Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:02:51 PM

Just a comment on VoS. I've been with them for months now and these guys are solid.

Support messages returned within 15-20 minutes, speedy withdrawals (I use the cheque method).
Just had to put that out there. Smiley

Hi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LosingAlpha

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:06:33 PM

Mint for sure.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

nxt

xsedivy

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:30:04 PM

Darkcoin
Standhaft

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:37:58 PM

Lately it has dawned on me that bitcoin could become a tool for control in some dystopian future, and not the brave new technology to free us from the tyranny of governments and central banks.

The open ledger, lack of fungibility and lack of anonymity in bitcoin point to a future in which private finances could become  an impossibility in a world where everybody's money is held in the clear and visible to all members of the network and governments.

Disturbing calls from some members of the bitcoin community for government regulation only prove that bitcoin is losing its way. Seeking validation from the very same institutions the bitcoin protocol was designed to flout only means it will ultimately be co-opted by those same institutions, any vestiges of its former glory stripped away. Government regulation is anathema to the cypherpunks and to the spirit in which Satoshi created the bitcoin protocol.

Even if it were possible to add strong anonymity to bitcoin, the core developers are understandably nervous about adding features to a currency which is still seeking acceptance. Now that governments are getting involved it is a moot point. Adding anonymity to bitcoin simply will not be permitted by governments.

Pseudo-anonymity means nothing. You're anonymous or you're not. Pseudo-anaonymity is a broken promise, a crumbling cookie. Thus bitcoin falls short of its ambition to become digital cash.

Hence… DarkCoin.

DarkCoin is what bitcoin was meant to be. "DarkCoin is digital cash."

Darkcoin is the spirit of Satoshi and belongs in his vault.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this vitally important evolution in crypto-currency.

Darkness hides things and some things are not for the seeing. Anonymity and darkness share this quality. Some people fear anonymity. To them it brings lawlessness,  zero accountability and anarchy. These people are ants.

We are grasshoppers.

Couldn't agree more.

Cryptomoney should not be able to be tracked so easily like it is at the moment. Or would you like it, if anyone would be able to go through bank accounts and see where the money goes to even if the owner is not known by name? I certainly do not want that.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:38:42 PM

i thought VoS said you guys were going to add nxt? i have been waiting for a long time! what happened?

I started out my crypto journey with you guys because i believed you guys and yous had a fantastic service compared with others, and now my account is empty, its just waiting to deposit some nxt.

Please implement nxt. im waiting still.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:55:24 PM

* We like coins that have a unique value proposition and aren't just a raw clone

** Darkcoin fits this very well. In fact, other coins are now cloning Darkcoin's energy saving algo.

* (unless they have a fantastic community behind them)

** Check. Great community that help each other, newbies, the development team and other coins - flaws in KGW were fixed with a new feature and other coins were alerted to the problem and the fix.

* or obviously coins with a fair volume.

** Steady volume. Many supporters holding knowing the implementation of DarkSend will get the press talking and will attract new holders. A discussion about zerocash from zerocoin vs. darkcoin vs. stealth addresses vs. dark wallet vs. lack of privacy from the blockchain will be a big feature in the press moving forward from April.

* So when you request a coin let me know why you think it's unique

** The only coin to address anonymity by avoiding routing through third-party services such as Tor. The anonymity is built into the users wallet which means mom, pop and grandma 2.0 can use the service to send and receive private transactions. The decentralized dream of Satoshi is maintained while adding privacy.

** Bitcoin users can interact with Darkcoin to break links with the blockchain while maintain their bitcoin bias.

** through Vault of Satoshi adding a variety of coin-coin options, many other coins can interact with Darkcoin to access anonymity, while maintaining their own alt-coin bias. This means plenty of exchanges.

* why you think it's going places and where it is at right now! Quite a few times we've been the first exchange to adopt smaller coins for direct fiat trade and we've found that's always helped their communities flourish!

** Easy to access anonymity is one of the big ambitions of crypto that is yet to be delivered. With anonymity comes internet cash for the masses. Darkcoin is a number two market cap play behind Bitcoin because it gives a route to true internet cash, as well as enhancing Bitcoin and every other alt-coin. Darkcoin will find it difficult to gain access to point of sale terminals in stores over the medium term. So Darkcoin is a catalyst to further Bitcoin growth not a competitor to its leading market position.

For these reasons, Darkcoin.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:56:42 PM

Add Nxt please, want to buy Nxt with USD.
wationg

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:59:23 PM

I'm afraid the mintcoins will continue to fall!! Embarrassed
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

DIEM Please

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:43:41 PM

Update From OP:

Thanks for all this great feedback folks!

We're going to keep this discussion going until the end of the week and after that we'll wrap it up and move it to internal discussions!

Reach out to your communities and encourage them to get involved in this discussion as well! We're excited by all the involvement and interest we've seen so far and are getting some great feedback!

Cheers,
Adam
(adam@vaultofsatoshi.com)
1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:58:04 PM

I'd like to suggest NobleCoin.

Why?
Because the developers actually look at the currency as a product and run it as a business. The way it is run, is to create a stable and evolving grow path for NobleCoin. It regards the usage of NobleCoin via buying things, to be its prime target for the near future. Its community does not challenge this future as they share the same ideas which have created a foundation for something that is bigger than NobleCoin itself.
So having said that, adding NobleCoin to VoS will help strengthen NobleCoin but will not be NobleCoins only goal.

Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:07:49 PM

DIEM Please
DIEM very high Volume, should add it.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:24:06 PM

NobleCoin should most definitely be looked at and added to VoS. I've been an active user of your service since 2013 Adam being as I am from Canada and can't praise it enough. Here's the thing. NobleCoin should hands down be the next coin you add. It has real world value. From it's marketplace with gift cards for sites like Amazon, Newegg and Steam... to soon adding the option to buy precious metals such as silver and gold bullion.

Following up on the name Noble? It has already donated $5000 cash to providing clean drinking water to people in Africa. On top of this the development team is led by one of the most active and transparent developers I've seen in the altcoin market who has hit marketing from every avenue... even using some of the premine to sponsor an esports organization. All the things I've listed above have really made NobleCoin a long term financial investment for me rather than your typical p&d coin that you really have no interest in keeping for longer than a week.  It's the clear winner and in my eyes the most undervalued altcoin out there. I see it out performing any other in 2014.

Just to expand on my comment posted earlier, NobleCoin is going to be adding Precious Metals to their marketplace in the near future. Like I said, real world value, long term growth.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522238.0
Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:26:56 PM

The one coin that hasn't made the post yet that should is YACoin http://yacoin.org

Why is it unique?
It was the first coin lauched to use scrypt-chacha and an increasing N-Factor - This is the litecoin of the scrypt-chacha world, where microcoin, ultracoin (et. al.) are the "me-too" clones like feathercoin and dogecoin.  Additionally, YACoin implements the Hybrid POW/POS model established by Novacoin, with some additional work to attempt to prevent POS orphaning POW blocks.  Lastly, the the block reward is variable, based on the coin difficulty.  As the N-Factor for the POW algorithm increases, the network hashrate goes down by half (or more), so too does the difficulty.  The maximum block reward is capped at 100 coins per block, and the current reward is ~44 YAC/block.

Where is it right now?
YACoin was launched in May, 2013.  It has seen a stable network since that time, and has had one hard fork to address the POS orphaning POW block problem.  YACoin is currently at N-Factor 14 (N=32768, or 4 MB per calculation), and normalizing the network hashrate relative to N=1024, is over 100 MH/sec.  The current network hashrate is considered high when you take into account the speed of the average GPU miner is under 2KH/sec.  On the mining front, mining is not limited to high end, high wattage cards, and very respectable hashrates can be achieved by sub $100 GPU's that consume lass than 30 watts of power.  There is active work ongoing for the Wallet, as well as AMD, nVidia, and CPU miners.

Where is it going?
YACoin is the trailblazer of the N-Factor coins.  It was the first to utilize an N of 2048 (doubling scrypt's memory requirement) in July 2013.  On May 31st, 2014, YACoin will be the first and only coin being mined with an N-Factor of 15.  As N increases, the difficulty in setting up a GPU miner becomes more difficult for the inexperienced.  To that end, GPU mining software is being improved to make this process much more simplified, with the ideal goal of the software determining the best settings for the card.  Along with the improvements to the GPU miner, the gap between CPU hashing and GPU hashing narrows, bringing the viability of CPU mining back into play.  While no coin can claim long term immunity to ASIC's, the schedule of the NFactor increases is rapid enough that the financial viability of an ASIC targeted specifically at the coin should not be economically feasible.

Why should you add YACoin
There are so many alternative coins in existence today, so adding each and every coin is not a reasonable endeavor.  YACoin has good technology, a proven track record, and a great wallet and mining software.  What it really lacks is visibility and accessibility.  Not everyone wants to be a coin miner, and this hurts the coin because it is only on two exchanges.  YACoin could really benefit from a wider audience and more acceptance.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

NobleCoin,
Because it has one of the most dedicated and professional developers I've seen here,
And because the great community behind it.

Please add NobleCoin  Tongue
scorpty

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:38:57 PM

+1 for Digitalcoin...
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:47:06 PM

My vote is for MINTCoin.
A high volume coin, cheap, that can reach everyone with tips and stuff. Also the large hoarders of mint get so many as POS interest that they are devouting that extra into new projects and spreading the freshness.
Also, Moolah.io works with MINT, was their choice after BTC,LTC,DOGE and Vert. That should mean something...

This space is for lease, apparently.
GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:54:12 PM

DOGE
NXT
XRP
MINT
BC
C2