Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 3 release countdown  (Read 5594 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

He is on paper but he's not responded to the teams emails in months and months. As I said, the only people left (and running this company now) are the engineers, with little money. Yifu ran off to to work with the government about anonymity and took the millions with him.

He is the founder but he isn't the only owner.

Do you have some insider information?  You are the OP and seemed to have some vested interested in this?

I am not so sure Yifu not responding to emails is really proof that he is no longer associated with Avalon.  It wasn't that long ago when he seemed to disappear from the face of this earth and not responding to any IM, email, forum posts for months while everybody is waiting for the B3 chips/miners.  He was associated with Avalon at that time, No?  So what's so different now when you don't see or hear from him?  If anything else, it is typical Yifu behavior.  It doesn't prove that he is not associated with Avalon and making money off new Avalon chips that I hope nobody is buying when there are so many more options available now.

When I set out the conditions for promotion or demotion for companies in my manufacturer trustworthiness thread (see sig), I tell them. I tell them exactly what the community (as an average) feels about them, on going problems, what is required for the problem to be solved. In the case of Avalon it was the trade ins (never sorted) and the bad performance on B3. They can't solve B3 now, it happened.

The other part of it was that Yifu was the figurehead/scapegoat/ringleader, whatever you want to refer to him as. But he's not there any more, he took large amounts of money (or the control of money) yet the engineers left behind are getting HIS flak.

IIRC Yifu went AFK between B2 and B3 because he was just about starting this government work and he never checked the forums. Have a look at his profile on here, he's not been around for months and months and months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCBuyer

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:45:14 AM

He is on paper but he's not responded to the teams emails in months and months. As I said, the only people left (and running this company now) are the engineers, with little money. Yifu ran off to to work with the government about anonymity and took the millions with him.

Do you have some insider information?  You are the OP and seemed to have some vested interested in this?

I am not so sure Yifu not responding to emails is really proof that he is no longer associated with Avalon.  It wasn't that long ago when he seemed to disappear from the face of this earth and not responding to any IM, email, forum posts for months while everybody is waiting for the B3 chips/miners.  He was associated with Avalon at that time, No?  So what's so different now when you don't see or hear from him?  If anything else, it is typical Yifu behavior.  It doesn't prove that he is not associated with Avalon and making money off new Avalon chips that I hope nobody is buying when there are so many more options available now.

When I set out the conditions for promotion or demotion for companies in my manufacturer trustworthiness thread (see sig), I tell them. I tell them exactly what the community (as an average) feels about them, on going problems, what is required for the problem to be solved. In the case of Avalon it was the trade ins (never sorted) and the bad performance on B3. They can't solve B3 now, it happened.

The other part of it was that Yifu was the figurehead/scapegoat/ringleader, whatever you want to refer to him as. But he's not there any more, he took large amounts of money (or the control of money) yet the engineers left behind are getting HIS flak.

IIRC Yifu went AFK between B2 and B3 because he was just about starting this government work and he never checked the forums. Have a look at his profile on here, he's not been around for months and months and months.

Lets all take a freaking moment and think about why he should even fix any of your problems. You guys go on and on, whining about how he "fucked you over" on purpose, and never said anything grateful because you're all greedy bastards who can only think of yourselves and not what people have done for the community. If he really wanted to screw his customers over he would just take all the money and never refund anything. He has REFUNDED TONS of people, in BTC while the BTC increased in value! I think he did what he can to do good for his customers and the community. 1 Year ago you would all be sucking his C**K for a miner, and now all you can do is talk crap. Show some gratitude and maybe something awesome will happen. Ya B*tches.
Kartaiv

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

Lets all take a freaking moment and think about why he should even fix any of your problems. You guys go on and on, whining about how he "fucked you over" on purpose, and never said anything grateful because you're all greedy bastards who can only think of yourselves and not what people have done for the community. If he really wanted to screw his customers over he would just take all the money and never refund anything. He has REFUNDED TONS of people, in BTC while the BTC increased in value! I think he did what he can to do good for his customers and the community. 1 Year ago you would all be sucking his C**K for a miner, and now all you can do is talk crap. Show some gratitude and maybe something awesome will happen. Ya B*tches.

He knew they fucked people over. His last post promised compensation for trade in and chip buyers and they still haven't done anything.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:25:11 AM

He knew they fucked people over. His last post promised compensation for trade in and chip buyers and they still haven't done anything.

Why would chip buyers receive anything? They were offered FULL refunds regardless if their order was late or not, its not Avalon's fault if people gambled and got it wrong.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:54:01 AM

Why would chip buyers receive anything? They were offered FULL refunds regardless if their order was late or not, its not Avalon's fault if people gambled and got it wrong.

Seems like you are re-writing history.  They went from a company that was reliable and shipping to one that instead mined with customer gear.

Customers where not 'gambling', they were making a purchase with a promised date.  Customers were lied to. 

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:30:12 AM

Right now there is a huge mining operation in china that is mining a majority of the Bitcoins right now.
http://fiatleak.com/
It is most likely most of the manufactures we buy from mining until just before the units are out of ROI.
Then they send it out to pre sales and get their next gen mining.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:06:36 AM

(~350 BTC lost just from my group buy only... no telling how much BTC was lost by all Batch 3 Avalon buyers. The number would probably be staggering.)

Ye if only they had offered a full BTC refund to those who wanted out, if only  Roll Eyes

They gave the choice between a limited time to claim a full BTC refund or taking delivery, with the understanding delivery would be swift. It was not, it took until the 2nd week of August for my B3 miner to arrive, by then the most valuable time had past. A BTC 102 machine that has only been able to mine BTC 59.18 up to today.

But let's not forget the mistreatment of the FPGA trade-ins, many people sent back (at sometimes great expense) their boards to China, but they never got a reduction on their Avalon orders. So they lost their initial hardware, could no longer mine with it, had to pay shipping and got ripped off.

Yifu basically ignored all of the complaints and keeps behaving like a rockstar. He made enough BTC to feel like a rockstar too. But seems to be unable to master running a company, dealing with customers and logistics.

Does that sound like a company one should do business with?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

On Yifu's defense, He did offer a FULL REFUND to everyone who ordered Avalon Chips. At that time each 782BTC order was worth atleast 100k. If he really was a scammer he would've kept that but he didn't, you need to watch what you say and flame somewhere else.

I'm sure all those people who had already prepared their PCBs and bought hardware to complete large batches of miners are very happy with Yifu's lack of organizing talent. Not to mention some batches of chips ended up in China in the hands of some shady resellers instead of the customers who paid for them
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:34:13 PM

is ngzhang still working for avalon?
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:26:00 PM

yes
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:40:18 AM

yes

what an awesome response.

how about YOU, instead of 'dogie' offering some facts as to the actual situation regarding your business partner/company??

i am for one disgusted by avalons past performance and random posters coming out with 'show some gratitude & great things might happen' is just pathetic.

were all avalon staff disabled with awe/fear when 'BitSynCon' was lying and mining with our gear?

one word answers dont really help much.

and you can keep your stinking miners, tyvm

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:02:03 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 02:42:31 PM by Bicknellski

Avalon has moved to an in stock only model now, and Yifu isn't a part of the team any more. The people who are left are the engineers who made the magic happen back in 2013 and do NOT have money. Yifu walked away with it, yet the engineers trying to run a real business get the flak from his actions.

All deference to the new look of Avalon. How about they come clean about what went on. Apologize to the community in no uncertain terms then we can start talking about trust and getting all warm and fuzzy again about their business model of instock shipping right?

I think the community is owed a reasonable explanation of what the hell happened to the Batch 3 and the chips and how the removal of Yifu has rectified that from ever happening again. Yes I am still bitter over the millions people lost in the chip fiasco some good EE's and DIY teams were taken out of circulation due to Avalon. BuzzDave had to prove through actions to rehab his reputation but he also came CLEAN with his participation in the BAsic failure. We have yet to see that from Avalon or any Avalon spokesmen.

We all know people who purchased parts for miners in good faith that Avalon was going to deliver chips on time. They didn't and millions were lost. What has Avalon done since that event to garner trust from this community? That is where many people are at this point and it is really up to Avalon to state why this happened and how it will never happen again. Till then I think it is very prudent to steer clear of Avalon and that comes from personal experience as an Avalon chip buyer who did get a full refund and was very lucky not to have ordered parts for miners but it was darn close. Still no reasonable explanation has been made for the lack of communication to all the emails we sent requesting information on our orders. Have they solved that problem? Will they be more responsive? Or are we going to get the same sort of customer service experience this time? How have they changed?

Here is a perfect opportunity to answer all these questions and state their case. Let us see what they do. I am willing to remove my negative trust rating on ngzhang if we see some answers and then give them the benefit of the doubt moving forward. I'd hope that Ngzhang or someone else actually on the Avalon payroll could do that so that we have them on record and can save their statement for posterity.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:34:33 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 04:21:59 PM by loshia

Bick,
Comrades took the money is that hard to understand it was beyond NG.
Does this makes any senesce to you?
how do  you think 23 year old boy born in China was able to travel  FREELY to US and back. he was coming from nowhere and he just discovered a bit coin blog a yea ago. And he was their sales manager? How do you think is possible yufu to live in the states and be able to go back to china? He is a comrade child  for sure no other way
This things are not happening by accident
If Avalon  chip price is good it does not really matter if you will consider avalon gen 3 chips or not. Let us say you consider them by accident. You know next year board design release for avalon gen 3 is not gona work Grin next year gen 3 chips will be history along with your project dude Grin i do strongly suggest to start reconsidering and do things faster before time kills your project. your team members can work for free but it will not last long Grin oh I forgot apart of the skills required to be part of your team people are paying fee for the owner to work for free Grin
Besides avalon has it all and it is free. Everyone can assemble miners with the info available without any license fees Grin
If the chip price is not competitive then avalon is lost. This is called a business.
I can assure you that NG is a honest person. But in china if you wanna live you have to pay the price.
Whatever happened it was not his fault and he was not able to do anything to change it.
Will it brig back all lost money to community?
no of course. But as I said there are no rules sometimes even in business.....
And who cares if you gona remove your negative ranting on NG? You got your refund fro avalon right?
Who are you? what have you done and why you feel your negative rating is so important for NG for me and probably others. as I said get back to your projects. I Have been reading the summary of your famous meetings lately. My feeling is that nothing moves forward with your projects. So get your ass back to work and carefully plan next meeting bulshit  Grin
If you are able to take some money from  Zipkin AMT and make him part of your team that would be great. He has so much know how to share Grin just make sure there is enough duct tape around

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

To sum it up: Never ever buy from Avalon!Scumbag Yifu scammed the community and the rest of Avalon was clueless about that??? No way!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

It seems that there are a lot of big buyers in China if they are still in the market.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:12:54 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 07:33:34 PM by loshia

It seems that there are a lot of big buyers in China if they are still in the market.
Of course they are if chip price is good they will buy if not they will pass no matter if Bick will remove his negative rating or will consider eventually next year to come up with board for gen 3 Grin eventually  Grin Grin
However I am damn sure that if NG sends him 1K free chips just for motivation the negative rating will be removed immediately. However I am not sure if design will be ready by the end of the year Grin
Who gives a fuck anyway Grin if Bick rating is positive or negative  Grin he is acting like Avalon business is on his Mersey. ridiculous  Grin 

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:35:27 PM

Of course they are if chip price is good they will buy if not they will pass no matter if Bick will remove his negative rating or will consider eventually next year to come up with board for gen 3 Grin eventually  Grin Grin
However I am damn sure that if NG sends him 1K free chips just for motivation the negative rating will be removed immediately. However I am not sure if design will be ready by the end of the year Grin
Who gives a fuck anyway Grin if Bick rating is positive or negative  Grin he is acting like Avalon business is on his Mersey. ridiculous  Grin 

Well to his credit he doesn't just act like that towards Avalon, he's also quite vocal when it comes to BFL, even if he's never successfully managed a project through the entire engineering design cycle himself.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:45:10 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:03:33 AM by Bicknellski

Loshia is on my ignore for a reason and we will leave it at that. He has little of interest to add to my motives for being pissed off at Avalon.

I stand by my statement and as a former customer of Avalon if they want to rehab their rep in this community they might want to start again with an explanation and an apology. I doubt that will happen but let us see what they say. Unlike others I would not and have not used Avalon chips because of the damage it has caused so many good engineers. Removing a negative trust rating for Ngzhang is dependant on his actions with regards to coming clean to the community and making amends. That is the least they could do given the millions lost and has absolutely nothing to do with me personally but has to do with the fact I was also WRONGED as a customer and it almost cost our group 160,000 USD in losses. You won't see me lining up for Avalon, Hash Fast or BFL chips free or not as I would avoid them at all costs and have avoided them at all costs because ethically it is the right thing to do.

Now Loshia... he doesn't seem to mind dealing with people that are ethically challenged as a early and ardent supporter of BFL and more recent support of others who have questionable records in dealing with customers he should watch throwing stones in the glass house he lives in.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Glizlack

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:22:35 AM

As somebody relatively new to bitcoin mining and the entire bitcoin community I find it hard to believe so many people fall for pre-buy scams over and over again.

That would suggest to me that if you pre-buy and get the right company that delivers on time there is a lot of btc to be made ?

In closing it seems obvious to me that greed gets the best of many of us including myself with Black Arrow Smiley.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:09:58 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:21:20 PM by loshia

Loshia is on my ignore for a reason and we will leave it at that. He has little of interest to add to my motives for being pissed off at Avalon.

I stand by my statement and as a former customer of Avalon if they want to rehab their rep in this community they might want to start again with an explanation and an apology. I doubt that will happen but let us see what they say. Unlike others I would not and have not used Avalon chips because of the damage it has caused so many good engineers. Removing a negative trust rating for Ngzhang is dependant on his actions with regards to coming clean to the community and making amends. That is the least they could do given the millions lost and has absolutely nothing to do with me personally but has to do with the fact I was also WRONGED as a customer and it almost cost our group 160,000 USD in losses. You won't see me lining up for Avalon, Hash Fast or BFL chips free or not as I would avoid them at all costs and have avoided them at all costs because ethically it is the right thing to do.

Now Loshia... he doesn't seem to mind dealing with people that are ethically challenged as a early and ardent supporter of BFL and more recent support of others who have questionable records in dealing with customers he should watch throwing stones in the glass house he lives in.
1. Why you read my posts as long as I am in yor ignore list? Funny a?
2. You can read my posts abut BFL then. I am too tired to look for them now. In short I said many times that Bfl are zero and a proxy between china and US. speaking of dealing with ethically challenged persons I am wondering what is the status of your cooperation with Zipkin and AMT. they are most ethical and honest company right now with rating beating BFL Grin
3. I am happy with my glass house and it will not brake. I am wondering how long will you be able to pump the ballon  of your project asking people to work for free and pay membership fee as a bonus Grin  My admirations ....that is a brilliant idea bick Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: