Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term hodl ! What a joke  (Read 1515 times)
red4slash

Activity: 1288
Merit: 424

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:11:50 PM

I do not hold for long anyway which is a personal choice unless it's a very genuine project that maybe dumped on me I will hold it so as to recover back but if it's all these altcoins out there without future I prefer day trading with them.
doing hold must be based on coins that are held too, we cannot hold with coins that cannot develop because it will just spend time. so when doing a hold you must understand the coins that you hold so that when doing a hold we do not hesitate

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:16:49 PM

sometimes someone is sure of the hold that they think will secure their assets. but if holding for too long will also affect existing assets, so maybe I think now if you look at market conditions, we don't have to hold it for too long or we will be bored with our unstable profits
Yes, holding assets for too long will obviously bore us in monitoring the market, because market conditions are always changing so that the value of our assets is also unstable when market conditions change suddenly.
Earning money can never ever be fun and we all do it because there is no other option to survive. Even if the market bores us, we still have to do out job as this is real life. The only way to avoid boredom is to do what you love and to love what you do. Besides, if the coin being held is bitcoin, then it is impossible to feel done with crypto currencies. Volatility and instability is what keeps thrill in this market.
Earning money with holding is funny because we can earn much profit with some altcoin can increase to higher price, but have many cases with altcoin become lower price after holding in long term. for me keep selling altcoin after raised profit without holding for long term because get many bad experience with holding coin have lower price.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:23:41 PM

I do not hold for long anyway which is a personal choice unless it's a very genuine project that maybe dumped on me I will hold it so as to recover back but if it's all these altcoins out there without future I prefer day trading with them.
doing hold must be based on coins that are held too, we cannot hold with coins that cannot develop because it will just spend time. so when doing a hold you must understand the coins that you hold so that when doing a hold we do not hesitate

therefore having knowledge is the most important thing for holding long term, because not all coins have good potential for a long time. with us knowing the background of the coin from the project being developed, then at least it will make us have our own predictions about holding for a long time or only for a short time

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:36:42 PM

Let's take the next situation, let say you buy 100 bitcoin then price for 1 bitcoin was 5 usd and hold until now and sell now, you make a good profit isn't it? Or let say you buy 100 Eth when pirce for 1 Ethereum was 9 usd and sell now, you still make profit or no?

Good analogy but then someone who bought bitcoin at $20k may not agree with you because his angle of investment has been bad. So it's a game of perspectives. However, I still believe that with all the positive on going activities around bitcoin and cryptocurrency, we have not see the top of bitcoin yet. This is the conviction of investing in bitcoin and why many people are not pressing the panic button yet.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 04:14:13 PM

Yesterday I came across a piece of news which claimed that the total amount of BTC lying in the exchange hot wallets is at an all time high amount. Now this is not good news for those who are planning to hold their coins for long term. The chances of whales dumping huge amounts of coins in the cryptocurrency markets are increasing with every passing month.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 05:37:13 PM

Why do you refuse to face the reality of the present state of the crypto market? I always laugh when I see people still talking about long term hodl when the reality is staring us in the face. Don't be a fool, only the smart are leading the race in the crypto sphere of today. Why do you decide to hodl when you know that the price may dump? Why not sell at the peak and then you can buy back at the bottom. The race is not to the fool but to the wise. Selling at the peak and buying back at bottom is wisdom but holding at the peak expecting a magic spike is foolishness. Bull run is not here yet, do not expect a magic spike. When the bull run is here, you don't need a prophet to tell you that. Be smart.

Well, why is a long-term hold immediately bad? I believe that buying and holding cryptocurrency to its peak is easier than buying and selling it regularly, while still feeling indignant every time you bet. In other words, you offer to take risks every time you can just wait for the next growth and sell where it will be profitable for you. Of course, everyone decides for himself here, but how many have you seen now who successfully earn by buying and selling cryptocurrency daily?
romanij

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 08:52:15 PM

Yesterday I came across a piece of news which claimed that the total amount of BTC lying in the exchange hot wallets is at an all time high amount. Now this is not good news for those who are planning to hold their coins for long term. The chances of whales dumping huge amounts of coins in the cryptocurrency markets are increasing with every passing month.
The news is that for a very long period of time it was noticed that 11.58 million bitcoins did not leave their wallets during the last year. That is, a huge number of people really believe in this industry and understand what will happen in the future. Even if the main amount of these bitcoins lies on the wallets of whales it makes us think that it is not necessary to sell your bitcoins.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 10:51:11 PM

The news is that for a very long period of time it was noticed that 11.58 million bitcoins did not leave their wallets during the last year. That is, a huge number of people really believe in this industry and understand what will happen in the future. Even if the main amount of these bitcoins lies on the wallets of whales it makes us think that it is not necessary to sell your bitcoins.
Yes, they are doing this for they believe that it works fine and profitable in the coming years.
But what the sense if we just keep it holding cause this is not a way to help the market grow. Users are needing today not holders for we know that Bitcoin isn't just an investment but it is a currency instead that supposedly we have to use it every day.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2019, 02:51:55 AM

therefore having knowledge is the most important thing for holding long term, because not all coins have good potential for a long time. with us knowing the background of the coin from the project being developed, then at least it will make us have our own predictions about holding for a long time or only for a short time
knowledge is very important but it is not always the key to success. there are many other things that can change the situation very quickly. The most important thing is to always know about events that occur on the market or inside the campaign in which you invest. it will help you always avoid unpleasant situations
The combination of trading skills and knowledge is essential to understand the market moves and analyze the market patterns properly with a clear mind. The unpleasant situations occur in bear markets and nothing will help the trader to get rid of losing trading positon. Inside information is illegal to use in financial markets and the fines can eat the profit + total balance if you think about it.
But on the other hand if you fall short in terms of trading skills or can’t monitor the prices from time to time then long term hodl would be a better choice. It is not a joke if you think about it but rather it is a matter of convenience along with your skills. Sometimes it is much safer to do long term hodl especially if the coin would have a good future like Bitcoin and ETH as an example or any other crypto that you believe so along with the factual data that you had gathered but I prefer the OP’s suggestion tho.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:56:46 AM

Yes, they are doing this for they believe that it works fine and profitable in the coming years.
But what the sense if we just keep it holding cause this is not a way to help the market grow. Users are needing today not holders for we know that Bitcoin isn't just an investment but it is a currency instead that supposedly we have to use it every day.
when we hold it, there are more people who sell, and they are the ones who are lucky, because after that the price goes down and we keep holding it in. when the price goes down, the investor who starts selling enters the market to make a purchase, and the price goes up. from here we can calculate which is more profitable

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2019, 03:33:20 AM

Long time invest planing here you can follow us, explain when bitcoin price 7000$ then you can buy 20-30 BTC and take still long time holding. After moment later when bitcoin price going up 12000$ then you can sell and keep more profits.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 04:55:13 AM

Crypto invest was able to change many people's life because of long term hodl, those who have no coins to sell in 2017 all missed out, they are people like you who always thought that taking out profits is the best, they don't bother to hold because of what they belief in, i take out profits too but i have coins i am holding for long term

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 05:55:50 AM

Types of Hodlers from my observation:
  • Those who just came in and never really experienced a 90% market crash (newbies)
  • Those who refuse to sell because they re at an extreme loss. They chose to hodl and wait or hope
  • Those who bought at floor prices and continues to accumulate at cheap. They're not really bothered with the price fluctuations.

There is really no need for you to mock those who choose to hodl. Each have their chosen strategy and you should not force them to follow your views or opinions. Be smart and mind your own investments.
What you say is true. Everyone has their own strategies and reasons for doing things, and I don't think there is anything wrong while they are comfortable doing it, whether in the end they will get the loss and the failure itself will get the results. As long as they feel they can make profits in the long run or can make profits by trading, both are things that can be done by everyone and everyone can choose what suits them.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 09:54:15 AM

Why do you refuse to face the reality of the present state of the crypto market? I always laugh when I see people still talking about long term hodl when the reality is staring us in the face. Don't be a fool, only the smart are leading the race in the crypto sphere of today. Why do you decide to hodl when you know that the price may dump? Why not sell at the peak and then you can buy back at the bottom. The race is not to the fool but to the wise. Selling at the peak and buying back at bottom is wisdom but holding at the peak expecting a magic spike is foolishness. Bull run is not here yet, do not expect a magic spike. When the bull run is here, you don't need a prophet to tell you that. Be smart.

In my opinion, long term hold can apply to some coins, not all coins. For example BNB Coin, I think investors get huge profits if they hold for the long term and are proven from the price below $ 1 when the ICO and now it's above $ 15 even the highest price of $ 30. Long term hold can be profitable if we choose the right coin

SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 10:17:01 AM

Your suggestion is interesting, for me Long term is a hold coin that has a rating of 1-10 is good for the long term

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 01:01:04 PM

Sad but it is true that holding long term people is not getting profit in crypto. What happened with 2018 holders will never be forgotten! I stopped holding rather I do trade and signature campaign. I am very happy with the cash money! 

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Ranly123

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

That's why it's called long term because you don't mind leaving your coin for years until there is evident profit. I don't think it's a joke since I have proven it for years. But I guess, those weak hands can say it's a joke since they can't hold for long and only want an instant profit right from the get go.

daniel002
Copper Member

Activity: 382
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:04:45 PM

Arguably the best benefit of this strategy though is the fact that you’ll pay a reduced tax rate. Every time you exchange one cryptocurrency for another it is a taxable event. Any gain that you have made must be reported, and the government will expect you to pay taxes on it. However, there is special treatment for long-term capital gains, and as a long-term holder, you can take advantage of this.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 10:19:30 PM

Long term hodl is not a joke
It all depends on the type of hodler that you are

Do you hold tokens just for hodl sake ? Or because you have detailed facts About it progressing ?
Figure that out
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 10:46:55 PM

I admit I made a mistake at peak since I didn't sell everything I have which until I still hold, but I would not call myself foolish as in overall I still made a good profit investing in crypto, my mistake gives me a learning experience so I will make sure I would do better next time.

No one can ascertain that all their holdings will give profit, maybe some are destine to be  shitcoins but at least in overall we are profitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: