Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protect Yourself And You Protect Your Assets  (Read 2222 times)
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

Yes depends on how much they wanted to trade everyday but if they are depositing money from banks then they can be tracked and governments can get the details from ay exchange if there is a need.So buying personally from someone is highly secured but cannot be trusted because source of money can become a question if the limit of purchase is high and alarming.
why be afraid to be known by the government? if the transaction is on a trusted exchange I don't think it will be a problem. and until now I think our transaction data has also been recorded by the exchange. everyone can track us, and we don't have to hide from the government.

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 03:55:16 PM

I've read people asking and posting how to protect their wallet but apart from educating yourself on how to protect your wallet, private keys and passwords, It's also very important that you protect yourself from exposing your portfolio you don't go around telling friends and random people, coins that you are keeping.
And also It's important to have other businesses or jobs and not rely on all your needs to Cryptocurrency, people will notice this and they will think you are making a fortune from Cryptocurrency and they might target you.

So are you protecting yourself and how do you protect yourself and your family?
It is very essential that we protect ourself from any possible risks that we may encounter on the way as we invest so that we can invest successfully in crypto. There are a lot of ways to protect our investment and also our family here in crypto. We should not be too shallow upon sharing our information here in crypto to anyone because it may harm us in a large scale. Make sure always that the person you are showing you portfolio with is a trustworthy one so that you won't have regret at the end.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 03:59:20 PM

I've read people asking and posting how to protect their wallet but apart from educating yourself on how to protect your wallet, private keys and passwords, It's also very important that you protect yourself from exposing your portfolio you don't go around telling friends and random people, coins that you are keeping.
And also It's important to have other businesses or jobs and not rely on all your needs to Cryptocurrency, people will notice this and they will think you are making a fortune from Cryptocurrency and they might target you.

I usually keep my self away from exposing my thing here in crypto. I hang out a lot with my friends asking where did I get my money from because we are all a students besides I do not have any outside jobs they knew, and I am not from a wealthy family that is why they are confused. As soon as they ask I usually answer that it came from my savings last few days or whatsoever. The only people who knew my thing here in crypto was my family itself other than that, there is no one else.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 04:06:58 PM

I usually keep my self away from exposing my thing here in crypto. I hang out a lot with my friends asking where did I get my money from because we are all a students besides I do not have any outside jobs they knew, and I am not from a wealthy family that is why they are confused. As soon as they ask I usually answer that it came from my savings last few days or whatsoever. The only people who knew my thing here in crypto was my family itself other than that, there is no one else.
It's better to keep yourself and your crypto thing private. Otherwise, you will be noticeable and be in danger. Aside from being responsible in your portfolio and in your private keys and passwords, it will be more safe for you and your family to live privately away from the limelight of social media. In this way, you will be more confident and secured in earning more of your crypto thing.

GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:52:23 PM

of course I personally will always protect myself and not rely on random people investing. and do not forget to always renew every asset that has no further price development to be exchanged and replaced with better coins for investment.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 06:05:16 PM

Before focusing on cryptocurrency, I was an employee who worked every 8 hours a day, for five days a week. Initially, being a trader and bounty hunter was my side job until I decided to focus more on cryptocurrency because the percentage of income and energy and the time I used felt more effective.
With the income from cryptocurrency, as much as possible I can make my family happy by meeting their needs, I also try hard to raise capital to open an independent business. The plan is in the culinary field. Although it is very promising, cryptocurrency is full of unpredictability, so I need passive income in the real world if the cryptocurrency market is less profitable.
The point here is we have to prepare various plans to deal with the worst situations Smiley

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:07:18 PM

Honestly this is so true, I had a friend who kept talking about his huge gains from trading in my group, and will never talk about his loss, just to show off his assets. His wallet was hacked, he said someone in the group shared him a keyboard app which he downloaded, and unfortunately maybe his private keys got compromised via clipboard. Let's learn to keep things that are meant to be personal that way, not telling the whole world how much crypto assets you posses to avoid issues.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:13:24 PM

~snip~

Honestly this is so true, I had a friend who kept talking about his huge gains from trading in my group, and will never talk about his loss, just to show off his assets. His wallet was hacked, he said someone in the group shared him a keyboard app which he downloaded, and unfortunately maybe his private keys got compromised via clipboard. Let's learn to keep things that are meant to be personal that way, not telling the whole world how much crypto assets you posses to avoid issues.
In crypto, it is the same as money. So basically your portfolio means it is valuable stuff. So my analogy is "Never been trust with someone else even your own shadow". Even that person is too close at you there's a possibility that he will attract your assets. Better to keep silents and keep your coins in a safe place wallet. Just treat your assets protecting just like protecting your self.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
btcdie

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:30:06 PM

it might be true to say the internet is a place to steal with little risk. maybe the thief switched his profession stealing work on the internet is very easy and minimal risk.  Huh

so hackers are targeting us. portfolio is very important and must be maintained. One way that I do to secure personal data is to never upload on the internet, unless needed. for wallet problems, I used to keep it in a hardware wallet and I think it's safer.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:38:58 PM

Our friends on social networks already know almost everything about us. We constantly share information about where we relax and spend free time, publish photos from work and with friends, we even write the birthdays of our children! This is not entirely prudent, as we put ourselves and our family at risk. The same goes for our cryptocurrency earnings. I think we never mustn't forget about caution.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:19:46 PM

I don't tell my friends about my holding coins, but sometimes I tell them my earnings, they ask to treat them, that's it. I think people don't share their portfolio, but when you do bounties, your all information already showing in public, so, anyone can know your details except if you have a different wallet as a portfolio! I think the hardware wallet can good take care of you, nothing to worry if you own a hardware wallet and follow the instructions carefully. To me, I don't like to mix up my crypto life with my real life.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:25:13 PM

I keep the majority of my funds in cold wallets that are located in several locations so I don't lose everything if my house were to burn down or something of the sort, and nobody should know the PIN codes to my hardware wallets (Ledger, Trezor at the moment). I also generally try not to tell people that I own a large amount of my money in cryptocurrencies, not even to my closest friends. Most people only know that I've got money, though they're not sure where it's from; the only people that know that I own a significant amount of crypto is just my immediate family. I'd prefer that it stays like this.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:27:17 PM

I agree with the part where you said that one has to have other business or job aside cryptocurrency. This is so true. People should understand that cryptocurrency is an investment not a business except for people who day trade, and I must say, its not very easy nor stable.
About not telling people that you are holding Bitcoin, that kind of true though.
One has to be careful of certain friends but I don't think it will mean much telling an out stander who don't even know you.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:33:26 PM

It's also very important that you protect yourself from exposing your portfolio you don't go around telling friends and random people, coins that you are keeping.
I agree with you on this because by making known to others the worth of your portfolio you can be hacked by some bad friends who might be close to you. I remember some funds of mine got stolen sometime ago and i had this feeling someone close to me had access to my pc and made away with my funds.
In addition, it's also good to get a day job alongside crypto activities as this industry is still young and who knows can crush in sometime to come. The volatile crypto market also makes cashing out of crypto industry also hurts especially when the market dips like what is happening currently.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:50:15 PM

Well, this seems right. You don't know who is the good and bad around you even though that person expecting you as a friend. Never open topics about your portfolio should keep safe in a private place. Don't trust anyone except your self. Indeed, there are also some cases that even relatives will traitor to when it comes to stuff that has a value. Money is very hard to get now, those who have bad insight will think about that kind of crime. So, be careful at any time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:55:32 PM

Protecting on self is not just about private keys, keeping your investment secret to your friends is another measure which everyone should imbibe. Most times friends can have access to our computers knowing our portfolio worth can fuel their quest to unravel our keys. Stay woke folks.
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 09:05:13 PM

You can't just live as if you have gone extinct because of you want to keep a top secret, no matter what no man is an island you still will find away of letting people know what you do if not you would still look very suspicious.
Just simply protect you coins
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 09:20:18 PM

As long as you have secured your wallet properly and have taken proper steps to ensure that nothing can go wrong, then it doesn't matter if you go around telling friends and random people about your coins. After all, it actually feels good to boast about your portfolio and it might also help get peoples interest into crypto currencies.
You don't need a job for hiding your crypto profits from people. You need a job to have a secure and stable source of income. You sound so paranoid.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 09:46:28 PM

That's correct. Telling everyone how much you earn on cryptocurrency is very stupid. I don't tell many relatives about it, let alone strangers. I don't want to put myself and my family at risk.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 09:46:56 PM

The answer is simple. Make crypto just your alternative income then don't tell to anyone if you are joining in this world. Sometimes,  not actively publish our assets (crypto, wealth, etc) can be a real happiness. Just be a simple person. That's how to secure our self and our family

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: