Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
deky_

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:08:54 PM

Vertcoin of course ;-)

- its fair
- it has a big community (thousands on reddit and irc, 30k twitter followers)
- its here to solve problems (the asic problem)
- no premine, no instamine - just good intentions
- always in the top cryptsy volumes
- active developers

+1 here, Vertcoin has my vote Smiley

Absolutely Vertcoin, I am sure that you guys will do your research and it will be easy to spot which coins are the ones that have promising future and real potential. VTC is one of those coins, by adding it you will only benefit from it. It fulfills all the criteria that are mentioned in the first post, it's simply a good coin.

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
linuxbman

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:20:42 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Microcoin:

Algorithm: Scrypt-Jane Proof-Of-Work with modified nFactor
Block Time: 32 seconds
Max moneysupply: 100,000,000,000 MRC
No Premine

microCoin uses scrypt-jane POW mining with modified nFactor.
With the modified nFactor the coin will keep decreasing in GPU mining power
GPU mining power will slowly decrease and GPU mining will become a lot slower than it was during the start.
This period of mining overall helps close the gap between CPU and GPU mining, resulting in more profitable and fair mining rewards for CPU miners also.
GPU mining will still always be faster than CPU mining, but the modified nFactor will give microCoin more long-term scarcity and value.
microCoin aims to be a deflationary currency for investors. The microCoin dev team will set bounties and seek to make services for microCoin.
microCoin can equally be used as a long-term trading instrument for investors as well as a currency for shops, games and any other services.
The settings given at launch are most likely not the final specifications, since they can and most likely will be changed with a hardfork later on to add or change values.
microCoin will always be open to suggestions and will be modified based on popular requests.
All changes will be notified long beforehand and the safety of investors is always a primary concern.

I also vote for Potcoin, and again surprised no one mentioned; Darkcoin.
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:23:29 PM

Thanks for the detailed writeup noerc! Things like that really help give us the kind of insights we need!

We were going to launch Vertcoin sometime this month, but decided to wait until we launch our full coin-to-coin suite which is still under going further development and testing. Since we've already done the initial background work for Vertcoin I can tell you that it (along with Auroracoin) are the next two coins that will be for sure appearing on our exchange; and we thank the Vertcoin community for their support and interest in joining the VoS family! We're pretty excited for that launch!

Right now we are looking for other coins to launch with that update as well!
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:28:44 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Microcoin:

Algorithm: Scrypt-Jane Proof-Of-Work with modified nFactor
Block Time: 32 seconds
Max moneysupply: 100,000,000,000 MRC
No Premine

I am also surprised no one mentioned Microcoin.
Very innovative coin, distinguishable and unique from the scrypt-clone bunch.
ASUC proof, very well written and maintained, however very little promoted.
Probably the most underrated coin at the moment.

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:33:49 PM

Vertcoin of course ;-)

- its fair
- it has a big community (thousands on reddit and irc, 30k twitter followers)
- its here to solve problems (the asic problem)
- no premine, no instamine - just good intentions
- always in the top cryptsy volumes
- active developers

+1 here, Vertcoin has my vote Smiley

Absolutely Vertcoin, I am sure that you guys will do your research and it will be easy to spot which coins are the ones that have promising future and real potential. VTC is one of those coins, by adding it you will only benefit from it. It fulfills all the criteria that are mentioned in the first post, it's simply a good coin.
Vertcoin será una gran moneda https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0
TboneTynman

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:35:32 PM

Micro Coin and POT coin please.
pixmo

Activity: 476

Ⓘ♡฿

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:40:44 PM

Preminecoin (PMC) please  Smiley
xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:47:16 PM

VTC will be great!
tabjohn

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

TABJOHN

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:06:26 PM

VTC

TABJOHN
nasone32

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:08:02 PM

we want vertcoin!
digitalixz

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

MRC - microcoin
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

Adam, congrats with the appointment. Enjoy every bit of it.

Please consider to add FastCoin (FST) to your exchange. This is why: http://youtu.be/Og1tO1BrSB4

Thanks for your time.
MichBjukenon

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:26:52 PM

VTC !!!
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

Please consider adding Mintcoin to the Vault of Satoshi as it is extremely marketable and has great potential to be mass marketed. I have been getting friends and family to buy quite a bit but unfortunately it is still difficult for them to purchase since they usually have to buy Bitcoins first then go to an exchange and buy Mintcoins. I have been purchasing Mintcoins for my family and friends then sending to them but if a company like yours was to accept Mintcoin it would make life alot easier for me and I'm sure your company would profit. Please also take a look at the popularity of this coin already as can be seen on places such as facebooks cryptocurrency collectors club page and you will get an idea of its growth potential Along with the growing list of Merchants that accept Mintcoin as payment.

+1 vote for Mintcoin! Smiley
DjNorad

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:33:59 PM

MRC / Microcoin...

no premine, very fair start, fast transactions, scrypt-jane --> asic proof, nFactor

started in mid january

and of course still one of the most strongly undervalued and underestimated Coins out there actually....
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

I would highly recommend Mintcoin be added to VoS. It is a very fresh new idea in altcoins and has a growing community behind it. Mintcoin currently is traded on twenty different exchanges, has been implemented into all platforms of Moolah, and has a growing number of online retailers and service providers that accept mintcoin as payment.

I have spent quite a bit of time getting friends and family involved with Mintcoin, but as another person stated, there is the problem of acquiring BTC first, then trading for Mint. This increases the confusion level of a lot of people, but if they were able to just transfer fiat from their bank, this would make it so much more simple.

The one thing with Mintcoin that really stands out to me, is the PoS rate of return, this is a big bonus and selling feature to anyone looking to get into altcoins that does not have a mining rig, or the money to buy one.  
XBATTO

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:39:45 PM

I would really like to see Vertcoin on VoS
I like the professionalism of it.
einsteinium

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:47:14 PM

Did anyone mention EMC2?  Grin

This coin is poised for success. 2% of every blocked mined will go directly to fund worthy scientific projects around the globe. The foundation, while it will have members from all around the world it will be an official NPO registered in Canada.

Please consider EMC2 as I feel its a great fit with V.O.S.

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
vossen

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

I'd like to vote for Darkcoin and Vertcoin. Darkcoin, because it offers better anonymity. Vertcoin, because it is the most ASIC resistent coin, and has a means of preventing the development of ASIC's in the future. I think that gives it long term potential.

Third, although it isn't released yet, it would be great to have Zerocoin added when it gets released in May. It will offer even better anonymity than Darkcoin, and Zerocoin has been in development for quite a long time now, with many very talented developers. There has been a lot of buzz around it for a good year now.
mikey2011

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

Digitalcoin, Argentum and Securecoin would be great!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: