Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term hodl ! What a joke  (Read 1515 times)
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:31:02 AM

Long term holding still work but only for a very few coins and if one is lucky to hold any of them, you will surely smile. I have of a coin that has done x72 this year even with the current market situation and those holding the coin since the beginning of this year are now in real money.
only on major coins this case could work. For altcoin that have no potency it will die in near future. That your lucky if gain 72x times for coins, its very rare to find it. If we want to hold our portofolio for long time , maybe bitcoin be our first choice, and for alternative we could pick eth , ripple and also binance coin.  Hopefully in near time will occur good projects that will give us gain and make our trust to this market recovered.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:41:36 AM

Why do you refuse to face the reality of the present state of the crypto market? I always laugh when I see people still talking about long term hodl when the reality is staring us in the face. Don't be a fool, only the smart are leading the race in the crypto sphere of today. Why do you decide to hodl when you know that the price may dump? Why not sell at the peak and then you can buy back at the bottom. The race is not to the fool but to the wise. Selling at the peak and buying back at bottom is wisdom but holding at the peak expecting a magic spike is foolishness. Bull run is not here yet, do not expect a magic spike. When the bull run is here, you don't need a prophet to tell you that. Be smart.
Yes, hopefully this will be communicated to new people as soon as possible. Many people believe in the enticements of scammers and spend all their money to buy shitcoins and hold in the long run. I myself have encountered similar cases and lost over $ 20k for bullshit whitepaper and roadmap. Besides, for the crypto market, nothing is real. All is manipulation and money laundering, long-term hold only dead road.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:43:23 AM

Any way you want to hold is fine, either long term or short term hold all you have to be careful about is useless coins and tokens that have no real use case, they keep coming in to deceive new investors and rob them of their funds but who are to be blame? the investors, they do half research on projects
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:44:22 AM

Long term hodl is not a joke but if you bought in the bull run as a higher price then yes , the pressure you're having could last 2-3 years and I can understand that from that view , holding looks like a joke but if you bought in the bear market you just need to have patience and the results will come. I like how anytime the markets goes bloody, everyone starts to panic and question themselves if they did the right decision investing into cryptocurrencies so just have a break , forget about coins and come back in 2021.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:46:43 AM

If you choose the right coins and make long-term investments, you can make very serious profits.4-5 years ago, investors who invested long-term in coins such as Bitcoin and ethereum are examples of this situation and they made great profits.

In addition, the strategy of selling that coin when the price of a coin reaches its peak and then buying it again when the price falls, does not always work. Because contrary to your opinion, coin price may continue to increase at the point where you expect the price to fall. In the crypto world where sudden and rapid changes can occur, it is very difficult to know the exact peak point of the coin.
armanda90

Activity: 994
Merit: 552

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:55:27 AM

I think if we hold long term in bitcoin and come back in 2021,it still allows us to get high profits.
Because in 2021 bitcoin will hardfork and allow prices to the moon,but for other altcoins it's not recommended to hold long term.I only believe in bitcoin!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:58:36 AM

I believe long term hold will only work when one can accumulate at deeps and average the buying price.
Also in this cryptoworld, no long term stability is available as technology is changing day by day and to adapt it, many times token swap happens. If we dont keep ourselves then there is a risk of getting all your holding obsolete.

kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 08:10:07 AM

Why do you refuse to face the reality of the present state of the crypto market? I always laugh when I see people still talking about long term hodl when the reality is staring us in the face. Don't be a fool, only the smart are leading the race in the crypto sphere of today. Why do you decide to hodl when you know that the price may dump? Why not sell at the peak and then you can buy back at the bottom. The race is not to the fool but to the wise. Selling at the peak and buying back at bottom is wisdom but holding at the peak expecting a magic spike is foolishness. Bull run is not here yet, do not expect a magic spike. When the bull run is here, you don't need a prophet to tell you that. Be smart.
I'm personally HODL for long term, I know my assets always lost in bearish market, but I also buy some crypto in that situation because I didn't put all money on the cryptcocurrency and I also have a jobs, if dump, IMO this is time to buy, and if PUMP, this is time to sell a few crypto (not all). I believe cryptocurrency still in the begining, and it will be growing like an Internet before, when I was junior school, I never think Internet will be important like now, as for cryptocurrency, I believe it will changes the world, with cryptocurrency, transaction will be transparent, fast, safe, cheap, and easy to use without complicated. Not only in transaction, because blockchain technology can also implemented in other aspect, let's see who innovative people in the near future to create new concept based blockchain technology..
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:19:10 AM

it's about trust, do you not see the history of the price? the lowest price then goes to the highest price and it keeps repeating it. the current situation indeed tends to decrease, and that's normal,. next year there is a big event of course prices will rise again don't worry. I still believe that the next few years are still good to hold.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:22:53 AM

This is very common and only the sheep will lose money on shitcoin. One thing that is very dangerous for new entrants is that they are quite greedy and have no knowledge of crypto. Those bad things have led them to speculate on shitcoins and expect something far from a fraudulent CEO.
I write these words just hoping that new people don't get too greedy for this manipulative and fraudulent market. Be wise and make money with what you know.

BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:59:33 AM

actually, they don't know whether prices will go down or up. but, sometimes they just think that the price will go down, because they still hold it.
if you predict something, then you will not make a sale, or purchase if it is still uncertain. however, people sometimes have withholding their assets that they have accumulated for a long time, so selling them just because they think the price will dump seems silly. in general, I hold bitcoin and altcoin, and I'm sure the price will go up and down in the future. it's easy to predict, but we can't determine when that time will occur.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:39:58 AM

I think long term holding is a good strategy, but it has drawbacks. I think that you need to hold one part of the cryptocurrency and use the other part for trading.
I think every type of financial investment has a drawback. But hodling for a long time has huge drawback. Nobody can predict future movements just by looking at the past movements. Same goes for trading but it is even more risky of one doesn't have any experience in this field.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:45:08 AM

it's about trust, do you not see the history of the price? the lowest price then goes to the highest price and it keeps repeating it. the current situation indeed tends to decrease, and that's normal,. next year there is a big event of course prices will rise again don't worry. I still believe that the next few years are still good to hold.
Exactly, people who hodl put all their trust alongside with the risk of investing. Even if it takes a few months or years, as long as we have our trust, our expectations will never fail to come.

And back to the main point, many investors tend to hodl for long term to receive maximum profit. There are types of investors and one of them is long term hodler. It is not foolish action, it is also a wise decision where they are free to choose how long they will hodl their investment.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AbuBhakar

Activity: 994
Merit: 520

🇵🇭

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:46:26 AM

actually, they don't know whether prices will go down or up. but, sometimes they just think that the price will go down, because they still hold it.
if you predict something, then you will not make a sale, or purchase if it is still uncertain. however, people sometimes have withholding their assets that they have accumulated for a long time, so selling them just because they think the price will dump seems silly. in general, I hold bitcoin and altcoin, and I'm sure the price will go up and down in the future. it's easy to predict, but we can't determine when that time will occur.
When I hold I still needs to be updated on the price and news as we don't know what can really happen in long hold. We need to make sure to be updated that the project is still working and have update to keep in this market condition if not then better stop loss. I learned this lesson as many of my hold alt became nothing in value now and may not recover at all.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:56:01 AM

Some hodl for a reason like when you have bought the peak and is very late to sell them, some opt not to cut losses and have patience to hodl. Some people might even hold to the idea that the next bull market will be massive. Each has their own reason why they are hodling crypto.

Getmon

Activity: 1400
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 10:09:56 AM

Long term HODL is not a joke. In fact, if you look at the history of the prices of the top coins, you will realize that long term HODL is the easiest and even most profitable way to grow your cryptocurrency if you are not an expert trader. Even traders will testify that trading is hard and that it is really a good option to just choose HODL instead of actively trading. HODL is a joke if you are HODLing shitcoins but if you are HODLing Bitcoin or ETH, you are doing good.

MEGA

▄████▄ 
████████
▀██████▀
██▀▀▀▀
██▄▄▄▄
▄██████▄
████████
▀████▀
PARI█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
██████████▄██▀█▄
████████████ ▀███
███████████ ▀▀▀██    ▄▄███████▄▄
██████████▀████▀   ▄█████▀█▀█████▄
██████████████████████▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████
   ▄▄█████▄▄     ███████  ██   █████
 ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███████      ▀█████
▄████▀   ▀████▄  ███████  ██▀  █████
█████▄   ▄█████   ████▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████
▀████ ▀▀▀ ████▀    ▀█████▄█▄█████▀
 ▀████▄ ▄████▀███████▀▀███████▀▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
     ▄███▄
     ▀███▀
  ▄▄██▄▄▄█▄
▄██▀▀███████▄
██▀  ███▀▀▄███
██   ██ ██▀▀
     ███▄▄█
    ▄██▀▀██▄
   ███▄▄ ▀██
     ▀▀▀▀ ███
      ▄██▄ ██
      ▀██▀ ▀██
.SPORTS.▄█████████████████▄
██ ▄             ██
██ ▀▀            ██
██               ██
██      ▄█▄      ██
██    ▄█████▄    ██
██   ▀██▀█▀██▀   ██
██      ▄█▄      ██
██               ██
██            ▄▄ ██
██             ▀ ██
▀█████████████████▀
.CASINO.█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 10:22:51 AM

not everyone can think like that. because I believe most new traders are using luck, others are following trading signals. maybe you are easy to say that. but doing peak selling and buying below is a big analysis. what about people who buy in 2017, then close their account and look back in 2018. do they have to sell it? while prices are already low. I still believe a big pump will come soon. just need extra patience to wait for him. if impatient. then trade, don't sell then leave.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 10:38:18 AM

Long term holding still work but only for a very few coins and if one is lucky to hold any of them, you will surely smile. I have of a coin that has done x72 this year even with the current market situation and those holding the coin since the beginning of this year are now in real money.

Long term holding is the best option for most people I agree,,, you can save yourself a lot of time and emotions, and you do not risk losing more money in trading, but it is still not a guarantee of profit, simply a guarantee you will always have the coins,,, whether they are worth anything or not!

It is a lot about luck:)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 11:08:39 AM

If nobody wants to Hold, I think this market will be very bad. Not all holders are losers, it's just about choice, patience and luck. My friend is an example,he bought BNB for $ 15 in mid-2018, then BNB dropped to $ 5, he decided to bid $ 30 and didn't use the account for nearly a year and as a result, he had x2 accounts.
Google+

Activity: 2422
Merit: 550

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 11:20:14 AM

although some say it is a joke but actually trading or investing long-term is indeed the best thing and a very smart choice to be able to get a lot of profit and can avoid the losses that can befall you when you do not implement it, it is better to control patience to be able to get a lot of profit in a beautiful time.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄