Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Bitfinex ignore Dogecoin? [Solved]  (Read 388 times)
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 05:06:28 PM

I think some reason behind on that why bitfinex not going to list the dogecoin.dogecoin do not pass the listing parameter of bitfinex to list their exchange or they are considere that dogecoin not going to give much benefit from trading fees and withdrawal fees because compare to other crypto currencies.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:16:44 PM

Actually, I do not have an idea, maybe noone asked for it.
Man DogeCoin in't so great, it' just a one cryto among hundreds of others.
There is shit loads of great alts / coins better than dodge& have 0 support from those fancy exchanges.
DogeCoin solves nothing, it' just a community driven coin created in the right time back then, that's what it is.
As if all of the listed have been saving the world. lol
Although Doge was created as a joke, speediness and charging low fee is its features which have not in most today's coins. The average daily volume of 30-50 million means a lot.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:29:18 PM

Bitfinex isn't the only exchange to not list doge.  Kucoin doesn't either, which I find very strange.  It isn't as tho it's a coin that nobody buys or wants, and I think exchanges are missing out on fees by not listing it.  Seems very strange to me that *any* exchange would ignore dogecoin.

Perhaps the problem lies with the listing fees, if the shitcoin pays enough fees it will be listed and Dogecoin will not.
No, I doubt that's the reason.  I'm not sure coin developers have to pay exchanges to list their coins at all, tho I'm pretty sure token makers do.  The dev team of doge isn't even active as far as I know, yet every new exchange seems to list it.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:37:39 PM

Bitfinex isn't the only exchange to not list doge.  Kucoin doesn't either, which I find very strange.  It isn't as tho it's a coin that nobody buys or wants, and I think exchanges are missing out on fees by not listing it.  Seems very strange to me that *any* exchange would ignore dogecoin.

Perhaps the problem lies with the listing fees, if the shitcoin pays enough fees it will be listed and Dogecoin will not.
No, I doubt that's the reason.  I'm not sure coin developers have to pay exchanges to list their coins at all, tho I'm pretty sure token makers do.  The dev team of doge isn't even active as far as I know, yet every new exchange seems to list it.

I really vouch for dogecoin as well. I have been using that coin for ages already whenever I want to transfer money from one exchange to another.
Maybe one reason that I can think of is that those exchanges that do not list doge is that because no dev is paying for the listing fee for this coin.
The maintenance of the wallet and other things cost a lil bit of resources from them so if they can't get anything out of it, they prefer not to list.
But if you consider those doge users and traders, they can already generate income from the fees involved.
I hope they will include doge as this is one of the most used coins in terms of transfer purposes.
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:04:54 PM

One idea could be that they may consider Dogecoin a competitor for their USDT.
Dogecoin is a correct/proper coin and it's accepted almost everywhere, so it could be used for cheap withdrawals instead of their again-in-trouble USDT.

Did you know that USDT is the largest stable coin by volume and currently top 5 on coin market cap. Doge coin doesn't even come so close as it sits outside top 25. Well, with that being said, exchanges are mostly a business outfits and will list where there's a need from it usually from a finance standpoint
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:08:39 PM

The team of Bitfinex have the right to do or choose which ever project they feel is best for their exchange, because it is theirs. However, that does not render dogecoin useless. In fact, doge might still be at the top and Bitfinex might still be bent on not listing it. Let them do what they feel is best to them.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 09:48:01 AM

The team of Bitfinex have the right to do or choose which ever project they feel is best for their exchange, because it is theirs. However, that does not render dogecoin useless. In fact, doge might still be at the top and Bitfinex might still be bent on not listing it. Let them do what they feel is best to them

It is more complicated than that

As a matter of fact, people had been asking Bitfinex to add Dogecoin in the past (and maybe they are still asking). I remember it was like 2015 or even earlier, probably right after the launch of this cryptocurrency itself. Bitfinex has chosen a very wrong approach to deal with the matter. They started to defame Dogecoin instead of just keeping their mouths shut, and now this "policy of truth" backfires. If they add doges, expect a lot of fingers pointed, eyebrows raised, obscene words used   

Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 12:44:53 PM

Dogecoin is one of the top 50 coins in coinmarketcap. Many investors including me, believe that Doge is one of the strongest coins. Bitfinex is one of the top exchanges, but i don't think why they list Dogecoin as useless shitcoin. I hope they will review Dogecoin in the next time.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 01:12:13 PM

Dogecoin is one of the top 50 coins in coinmarketcap. Many investors including me, believe that Doge is one of the strongest coins. Bitfinex is one of the top exchanges, but i don't think why they list Dogecoin as useless shitcoin. I hope they will review Dogecoin in the next time.

Well... I know why they consider Dogecoin as a shitcoin. Because it is a shitcoin. In fact, Dogecoin can be considered as the benchmark for the shitcoins around the world. There can be no better example for a shitcoin other than this coin. There is practically zero development ever since this coin was created, and the entire code was copied and plagiarized from other projects such as Bitcoin and Litecoin.

arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 816

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 01:25:48 PM

Well... I know why they consider Dogecoin as a shitcoin. Because it is a shitcoin. In fact, Dogecoin can be considered as the benchmark for the shitcoins around the world. There can be no better example for a shitcoin other than this coin. There is practically zero development ever since this coin was created, and the entire code was copied and plagiarized from other projects such as Bitcoin and Litecoin.

The one you called shitcoin is at the top 31 overall rank in the cap and I don't think it will be consider as shit since the volume is even more greater than the other alt's listed there, although you can't see a price development of doge but still it's doing great since the price became stable at 30 SATs eventhough the market keeps falling.

ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 01:33:58 PM

I dont think dogecoin is a shitcoin, besides dogecoin is on 31 position rank on CMC. Probably because dogecoin did not have a fixed amount and the supplies are keep growing due to a lot of miners who mine dogecoin. You can use another exchange if you really like dogecoin, as of now, there are 283 pairs in exchanges that dogecoin listed. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/markets/

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 01:49:24 PM

The team of Bitfinex have the right to do or choose which ever project they feel is best for their exchange, because it is theirs. However, that does not render dogecoin useless. In fact, doge might still be at the top and Bitfinex might still be bent on not listing it. Let them do what they feel is best to them.
Yes, you're right! After all, Doge is still here and it is still one of the top 50 cryptocurrencies. Although it's an old cryptocurrency, Doge's community hasn't given up on it even after its developers abandoned it. Personally, I would love to use Doge when depositing on betting sites, it's fast and the fee is very cheap. Grin

Litecoin is also a shitcoin, lmao!

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 02:18:12 PM

Bitfinex loaded a lot of shitcoins on their exchange because they got a share from the developer team while Dogecoin does not give them anything if they want to list it. Bitfinex can not be considered as top exchanges right now, there is not much trade happening there. This is the only way for them to survive.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 02:40:52 PM

The one you called shitcoin is at the top 31 overall rank in the cap and I don't think it will be consider as shit since the volume is even more greater than the other alt's listed there, although you can't see a price development of doge but still it's doing great since the price became stable at 30 SATs eventhough the market keeps falling.

Well.. I am not going to refute what you said. Dogecoin ranks among the top-50 coins as per the list given by Coinmarketcap. And even if we go by the 24-hour trade volumes, it remain as one of the most traded cryptocurrencies. But that doesn't mean that it is one of the better coins out there, either technologically, or ideologically. It is a copycat of Luckycoin (one of the lesser known altcoins that existed in 2013). And this Luckycoin itself is a plagiarized version of Litecoin. There is no maximum supply limit, and theoretically infinite number of Dogecoins can be mined.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 03:14:11 PM

Dogecoin ranks 31st in the market with zero development. Also, while cheaper and faster than litecoin, can you explain why you consider doge as a shitcoin? If bitfinex also thinks you like...
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 05:09:19 PM

Reason, maybe bitfinex only chooses coins whose development is serious, as we know the beginning of dogecoin is just a joke from the "shiba dog" meme turns out that dogecoin is increasingly popular. Another reason might be, it could also be because the doge fee is too low and bitfinex cannot get a lot of profit from every transaction made by traders. Hmm, and the last reason, it could also just be a one-sided decision by Bitfinex, so it's up to him dogecoin is available on the market (bitfinex) or not, not a problem.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 05:35:39 PM

Well... I know why they consider Dogecoin as a shitcoin. Because it is a shitcoin. In fact, Dogecoin can be considered as the benchmark for the shitcoins around the world. There can be no better example for a shitcoin other than this coin. There is practically zero development ever since this coin was created, and the entire code was copied and plagiarized from other projects such as Bitcoin and Litecoin

You are much confused about what has real value and what hasn't

But let me lend you a helping hand. First of all, gold has seen absolutely no development since it had been such made half a dozen billion years ago. And that only added more value to it. Then, you can't possibly call a coin a shitcoin which is seeing so much real-world adoption and use, probably most among all cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin included)

Put differently, if you ever consider Dogecoin a shitcoin, then you necessarily have to consider all cryptocurrencies shitcoins. And Dogecoin would still stand out for its utility as a coin of choice for gambling. It is impossible to discard this fact without at the same time discarding the whole cryptodomain as inconsequential and gambling as irrelevant

Another reason might be, it could also be because the doge fee is too low and bitfinex cannot get a lot of profit from every transaction made by traders

EOS withdrawals are totally free at Bitfinex, so it can't be such a reason

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 03:26:00 AM

I don't think Dogecoin really has a price to use, but it has existed relatively early and is still alive. Over time, as new investors join in, they will hardly pay attention to this altcoin.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 07:07:13 AM

I don't think Dogecoin really has a price to use, but it has existed relatively early and is still alive. Over time, as new investors join in, they will hardly pay attention to this altcoin

That's strange logic

According to such reasoning, gold should have long been forgotten since it has been sticking around since the dawn of times. But it is quite ironic and even amusing how people think of cryptocurrencies as only investment or speculation vehicles without thinking that they can in fact have some application in real life. Isn't it funny? Dogecoin is a coin of choice for gambling, and this alone makes it attractive enough to investors and speculators as it clearly stands out from the other coins of its rank

livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 10:06:47 AM

I don't think Dogecoin really has a price to use, but it has existed relatively early and is still alive. Over time, as new investors join in, they will hardly pay attention to this altcoin.
Dogecoin is one of the best alternative coin that's serving the purpose of what other altcoins are trying to market for themselves. Dogecoin has a better use than those altcoins that you may now, being cheap with its fee and reliability of its speed is what making people like dogecoin.

Until now, we have no idea why it's not on Bitfinex but I guess Dogecoin doesn't need them and it's listed in almost every popular exchange.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████