrong and you are right like a true mental midget. You aren't wondering, you are declaring it a fake based on zero evidence. I ask again, do you really believe he some how got all of these agencies to lie for him and cover up some other transcript? There were lots of people listening to that call...

You claimed congressional subpoenas were not legal documents, and now you are just claiming I provided no evidence when I clearly provided an example of past congressional subpoenas and compared them to the letters requesting information they are calling "subpoenas" and proved they are in fact not actual subpoenas. If you had even the most rudimentary knowledge of law you would know this, but all you have are character attacks, parrot vomit, and denials.

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:33:20 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2019, 06:48:19 AM by Viper1

that is pathetic and lazy
You're such a hypocrit. I've engaged with you on the subpoena thing including digging up all sorts of governmental documents to back up my arguments and then you turned around and said you wouldn't do the same just like a true keyboard warrior who is "pathetic and lazy". You're not interested in the facts, just spreading opinion to convince the sheep to your bias.

You claimed congressional subpoenas were not legal documents
You seriously have a reading comprehension issue or only see what confirms your own bias. That's not what I've said at all.

I clearly provided an example of past congressional subpoenas and compared them to the letters requesting information they are calling "subpoenas"
Once again, you failed to "prove" anything. I showed you that what you provided was for hearings and not for investigations etc. I also showed straight from the government site that the "form" is only a sample and is meant as a guide as to what should be in the subpoena. It could be written on toilet paper but as long as it had the correct information it would be valid. For someone who claims to know "the law" you're really dense when it comes to this. I then proved proof that committees have wide ranging powers to issue their own subpoenas, which they authorize all on their own through appropriate signatures. I've also provided a link to a senate handbook that presents an subpoena in the form of a letter. The letter from the whitehouse itself acknowledge what you claim isn't a subpoena, is actually a subpoena. I guess you're right though and all that stuff straight from the government is wrong.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 07:52:57 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 06:28:04 AM by TECSHARE

that is pathetic and lazy
You're such a hypocrit. I've engaged with you on the subpoena thing including digging up all sorts of governmental documents to back up my arguments and then you turned around and said you wouldn't do the same just like a true keyboard warrior who is "pathetic and lazy". You're not interested in the facts, just spreading opinion to convince the sheep to your bias.

You claimed congressional subpoenas were not legal documents
You seriously have a reading comprehension issue or only see what confirms your own bias. That's not what I've said at all.

I clearly provided an example of past congressional subpoenas and compared them to the letters requesting information they are calling "subpoenas"
Once again, you failed to "prove" anything. I showed you that what you provided was for hearings and not for investigations etc. I also showed straight from the government site that the "form" is only a sample and is meant as a guide as to what should be in the subpoena. It could be written on toilet paper but as long as it had the correct information it would be valid. For someone who claims to know "the law" you're really dense when it comes to this. I then proved proof that committees have wide ranging powers to issue their own subpoenas, which they authorize all on their own through appropriate signatures. I've also provided a link to a senate handbook that presents an subpoena in the form of a letter. The letter from the whitehouse itself acknowledge what you claim isn't a subpoena, is actually a subpoena. I guess you're right though and all that stuff straight from the government is wrong.

The fact that you can Google unrelated an non-applicable court cases means nothing. Those cases were regarding a corporation and an individual, not impeachment of a president. One is the state vs a corporation and the other is the legislative vs the executive branch. That is a HUGE difference. It is not my fault you are too ignorant to realize what you think is evidence is a steaming pile of unrelated dog shit. You don't even have the most rudimentary knowledge of law and are just Googling random shit and vomiting it up thinking it means something.

Their subpoenas are different. i.e. they're not the same as a legal subpoenas.

Really? Looks pretty clear to me you are saying congressional subpoenas are not legal subpoenas.

Once again, you have zero actual understanding of what you are arguing. I showed you straight form your OWN LINK an example of an ACTUAL SUBPOENA used in an ACTUAL IMPEACHMENT and then I showed you THE ACTUAL letters the house is calling a "subpoena". A subpoena has requirements of information to be included in order to be a subpoena. Nancy Pelosi can shit in a box and call it a subpoena, that doesn't make it a subpoena. I never said they couldn't issue subpoenas, I said they DIDN'T issue any actual subpoenas. No The White House doesn't acknowledge they are subpoenas.

"In letters to State Department employees, the Committees have ominously threatened – without any legal basis and before the Committees even issued a subpoena – that ‘[a]ny failure to appear’ in response to a mere letter request for a deposition ‘shall constitute evidence of obstruction."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/excerpts-white-house-letter-to-house-democrats-regarding-their-unconstitutional-inquiry/

Viper1

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:15:40 AM

Really? Looks pretty clear to me you are saying congressional subpoenas are not legal subpoenas.

Their subpoenas are different. i.e. they're not the same as a legal subpoenas. His argument is that they don't have the "force of law". Which would be correct except they have the "force of the constitution".
Cherry picking one line is just lame on your part. It was in reference to the entire debate that had been going on and as you can see, I had more to say on it and I've cut out all the rest.

Either you don't know what you're talking about, or you have a damn hard time actually putting your arguments into any sort of coherent form which makes it very difficult to have any sort of rational debate with you.

What subpoena from an impeachment did you post that you say I had provided a site for? I provided info on an investigation into bengazi, not an impeachment.

The premise is that the subpoenas had force of law because they originated from a criminal investigation, making the comparison illegitimate. A crime is not required, but in order for a subpoena to exist, it must have the force of law including a penalty for defying it, which requires a vote in the house, or in Nixon's case a criminal investigation from which to issue the subpoena, the violation of which having legal penalty was the basis of that article of impeachment. In Trumps case there is neither a crime to base a subpoena on, nor a house vote, making them not legally even subpoenas.

I suggest you go and read some of the actual government documents etc I've previously posted. The republicans changed the rules and no vote or anything like that is required for them to open up an investigation and issue subpoenas with the "force of law" behind them as you say. I feel like you're so stuck on this that I should throw you a bone for something you could actually argue about them.

As for you claiming the court case I posted aren't valid. That's your opinion although since any discussion of the power of those subpoenas includes those cases I'd say you're wrong. But if you were right, then I guess since all the court cases the WH put in their letter have nothing to do with impeachment either, then they don't apply. Thus, their arguments and yours are invalid and they should be complying with the subpoenas.

No The White House doesn't acknowledge they are subpoenas.

"The House's failure to provide co-equal subpoena power in this case...". Complaining that Republicans haven't been given the power is an implicit admission that the other side has the power to issue subpoenas. Course that entire thing is false as well since they can, except that the committee has to vote and the majority (Democrats) could vote it down. They're only complaining that they can't issue them on their own.

As you posted yourself "without any legal basis and before the Committee even issued a subpoena---" Looks to me like they recognize them as subpoenas as they used a past tense to say that they have issued subpoenas.

And elsewhere regarding what they had received "it transmits a subpoena". Once again, they recognize them as subpoenas.

No where do they argue that they aren't valid subpoenas. They argue about "precedent". They argue that it's not in the legislative sphere. They argue that there's no due process (as I pointed out, since you think the cases I posted don't apply, then that same thing can be said about theirs). All of that stuff is just bogus and is only in there to force a court case that would draw everything out which they could then use to bolster the other argument in that letter that "impeachment" should be handled in the next election. But in that letter they didn't invoke executive privilege which I find odd. In that case, Pelosi etc know they would need to have a vote in order to strengthen they're case for their subpoenas in regards to executive privilege. Makes me think they don't actually want the vote so they can carry on using the argument to leave people with the impression he's being railroaded. Makes sense I suppose.

Viper1

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:22:47 AM

It is what it is. Deal with it.
Once again you show that you're just a good little sheep that believes what you're told as opposed to thinking for yourself.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be involved in the democratic elections of U.S.A.,” said the Ukrainian leader, Volodymyr Zelensky, speaking to reporters with Mr. Trump on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“We had, I think, a good phone call,” Mr. Zelensky added, referring to a call the leaders had on July 25, which is at the center of the inquiry. “It was normal. We spoke about many things. And so, I think, and you read it, that nobody pushed — pushed me.”[/i]

End of subject, right? But you really should go back and look at what Trump asked as "a favor." You'd like us to focus on Biden, sure, but THAT WAS THE FIFTH THING ON HIS LIST.
You seem to want to believe what he has to say when he needs to say that in order to stay in Trumps good graces and keep getting support. You need to keep up buttercup as there seems to be more and more information coming out that indicates aid was being held up as part of him making that statement. Assuming of course the statements that have been made are accurate and get some confirmation. But I'm sure you and everyone else will now turn to discrediting all those people so you can continue to support your dear leader.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 12:03:38 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 11:19:01 AM by Spendulus

You seem to want to believe what he has to say when he needs to say...
Okay, that's what I said, yes. That I'd take his word over yours. Why not?
Now do I need to take your word that ... "what he has to say when he needs to say" or do I take his?

Please educate me, O Most Awesome Anonymous Voice of Internet Who Continually Spews Ad Hominem, as to why anyone should take you seriously.

Remember, I'm just some guy that read the transcript and thought it was totally no big deal. Then I noted that you've got to parse grammar and construct particular meaning to one word to get any support for your view. Now there's your assertion regarding the other party saying he wasn't coerced that "he's been coerced and you can't believe him that he's not been coerced."

Really?

REALLY?

I certainly do appreciate your attention to this matter, from the view that there are some REALLY SMART PEOPLE (and OF COURSE you are in that group, I knew that from the very start), who should go through all this and exert serious efforts to deThrone Trump, or anyone such as him, who does not meet the standards of the Really Smart People, who after all should decide for the lowly people of the United States, the low and stupid and ignorant Voters, what they should do and who they should vote for and who they should Hate.

signed...

---Just Another Deplorable
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 06:26:22 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 06:42:15 PM by TECSHARE

Their subpoenas are different. i.e. they're not the same as a legal subpoenas. His argument is that they don't have the "force of law". Which would be correct except they have the "force of the constitution".
Cherry picking one line is just lame on your part. It was in reference to the entire debate that had been going on and as you can see, I had more to say on it and I've cut out all the rest.

Either you don't know what you're talking about, or you have a damn hard time actually putting your arguments into any sort of coherent form which makes it very difficult to have any sort of rational debate with you.

What subpoena from an impeachment did you post that you say I had provided a site for? I provided info on an investigation into bengazi, not an impeachment.

The premise is that the subpoenas had force of law because they originated from a criminal investigation, making the comparison illegitimate. A crime is not required, but in order for a subpoena to exist, it must have the force of law including a penalty for defying it, which requires a vote in the house, or in Nixon's case a criminal investigation from which to issue the subpoena, the violation of which having legal penalty was the basis of that article of impeachment. In Trumps case there is neither a crime to base a subpoena on, nor a house vote, making them not legally even subpoenas.

I suggest you go and read some of the actual government documents etc I've previously posted. The republicans changed the rules and no vote or anything like that is required for them to open up an investigation and issue subpoenas with the "force of law" behind them as you say. I feel like you're so stuck on this that I should throw you a bone for something you could actually argue about them.

As for you claiming the court case I posted aren't valid. That's your opinion although since any discussion of the power of those subpoenas includes those cases I'd say you're wrong. But if you were right, then I guess since all the court cases the WH put in their letter have nothing to do with impeachment either, then they don't apply. Thus, their arguments and yours are invalid and they should be complying with the subpoenas.

No The White House doesn't acknowledge they are subpoenas.

"The House's failure to provide co-equal subpoena power in this case...". Complaining that Republicans haven't been given the power is an implicit admission that the other side has the power to issue subpoenas. Course that entire thing is false as well since they can, except that the committee has to vote and the majority (Democrats) could vote it down. They're only complaining that they can't issue them on their own.

As you posted yourself "without any legal basis and before the Committee even issued a subpoena---" Looks to me like they recognize them as subpoenas as they used a past tense to say that they have issued subpoenas.

And elsewhere regarding what they had received "it transmits a subpoena". Once again, they recognize them as subpoenas.

No where do they argue that they aren't valid subpoenas. They argue about "precedent". They argue that it's not in the legislative sphere. They argue that there's no due process (as I pointed out, since you think the cases I posted don't apply, then that same thing can be said about theirs). All of that stuff is just bogus and is only in there to force a court case that would draw everything out which they could then use to bolster the other argument in that letter that "impeachment" should be handled in the next election. But in that letter they didn't invoke executive privilege which I find odd. In that case, Pelosi etc know they would need to have a vote in order to strengthen they're case for their subpoenas in regards to executive privilege. Makes me think they don't actually want the vote so they can carry on using the argument to leave people with the impression he's being railroaded. Makes sense I suppose.

Just because you said other things doesn't mean you didn't say "Their subpoenas are different. i.e. they're not the same as a legal subpoenas."

That's not cherry picking, that's called a quote. You literally claimed congressional subpoenas are not "legal subpoenas". This quote is important because it shows your total ignorance of law. They are in fact issued in different ways, but they still have the same basic requirements to have legal effect, and they are both still very much legal documents.

You are correct that was a subpoena issued by The Congressional Committee On Oversight and Government Reform related to Hillary Clinton's private server, not an impeachment, still it was an example of an actual subpoena you yourself provided issued from congress itself as you are arguing was done in the case of Trump.

Here is the subpoena issued to Monica Lewinsky during the Bill Clinton impeachment for good measure and comparison: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-CDOC-106sdoc3/pdf/GPO-CDOC-106sdoc3-14-4.pdf

This is an actual subpoena: https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/(70)%20Chaffetz%20Subpoena%20to%20Pagliano%2009-16-2016.pdf

This is NOT a subpoena: https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2019-09-27.EEC%20Engel%20Schiff%20%20to%20Pompeo-%20State%20re%20Document%20Subpoena.pdf

You will notice one has very distinctive legal terminology fitting specific legal requirements to make it an actionable legal document, and one does not.

here are the requirements for a subpoena to be actionable: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_45

Very clearly the recent so called "subpoenas" issued to Trump and other related officials regarding his impeachment DO NOT meet these basic foundational legal requirements.

The house COULD in fact issue actual subpoenas, but they have not. If they did however it would largely be a moot point, because as I explained before the legislative and executive branches are constitutionally of equal authority because of the separation of powers of the three branches of government. The office of the president can simply exercise executive privilege and not comply with any subpoenas issued unless the issuing party can demonstrate it falls outside of executive privilege. Of course Nancy Pelosi could simply call a vote to officially engage in an impeachment investigation and severely limit the executive privilege of the office of the president, but she won't do that, because it would allow the president to present his own evidence which would implicate many influential people in the Democrat party in exactly the type of corruption they are attempting to frame Trump for.

"The recipient of a duly issued and valid congressional subpoena has a legal obligation to comply, absent a valid and overriding privilege or other legal justification. But the subpoena is only as effective as the means by which it may be enforced. Without a process by which Congress can coerce compliance or deter non-compliance, the subpoena would be reduced to a formalized request rather than a constitutionally based demand for information."

"Summary" Page 2: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45653.pdf

"Executive Privilege

The use of some contempt procedures against an executive branch official invoking executive privilege at the direction of the President could be viewed as frustrating the President’s ability to protect the confidentiality of his communications—a protection rooted in the separation of powers.(172) In general, executive privilege is an implied legal doctrine that permits the executive branch to “to resist disclosure of information the confidentiality of which [is] crucial to fulfillment of the unique role and responsibilities of the executive branch of our government.”(173)
Because past subpoena enforcement disputes between Congress and the executive branch have involved such assertions, it is necessary to outline briefly executive privilege’s general contours. The Supreme Court has only rarely addressed executive privilege, but its most significant explanation of the doctrine came in the unanimous opinion of United States v. Nixon.(174) Nixon involved the President’s assertion of executive privilege in refusing to comply with a criminal trial subpoena—issued upon the request of a special prosecutor—for electronic recordings of conversations he had in the Oval Office with White House advisers.(175) The Court’s opinion recognized an implied constitutional privilege protecting presidential communications, holding that the “privilege of confidentiality of presidential communications” is “fundamental to the operation of Government and inextricably rooted in the separation of powers.”(176) The justification underlying the privilege related to the integrity of presidential decision making, with the Court reasoning that the importance of protecting a President’s communications with his advisers was “too plain to require further discussion,” as “[h]uman experience teaches that those who expect public dissemination of their remarks may well temper candor with a concern for appearances and for their own interests to the detriment of the decision making process.”(177) Even so,the Court determined that when the President asserts only a “generalized interest” in the confidentiality of his communications,that interest must be weighed against the need for

disclosure in the given case.(178) In conducting that balancing, the Court held that the President’s “generalized” assertion of privilege “cannot prevail over the fundamental demands of due process of law in the fair administration of criminal justice,” and therefore“must yield to the demonstrated, specific need for evidence in a pending criminal trial.”(179) The Nixon opinion (180) established three key characteristics of executive privilege, at least as it relates to presidential communications. First, the Court expressly rejected the assertion that the privilege was absolute. Instead, the Court found the privilege to be qualified, requiring that it be assessed in a way that balances “competing interests” and “preserves the essential functions of each branch.”(181) Second, to protect the “public interest in candid, objective, and even blunt or harsh opinions in presidential decision making,” the Court viewed confidential presidential communications as “presumptively privileged.”(182) As a result, the Court appeared to suggest that some degree of deference is due to a President’s initial determination that certain information is protected by the privilege.(183) Moreover, the burden would appear to be on the party seeking the information to overcome that “presumption” through a strong showing of need for the information.(184) Third, the Court viewed the privilege as limited to communications made “‘in performance of [a President’s] responsibilities,’‘of his office,’ and made ‘in the process of shaping policies and making decisions. . . .’”(185) Thus, the privilege does not appear to apply to all presidential communications. "

(I added selected bold)

Pages 20-21: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45653.pdf

As you can see, the only reason the subpoenas were enforceable against Nixon was the fact that the subpoenas were issued in relation to a criminal trial, otherwise he would have been able to exercise his executive privilege to not comply with them. This is what I was arguing a while ago, but the peanut gallery here insisted on making some retarded argument about impeachment not being a criminal proceeding to distract from this documented precedent.

"In addition, the House has not provided the Committees' Ranking Members with the authority to issue subpoenas. The right of the minority to issue subpoenas-subject to the same rules as the majority-has been the standard, bipartisan practice in all recent resolutions authorizing presidential impeachment inquiries.11 The House's failure to provide co-equal subpoena power in this case ensures that any inquiry will be nothing more than a one-sided effort by House Democrats to gather information favorable to their views and to selectively release it as only they determine. The House's utter disregard for the established procedural safeguards followed in past impeachment inquiries shows that the current proceedings are nothing more than an unconstitutional exercise in political theater. "

Page 4: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PAC-Letter-10.08.2019.pdf

Didn't you just get done ridiculing me for "cherry picking" because I quoted you? Clearly they are explicitly saying they DO NOT have the constitutional authority to issue subpoenas without also providing that same authority to the minority via a vote to engage in an official impeachment investigation. Sure they can call a bag of rocks an "impeachment investigation", but in order for them to exercise the issuing of constitutional and legally enforceable subpoenas, a vote is in fact required.

"As if denying the President basic procedural protections were not enough, the Committees have also resorted to threats and intimidation against potential Executive Branch witnesses. Threats by the Committees against Executive Branch witnesses who assert common and longstanding rights destroy the integrity of the process and brazenly violate fundamental due process. In letters to State Department employees, the Committees have ominously threatened­ without any legal basis and before the Committees even issued a subpoena-that "[ a ]ny failure to appear" in response to a mere letter request for a deposition "shall constitute evidence of obstruction."12 Worse, the Committees have broadly threatened that if State Department officials attempt to insist upon the right for the Department to have an agency lawyer present at depositions to protect legitimate Executive Branch confidentiality interests-or apparently if they make any effort to protect those confidentiality interests at all-these officials will have their salaries withheld. 13"

You have severe reading comprehension problems in addition to your cherry picking. They are clearly stating that these letters were issued before any subpoenas were even produced. They are in no way validating the requests for information as actionable subpoenas.

Here you are literally just pulling a string of unsupported baseless assertions directly from your ass. Your cases don't apply because they are unrelated to impeachment and the adversarial legal situation between the executive and legislative branches. Essentially you are arguing a manager from McDonald's can write up a cashier at Burger King. It makes no sense. They are not even in  the same arenas. The precedent they address in this document is DIRECTLY addressing precedent set in past impeachment processes. They didn't have to invoke executive privilege because IT WASN'T AN ACTUAL SUBPOENA. They could have literally not even responded and they would have legally been able to do NOTHING about it, because it was nothing more than a request. No one is preventing Pelosi from calling a vote, so your argument that they aren't invoking executive privilege to prevent a vote is fucking retarded.

This was fun and all but you are kind of a moron and this is a waste of time because you don't have the capacity to understand anything I am presenting you. If anyone else thinks I am wrong and cares to continue on where Viper1 left off, feel free, and I will be happy to respond. Until then I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 12:25:23 AM

....They didn't have to invoke executive privilege because IT WASN'T AN ACTUAL SUBPOENA. ....

This has gone on far too long. Basically your position is correct, but I am not sure this minutea has relevance to anything in the real world.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 09:03:36 PM

"A Ukrainian court has found the collusion was by the DNC, NOT TRUMP. Judicial watch is gathering all the evidence."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qFRJfeFhs
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 10:25:05 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 07:47:22 AM by TECSHARE

"The Plundering of Ukraine by Corrupt American Democrats"

www.unz.com/ishamir/the-plundering-of-ukraine/

"Busted: Joe Biden Intervened To Help Hunter's Lobbying Efforts On Multiple Occasions"

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/busted-joe-biden-intervened-help-hunters-lobbying-efforts-multiple-occasions
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 04:38:15 AM

"Crony capitalism & Joe Biden’s brother"

https://nypost.com/2012/10/23/crony-capitalism-joe-bidens-brother/
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 8124

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 06:07:19 AM

Oh plenty will come of this, don't worry cupcake. Biden's legacy is over, and many other high level officials are going to face prosecution. You argue about meaningless peripheral issues all you like. The truth is coming out, and your butt is going to be so hurt you are going to suffer a prolapse from the sheer force of your head being yanked out of your ass when the news breaks.

This comment did not age well.

The only "high level official" facing "prosecution" over this is Donald Trump. According to you, an impeachment proceeding is a criminal trial, so this must be a prosecution, no?

When's that big truth bomb of yours coming out? Any day now, right?

I want to thank you for posting this thread. Had you not, I probably wouldn't have paid nearly as much attention to this issue. However, your posts kind of act as a reverse barometer of what is actually going on, so I knew when you posted this, the exact opposite was likely to be happening. And lo and behold, it is.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Viper1

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 06:19:56 AM

The only "high level official" facing "prosecution" over this is Donald Trump.
Given he just lost the appeal and it being unlikely the supreme court will hear the case over his tax returns given it was before he was in office, it should be very entertaining to see what gets uncovered when they dig into them. Not the first time he's been in trouble over taxes.

TwitchySeal
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 2047

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 06:26:10 AM

Given he just lost the appeal and it being unlikely the supreme court will hear the case over his tax returns given it was before he was in office, it should be very entertaining to see what gets uncovered when they dig into them. Not the first time he's been in trouble over taxes.

Is it unlikely?  I thought they would almost certainly hear it but haven't been following too closely.

Unless I'm thinking of a different case, I don't think we'll get to see them even if they are handed over since it's for a SDNY grand jury.  They would be public if he actually goes to trial, but that would be after he leaves office.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Viper1

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 07:16:58 AM

Is it unlikely?  I thought they would almost certainly hear it but haven't been following too closely.

Unless I'm thinking of a different case, I don't think we'll get to see them even if they are handed over since it's for a SDNY grand jury.  They would be public if he actually goes to trial, but that would be after he leaves office.
The appeals court heard it and ruled today he had to turn the taxes over. They're now going to try taking it to the supreme court but as far as I can tell their argument has been that because he's a sitting president he doesn't have to. Since this was for stuff before he was elected in, it's fair game so doubtful the supreme court will hear it unless maybe they come up with some new arguments.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 08:12:58 AM

Oh plenty will come of this, don't worry cupcake. Biden's legacy is over, and many other high level officials are going to face prosecution. You argue about meaningless peripheral issues all you like. The truth is coming out, and your butt is going to be so hurt you are going to suffer a prolapse from the sheer force of your head being yanked out of your ass when the news breaks.

This comment did not age well.
https://i.imgur.com/kvODND5.png

The only "high level official" facing "prosecution" over this is Donald Trump. According to you, an impeachment proceeding is a criminal trial, so this must be a prosecution, no?

When's that big truth bomb of yours coming out? Any day now, right?

I want to thank you for posting this thread. Had you not, I probably wouldn't have paid nearly as much attention to this issue. However, your posts kind of act as a reverse barometer of what is actually going on, so I knew when you posted this, the exact opposite was likely to be happening. And lo and behold, it is.

Polls, always with the polls. Polls are easily manipulated. It amazes me how many of you forgot all the polls with 90%+ saying Hillary was going to win already. Keep dreaming, the Democrats don't have anyone with a chance in hell of beating Trump.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 8124

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 08:16:11 AM

Polls, always with the polls. Polls are easily manipulated. It amazes me how many of you forgot all the polls with 90%+ saying Hillary was going to win already. Keep dreaming, the Democrats don't have anyone with a chance in hell of beating Trump.

The poll isn't about the general election, its about the primary election.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 08:19:29 AM

The poll isn't about the general election, its about the primary election.

Joe has to make it to the primary without springing a leak or molesting another child on camera first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: