Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Investors always turn to reduce or deny bounty hunters their payments  (Read 431 times)
otto93 (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Live, Hope, Win

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:39:54 AM

Some Project owners together with some Bounty managers promise Hunters certain percentage of total tokens to be created.
These promised tokens inturn manipulates hunters to engage in these bounties expecting to be paid.
One main phrase that gets to favor this bounty managers and project owners is "bounty manager and project owners have the rigjt to male changes to the bounty tool at any point in time"
Should the above statement be allowed to continue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:01:49 AM

Its up to you to join and i see other projects adds diclaimer note that they have the right to change the rules or agreement.
Either way bounty is a waste of time now, its better to spend the effort on something else rather than waiting for a long time and get paid for a measly amount.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:13:26 AM

Why not?
Changes are expected when we are doing something and to prevent an unnecessary problem such as complaints, it is important for the managers to make that statement.
in case something wrong happens with the participant or the project itself.
just make sure you are participating in something that is handled by a professional, to lessen the risk being exploited by the rules.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:22:25 AM

Some Project owners together with some Bounty managers promise Hunters certain percentage of total tokens to be created.
These promised tokens inturn manipulates hunters to engage in these bounties expecting to be paid.
One main phrase that gets to favor this bounty managers and project owners is "bounty manager and project owners have the rigjt to male changes to the bounty tool at any point in time"
Every decisions make by the project teams will be passed onto bounty hunters by bounty managers, most times bounty allocation get reduced because the project failed to reach its target hardcap, if they pay bounty hunters when the project failed to met target it will be a total loss for the team, remember that bounty hunters like to dump, just think about it

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
otto93 (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Live, Hope, Win

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:51:29 AM

Its up to you to join and i see other projects adds diclaimer note that they have the right to change the rules or agreement.
Either way bounty is a waste of time now, its better to spend the effort on something else rather than waiting for a long time and get paid for a measly amount.
When you say something better, can you draw me a list of the things that can be useful now sir? I will really like to Chanel my resources if I found it attractive

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:58:45 AM

Every decisions make by the project teams will be passed onto bounty hunters by bounty managers, most times bounty allocation get reduced because the project failed to reach its target hardcap, if they pay bounty hunters when the project failed to met target it will be a total loss for the team, remember that bounty hunters like to dump, just think about it

Bounty allocation should be not reduced because at the first time the bounty manager made a thread, there are a contract that how many percont of total supply that allocated to bounty.
And i think if the project's really good, even the bounty hunter dump it, the coins will be more valuable in the future because the bounty allocation is usually just 1-2% of total supply
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 08:55:42 AM

Changing terms of the bounty promotion is actually unacceptable especially after we realized that the project made a good run in its ICO crowdfunding activities. However, these people are making sure that any changes they might implement are still within the parameters they set in the first place, in other words there is nothing we, as bounty hunters, can do but obliged to their decision. There is no way we can stop them to do whatever they want to do. There is no course of action to address any complaint we may have. We have no court where we can file a case against them for some damages or to enforce the original and published terms and conditions. In summary, we are powerless and all we can do is to make some noise in this forum. This can be the big reason why many already stop doing bounties as they are not anymore that attractive to do. Still, am hoping that there will be changes come 2020, hope springs eternal as they say.
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:31:45 AM

Every day you can read posts like this about a bad reputation on engaging in a bounty campaign. This is clearly indicating that almost no bounties are worth our time. From the beginning, we are warned by the veterans' members here that joining some bounties may waste our time. this is the true nature of bounty nowadays If they won't give you anything. they at least reduce your rewards to the smallest part as possible.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:47:52 AM

It is only right but if it is to be used to derail or reduce the wage we must earn it must be wrong,
It also depends on the circumstances in which it is occurring and it is inevitable that they will need to make an annoucement before the Ico campaign can begin to alert bounty hunters to any potential change. This is a warning and it depends on you if you continue the bounty campaign you are going to join.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:49:47 AM

This rules should also add in the OP the day posted it, that they are able to change the allocation depend on the raise fund or else give exact  calculated bounty  2-3% from raised funds not from the total supply .
If bounty hunters want to dump token from payment its thier right to do and owner know it already. before starting the campaign they know that most of the bounty hunter will sell it after the payment.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:55:06 AM

I have seen this phrase many times in the bounty threads, but it did not stop me from participating in the bounty campaign, because this is not the main criterion for participation for me. I study the prospects of the entire project before participating.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:57:34 AM

If they stated that before the campaign was opened to participants, then I don't see a problem with it as long as the changes they make in the future aren't drastically different from what the original conditions were of the campaign.

If you sign up to a bounty campaign with these aforementioned conditions, then it's really your own responsibility and risk.

But honestly, there is a lot of campaigns that are completely not worth your while. Do your own research before providing your labour.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:20:37 AM

I think they need to stop that kind of activity. They need to be fair to bounty hunters because it can help lot in promoting their projects. As a bounty hunter I was a victim of that kind of system specially in giving delaying rewards and quickly changing rules. Work and duty of every bounty hunters is not easy so they need to receive a right amount of salary in time.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:28:06 AM

If it's listed on the thread and available for people to see and read, and then you sign up and accept the terms there's not much you can complain or disagree with. They asked for the permission to fuck you over and they did later on...

A lot of companies use this as a way to advertise fake amounts and then save money by just drastically reducing the budget later on.

In the real world there is contract law so you can't add extreme terms to a contract but in something so unregulated like bounty campaigns you are shit out of luck.

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:29:23 AM

I have seen this phrase many times in the bounty threads, but it did not stop me from participating in the bounty campaign, because this is not the main criterion for participation for me. I study the prospects of the entire project before participating.
Many bounty hunters failed to understand that there are many things to consider when promoting projects, developers are humans too, they need funds to be able to pay hunters for their hardwork as well, once project failed to me softcap there will be problem

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:33:14 AM

You can choose if you join or not but managers have right to change the rules especially when the owner tell to manager what they do.
So if you join in bounty especially altcoins signature campaign expect that the rules will break.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:43:28 AM

With this point of yours i think both bounty manager and the project owners planned such from the start, if you see any bounty manager in such act you should raise alarm on here and there will be consequences, bounty hunters need to investigate every bounty projects very well before proceeding

DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1218
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:49:00 AM

You can choose if you join or not but managers have right to change the rules especially when the owner tell to manager what they do.
So if you join in bounty especially altcoins signature campaign expect that the rules will break.
Most of the time, managers always put the instruction in every bounty project that the team or the bounty manager has the right to modify the campaign rules. If bounty participants are reading the instructions very well, they should know and understand that the rules and regulation of the project is still in the hands of the one who manage it and the project itself.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 11:00:10 AM

There is rampant manipulation in the bounty section actually. That should not be allowed for me. That is a form of cheating. If there are changes, it should be made at least a month before the bounty ends and not in a day or two. I have seen bounty campaigns whose allocation are suddenly changed even when the campaign is already finished. There are also others that change the duration into more than triple the time without any additional reward. These are all forms of cheating. Nobody should participate in such cheaters.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 578

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 11:05:38 AM

They have the rights to change it because if there will be some major changes, the participants will have no voice to disagree. And if this is a big case for you, don't join those bounties that has this kind of rule because it will continue to bother you once you've joined a bounty that has this rule.

With your title about investors, I don't get it why they also take a part of it?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████