Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: America's First Bitcoin Gun Store  (Read 3630 times)
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:36:59 PM

1. There are places with strict gun control laws and high crime rates, and places without.  There is no connection between just looking at something such as that, as it does not count in other variables.  (example us cities, strict gun control, high crime, but I doubt the relationship is solely caused by that)
2. Look at actual murder statistics from the fbi, I had them all out for you but it timed me out Sad  You will see that both rifles and shotguns (all rifles and shotguns, legal, illegal, "assault," or bolt action) are both responsible for less deaths than, knives, hands and feet, and blunt objects.  Yet gun control advocates live to stop people form owning a semi auto rifle.
3. The same reports show that handguns are the most used weapon (same legal, illegal rules apply, handguns also have by far the strictest restrictions about them, and are the most difficult to legally obtain.)  Why do you think handguns, knives, hands and feet, and blunt objects, reign supreme as murder weapons?  It is because the majority of crimes are perpetrated by criminals with a need to conceal their weapons.  But, people love the media and tv, and think that gangsters are going up to houses and plowing them down with fucking mininguns.
4. Moral panic, in the US it is just smart politics to take a tragedy, use it, piss on people's rights, and then bam your in.  Drugs, guns, drinking and driving, cigarettes, cell phones, motorcycles, wearing a life vest, you name it.  Someone will take an event and manipulate it. 

Bitcoin faces the same irrational attacks, because it has been used for numerous illegal activities (including purchasing illegal firearms btw.)
You can be a dumb bastard and think bitcoin causes these crimes, or you can realize it was people causing them. 

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:11:16 PM

I believe this is the store. I should have included it in post #1.

http://centraltexasgunworks.com/

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:17:05 PM

what are guns for?  don't we already have things called restaurants

i am here.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:30:48 PM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

That's why they have semi automatic assault rifles that can fire 60 rounds per minute.

Because as we all know, a minimum of 60 bullets sprayed all over the room is necessary to stop a burglar.

-B-

What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry and Why it Matters

In July of 2013, Illinois became the last state in the union to enact a concealed carry law. In January of this year, the state began accepting applications for permits. This week, Chicago police announced that the city’s first quarter murder rate was the lowest since 1958.

Via ABC-affiliate Eye Witness News in the Windy City:

The first three months of the year saw 6 fewer murders than the same time frame in 2013–a 9 percent drop–and 55 fewer murders than 2012, according to a statement from Chicago Police.

There were 90 fewer shootings and 119 fewer shooting victims, drops of 26 and 29 percent respectively, according to police statistics.

Compared to the first quarter of 2012, there have been 222 fewer shootings and 292 fewer shooting victims. Overall crime is down 25 percent from last year, and police said more than 1,300 illegal guns were recovered in the last three months.

Coincidence? Hard to say. And too early to tell. Although, I doubt that the anti-gun crowd is celebrating the good news.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/126664-coincidence-illinois-enacts-concealed-carry-law-chicago-murder-rate-plummets-immediately/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:33:45 PM

what are guns for?  don't we already have things called restaurants

What are armed cops for? Don't we have things called Chihuahuas?

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:36:10 AM

The ones who call for somebody else to regulate other people are the biggest cowards, imo.

But if SHTF, bullets will be extinct in about 30 days...then only the ones with old school knowledge of how to DIY bullets will make a killing.

Pun intended.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:37:37 AM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

That's why they have semi automatic assault rifles that can fire 60 rounds per minute.

Because as we all know, a minimum of 60 bullets sprayed all over the room is necessary to stop a burglar.

-B-

SOmetimes it is, if you can't shoot worth a shit. You'll be wishing you had 61.

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:52:50 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 03:07:05 AM by serenitys

That is great. It is a good incentive for other shops if sales grow because of the adoption of Bitcoin.

Off topic:

Devil's advocate:
Are guns really necessary? A lot of countries (mostly European ones) have much stricter rules on fire arms, and are doing just fine.
Or have even better statistics on criminal, drugs, and accidents related incidents.
Does the USA have such fundamental differences with other countries?

Yes.

See in other countries whose governments are at least rational, fair and sane and treat their citizens with some level of respect, they can ban guns and everyone will be cool with it. But the US government are a bunch of greedy psychopaths and short of a revolution (either bloody or digitally), the people recognize a real threat.

The government has oppressed, marginalized and criminalized basic human rights behind a veil of "let's not call each other names" bullshit. Our court systems are corrupt, prosecutors and cops on the take. Even have stupid court cases where kids playing cops and robbers and making a gun shape with their hands are able to be expelled from school.

This government literally generates laws out of fecal matter, everytime one of them takes a shit, there's another law...to the point where we're all criminals in some form or another at this moment. They've made it next to impossible for people to just earn a living, pay their way, so supplemental options that pay far better end up enticing people. Instead of spending money for rehabilitation or treatment centers, this government has decided commercial prison system is more lucrative - just lock them up, get paid. There is not a non corrupt police station anywhere in this country, guaranteed. They are all 100% corrupt - and the cops who aren't corrupt just facilitate it by looking the other way so they don't break the blue wall.

It's ugly underneath the reality tv shows - that are the 21st century adaptation of The Running Man vs The Hunger Games. Entertainment for the elite psychopaths who got wealthy by ripping off the citizens...and keeping most of them too dumbed down to realize they've been victimized. (See Honey Boo Boo)

Real illustration - where we used to live, Halloween has basically been wiped out except for the mall nonsense by 4pm, and my youngest son who loves Halloween decided to try an inspire the neighborhood we lived in to decorate for Halloween. He got typewriter paper and drew all sorts of spooky Halloween scenes with zombies and monsters and gore and all that, and passed them around to every house on a couple of blocks.

I was proud.

Then, I shit you not, two cops showed up to give me shit that someone called the police because they received terroristic threats - holding up several of the Halloween pics my son had put on people's doors. They were absolutely dead seriously on the verge of citing me with something but they really - as normal people outside the uniform - couldn't quite bring themselves to follow through. They did decide to "scold" (fear monger) my son until I asked if they intended on arresting him. They said no, I said then get lost and closed the door.

So this kind of shit in the USA goes on all the time, worse than that of course, and because the political agenda has basically divided this country into the wealthy elite and fuck everyone who isn't, the "everyone who isn't" has to go about things in ways that aren't necessarily wrong or immoral but are absolutely criminal as far as the law goes.

So the government might try to ban guns and shoot up a school and blame it on an antigovernment sort to make the point, but the day it tries is the day there's a bloody violent revolution...because people know exactly what would happen if we turned over the guns.

It's not an issue here so much of the common sense rational approach. It's pure self defense FROM a government and its enforcers that are out of control...and one day, some cop is going to nazi out to the wrong person and a shit storm is going to explode. It's a high tension topic in America.

If the GOVERNMENT was gone, the people would get along pretty well with one another generally speaking. It's the government/media bs that keeps the divisiveness going...and pandering to religious retardation. They don't want to educate the religitards because they can exploit them come election time... Roll Eyes

haaggus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:55:54 AM

If more stores accepted Bitcoin then their sales would go up, especially service-related products.
Beef Supreme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:15:43 AM

Right ...

-B-

Nah, don't need more than five rounds of double00 buckshot in my shotgun.  If there are more than five armed intruders I wouldn't survive no matter how many rounds/guns I stockpile.  I don't delude myself, and I don't have the money either to buy a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have time to use anyway.

Most times, I just grab my 3 foot wrecking bar I got from Lowes and my trusty hound to inspect bumps in the night.
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:18:21 AM

Men... hmph

I'd fake like I'm totally cool with them being there and offer them a nice cup of tea...

Laced with arsenic  Grin

Beef Supreme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:20:10 AM

Men... hmph

I'd fake like I'm totally cool with them being there and offer them a nice cup of tea...

Laced with arsenic  Grin

Ah, the woman's weapon of choice.  POISON

They don't like getting messy with death.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:55:12 AM

Who's keeping track of how many bullets or guns you buy? I think I've got about 10,000 spread all over several cities here where I live. You know, just in case.

xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:56:16 AM

Switch off your irony detectors for a few seconds, it might break otherwise.

My first thought was: Wow, that's something the world has been waiting for!

You can safely turn back on your various detectors. Smiley
I am an European citizen and live in a country where I'm glad that access to guns is far more restricted and regulated than in America. It's my personal opinion and I don't agree with American culture to allow relatively easy access to guns for virtually everyone. I don't blame you for this. It just feels scary for me.

Sure, we have crime and people get shot here, too. I don't know exactly if more or less, it surely depends where you live, both in Europe or America.

But here in my capital town I feel more safe to know that if someone's freaking out, he doesn't need to just open the drawer an pull out some guns and automatic stuff. Some people and criminals have weapons, fortunately they are scarce here and I'm happy with that.

Tons of Americans agree with you, they just aren't as Loud as the gun people.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:05:04 AM

I am an European citizen and live in a country where I'm glad that access to guns is far more restricted and regulated than in America. It's my personal opinion and I don't agree with American culture to allow relatively easy access to guns for virtually everyone. I don't blame you for this. It just feels scary for me.

Sure, we have crime and people get shot here, too. I don't know exactly if more or less, it surely depends where you live, both in Europe or America.

But here in my capital town I feel more safe to know that if someone's freaking out, he doesn't need to just open the drawer an pull out some guns and automatic stuff. Some people and criminals have weapons, fortunately they are scarce here and I'm happy with that.

Or willing to listen to facts, like increased gun control does not equate to lower crime rates.  See Chicago as an example where murder rates have declined since citizens have been allowed to conceal carry.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:15:04 AM

This particular store also has a Robocoin Bitcoin ATM in the lobby. There is always plenty of free parking outside. It is my favorite bitcoin ATM in Austin - where we have two others downtown where parking is not often convenient.

I am not a gun enthusiast, but I love this store. I will be going there in the morning to buy more coin.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:08:05 PM

Or willing to listen to facts, like increased gun control does not equate to lower crime rates.  See Chicago as an example where murder rates have declined since citizens have been allowed to conceal carry.

I'm not going to argue with you, I just wanted the guy to know we're not all gun nuts in this country, that's all. Us rational Americans get a bad rap because of the NRA/Ted Nugent type people.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:47:55 PM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

-B-

That's for mowing down hordes of walkers, biters, skin-eaters.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:52:46 PM

This is great to see how fast bitcoin is spreading. I remember when I first found Bitcoin a few years ago. I thought that the non-online world would just laugh at us. But i'm glad to see it quickly spreading...just wish I didn't cash out when it was only around $100 :/

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:54:28 PM

Or willing to listen to facts, like increased gun control does not equate to lower crime rates.  See Chicago as an example where murder rates have declined since citizens have been allowed to conceal carry.

That is why I love Texas and mostly payments in Bitcoin. It gives power to the people back and no more banksters or thed biggest maffia called: the FED.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: