Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:20:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Friendly City  (Read 891 times)
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 12:44:42 PM

It's a surprise to me that Japan is not on this list

I've been in New York last April, and I thought that I would see a lot of places accepting BTC, but I was wrong, no signal of any crypto in the places I went

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 12:52:00 PM

I have been searching for topics that will somehow help empower the bitcoin community. I have been previously posting bitcoin friendly politicians and the list of their names in this forum. Today I will share to you bitcoin friendly cities. This maybe a boring topic but its better to read topics that can inspire the bitcoin community rather than negative and threatening topics.

The list is courtesy to https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/042415/10-cities-leading-bitcoin-adoption.asp

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
3 Amsterdam, the Netherlands
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
8 Buenos Aires, Argentina
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

After reading the article published by investopedia.com the common thing that makes these cities bitcoin friendly is the presence of merchants accepting bitcoins and the existence of bitcoin atms.

The largest continent in the world is Asia. Unfortunately, there is only a single city included in that list that is from Asia-- Tel Aviv in Israel. The list is dominated by cities in Europe and North America. But then I have reservations with this list. Japan, for example, has been strongly pro-Bitcoin. It is one of the earliest countries that gave a friendly hand to it. I wonder if there are not enough Bitcoin-accepting merchants and Bitcoin ATMs in Japanese cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, or Kyoto.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 03:50:21 PM

I am amazed at this news, I didn't have any expectation as much as higher, It's really a matter that almost 177 merchants in San Francisco who accept Bitcoin, in Vancouver, Canada also there are 48 Bitcoin ATM that's a massive figure, also it's looking very handsome figure that there are also several cities where Bitcoin is accepted, I think this is just the beginning of this era, but it hurts me when I didn't notice any city from Asia, That's not expected whereas the most of the participant from that Area, not only that but also the high density of population, Hopefully, Bitcoin ATM and Acceptance will be spread out around in Asia soon and the people will use Bitcoin for the payment method.

henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 07:48:05 AM

It is not a boring topic to me, it is in fact highly motivating seeing that at least we have US cities that are amongst them and these cities re still one of the top cities in America, and like you said, I think what can really make any city really become crypto friendly is if they can all start accepting bitcoin because for payment of things, without those merchant, even those that are willing to use their cryptocurrency to make payment will not be able to use it as they will not have anyone to spend it to.

We need to start encouraging lots of merchants to accept bitcoin if we really want an adoption rate to grow and that is where we need to begin from and not even all these cryptocurrency users or investors that we are all encouraging first. I have crypto that I would like to spend, but because of lack of where to spend it is what has discouraged me.
secretgirl

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 09:50:35 AM

I am very happy to read this post. with the increase in cities that are friendly to bitcoin, this proves that bitcoin can become a global coin. and I am optimistic that this will be realized I will be patient waiting.
and in my opinion there are some cities that haven't been mentioned like tokyo Japan, seol south korea both cities are very friendly with bitcoin. because in Japan has made bitcoin as a legal payment tool.

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Oneandpure

Activity: 2044
Merit: 306

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 10:41:43 AM

I have been searching for topics that will somehow help empower the bitcoin community. I have been previously posting bitcoin friendly politicians and the list of their names in this forum. Today I will share to you bitcoin friendly cities. This maybe a boring topic but its better to read topics that can inspire the bitcoin community rather than negative and threatening topics.

The list is courtesy to https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/042415/10-cities-leading-bitcoin-adoption.asp

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

After reading the article published by investopedia.com the common thing that makes these cities bitcoin friendly is the presence of merchants accepting bitcoins and the existence of bitcoin atms.
Have you go there and look at your mention city are friendly for bitcoin and altcoin, I not heard with information about many city in the world have adopted and friendly using bitcoin as transaction payment, maybe just in Canada have adopted bitcoin as transaction payment and other country still not allowed using bitcoin as transaction payment, you have give me correct information with your link.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 10:43:15 AM

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

The largest continent in the world is Asia. Unfortunately, there is only a single city included in that list that is from Asia-- Tel Aviv in Israel. The list is dominated by cities in Europe and North America. But then I have reservations with this list. Japan, for example, has been strongly pro-Bitcoin. It is one of the earliest countries that gave a friendly hand to it. I wonder if there are not enough Bitcoin-accepting merchants and Bitcoin ATMs in Japanese cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, or Kyoto.
Soon many countries in asia will be bitcoin friendly too . I think most of the traders, bounty hunters and investors are in asia. Theres no doubt that in such time, asia will be a bitcoin friendly continent. So america, and europe will follow too. I have seen many articles that there are some projects like bitcoin atm machine are being used in asia too.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 10:56:50 AM

- snip

Soon many countries in asia will be bitcoin friendly too . I think most of the traders, bounty hunters and investors are in asia. Theres no doubt that in such time, asia will be a bitcoin friendly continent. So america, and europe will follow too. I have seen many articles that there are some projects like bitcoin atm machine are being used in asia too.
asia is friendly to welcome crypto too right especially bitcoin but from other country asia governments ,there are still many who are rigid in responding to cryptocurrencies ,hopefully Japan will bring its neighbors to be compact in bringing crypto into parts of digital currency that are accepted in all corners

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 11:38:15 AM

- snip

asia is friendly to welcome crypto too right especially bitcoin but from other country asia governments ,there are still many who are rigid in responding to cryptocurrencies ,hopefully Japan will bring its neighbors to be compact in bringing crypto into parts of digital currency that are accepted in all corners

Japan can play a vital role in changing the mindset of other Asian countries like India and Bangladesh as Bangladesh has banned bitcoin and India is yet to ban bitcoin officially but there are unofficial threats to the traders. Japan being a developed nation and known for it's perfectionism other countries will surely reconsider it's stance on crypto when Japan talks about further development.

Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:11:37 PM

1 San Francisco, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.

Agree with the list relativity. New York has a really big bitcoin community, and San Francisco does also. Definitely the two largest in the US, I think New York has been slow on the uptake, but if traditional finance gets involved, and should mention that's happening faster than before, there is a ton of institutional knowledge that San Francisco doesn't have. When it comes to trading which is at the heart of so many bitcoin businesses New York knows it's shit. In my opinion, San Francisco tends to focus on more speculative bitcoin technology, but some of the most interesting startups are located there. Way back when bitcoin got started, Benjamin Lawsky got this bright idea of having a licensing system for anyone that wanted to do cryptocurrency in New York State. The bitlicense was slightly terrifying.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:33:57 PM

Its really good to see such kind of positive topics being discussed here which promote the crypto and postivity around.The countries have accepted crypto to boost the financial status of their country and recognize themseleves as cryto freindly and you can trade there without any legal hinderances and earn good profits.There are many other nation also who promote crypto usage like japan but the number in the above mentioned countries is quite large which is good for its growth and adoption at global level.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:37:00 PM

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

Is this some sort of official census? What was the criteria for deciding the most friendly city? I mean it's hard to get a good sample space from almost every major city around the world. Merely counting number of atms isn't a proof of being the most friendly city. Moreover with Bitcoin transaction being anonymous I think we might never get an accurate result. Who knows if most bitcoin friendly city is Syria??
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:08:35 PM

It's a surprise to me that Japan is not on this list

I've been in New York last April, and I thought that I would see a lot of places accepting BTC, but I was wrong, no signal of any crypto in the places I went

Basically, Japan is silent in terms of cryptocurrency. For me, the reason because of this is that, their government is allowing them to freely decide what's best for their economy, financial, and future. This the what the whole world should be. There's no reason for politicians to show their side on crypto if there's no issues about it. There will be peace when everybody is free and considering the limitations that crypto could bring.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:28:36 PM

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

Is this some sort of official census? What was the criteria for deciding the most friendly city? I mean it's hard to get a good sample space from almost every major city around the world. Merely counting number of atms isn't a proof of being the most friendly city. Moreover with Bitcoin transaction being anonymous I think we might never get an accurate result. Who knows if most bitcoin friendly city is Syria??
It’s clearly stated  in the highlighted sentence that it was the Merchant accepting bitcoin is the basis of this ranks and not so ever so basically it’s just about their merchant things that my not really in function but still accepting bitcoin as payments
But it’s frustrating to not included Singapore and Japan since they are the safe haven of cryptocurrency

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:35:13 PM

1 San Francisco, U.S.
2 Vancouver, Canada
4 Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 Tel Aviv, Israel
6 Zurich, Switzerland
7 Tampa, U.S.
9 New York, U.S.
10 London, U.K.

It’s clearly stated  in the highlighted sentence that it was the Merchant accepting bitcoin is the basis of this ranks and not so ever so basically it’s just about their merchant things that my not really in function but still accepting bitcoin as payments
But it’s frustrating to not included Singapore and Japan since they are the safe haven of cryptocurrency
I really do expect that a city from Japan would be a part from the list because base on what I have heard there are a lot of merchants there who accepts BTC as a mode of payment there. You can even purchase a ticket from an airline company. It is also quiet surprising that there are a lot of cities from United States that are on the list which is quiet unusual in a sense that the US government is quiet against with this whole Bitcoin thingy, their SEC specifically.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 02:04:30 PM

Great job. But how come no Asia city made the list? South Korea is pro bitcoin, Singapore is there, Malaysia, Cyrus these nations have a friendly cryptocurrency framework and home to some major exchanges.

Because they have more power than Asian countries that's why the list are some famous and rich country who can help for Bitcoin or to be more popular because of those countries.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Google+

Activity: 2422
Merit: 550

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 02:47:39 PM

Great job. But how come no Asia city made the list? South Korea is pro bitcoin, Singapore is there, Malaysia, Cyrus these nations have a friendly cryptocurrency framework and home to some major exchanges.

Because they have more power than Asian countries that's why the list are some famous and rich country who can help for Bitcoin or to be more popular because of those countries.
I think Asian countries can have such strong power because Asian countries  always give high appreciation about the creation of new technology and are very used by many people so that from very high demand in Asian countries should be able to enter the list of countries that have one of the influences important for bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Annet

Activity: 23
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 03:45:43 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

I actually live in a Bitcoin City!  Grin
But it's not on the list..   Cry   

I'm from Arnhem Bitcoin City; in the Netherlands. We currently have 108 Bitcoin merchants and our city has 159.265 inhabitants (78.985 households). The city centre is nice and great to do a pub crawl. It's only one hour apart from Amsterdam, which is on the list.. but where you can hardly survive using bitcoins so I'm assuming they maybe meant Arnhem because sometimes people outside Europe don't realize our small country has more than one city Wink

We have real-time statistics on our website about all bitcoin payments in our city; at least when the merchant uses BitKassa (otherwise we wouldn't know). The stats show the monthly amount spent, number of transactions and number of merchants. Since you can also use Lightning Network at 99% of the merchants, there is a distinction made between on-chain transactions and Lightning transactions.

You can actually pay for ALL your daily needs in Bitcoin, including gas and barbers, dentist and supermarket, hotels, restaurants, etc. you should check it out one time if you haven't already visited it! We love Bitcoin tourists and if you let us know beforehand we can give you some advice or even organise our monthly meetup* in the period that you're there.

It's interesting though how many websites make a list of Bitcoin friendly cities and they all come up with different cities. I blame Coinmap, I believe that's where most journalists get their sources. We strived to keep our city 'clean' on Coinmap but in other cities you see that even webshops and boring offices show up on the map and businesses that don't exist anymore never seem to get deleted from the map.
Then also, if you zoom out too much, the numbers are grouped together and move to a different location so it's easily misinterpreted.

But besides that, you can have a different definition of a Bitcoin-Friendly city. Is it Bitcoin friendly because you can buy all kinds of different items with bitcoins or is it also Bitcoin friendly if you have 150 webdesigners accepting it? The number of inhabitants can be a measure but the total area also, but then in the Arnhem case: a great part is water or forest so you should actually only count the built-up region, or centre region of a city, perhaps. In 2014 we were named World's Most Bitcoin-Friendly City because in Arnhem people had to do less walking to find their next Bitcoin merchant compared to bigger cities (https://insidebitcoins.com/news/the-most-bitcoin-friendly-city-in-the-world ).

Anyway, I hope that we can have a "Top 100 of Bitcoincities in the world", soon! And that more Bitcoincities emerge! It doesn't really matter that Arnhem is not on the list as long as the other cities actually ARE great for spending Bitcoin but I have strong doubts about this list.. which is a pity actually. Especially when people come and visit one of those cities and get disappointed and even more if other journalists come and visit those cities and write nasty articles about Bitcoin being dead and all Tongue
They should definitely visit Arnhem. It feels like a warm home Smiley

* Our website: https://www.arnhembitcoinstad.nl
* Our monthly meetups are announced (if I don't forget) in this thread as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093140.0
cutesgirl

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 04:44:51 PM

I think Asian countries can have such strong power because Asian countries  always give high appreciation about the creation of new technology and are very used by many people so that from very high demand in Asian countries should be able to enter the list of countries that have one of the influences important for bitcoin.
Asian country have friendly city for bitcoin as currency payment with many cities support using bitcoin, you can visit Beijing city and Tokyo using bitcoin as your currency without convert first with cash money, you can use your bitcoin for every transaction like buy ticket for travelling and buy your soft drink with bitcoin.
FaithInCrypto

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

mada mada dane

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 08:06:44 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Adoption really plays a big part in Bitcoin's survival. I am actually glad that more and more countries and cities are using Bitcoin as their mode of payment. I haven't seen any merchant around me using BTC as payment but I know there are major cities whose merchants are using it as their payment option.

Bitbook - Leading Crypto Sportbook and Casino (https://www.bitbook.ag/)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: