Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:26:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion of Peace? Why Religion At All  (Read 841 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 08:06:48 PM

^^^ Nobody can be good enough to get into Heaven. That's why God decided on another way. First, He had His Son Jesus (the only one strong enough) maintain righteousness throughout His life. Then He had His righteous Son take the punishment and die for all the sins of all mankind. Then He had Jesus rise from the dead, and gave Jesus the authority for all the universe.

Why did God do this? So all that people have to do is to believe that Jesus did this, and then accept the Jesus-salvation held out to them. But, when a person continually sins intentionally, does he really believe in Jesus-salvation? But if he really believes, how long can he maintain his faith and still intentionally sin?

Believe in Jesus-salvation, the only thing that can save you. Then, stop intentional sinning, the thing that destroys your faith in Jesus-salvation.

Cool

Jesus isn’t god’s son.
He is a Jew whose mother claimed that she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

And as the saying says : once a Jew, always a Jew.

Except for the miracles that Jesus did, and still does through the Holy Spirit. These prove that Jesus is the Son of God, because nobody else has done such an abundance of great miracles as Jesus has done.

Cool

Please reference some of these miracles. Preferably, miracles that occurred after the advent of photography and actual data recording.

Can you pick one in the last 20 years then provide evidence of divine intervention?

I'm not going to reference them directly, but if you want to find them, all you need to do is look for the miraculous healings that are done in churches, and in the medical. You can do various Internet searches to find this for yourself.

In the medical, often people get well for no reason that the doctors can put their finger on at all. In fact, some of these miracles stun and amaze doctors.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 10:11:05 PM

yes, that right , because religion can make some confilct, because religion people can hate each other,because religion,people can feel arrogant.
i still have no idea why people using religion for satisfy worldly passions.
basicaly, religion exists for create a peace,as time goes by,a handful of people, let's say the higher-ups in certain associations,began to abuse his leadership.
I don't care what religion is, all same to me, i mean all people who feel themselves holy and look down on sinners like me.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 11:45:15 PM

yes, that right , because religion can make some confilct, because religion people can hate each other,because religion,people can feel arrogant.
basicaly, religion exists for create a peace,as time goes by,a handful of people, let's say the higher-ups in certain associations,began to abuse his leadership.
I don't care what religion is, all same to me, i mean all people who feel themselves holy and look down on sinners like me.

If you have Jesus-salvation, be humble. And stop being a sinner as much as you can. Boast in Jesus rather than yourself. Muslims fail just like Christians. But they don't have any Savior to boast in.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:15:12 AM

The left doesn't protect "Islam" or "Christianity" as in their core values. And I'm with the left on this.

LGBT rights, freedom of expression of religion, being an atheist (free from any religion) etc are the values promoted and supported which might go against the core tenants of the most populous religions in the world.

The left supports any religion or people of that religion only when anyone is discriminated because of their belief. Other than that I don't see it supporting the values of any religion or the core beliefs or an eternal hell to barbeque people's ass or a eternal heaven filled with eternal bliss etc etc
btcdie

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:44:55 PM

Everyone in this world looking for their own benefits so they are hiding under the religious thing,in my places Muslims and all other religious people were living in peace so why we see Islam as good but some Muslims are bad.We cannot oppose everyone just because of 10% doing the things in wrong way.

Islam bad; Muslim hypocrite.

Islam tell Muslim kill other people - https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx. Islam bad.

Muslim hypocrite. Muslim say Islam good, but not obey Islam; not kill other people. Muslim want peace. Muslim not want Islam violence. Muslim not good Islam person. Muslim hypocrite.

ISIS good Muslim. ISIS obey Islam. ISIS do violence like Islam say to do.

Cool
in fact all religious goals teach goodness and peace. any religion never teaches barbarity, it's just that humans involve religion to commit barbarity.

ISIS is a terrorist, radical Islam and in my opinion the beginning of ISIS was formed not from Islamic religion, but there is a group that wants to expel Islam. You do not consider Islam as a religion of violence, Islam is broad and has many sects / groups.

in Asian countries, it is agreed that ISIS is a terrorist and must be opposed. As an example in Indonesia, don't try to save the ISIS flag, then you will be arrested and processed according to the law.

Terrorist : Islam people + Non Islam people

ISIS : From US to make some bad thing about Islam

I am a Muslim and I never taught about we need to kill someone,Islam is peace not violence...
I agree with you, I'm sure you know the real Islam.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 03:11:36 PM

Everyone in this world looking for their own benefits so they are hiding under the religious thing,in my places Muslims and all other religious people were living in peace so why we see Islam as good but some Muslims are bad.We cannot oppose everyone just because of 10% doing the things in wrong way.

Islam tell Muslim kill other people - https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx. Islam bad.

Muslim hypocrite. Muslim say Islam good, but not obey Islam; not kill other people. Muslim want peace. Muslim not want Islam violence. Muslim not good Islam person. Muslim hypocrite.

Cool
in fact all religious goals teach goodness and peace. any religion never teaches barbarity, it's just that humans involve religion to commit barbarity.

ISIS is a terrorist, radical Islam and in my opinion the beginning of ISIS was formed not from Islamic religion, but there is a group that wants to expel Islam. You do not consider Islam as a religion of violence, Islam is broad and has many sects / groups.

in Asian countries, it is agreed that ISIS is a terrorist and must be opposed. As an example in Indonesia, don't try to save the ISIS flag, then you will be arrested and processed according to the law.

I am a Muslim and I never taught about we need to kill someone,Islam is peace not violence...

The point is this regarding Islam. Is Islam what the vast mass of Muslims say that it is? Or is Islam what the Koran and Hadiths say that it is?

If every Muslim is his own authority regarding what Islam is, then Islam is an entirely broken religion. Why? Because every Muslim thinks about his religion at least slightly differently than all other Muslims. But mostly because there are many factions of Islam that say that Islam is something different than all the others.

If every Muslim is his own authority, but fundamentally says that he bows to what the Koran and Hadiths say, then why don't Muslims obey the Koran all the way like ISIS attempts to do? How is ISIS attempting to obey the Koran all the way? Here's how:

The Koran and Hadiths say 3 basic things for Muslims to do:
1. Obey the Koran and Hadiths, and live in peace with all other Muslims;
2. Live in peace with the infidels while trying to convert them to Islam. This may take some time;
3. If infidels won't turn to Islam, ultimately destroy them. How much time to give them? This is a judgmental thing. The Koran and Hadiths prescribe the time limits and the circumstances for Muslims to make their move.

Does Islam call for violence? In the Koran and Hadiths it does. See http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

So, what is a Muslim? Someone who picks and chooses what he will believe about Islam? Or someone who does the things that the Koran says as listed 1, 2, 3, above? A Muslim can't do what the Koran says if he doesn't know what the Koran says. A peaceful Muslim isn't doing the violence that the Koran calls for. But ISIS is... peaceful to other faithful Muslims, but violence to non-violent Muslims who won't destroy the people of other religions like ISIS is doing.

If you are a peaceful Muslim who won't destroy people of other religions, you are at best a very weak Muslim. Why? Because you aren't following the basics of Islam as written in the Koran and Hadiths.

Cool

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1008

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:02:07 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2019, 05:48:02 PM by agustina2

Please reference some of these miracles. Preferably, miracles that occurred after the advent of photography and actual data recording.

Can you pick one in the last 20 years then provide evidence of divine intervention?

I'm not going to reference them directly, but if you want to find them, all you need to do is look for the miraculous healings that are done in churches, and in the medical. You can do various Internet searches to find this for yourself.

In the medical, often people get well for no reason that the doctors can put their finger on at all. In fact, some of these miracles stun and amaze doctors.

Cool

It's hard to cite every reference and testimonies about this. It's too many to mention!

Miracles happen every day. Just the fact that you wake up every single morning is even considered as a miracle. It will be really difficult for a person to believe if he or she doesn't have any personal encounter at all or don't have faith with the Maker of miracles. So believe in Jesus first, then it will not be so hard for you to recognize the miracles that are happening every single day in this world.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
btcdie

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 01:49:29 AM

Cool

The point is this regarding Islam. Is Islam what the vast mass of Muslims say that it is? Or is Islam what the Koran and Hadiths say that it is?

If every Muslim is his own authority regarding what Islam is, then Islam is an entirely broken religion. Why? Because every Muslim thinks about his religion at least slightly differently than all other Muslims. But mostly because there are many factions of Islam that say that Islam is something different than all the others.

If every Muslim is his own authority, but fundamentally says that he bows to what the Koran and Hadiths say, then why don't Muslims obey the Koran all the way like ISIS attempts to do? How is ISIS attempting to obey the Koran all the way? Here's how:

2. Live in peace with the infidels while trying to convert them to Islam. This may take some time;
3. If infidels won't turn to Islam, ultimately destroy them. How much time to give them? This is a judgmental thing. The Koran and Hadiths prescribe the time limits and the circumstances for Muslims to make their move.

Does Islam call for violence? In the Koran and Hadiths it does. See http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

So, what is a Muslim? Someone who picks and chooses what he will believe about Islam? Or someone who does the things that the Koran says as listed 1, 2, 3, above? A Muslim can't do what the Koran says if he doesn't know what the Koran says. A peaceful Muslim isn't doing the violence that the Koran calls for. But ISIS is... peaceful to other faithful Muslims, but violence to non-violent Muslims who won't destroy the people of other religions like ISIS is doing.

If you are a peaceful Muslim who won't destroy people of other religions, you are at best a very weak Muslim. Why? Because you aren't following the basics of Islam as written in the Koran and Hadiths.

Cool

between the two. namely Islam that is said by the Koran & Hadith, Islam is also as said by most Muslims namely (Ulama: religious leaders or religious leaders whose task is to protect, foster and guide Muslims both in matters of religious maupum daily problems that are needed both in terms of religious and social)

You are wrong to say that Islamic law is only the Qur'an and Hadith.

In Islamic law there are 4 namely:
1. Al-quran (the most important and irreversible source of Islamic law, al-quran separates between right and wrong)
2. Hadith (the second source of Islamic law after Al-Qur'an. Hadith is all forms of behavior of the Prophet Muhammad SAW, both in the words, deeds, and
    decrees of the Prophet)
3. Ijma '(a legal agreement taken from the Fatwa or deliberation of the Ulama about a case that is not found in the Qur'an or hadith law. But the
    reference must be in the Qur'an and Hadith. Ijma' at the present time taken from the decisions of Islamic scholars.
4. Qiyash (is explaining the law of something that is not in the Qur'an and hadith by comparing it to something determined based on the Qur'an and
    Hadith)

Language in the Qur'an is complicated, it needs interpretation by someone who is an expert in the fields of religion and language. imagine 1 word even 1 letter in the quran has millions of meanings. The interpretation of the Qur'an as you say 1, 2, 3, is wrong. If a Muslim does the 3 things above, then what happens? ,, yes, I say war. this world will be destroyed if Muslims do the 3 things above.

as said by a hadith:
"Know that the people before you from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) are divided into 72 groups, and in fact this ummah (Islam) will split into 73 groups, (as for) seventy-two will enter Hell and one group will enter Paradise, which is "al-Jama'ah."

the ulema and other extremist groups agreed that, ISIS as (khawarij) adherents, namely the concept of paganism of people outside the understanding embraced by certain groups. One of the evidence that strengthens the allegations of ISIS as adherents of the khawarij is that it is easy to disbelieve other parties indiscriminately. For ISIS, justifying the blood of those who are against it is the right thing, even if the opponent is Muslim. No wonder why ISIS is so easy to execute people outside of its group.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 02:40:07 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2019, 04:15:17 AM by af_newbie

Cool

Cool

between the two. namely Islam that is said by the Koran & Hadith, Islam is also as said by most Muslims namely (Ulama: religious leaders or religious leaders whose task is to protect, foster and guide Muslims both in matters of religious maupum daily problems that are needed both in terms of religious and social)

You are wrong to say that Islamic law is only the Qur'an and Hadith.

In Islamic law there are 4 namely:
1. Al-quran (the most important and irreversible source of Islamic law, al-quran separates between right and wrong)
2. Hadith (the second source of Islamic law after Al-Qur'an. Hadith is all forms of behavior of the Prophet Muhammad SAW, both in the words, deeds, and
    decrees of the Prophet)
3. Ijma '(a legal agreement taken from the Fatwa or deliberation of the Ulama about a case that is not found in the Qur'an or hadith law. But the
    reference must be in the Qur'an and Hadith. Ijma' at the present time taken from the decisions of Islamic scholars.
4. Qiyash (is explaining the law of something that is not in the Qur'an and hadith by comparing it to something determined based on the Qur'an and
    Hadith)

Language in the Qur'an is complicated, it needs interpretation by someone who is an expert in the fields of religion and language. imagine 1 word even 1 letter in the quran has millions of meanings. The interpretation of the Qur'an as you say 1, 2, 3, is wrong. If a Muslim does the 3 things above, then what happens? ,, yes, I say war. this world will be destroyed if Muslims do the 3 things above.

as said by a hadith:
"Know that the people before you from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) are divided into 72 groups, and in fact this ummah (Islam) will split into 73 groups, (as for) seventy-two will enter Hell and one group will enter Paradise, which is "al-Jama'ah."

the ulema and other extremist groups agreed that, ISIS as (khawarij) adherents, namely the concept of paganism of people outside the understanding embraced by certain groups. One of the evidence that strengthens the allegations of ISIS as adherents of the khawarij is that it is easy to disbelieve other parties indiscriminately. For ISIS, justifying the blood of those who are against it is the right thing, even if the opponent is Muslim. No wonder why ISIS is so easy to execute people outside of its group.

The Quran and the wisdom it contains should be dismissed outright by any person living in the 21st century.  With no exceptions.

It is a collection of nonsensical 'sayings' collected and written by some military commanders daydreaming about conquering the world and subjugating all conquered peoples.  Scientific nonsense, full of contradictions.

I have no idea why anyone would pay any attention to this book.  If you want to read something interesting start with

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1.Best_Books_Ever

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 07:03:53 PM

It's easy in today's world to blame Islam of backwards savagery against women, children, etc. Yet this is still protected by the left?

Why? When at the same time Christianity is under attack in the modern political and social climate. Other than the obvious propagation of pedophilia by the Catholic church, Christians' rape and pillaging days are over for the most part.

Other than instinctual human greed, religion has caused more conflict in human history than anything else. Why do we still need it? Are there any merits left?

I understand a common argument here may be that it instills fear in common folk and helps to provide them a reason to behave but we shouldn't need the fear of deities smiting us to act as a normal citizen and respect others' rights. You can also be a hopeful human being without religion. This is not a debate of "not all the religious folk are bad eggs" the debate here is why it still exists in any form in the year 2019.

Well, you cannot deprive from anyone the right to believe in God, because Islam kills people in the name of God or Catholic church has been blamed for pedophilia etc. Those are just some minor incidents which stigmatize their whole beliefs.
You can live under Peace if you believe in different religions as well. You only have to be educated and respect others.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 07:38:48 PM

It's easy in today's world to blame Islam of backwards savagery against women, children, etc. Yet this is still protected by the left?

Why? When at the same time Christianity is under attack in the modern political and social climate. Other than the obvious propagation of pedophilia by the Catholic church, Christians' rape and pillaging days are over for the most part.

Other than instinctual human greed, religion has caused more conflict in human history than anything else. Why do we still need it? Are there any merits left?

I understand a common argument here may be that it instills fear in common folk and helps to provide them a reason to behave but we shouldn't need the fear of deities smiting us to act as a normal citizen and respect others' rights. You can also be a hopeful human being without religion. This is not a debate of "not all the religious folk are bad eggs" the debate here is why it still exists in any form in the year 2019.

Well, you cannot deprive from anyone the right to believe in God, because Islam kills people in the name of God or Catholic church has been blamed for pedophilia etc. Those are just some minor incidents which stigmatize their whole beliefs.
You can live under Peace if you believe in different religions as well. You only have to be educated and respect others.

If you were educated you would know how to determine if something is true.

Religious dogma, Islam is no exception, is utter nonsense.

However, I would fight for your right to believe in it as long as you keep it to yourself.

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 02:39:58 PM

both Islam and Christianity have their faults and their injustices, I hope that in the future humanity will be guided primarily by science
btcdie

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:49:07 PM

both Islam and Christianity have their faults and their injustices, I hope that in the future humanity will be guided primarily by science
Does religion not guide you with science?
if you are a religious, at this moment you are guided by science. all the goals of religion are the same, namely to guide us to create peace and goodness in this world. it's just that savage humans involve religion to conquer the world.

try to search on google "the purpose and function of religion" I think it's clear there. so in my opinion, humans are still religious and have their respective beliefs.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 07:49:09 PM

religion make society work, they target the individual mind,

atheism bleeds out a society, russia moved from atheist communism to russian orthodoxy because it also realised atheism isnt very sustainable.

regards

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 09:47:47 PM

If they are zombies, they aren't people. If they are people... people can't stop being religious. People are religious beings.

Cool

Kwame21

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 10:22:59 PM

Religion, the way I know it doesnt put fear in anyone. Personally, I am a christain. ive been taught to believe in God and this faith has really pushed me to sometimes go beyond the impossible. So to me, religion is cool depending on how see and understand it. 
Renampun

Activity: 2254
Merit: 362

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 08:38:01 PM

one thing that I don't like about Islam is their way of looking at the opposite sex,
Islam is allowed to do polygamy, and have full power over wives, in the mosque, there is a barrier between women and men,
one more thing that makes me not think is that they believe that every man who enters heaven will marry 72 angels, this is a funny thing IMO

If a person doesn't have religion, he is dead, in a coma, or a vegetable. Why? Check out the definition of "religion:"
you are very precise, religion is a rule, without religion the world is very chaotic,
for example in Christian it is written "do not killing" just imagine if this rule does not exist,
then we will be busy killing each other.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 06:40:31 AM

Other than instinctual human greed, religion has caused more conflict in human history than anything else. Why do we still need it?

We don't need it. Religion was primarily a method of social control. God was a very effective all-seeing policeman in the sky who could keep the population behaving as desired. Religion is a relic of the past. It can be harmful in many ways, not just starting conflict, but also suggesting that scientific discoveries aren't true.

I do think that some of the values espoused by (but not necessarily practiced by) some religions have merit, like tolerance and treating others as you would have them treat you, etc - but you don't need religion for that.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 03:11:56 PM

Other than instinctual human greed, religion has caused more conflict in human history than anything else. Why do we still need it?

We don't need it. Religion was primarily a method of social control. God was a very effective all-seeing policeman in the sky who could keep the population behaving as desired. Religion is a relic of the past. It can be harmful in many ways, not just starting conflict, but also suggesting that scientific discoveries aren't true.

I do think that some of the values espoused by (but not necessarily practiced by) some religions have merit, like tolerance and treating others as you would have them treat you, etc - but you don't need religion for that.

Except that the idea of God being as you described Him, is an alternative method of population control.

The reality of nature shows that God is real, and that obeying Him is more like fitting in with the universe... to flow with the way things work rather than against them.

Cool

kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 05:51:53 PM

If you have Jesus-salvation, be humble. And stop being a sinner as much as you can. Boast in Jesus rather than yourself. Muslims fail just like Christians. But they don't have any Savior to boast in.

Cool

The goal of Islam was the power so what happen to the world? What they need? What if they conquer the world by their power? How will the christian do?

The Christian goal was different from Islam because they are ruled by God and also they have to do good for their 2nd life which is the heaven they want.

What happen to the world? How we can survive to some Islam out there who want the power they want?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: