Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:57:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DoubleCoin Launch - The Most Awkward Digital Currency... In the World  (Read 3268 times)
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:03:39 AM

heh . . . 2^50 * 2 - 0.00000001 = 11,258,999.07 BTC

By the time the last one is purchased, mr. satoshinakamoto here will own about 90% of all bitcoins in existence.   Roll Eyes
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
natoshisakamoto (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:04:48 AM

mortimer452 - The website has been updated in your honor! Hope you enjoy it.

cryptohunter - Haha, yes, that is one way that would be fun to see it play out! For now, my wife lets out a depressed sigh when she hears I've been working on "DoubleCoin," like I've lost my marbles and am wasting my time, so personally, I'd love to just have enough money on the kitchen table that she realizes that sometimes there is a small hidden grain of intelligence behind my crazy ideas. Nevermind millions, it would be pretty satisfying to have $200 in change on the table! She never even thought people would buy 1, much less 20.

Personally, I was expecting the early coins like #2 to be coveted, and more valuable than the later coins, (although I knew the "top coin" would always get the most attention), but I guess the current presentation of the site makes them look like they'll be totally forgotten as the higher coins are purchased.

But, I can change that, and will do so... It is an unfolding adventure, and I'd like to keep it interesting for everyone involved!
Mortimer452

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:08:57 AM

mortimer452 - The website has been updated in your honor! Hope you enjoy it.

cryptohunter - Haha, yes, that is one way that would be fun to see it play out! For now, my wife lets out a depressed sigh when she hears I've been working on "DoubleCoin," like I've lost my marbles and am wasting my time, so personally, I'd love to just have enough money on the kitchen table that she realizes that sometimes there is a small hidden grain of intelligence behind my crazy ideas. Nevermind millions, it would be pretty satisfying to have $200 in change on the table! She never even thought people would buy 1, much less 20.

Personally, I was expecting the early coins like #2 to be coveted, and more valuable than the later coins, (although I knew the "top coin" would always get the most attention), but I guess the current presentation of the site makes them look like they'll be totally forgotten as the higher coins are purchased.

But, I can change that, and will do so... It is an unfolding adventure, and I'd like to keep it interesting for everyone involved!

Thank you - but looks like you wrote Mortimer 472 on the website Smiley
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

Mortimer452 - Doh! I just fixed it though, by making the 7 look like a 5. I even made the 4 and the 2 look a bit thicker, so people can't tell what i did there to cover up the mistake. This is the kind of efficiency we are proud of at DoubleCoin.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw yet, but the DoubleCoin Vault has been compromised. You can see all the details below the header dedicated to  you.
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:42:45 AM

Cryptolemaik - Your suspicious are totally reasonable, but I can assure you I'm only controlling one account here... For all I know, everyone else could be one person, but I think it's different people.

What are you confused about?

Let me know how I can help clarify...
Mortimer452

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:43:27 AM

Mortimer452 - Doh! I just fixed it though, by making the 7 look like a 5. I even made the 4 and the 2 look a bit thicker, so people can't tell what i did there to cover up the mistake. This is the kind of efficiency we are proud of at DoubleCoin.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw yet, but the DoubleCoin Vault has been compromised. You can see all the details below the header dedicated to  you.

Thank you - although I do not see anything different when I view the page

I appreciate the transparency you are giving all of us regarding the disturbance of funds in the DoubleCoin vault.  Despite even the best measures taken, every security system has its weaknesses.  Hopefully you can learn from this experience and develop an even more secure vault for the future.
esnm

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:44:31 AM

I'm coming out of Lurk Mode to say thanks. Just as sinking profits and cynical pump-and-dump coins were starting to get me down, DoubleCoin restored my faith in cryptocurrencies.
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:08:54 AM

Mortimer452 - Hmm, maybe I didn't update the Wordpress page correctly. I'm still learning the ropes. Sadly, the next coin was purchased, so there's a new banner at the top of the page now. But, when I build the "banner archive" sometime this week, I'll make sure your banner is there with the correct number at the end of your handle!

Esnm - Thanks so much for the support! We just bought back some early coins from the person who bought the first 18 coins, so if you want you can buy a DoubleCoin for around a penny. Would be great to have you on board the DoubleCoin train (to nowhere in particular).

If you'd like to purchase one of the early coins (#3 - #10), since they've already been purchased once and therefore "activated", I've decided that an alternative way to claim one would be to submit a coin claim accompanied by a POK ("Proof of Kindness") which would be accomplished by posting to the DoubleCoin website (or here on the forum) any kind of media that proves that you did something nice for someone.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:56:19 PM

Mortimer452 - Hmm, maybe I didn't update the Wordpress page correctly. I'm still learning the ropes. Sadly, the next coin was purchased, so there's a new banner at the top of the page now. But, when I build the "banner archive" sometime this week, I'll make sure your banner is there with the correct number at the end of your handle!

Esnm - Thanks so much for the support! We just bought back some early coins from the person who bought the first 18 coins, so if you want you can buy a DoubleCoin for around a penny. Would be great to have you on board the DoubleCoin train (to nowhere in particular).

If you'd like to purchase one of the early coins (#3 - #10), since they've already been purchased once and therefore "activated", I've decided that an alternative way to claim one would be to submit a coin claim accompanied by a POK ("Proof of Kindness") which would be accomplished by posting to the DoubleCoin website (or here on the forum) any kind of media that proves that you did something nice for someone.

thats a good idea.... actually the guy that bough 1-19 sounds quite cool. His place in double coin history is set in stone now Smiley

I wonder how high it will go?

i mean right now it should be at the very top of coin market cap... i mean you have premined them all and giving them out. So the 50 full minting has taken place. According the average pricing of the coins.... double coin should be number 1 Smiley

natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

cryptohunter -

Hehe... That's a good point regarding market cap!

Currently, I was thinking of each coin as not really coming into existence until it was purchased. Because, it's like that coin doesn't really become "real" until the market has shown that someone is willing to pay that much for it. But, it's an interesting angle to see them all as mined, with an insane market cap.

I just added a poll to the website to see how far people will think it will go, along with a few new blog posts with new rules and other thoughts. It will be interesting to see how far people tend to think it will go. So far there seem to be two camps.. Camp 1: "This won't go anywhere" (i.e., my wife), and Camp 2: Who knows, but it's fun to watch and see.

For now, I'm taking the "it's all about the next game" that athletes use when you ask them about whether they are going to win the World Series or the Superbowl this year.

So I don't think at all about whether those big coins will ever sell... "It's all about the next coin!"

I'm already totally thrilled that a few nice people are involved and enjoying it, so as far as I'm concerned, it's already gone to the moon, and the rest is gravy Smiley

And it's a nice built-in filter that DoubleCoin is something that no self-respecting pessimist would ever touch with a ten foot pole, so it's turning into a fun group of coin owners.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

so which coins are left and whats the price?
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:05:13 PM

I'm in.  Please Pm with purchase details.  Will send btc as soon as I hear back
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:53:20 PM

I'd like to purchase one of the lower position coins, but I can't workout which is next. Is it OK if I just join the queue now, and then see which ones are left when I get to the front?

natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:32:55 AM

Dear Stinky_Pete, dbt1033, and tylerderden,

Very excited to hear you guys are interested!

All the details are available at http://exponentialsatoshis.wordpress.com/

But here's the lowdown on what coins are currently available...

The "next coin" in the series is coin DoubleCoin #21, which is .02097152 BTC, so you could buy that one by announcing that you are claiming it, and sending to:

1MEmHp8hRmG3F962N6xPWqhe1J4e5ZuUEe

If you buy that one, you'll own the "top coin" and the website banner gets dedicated to you, which any image you want.

But also, we recently did a coin "buy back" of coins #2 through #10, because so many of the early coins were all owned by the same person, and we wanted to have a wider base of ownership. Of those coins, #7 has been purchased, but the rest are available.

There are two ways to purchase one of those early coins:

1. Announce which coin you want and send the price of whatever the current "next coin" is to finalize the purchase, (Currently the amount is .02097152 BTC, but it doubles each time a "next coin" is purchased.) The proceeds will go into a DoubleCoin "Pay it Forward Fund" (which is totally separate from the DoubleCoin Vault of coins which doubles every time a new "Next Coin" is purchased).

2. Announce which coin you want, and submit proof of some kind deed you have done to make the world a better place, and submit some nominal BTC sum to the DoubleCoin "Pay it Forward Fund", the amount of which is totally up to you, all the way down to a penny.

The DoubleCoin "Pay it Forward Fund" is used for random acts of kindness and charity purposes.

For example, with the proceeds of the BTC from the sale of coin #7 to Pontifier, I bought a homeless man a hot chocolate today and recorded a quick audio clip of handing it off to him, so Pontifier could know that his money was actually paid forward: http://picosong.com/e4K5
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:58:38 AM

To be more clear, here is the full list of available coins, and their current prices:

Current NC (Next Coin)

D#22 - .02097152 BTC.

Available ECs (Early Coins)

D#3
D#4
D#5
D#6
D#8
D#9
D#10

The price of these coins is set to match the price of the current "Next Coin," and the proceeds go into the DC "Pay it Forward Fund." So every time a new NC is purchased, the price of these ECs doubles also.

Alternatively, these Early Coins can be purchased by posting a POK (proof of an act of kindness) along with a BTC amount of your choice, which also goes into the DC "Pay it Forward Fund." So, anyone willing to do something nice, and post something that shows they did it, can have an Early Coin for as little as a Satoshi if they want.

Lastly, you are always welcome to try and buy a coin from one of the current owners of the other coins. Many of them were purchased for next to nothing, so you might be able to get a good deal from one of them, though you would have to go through a negotiation process, so that isn't the fastest way to get on board.

I understand this still might be unclear, so definitely feel free to ask any questions, or raise any issues & concerns you may have.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:44:26 PM

So D#3 would now cost 0.02097152 BTC ?

samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:09:39 PM

hmm,  so moon,  such far   Shocked
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

Hi Stinky_Pete,

Exactly... if you want to claim coin #3 with pure BTC, it would cost 0.02097152 as long as coin #22 hasn't sold yet.

Alternatively, you could claim it via POK (proof of kindness) + BTC donation, where you post online proof of some act of kindness, and then send any amount of BTC you want.

So, you could buy someone flowers, or text a friend a nice complement, or whatever you want, and provide any kind of proof you want, and then send any amount of BTC whatsoever, from 1 satoshi up.

The point of these early coins was to broaden the base of DoubleCoin Ownership, so the POK + Donation option allows people who are short on BTC to still participate by doing a small act of kindness. Kindness is worth more than money anyway Smiley

The address is: 1MEmHp8hRmG3F962N6xPWqhe1J4e5ZuUEe

Let me know if you have any more questions...

natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

One of the current DoubleCoin rules is that the "top coin" owner gets to control the top banner on the website, and put whatever image they want there.

But people have pointed out that that kind of leaves the other coin owners with almost no attention, and so dramatically less value compared to that top coin.

What do you guys think of making it so that every coin owner gets to submit one banner image, and the top banner cycles through them?

And then maybe the top coin owner gets extra time during the image cycle, and has some special flair to set them apart from the earlier coin owners?
natoshisakamoto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:31:57 AM

I'm hitting the hay, but please let me know soon if you guys would like to claim a coin for yourselves, because I'd like to get all the early coins claimed so we can get back to the "next coin" being the only one available for purchase.

So I might try and sell a few of the remaining early coins to my friends tomorrow, if no one here wants to buy any, and if that's considered ethically okay with everyone.

Let me know if there's any reason why I shouldn't sell them to my friends at the current going rate, for some moral reason that I might be missing. I know people have expressed concerns that this is some kind of scam, so I'd like all my decisions to be "above board" and kosher with the community.

Cheers,
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: