Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is more scary...  (Read 734 times)
swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:30:25 PM

Yes, it is quite dangerous to enter into a deal when it is not clear where the coin can go next. It is better to protect yourself and buy only when you are confident in such a transaction.
boris1044

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:35:08 PM

I fear market manipulation aka Pump and Dump.

Pump and dump is a form of microcap fraud in which the price of an asset, often of low market cap and share volume, is manipulated by a group of coordinated actors through a series of high-volume purchases.

This artificially inflated demand triggers a dramatic increase in the price of the aforementioned asset, and is often accompanied by an influx of unknowing investors who are unaware of the manipulated nature of the spike. Often this phase is augmented through the proliferation of misleading positive statements or recommendations by experts, further driving casual traders to market.

Ultimately, the perpetrators dump their shares, flooding the market and overwhelming organic demand. At this point the share price of the asset plummets, leaving ordinary investors holding now heavily devalued shares.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:53:52 PM

Yes, it is quite dangerous to enter into a deal when it is not clear where the coin can go next. It is better to protect yourself and buy only when you are confident in such a transaction.
if we are talking about deals with altcoins then here you can not be 100% sure never. there is a stop loss for this. if the coin goes the wrong way, then you do not lose 50 percent but lose a small amount

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 08:59:34 PM

You already have a strong foundation and strategy to make the best use of opportunities.  The importance of understanding fundamental and technical analysis, so that we have control, so as not to get stuck in an unfortunate situation.  the price drops can only be a correction, do a maximum analysis, do not miss the moment.
The thing I fear the most is a prediction that misses.  We all know that cryptocurrency is very volatile.  Inappropriate analysis, which leads to loss, this often makes me stressed and my trading mentality is a bit chaotic.  It takes some time to restore confidence.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 09:40:49 PM

You can still maneuver your way no matter how the market is manipulated, but for dump, I have seen the worse scenarios, most especially the ones I do not pray to experience again. So, talking about which is scary, from my own perspective, it is dump.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:07:25 PM

Am force to ask you how long you learnt trading before getting involved, it comes with its own risks which must be accepted in good faith while applying all skills to avoid them. Both of the factors you mentioned are feared by almost all traders because they can happen anytime which is why a good trader knows when to exit a trade with or without profit and if care is not taken might get trapped. Therefore, both are scary none is bigger than the other.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:35:55 PM

Almost the same as you, I'm always afraid to get stuck on FOMO which is too proud of good news that makes us panic instantly if the news just makes some hike and plunges in the way.
Not only that down trend that prolonged makes us very difficult to take profit because we are in the trigger to be more patient from time to time.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:44:25 PM

I was just thinking, when I read your post, isn't we fear about losing all our funds? Market manipulation in the first place exists and that is related to the price dumps of coins whenever they wanted to. Since there is always a way not to be liquidated in our trades or not to lose all our fund, it did not fear me at all.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:01:54 AM

Well, typically a dump is due to manipulation, so in a way it's best to be scared of both of them. If referring to price retracement, that's normal ... but that's kind of like a baby-sized dump.

I suppose I'd be more afraid of dumps than manipulation though, as I just assume the entire market is manipulated. And it's possible to time sells before a manipulated dump occurs (as it's typically preceded by a pump). Just a flat out dump ... such as if a dev leaves a coin, or something similar, that's sometimes really difficult to predict.
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:29:45 AM

I was just thinking, when I read your post, isn't we fear about losing all our funds? Market manipulation in the first place exists and that is related to the price dumps of coins whenever they wanted to. Since there is always a way not to be liquidated in our trades or not to lose all our fund, it did not fear me at all.
for those who are experienced like you and understand the risks and investment opportunities of crypto will not be surprised by the pump and dump situation. although there is likely to be 0 for some of the investment assets that we see in the market. but as long as we can choose the right assets and a little risk will be safe.

yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:33:09 AM

I think both of them are just as scary as manipulation and dumps can make us lose a lot. therefore I always educate myself not to be greedy when the coins I hold have increased 50% I will sell them and take profits. so that if a dump occurs I won't lose much because I have already made a profit. fluctuating cryptocurrency can provide benefits but can also provide losses so we must be good at seeing every opportunity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 06:35:12 AM

Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

how about you guys? which makes you scared?
The price will dump because of market manipulation, so that is just the same for me, both are scary and we can never control the market. We lose funds because of those two reasons and prices are dumping because of market manipulation so they are just connected. We cannot control our fear but we can still lessen ours loses if we know how to manage our capital.
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:31:26 PM

There is no need to be afraid of manipulations, you should always know about them and understand what risks there are. For example bitmex with its candles often makes your transactions unprofitable. In general, trading cryptocurrencies is very risky because trading methods like the stock market do not always work here.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:39:32 PM

There is no need to be afraid of manipulations, you should always know about them and understand what risks there are. For example bitmex with its candles often makes your transactions unprofitable. In general, trading cryptocurrencies is very risky because trading methods like the stock market do not always work here.

We should practice to able read the market manipulator movement and we can follow the wave when they're moving. Because every market has their own whales to control the price moreover market with low volume and we have to read their movement so we don't get trapped
pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:59:40 PM

Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

Partly both the things are unpleasant I often encounter when people complain about market, market makers and so forth. Let us assume that market makers are unfair. Are we (as investors) able to revenge them? Probably not. Generally I would not recommend somebody to revenge because usually revenge devastates an initiator. What about market makers, they are qualified market participants and that is why they usually score vs regular investors.
crisanto01

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 04:28:26 PM

We should practice to able read the market manipulator movement and we can follow the wave when they're moving. Because every market has their own whales to control the price moreover market with low volume and we have to read their movement so we don't get trapped

That is a must if we really wanted to trade and to invest in cryptocurrency, as there's a lot of manipulator out there that will do everything just for them to get hype.

For me, the scariest thing aside from that crypto will be gone, I am also scared when Satoshi will sold all of its Bitcoin, in that moment, the Bitcoin will dumped that hard and I doubt if there's still someone who will trust to invest.
naikturun

Activity: 1190
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 04:59:03 PM

these two things are a bit like manipulation aimed at raising and lowering the price of a coin, while the dump is obvious to lower the price of the coin.
So the scariest is the dump.
While the manipulation of some people may be able to take chances and get profit from the price volatility of a coin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 08:02:14 AM

Hi all...

I'm not scared by either market manipulation or coin dumps because i did the right examine before choosing my coin and if an occasion where the coin experience manipulation or dump happen is just for sometime.
Concern the OP question, i believe coin dump is the most fearful because coin usually experience significant downtrend in price when it happen and there's usually nothing to proof the cause of it. Besides, it another it may be because the coin is about to exit the market.

huige007

Activity: 887

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 11:56:26 AM

Hi all...

Partly both the things are unpleasant I often encounter when people complain about market, market makers and so forth. Let us assume that market makers are unfair. Are we (as investors) able to revenge them? Probably not. Generally I would not recommend somebody to revenge because usually revenge devastates an initiator. What about market makers, they are qualified market participants and that is why they usually score vs regular investors.

The only way to take revenge is by not investing into that project any further and warn others with your words at a large scale. This, in my opinion is not revenge but a punishment to the fakers for playing with trusts of innocent people. In order to keep yourself safe from such incidents, the best way is to invest in renowned coins like bitcoin or ethereum. At least, the fear of FOMOs gets eradicated.
traducteurTor

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 12:00:04 PM

Hello. both are scary but I think market manipulation is more scary. Investors are losing a lot since popular. Pouring coins can still save but manipulate the market, then surely you are on the verge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: