Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this thread really deserve the attention it has got?  (Read 3198 times)
Nandini_crypto (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:35:00 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2020, 11:12:34 AM by Nandini_crypto
Merited by tmfp (10), suchmoon (7), Mr. Big (2), malevolent (1), Quickseller (1), hilariousetc (1), marlboroza (1), rosezionjohn (1)

I was seeing the threads in Beginner session and saw that below thread has 50 merits at a shot.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5214039.msg53491680#msg53491680

My question is, what message is this thread conveying that is useful to the community? Merits in my understanding are to encourage the account which is giving useful information to the users here. The thread does not even contain the struggle he did to upgrade his account, so that some newbie can be inspired.

Is getting merits that easy? Posting I become a Jr member on my birthday and get 50 merits, just like that? No struggle, no information nothing. I may be wrong here but my opinion is that in this case merit system is misused. I would request your attention and opinion on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 10:41:43 AM
Merited by The-Devil (2), AirdropNotifyer (1)

how about fuck off and worry about yourself and not others?

I gave the user 50 as I saw they are a decent poster, being a sauce is hard work sometimes as when I am not online much I can see the merits stacking up. I dont always have time in a month to hand out 400+ merits in small transactions so I try to help out the most deserving posters I see.

anyway - your on ignore for being a used tampon..

Peace out fucko - no merits for you from me!

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:51:48 AM

It is OK.

It's best if sources try to exhaust their source allocations, even if it means giving posts higher amounts than is typical. If you have 150 source merit and you only see 3 merit-worthy posts in a month, then I'd rather you over-give each of them 50 merit than let the merit expire. That way there are more people capable of sending merit, and the "merit economy" is less top-down.
Nandini_crypto (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:58:53 AM

This is a public forum. I have right to check any post and comment if something is wrong.

I gave the user 50 as I saw they are a decent poster, being a sauce is hard work sometimes as when I am not online much I can see the merits stacking up. I dont always have time in a month to hand out 400+ merits in small transactions so I try to help out the most deserving posters I see.
I never said the account is not worth. If you read my post, i have mentioned that this post does not deserve. You are not online for month or so , that does not mean that you see a random post and give 50 merits at a shot.

I do not care on that.

I never asked one from you. That is clear. I would work hard to get merit do not want merits from one who gives it without even thinking.
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:11:44 AM

Is getting merits that easy? Posting I become a Jr member on my birthday and get 50 merits, just like that? No struggle, no information nothing. I may be wrong here but my opinion is that in this case merit system is misused. I would request your attention and opinion on this.
In reality, it isn't easy I've already experienced that before I get this merit on my profile. It was his sheer luck that TMAN was generous for the New Year, that will diminish if you did the same, the same gig won't be satisfying IMO. Perhaps no struggle has been stated by the OP but I guess TMAN been generous for him because of his happiness ranking up, it is a joyful moment.

With this case, I guess the merit system hasn't been misused, judging with the user's profile he seems not a spammer or a shitposter. In my opinion he do deserved that merits.

Is that case true here that there are no post available that are worth for merits? I can search worth threads and show, even the OP of the thread I shared has very good post in his past that would have been considered right? Do you @hacker1001101001 really think that this thread was worth it. I felt that the tread I shared is over rated.
Just read again the post of theymos and TMAN and internalize every word in there, at least think outside the box, what they wrote IMO are more likely figurative in a sense, don't just understand it literally.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4154

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 11:16:27 AM

Is that case true here that there are no post available that are worth for merits? I can search worth threads and show, even the OP if there thread I shared has very good post in his past that would have been considered right? Do you @hacker1001101001 really think that this thread was worth it. I felt that the tread I shared is over rated.

Seems you're still new to how things are been done here, most times sources don't have the time to review post to post of quality contributors so they just decide to award merit to a particular post not minding the amount sent. The user in question have done quite well for himself in such a short period of time therefore him recieving that amount of merit isn't something we show be debating about. He's a decent users and has lots of decent posts.

He isn't the first user to recieve such amount of merit on a congratulations post, numerous users have recieve same or even more amount of merit and future users are likely to recieve if only they'll be willing to put in work and contribute positively to the forum. Understand that, the merit sent on a self congratulation threads are mostly as a motivation to continue thy good work of contributing positively to the forum, it doesn't means such threads deserve the number of merit they get but the user do deserve the merit due to their previous works (posts) that must have gone unnoticed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 11:22:38 AM

It is quite difficult to find meritable posts, especially if you don't have time to visit all the boards. If one finds a member who hasbeen a consistent and productive member of the forum, then it is easier to award merits as a block in a single post. It can make it difficult for newer members to understand that the merits have been awarded to the poster, rather than the specific post.

As has been stated many times, itis better to focus on the benefits derived from being an active member of the forum, and not to chase merits just to gain rank.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Nandini_crypto (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:26:44 AM

Is that case true here that there are no post available that are worth for merits? I can search worth threads and show, even the OP if there thread I shared has very good post in his past that would have been considered right? Do you @hacker1001101001 really think that this thread was worth it. I felt that the tread I shared is over rated.

Seems you're still new to how things are been done here, most times sources don't have the time to review post to post of quality contributors so they just decide to award merit to a particular post not minding the amount sent.

Understand that, the merit sent on a self congratulation threads are mostly as a motivation to continue thy good work of contributing positively to the forum, it doesn't means such threads deserve the number of merit they get but the user do deserve the merit due to their previous works (posts) that must have gone unnoticed.

Ok. I do agree that I am new here and I am going with the literal meaning of whatever I read. Also, if one knows that the question is from new person then I do not think the below lines are used to explain anything to a newbie:

Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:30:49 AM
Merited by The-Devil (1)

In my opinion its fair for @TMAN give 50 merits t0 @The-Devil
I was saw his topic and post is goods value. He is new user on December 2019 but have many bitcoin knowledge so he deserved to get many merits.

This case is same like @gizmoh give 50 merits to @IndecentProposal. But, this new user dont have many topic or post, and its only 1 topic. The topic is not have any value or benefit like @The-Devil do. So, i think in this case is unfair to give so much merits.
You can check the topic here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2391080

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Nandini_crypto (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:37:51 AM

It is quite difficult to find meritable posts

I think we can find recent high merited threads and other details in the merit stat: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

This case is same like @gizmoh give 50 merits to @IndecentProposal. But, this new user dont have many topic or post, and its only 1 topic. The topic is not have any value or benefit like @The-Devil do. So, i think in this case is unfair to give so much merits.
You can check the topic here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2391080

The post done by IndecentProposal and the thread I mentioned are the topics which are poles apart. The weight age of the topic also should be counted.
The-Devil

Activity: 42
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:43:33 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2020, 12:01:55 PM by The-Devil

Why are you so jealous? @TMAN worked fine and I agree with @TMAN. There's nothing wrong with that. You're jealous because you didn't get merit. @TMAN gave me 50 merits. There is no merit abuse here. You first get the rules of merit and then post like this. Fix yourself first. I am also ignoring you too.

@PrimeNumber7 is an alt account of @Quickseller

Here is the proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5215097.msg53538429#msg53538429
Nandini_crypto (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:54:09 AM

Why are you so jealous? TMAN worked fine and I agree with TMAN. There's nothing wrong with that. You're jealous because you didn't get merit. TMAN gave me 50 merits. There is no merit abuse here. You first get the rules of merit and then post like this. Fix yourself first. I am also ignoring you too.

Hello! I am not jealous of you. You are not my sibling that I will have some emotional jealously with you. Just because someone gave you merit you are defending that person.

If you have read the thread I have mentioned that your posts are good but this post did not deserve. Which even you know somewhere back of your mind.

I do not care you ignore me or someone who gave you merit is ignoring. What I feel wrong I will ask because I want to know, I want to learn. I will ask for my understanding. You are anyways not helping me understand so it does not matter whether you are ignoring or following. I is not my part of job. Get your mind right.
hacker1001101001

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 12:46:15 PM
Merited by hilariousetc (2), rosezionjohn (1)

Is that case true here that there are no post available that are worth for merits? I can search worth threads and show, even the OP of the thread I shared has very good post in his past that would have been considered right? Do you @hacker1001101001 really think that this thread was worth it. I felt that the tread I shared is over rated.

I can understand your frustration and concern about that post getting 50+ merit. In real sense the post surely doesn't even deserve a single merit if considered singly, but one could debate that he has sent the merits to all the post's of the user overall. Basically it is not fair to many members who are hanging around there heads by putting efforts in each comment they make and showing best out of them. I personally have never got that amount of merits in single transaction until even after putting good amount of efforts in whatever I put up here, even I feel the same as you by looking at the unusual merit springs from TMAN. But, it's already stated by theymos being Ok and one can't argue on merit sources being active most of the times as they are not paid for it.

I would even push users with huge merits to keep track on some threads which highlights newbies or atleast good poster's around and think TMAN did the same and got the suggestion of meriting that user from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5215097.0.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 02:17:54 PM

The point is no one can rank up to Senior Member, Hero member, or Legendary member by 5, 10 or 20 rounds of 50 merits like that. No one can successfully get it (from only one user or from some others) without being caught. Such cases if occur are seriously and will be treated in one way or the others.

I made 21 topics and sure my post quality and topic quality are much better than that post but I don't feel anything bad or wrong for me by looking at that. If someday, you wake up and see your account received 50 merits from one user who don't know, will it be okay for you? I think you will do feel it is okay and enjoy it, guys.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 02:41:59 PM

This devil account has aroused my suspicions a while ago but it had nothing to do with this 50 merits thing..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 02:47:04 PM

~

you had 50 off me before yourself IIRC.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 02:54:50 PM

The one TMAN gave is a whole lot better compared to this thread linked below.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5215183.msg53531936

Just like what I have said there on that topic, if it were during the time of the birth of merits, it would have been easily considered to be "suspicious" rather than spending their own merits to whatever post they want. Nowadays, it's best and easier to get merit just because of the users' accumulation or the circulation that merit sources get.

The OP shouldn't rely too much on checking others' posts and posting about it, maybe asking the giver, knowing that he is an active member, what he thought about the post, and why he gave it to the poster.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 03:16:51 PM

<…> My question is, what message is this thread conveying that is useful to the community? Merits in my understanding are to encourage the account which is giving useful information to the users here. The thread does not even contain the struggle he did to upgrade his account, so that some newbie can be inspired.
I can speak as to my gracious and overwhelming generosity when I merited the referenced post with … 1 sMerit …

Yes, the post is scarce in detail on the struggle (barely any) to rank-up to Jr. Member, but being xMas (at the time), what it does convey is a kind of kid’s illusion when achieving something, along side a dash of positivity which is not always encountered here, and less of all on the lower ranks. That, as a message, seems beneficial in terms of attitude, and thus I personally deemed it meritable.

Note: I am rather mean with sMerits myself, but I’ve been giving this fact a thought lately. If I were to run short of time, I’d have to open my sMeriting options to either award less sMerits per month (on aggregate), or award the same largish amount per month, but to way less posts (thus more merits per post). I have never awarded more than 4 sMerits in one go, but if I do encounter time restrictions, I’d have to opt for one of these two options.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16625

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 05:51:18 PM

It is OK.

It's best if sources try to exhaust their source allocations, even if it means giving posts higher amounts than is typical. If you have 150 source merit and you only see 3 merit-worthy posts in a month, then I'd rather you over-give each of them 50 merit than let the merit expire. That way there are more people capable of sending merit, and the "merit economy" is less top-down.
I don't really agree with theymos here, and I wouldn't have done it myself, but in the big picture it doesn't really matter: if a user isn't a spammer, 50 Merit doesn't hurt the forum, and he gets to merit other posts again.

The drawback of not sending 50 at a time is that I'm still sitting on 8% of all the sMerit I ever had. And having a busy day like today doesn't help Tongue

hacker1001101001

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 05:59:35 PM

It is OK.

I don't really agree with theymos here, and I wouldn't have done it myself, but in the big picture it doesn't really matter: if a user isn't a spammer, 50 Merit doesn't hurt the forum, and he gets to merit other posts again.

The drawback of not sending 50 at a time is that I'm still sitting on 8% of all the sMerit I ever had. And having a busy day like today doesn't help Tongue

Sprinkling them on users having longer usernames could be an great idea rather than watching them decay. Tongue

BTW, I too don't agree with sending that high amounts of merits at a time as many posts deserving merits go unnoticed everyday around.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: