Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain of a bounty manager.  (Read 1099 times)
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:23:38 PM

It takes a long time to build a presence on social media that can influence the crypto community, making friends with crypto enthusiast with investors mind takes time also. MOst people into social media campaign are new members with fake followers and friends. Now I struggle to make post about cryptocurrency projects on twitter especially if am not sure of the project. I wont want to dirty my hands with scam project and lose trust from my followers like in the past. I prefer a working project on exchange, maybe new.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:30:26 PM

It takes a long time to build a presence on social media that can influence the crypto community, making friends with crypto enthusiast with investors mind takes time also. MOst people into social media campaign are new members with fake followers and friends. Now I struggle to make post about cryptocurrency projects on twitter especially if am not sure of the project. I wont want to dirty my hands with scam project and lose trust from my followers like in the past. I prefer a working project on exchange, maybe new.
indeed of all kinds of bounty campaign projects I think only projects that have a platform of exchange that can get decent results sometimes they can succeed and what makes the bounty manager happy is the success that can be achieved from his manager so that he can make his name good and experienced in set up a bounty campaign.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:30:58 PM

I have long believed that bounty campaigns should be done only for projects that already working. social bounties should not exist anymore, except Reddit campaigns. the most productive campaigns are signature and content creation for the project. I haven’t been participating in bounty campaigns for new projects for a year now because I don’t see normal projects and normal teams

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 03:33:09 PM

I also feel that, it will definitely hurt when a project fails and the most blamed in this case is the bounty manager. just because the bounty manager is in charge of managing the bounty program, does not mean that full control of the bounty is held by the manager. so in the case of a project failure, I don't think the manager is to blame, but the team behind the project.
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1436

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:36:49 PM

I have long believed that bounty campaigns should be done only for projects that already working. s

Why would working project need a bounty campaign then?

As I understand bounty campaigns are done to advertise the project, so that it could raise funds to develop the project.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:15:30 PM

I have long believed that bounty campaigns should be done only for projects that already working. s

Why would working project need a bounty campaign then?

As I understand bounty campaigns are done to advertise the project, so that it could raise funds to develop the project.

Exactly! That's the role of bounty campaigns and that is to help each other, help the project so you will benefit more, that's why it is so important that the one you are advertising were legit, or else you are just wasting your time in a couple of months that you are working on it.

For bounty manager, they should not be blame as we also know and aware what we are doing, so let's be responsible, we are not a kid anymore.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:16:23 PM

About the fault of the bounty hunters, it is quite common actually.
They'll just register their entries blindly.
What's worse is that some also do the same in airdrops which commonly ask for KYC requirements and those type of bounty hunters tend to sell their information just for the sake of profit from a shitcoin.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 04:33:29 PM

Yes we are talking about the hassle which the bounty manager goes through and bounties of good projects which fails and the development team ends up with huge loss, as a result, they could not focus on further developments and just don't bother to distribute the bounty tokens to the bounty hunters until the investors trade the tokens or else just shuts down the project.

Management's fault:
They tend to be greedy at one point of time and starts thinking that if they distribute the bounty to the hunters they will dump it anyway nad the value of token will crash down and they dealy the distribution meanwhile the bounty hunters start writing bad about the project and there were instances that the genuine bounty projects were termed as scam for this issue.

Bounty hunter's fault:
Bounty hunter just join any random campaign without investigating and then they are the greediest bunch(not everyone) I have seen while managing the campaigns as one user registers with hundreds of fake accounts and that too their account has followers who have nothing to do with crpto as most of them as desperate who just follows the twitter account by looking at fake DP of some hot girls which are often used by the hunters to gain more followers, moreover, the bounty users enter their ETH address on some other person's profile as well and if the bounty manager does not check that then the cheater will get paid twice and the person who works hard will not be paid, submitting false report is one of the main concern wherein the bounty manager has to check thousands of report and some of them just copy-paste old reports to get reward without working.

Then comes those users who keeps spamming the telegram group by sharing some scam projects and irrelevant stuff from numerous fake profiles.

I think the whole bounty process has become a shithole and the worst part is that the signature campaigns are not entertained by bounties as they want to reach wider audience without knowing that most of the social media campaigns do not reach any real audience as it reaches some fake profiles who follow the bounty hunters just by looking at their picture.

Regardless of the issue, the bounty managers are cursed as if they are paying out of their pocket. Users needs to understand that even bounty managers are paid for their job just like bounty hunters and most of the time even they are not paid for their hardwork. Even a slightest negligence from bounty hunters gets them a negative trust thanks to those merit thirsty users who tries to blame it all on bounty hunters to get a merit.

this is just a brief of not even 5% of pain which bounty managers go through.
it's better not to blame anyone for this and just learn from it
as of now just join the campaign that will put the payment in escrow
and for bounty manager, it is better to ask to escrow the payment for the campaign

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 06:32:20 PM

Almost all managers hired any hunters and I have a question - if it is obvious that most of the accounts are fake, could you somehow track this at the stage of filling out forms?
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 06:42:23 PM

being a gift manager and prize hunters is equally risky. but sometimes not all gift managers and prize hunters are honest. not hypocritical but both are equally bad. I mentioned directly, as a gift manager has the authority to cut the allocation of prizes after the project is completed and for prize hunters such as multi-accounts.
Mdmaruft

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 07:32:52 PM

Everyone should respect Bounty manager for their. But some manage promote scam project for Their benefit. When a bounty failed or scammed  then broke bounty hunter hurts. Do i think, bounty manager should make deep research before starting any project.     
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 10:16:27 PM

That's right, bounty managers are not always to blame for project failures and for the fact that the team does not pay bounty hunters a reward. Everyone forgets that in most cases, bounty managers are also trapped and don't get anything for their work.

shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 10:30:53 PM

As a bounty publisher, a bounty manager must first inspect the authenticity of a project, make an advance inspection for the bounty participants, and provide guarantee for the authenticity of the bounty activity. This should be the responsibility of the bounty manager. Otherwise, when the bounty is completed, the bounty payment is not completed, and by that time. Participants must come to discuss with the bounty manager.

boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 10:55:20 PM

Project failure is no longer the responsibility of the bounty manager because it has entered the public offering stage, the manager only manages the campaign and ensures that the project does not scam before and during the campaign based on their thoughts. not infrequently the distribution process is only carried out by the developer so that the manager is only entitled to manage the campaign. in fact managers are not entirely wrong, except from the start they did receive work from a particular project without doing research which ultimately affected all participants.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 11:31:26 PM

Bounty manager should take the risks and pay with his reputation if something goes wrong. If he is famous and well known, with good reputaion, people are following him and taking part in all his campaigns. If he fails constantly, he is to blame and nobody likes him Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 02:23:06 AM

Bounty manager should take the risks and pay with his reputation if something goes wrong. If he is famous and well known, with good reputaion, people are following him and taking part in all his campaigns. If he fails constantly, he is to blame and nobody likes him Smiley

We all know that bounty hunting involves risk to both of the parties including bountyhunters with manager, and the entire projwct itself, but the risk should not entirely shoulder by the bounty managers because he's somehow with the side of the b
hunters and a victim there as well. Though, the initial step to be successful relies on the decision and capability of the manager to choose the right project. Because if not, it is merely the bounty hunters who will suffer, since the manager turns out to be in the shady side of the entire team.
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:44:44 AM

A professional bounty manager is willing to stake his reputation and not only expect to get pay big of the bounties he manages. of course if the project he manages continues to fail then no one people wants  to follow the bounty he manages. but now many bounty managers don't care if the project they manage will end up being fraudulent or not because they just expect to be paid with the lure of a big salary.

lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:59:06 AM

Sometimes we tend to blame the bounty manager if something went wrong or the project fail and turn to scam. We are not thinking that the manager is like bounty hunters, doing their job to get paid and they are are not really part of the team. The manager is just a representative to manage the campaign and relay the dev's condition for those who want to participate.

Before we start blaming other people think first if you did your part as a bounty hunter, researching and careful choosing what project to participate in.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2139

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 04:44:17 AM

what about new projects? Honestly these new projects haven't raised a penny so where are they going to get bitcoin to pay hunters from? The easiest way is to pay hunters in their very own tokens or coins
Then they should understand that marketing is costly, even if they use spam bot, it still cost them a real dollar. If we talk about a new legit project, we start with a business plan, including how to fund the project. Usually, the team uses the bootstrap strategy (their own pocket) until they can produce a proper prototype or MVP. Only then, it's okay to raise external funds.

It depends on the startup stage. The marketing fund could come from their own pocket or seed investors.

Paying hunters with tokens is equal to expecting the hunters to work for free.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:54:33 AM

A professional bounty manager is willing to stake his reputation and not only expect to get pay big of the bounties he manages. of course if the project he manages continues to fail then no one people wants  to follow the bounty he manages. but now many bounty managers don't care if the project they manage will end up being fraudulent or not because they just expect to be paid with the lure of a big salary.

which became a problem two years ago when many new projects came to the crypto market and not all of them succeeded in making many bounty managers tempted to get more money to promote the project. it is not the responsibility of the bounty manager to make the project a success or not. but some bounty managers who care about their reputation must choose the best project. not just the payment they will receive.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: