Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:27:41 PM

Hey Guys!

Adam here, new Director of Marketing at Vault of Satoshi! We've been having some internal discussions about adding new altcoin options to our exchange when we launch our new coin-to-coin trading system and we wanted to reach out to the public and get a feel for what coins they were most interested in seeing!

To be clear, we'd be looking to support these coins in coin-to-coin as well as in coin to fiat - as for what we are looking for in coins? We like coins that have a unique value proposition and aren't just a raw clone (unless they have a fantastic community behind them), or obviously coins with a fair volume. So when you request a coin let me know why you think it's unique, why you think it's going places and where it is at right now! Quite a few times we've been the first exchange to adopt smaller coins for direct fiat trade and we've found that's always helped their communities flourish!

I'm happy to be engaged in discussions of what you want to see on Vault of Satoshi in the future and look forward to your feedback. For the security skeptical you can reach out to me at adam@vaultofsatoshi.com to verify or ask any further questions

All the best,
Adam!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:50:01 PM

Hey Guys!

Adam here, new Director of Marketing at Vault of Satoshi! We've been having some internal discussions about adding new altcoin options to our exchange when we launch our new coin-to-coin trading system and we wanted to reach out to the public and get a feel for what coins they were most interested in seeing!

To be clear, we'd be looking to support these coins in coin-to-coin as well as in coin to fiat - as for what we are looking for in coins? We like coins that have a unique value proposition and aren't just a raw clone (unless they have a fantastic community behind them), or obviously coins with a fair volume. So when you request a coin let me know why you think it's unique, why you think it's going places and where it is at right now! Quite a few times we've been the first exchange to adopt smaller coins for direct fiat trade and we've found that's always helped their communities flourish!

I'm happy to be engaged in discussions of what you want to see on Vault of Satoshi in the future and look forward to your feedback. For the security skeptical you can reach out to me at adam@vaultofsatoshi.com to verify or ask any further questions

All the best,
Adam!

Hello Adam,
Congratulations on the new position! I would strongly suggest you have a look at Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB). CGB has been around since June of 2013, so it is clearly not a pump and dump coin that will be abandoned. CGB was designed primarily with the investor in mind. With its accelerated mining period for distribution, and fast declining inflation, CGB is now entering it’s final stage as an interest bearing, low inflation, cryptographic virtual commodity. The mining period began with a reward of 10 CGB per block and has been halving around every 30 days, until a baseline reward of 0.01 CGB per block is reached, where it will remain forever. This baseline reward will contribute only 0.5% annually to the overall inflation.

Up to 1.5% of the remaining inflation will be rewarded to the most prudent holders of CGB. To qualify for interest an investor must keep their funds unspent in their wallets for a minimum of 30 days (for 1.2% interest), and up to a maximum of 90 days (1.5% interest).

With the baseline mining reward expected to be reached within 1 year of release, and the annual inflation target of 2% fast approaching, there is no better time for the serious investor to get involved and claim a stake in this unique virtual commodity. The Vault of Satoshi would be the perfect platform for CGB to take a spot on the center stage in the crypto revolution. CGB aims to be a compliment to Bitcoin and DOGE. See CGB Marketing strategy document http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/1x7j2w/cgb_open_source_community_development_and/

CGB's specs:
- Proof of Work/Proof of Stake Hybrid
- Scrypt
- Linear difficulty retarget (every 2 blocks)
- 5 Confirms
- 60 Second block time
- 10 Bullion per block (1st 55k blocks)
- Subsidy halving after every 50k blocks until reward of 0.01 is reached were it will remain in perpituity
- ~1,000,000 CryptogenicBullion with 0.5% annual PoW inflation
- 1.5 % Annual PoS

Our completely redesigned (appearance and text) will be launched in the next few days. More information can be found at our community's central hub on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/

Thanks for your consideration. Keep up the great work at the Vault!

grunt

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:53:32 PM

Hi,
You should consider Potcoin for your exchange. It has a lively community on reddit and Facebook. The coin was minted on Jan. 21st 2014 and interest keeps growing.

For more info: www.potcoin.info

Thanks!
AdamSC1 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:55:06 PM

Hey Guys!

All the best,
Adam!

Hello Adam,
Congratulations on the new position! I would strongly suggest you have a look at Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB). CGB has been around since June of 2013, so it is clearly not a pump and dump coin that will be abandoned. CGB was designed primarily with the investor in mind. With its accelerated mining period for distribution, and fast declining inflation, CGB is now entering it’s final stage as an interest bearing, low inflation, cryptographic virtual commodity. The mining period began with a reward of 10 CGB per block and has been halving around every 30 days, until a baseline reward of 0.01 CGB per block is reached, where it will remain forever. This baseline reward will contribute only 0.5% annually to the overall inflation.

Up to 1.5% of the remaining inflation will be rewarded to the most prudent holders of CGB. To qualify for interest an investor must keep their funds unspent in their wallets for a minimum of 30 days (for 1.2% interest), and up to a maximum of 90 days (1.5% interest).

With the baseline mining reward expected to be reached within 1 year of release, and the annual inflation target of 2% fast approaching, there is no better time for the serious investor to get involved and claim a stake in this unique virtual commodity. The Vault of Satoshi would be the perfect platform for CGB to take a center stage in the crypto revolution.

CGB's specs:
- Proof of Work/Proof of Stake Hybrid
- Scrypt
- Linear difficulty retarget (every 2 blocks)
- 5 Confirms
- 60 Second block time
- 10 Bullion per block (1st 55k blocks)
- Subsidy halving after every 50k blocks until reward of 0.01 is reached were it will remain in perpituity
- ~1,000,000 CryptogenicBullion with 0.5% annual PoW inflation
- 1.5 % Annual PoS

Our completely redesigned (appearance and text) will be launched in the next few days. More information can be found at our community's central hub on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/

Thanks for your consideration. Keep up the great work at the Vault!

Thanks Elambert!

Great write up, this is certainly the type of detail and passion we like to see! Certainly some unique value there, I've added you guys to the list of coins that I should investigate! Hopefully some other people come out and speak on it's behalf as well! Rather interesting to see a hybrid coin that also has perpetual mining!

Cheers,
Adam
DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

I believe these coins are very interesting simply because they are established and have very active communities. The developers also seem to be on the ball and are always willing to further the cause for their coins. I will try to address the 3 questions as best I can and I will also send a message to baritus, defaced and Giskard to elaborate on them as they will likely be able to answer the questions better than I can.

Digitalcoin:
Q1: Inflation: Much like the Bitcoin/Litecoin model there will be a total of 144.5 Million coins. Rewards started at 20, then down to 15 and they will half every 3 years until the hard cap is reached. 40 second blocks with 15 DGC reward and a difficulty retarget every 108 blocks.

Q2: Development: This is what sets DGC apart from the rest. I would say that apart from BTC and LTC, Digitalcoin has the most active development out of any other alt coin out there. They are the first alt to have a working lightweight java client (similar to electrum) where you do not need to download the entire blockchain. This client will also directly integrate with coinmart (a brand new marketplace website). http://blockr.io offers a full set of tools to explore the digitalcoin block chain. It visualizes the transaction data, mining information, and price trends to provide useful charts and data aggregates that update live. You also have access to an extensive API. The CryptoAve exchange is in it's final stages of beta with public released scheduled this week. This exchange will allow for users to trade DGC/SRC/ARG/PPC/BTC/LTC directly to USD. An option that not many coins can have. CryptoAve will also feature a payment processor so merchants can easily accept Digitalcoin. They also an android app and multiple services and places to spend DGC. So right off the bat, it is set apart from a standard pump and dump coin that only has a wallet and is listed on an exchange.

Q3: Decentralization: It is a scrypt coin. However, Digitalcoin has also never been 51% attacked in the 8.5 months since release. This is a stat that only a select few coins can claim. Digitalcoin also uses random checkpoint blocks to ensure the validity of the blockchain (Baritus can elaborate on this).

Securecoin:
Q1: Inflation: Securecoin is a CPU only coin (much like Quark). However with a similar distribution model as Bitcoin and a fair launch. 1 minute blocks with 5 SRC rewards. Rewards half every 2.1 million blocks until the maxium of 21 million SRC are minted. It is also feature on multiple exchanges including btc38.

Q2: Development: SRC is part of the Digitalcoin family so all developments that is being done for Digitalcoin will surely be implemented to SRC shortly after. It will be a part of the CryptoAve service mentioned above, meaning conversion to fiat and payment processor.

Q3: Decentralization: Uses 6 algorithms to secure the blockchain (Grøstl, Skein, BLAKE, BLUE MIDNIGHT WISH, JH, SHA-3). Meaning you cannot currently mine with with your standard GPU, ASIC. It is strictly a CPU coin.

Franko:
Q1: Inflation: Rare coin with 0.25 block rewards occuring every 30 seconds. Block rewards half every 2.25 million blocks until a total of 11.2 million coins are minted. The kimoto gravity well has just been implemented to address difficulty adjustment.

Q2: Development: Franko has one of the most dedicated developers out there behind the coin (defaced). He is constantly promoting his coins growth and acceptance and is heavily involved with almost everything crypto related. His coin is actually supported by a few local businesses in his area. The coin is supported by multiple online merchants and gaming sites as well as local pawn shops in Atlanta. I am very impressed with development and community efforts for this coin. They also have nifty tools such as an Android wallet.

Q3: Decentralization: Scrypt Algorithm using kimoto gravity well to adjust difficulty dynamically to help secure the network and prevent abuse.

Zetacoin:
Q1: Inflation: SHA-256 coin with 30 second blocks with difficulty retargetting every 4 blocks based on the last 90 blocks. Block rewards are 1000 ZET halving every month and not dropping below 1 ZET/block. The system is inflationary, meaning that once the rewards go down to 1 ZET, they will be 1 ZET forever. So after 1 year 160 million will be mined with approx 1 million new ZET being minted every year thereafter. I'd also like to point out that at the current value, ZET has a very low daily maintenance cost for approx $250/day.

Q2: Development: Zeta also seems to have a rather active development team. They have an Android wallet and an exchange in the works. They also have the support of the NOBS community. They are currently in an acceptance phase with many merchants coming on board and starting to accept Zeta.

Q3: Decentralization: SHA-256 algorithm so would follow the same as Bitcoin I would imaging.

I'd also like to point out that none of these coins had any form of premine or instamining upon launch. They were all fair launches as far as I can tell.

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:59:29 PM

Adam, I edited my post with some additional info and link to our Marketing strategy doc. Just an FYI.
AdamSC1 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:06:50 PM

I believe these coins are very interesting simply because they are established and have very active communities. The developers also seem to be on the ball and are always willing to further the cause for their coins. I will try to address the 3 questions as best I can and I will also send a message to baritus, defaced and Giskard to elaborate on them as they will likely be able to answer the questions better than I can.

Digitalcoin:
Q1: Inflation: Much like the Bitcoin/Litecoin model there will be a total of 144.5 Million coins. Rewards started at 20, then down to 15 and they will half every 3 years until the hard cap is reached. 40 second blocks with 15 DGC reward and a difficulty retarget every 108 blocks.

Q2: Development: This is what sets DGC apart from the rest. I would say that apart from BTC and LTC, Digitalcoin has the most active development out of any other alt coin out there. They are the first alt to have a working lightweight java client (similar to electrum) where you do not need to download the entire blockchain. This client will also directly integrate with coinmart (a brand new marketplace website). http://blockr.io offers a full set of tools to explore the digitalcoin block chain. It visualizes the transaction data, mining information, and price trends to provide useful charts and data aggregates that update live. You also have access to an extensive API. The CryptoAve exchange is in it's final stages of beta with public released scheduled this week. This exchange will allow for users to trade DGC/SRC/ARG/PPC/BTC/LTC directly to USD. An option that not many coins can have. CryptoAve will also feature a payment processor so merchants can easily accept Digitalcoin. They also an android app and multiple services and places to spend DGC. So right off the bat, it is set apart from a standard pump and dump coin that only has a wallet and is listed on an exchange.

Q3: Decentralization: It is a scrypt coin. However, Digitalcoin has also never been 51% attacked in the 8.5 months since release. This is a stat that only a select few coins can claim. Digitalcoin also uses random checkpoint blocks to ensure the validity of the blockchain (Baritus can elaborate on this).

Securecoin:
Q1: Inflation: Securecoin is a CPU only coin (much like Quark). However with a similar distribution model as Bitcoin and a fair launch. 1 minute blocks with 5 SRC rewards. Rewards half every 2.1 million blocks until the maxium of 21 million SRC are minted. It is also feature on multiple exchanges including btc38.

Q2: Development: SRC is part of the Digitalcoin family so all developments that is being done for Digitalcoin will surely be implemented to SRC shortly after. It will be a part of the CryptoAve service mentioned above, meaning conversion to fiat and payment processor.

Q3: Decentralization: Uses 6 algorithms to secure the blockchain (Grøstl, Skein, BLAKE, BLUE MIDNIGHT WISH, JH, SHA-3). Meaning you cannot currently mine with with your standard GPU, ASIC. It is strictly a CPU coin.

Franko:
Q1: Inflation: Rare coin with 0.25 block rewards occuring every 30 seconds. Block rewards half every 2.25 million blocks until a total of 11.2 million coins are minted. The kimoto gravity well has just been implemented to address difficulty adjustment.

Q2: Development: Franko has one of the most dedicated developers out there behind the coin (defaced). He is constantly promoting his coins growth and acceptance and is heavily involved with almost everything crypto related. His coin is actually supported by a few local businesses in his area. The coin is supported by multiple online merchants and gaming sites as well as local pawn shops in Atlanta. I am very impressed with development and community efforts for this coin. They also have nifty tools such as an Android wallet.

Q3: Decentralization: Scrypt Algorithm using kimoto gravity well to adjust difficulty dynamically to help secure the network and prevent abuse.

Zetacoin:
Q1: Inflation: SHA-256 coin with 30 second blocks with difficulty retargetting every 4 blocks based on the last 90 blocks. Block rewards are 1000 ZET halving every month and not dropping below 1 ZET/block. The system is inflationary, meaning that once the rewards go down to 1 ZET, they will be 1 ZET forever. So after 1 year 160 million will be mined with approx 1 million new ZET being minted every year thereafter. I'd also like to point out that at the current value, ZET has a very low daily maintenance cost for approx $250/day.

Q2: Development: Zeta also seems to have a rather active development team. They have an Android wallet and an exchange in the works. They also have the support of the NOBS community. They are currently in an acceptance phase with many merchants coming on board and starting to accept Zeta.

Q3: Decentralization: SHA-256 algorithm so would follow the same as Bitcoin I would imaging.

I'd also like to point out that none of these coins had any form of premine or instamining upon launch. They were all fair launches as far as I can tell.

Great write up I'll for sure have a look at these - hadn't heard of Franko or Secure before (hard to keep up when there is new coins every day) will for sure look at these and see how much additional support they get in this thread!
AdamSC1 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Adam, I edited my post with some additional info and link to our Marketing strategy doc. Just an FYI.

Oh fantastic news! Most coins don't even have this kind of material so that's fantastic to hear! Thanks for sharing it!
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:37:07 PM

please consider Noble coin.

if you would like some more info on Noble
https://www.noblemovement.com

thank you for your consideration

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

stop adding more coins  the volume on your exchange is horrible enough , why spread the low volume between even more shit coins ?

remove quark and feathercoin

bonus tip : remove that shit banner of dogecoin and stop scaring away real investors making the whole site look like a joke.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:55:55 PM

Please take a look at Einsteinium (EMC2). It was launched on March 1st, but already seems very promising. 2% of all coins mined are automatically collected put aside for monthly donations. The Einsteinium Foundation, along with the community,will donate these coins to a project/organization which furthers science every month. The greater the price of EMC2 gets, the greater the value of the donations will be (meaning more press, as well).

<300 million coins, also.

There is also a neat feature called 'the wormhole' in which for a determined amount of time the block reward increases substantially.

Please take a look at either:

http://einsteinium.org/
or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.0

This coin is already on the following exchanges:
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_emc2
              https://www.allcoin.com/trade/emc2_btc
              https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=12
              https://pmtocoins.com/index.php?page=trade&market=43
              https://www.coinader.com/
              https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-EMC2

Check it out!
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:10:16 PM

and work on getting historical APIs for litecoin so it can be added to bitcoinwisdom.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
AdamSC1 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:10:34 PM

Please take a look at Einsteinium (EMC2). It was launched on March 1st, but already seems very promising. 2% of all coins mined are automatically collected put aside for monthly donations. The Einsteinium Foundation, along with the community,will donate these coins to a project/organization which furthers science every month. The greater the price of EMC2 gets, the greater the value of the donations will be (meaning more press, as well).

There is also a neat feature called 'the wormhole' in which for a determined amount of time the block reward increases substantially.

or

Check it out!

Thanks will have a look at it for sure, interesting to see that it's already on some exchanges after such a short time - and will for sure read up on the wormhole feature! Got to enjoy random quirks like that!

Thanks for posting this, nice to see a place with an established marketplace to use the coin and an ambassador program - we'll for sure look into if it's a viable coin to add.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:24:01 PM

I would like to add a second for Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB). It is one of the few crypto-currencies out there that can function as a store of wealth without the inflationary miner dump cutting in on your capital. Keep it on your radar because big changes are coming both fundamentally and community/marketing wise.

I would also like to add support to your Doge campaign. I think doge is one of our best hopes for widespread adoption at the moment. "Real" investors can shoot themselves in the foot if they want to stay on the sidelines because of the "unprofessional" mass appeal.

thekingjayd

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:24:29 PM

potcoin Smiley
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

or

Check it out!

Thanks will have a look at it for sure, interesting to see that it's already on some exchanges after such a short time - and will for sure read up on the wormhole feature! Got to enjoy random quirks like that!

Thanks for posting this, nice to see a place with an established marketplace to use the coin and an ambassador program - we'll for sure look into if it's a viable coin to add.

thank you,

also i personally love the idea of EMC2, i don't know if you have looked at them yet or not but Gridcoin works with the BOINC network for the advancement of scientific knowledge, if that is something you are interested in ( the advancement of the human condition) it might be something to look at. and no, i am not affiliated with either EMC2 or Gridcoin. just putting it out there.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:31:13 PM

Hey Guys!

All the best,
Adam!

Well Adam,

Are you guys supporting XRP (Ripple) trading yet?  Let me know when you do.

Thanks
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:35:23 PM

stop adding more coins  the volume on your exchange is horrible enough , why spread the low volume between even more shit coins ?

remove quark and feathercoin

bonus tip : remove that shit banner of dogecoin and stop scaring away real investors making the whole site look like a joke.

+1 I agree, totally! FTC and QRK has to go!

But I would like to see DGC or SRC, on it. Smiley

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:39:18 PM

I'd agree with DannyDisco about Franko, it's an old coin that's still used by an active community, but its trade volume is probably too low for you.
So I'll suggest AnonCoin. It ain't big right now, but I'm convinced that cryptocurrencies that makes the user truly anonymous have a great future in this era of the invasive surveillance-state.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

Great write up I'll for sure have a look at these - hadn't heard of Franko or Secure before (hard to keep up when there is new coins every day) will for sure look at these and see how much additional support they get in this thread!

Franko, SecureCoin and DigitalCoin have been around for some time now, they arrived on the scene before a lot of these recent additions, most of which appear to be created by a '$20 a go' create your own alt service.

SecureCoin is based on Quark which in turn is historically based on SIC (sifcoin) and others, importantly it just lacks Quarks massive instamine and general insanity regarding it's economy and ongoing mining rewards. Using the established Bitcoin distribution model of 7200 coins per day for the first 4 years is a well proven method of coin distribution to miners and appears to hold up quite well over time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: