Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it tripple bottom?  (Read 4580 times)
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 11:59:42 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2011, 09:56:20 AM by Jonathan Ryan Owens

I'll just leave this here.

[1:55am PST on 11/21/2011]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 12:01:50 AM

I'm going to repost my reply to zhoutong, as this thread became temporarily derailed and I don't want him to miss it:

@zhoutong: Thank you for the concise reply to my concerns. Having bitcoinica around still worries the heck out of me, but I am very glad it is you who is running it. You seem like a trustworthy guy. I hope you do not let us all down.

Since you won't/can't open your order books for the reasons you outlined, then would you consent at some stage to regular independent third party auditing of your accounts and your platform?

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 12:02:00 AM

You think we are going to hit 1.90? I for one do not. Interesting prediction with your graph though but im not sure what donnie darko has to do with bitcoin prices.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 12:40:48 AM

I'll just leave this here.

I finally stopped laughing so I can post.  Grin

oh wow.
But I doubt the upcoming creep will be this short the network needs 10 days to mine out "the manipulator"
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 01:10:09 AM

I'm going to repost my reply to zhoutong, as this thread became temporarily derailed and I don't want him to miss it:

@zhoutong: Thank you for the concise reply to my concerns. Having bitcoinica around still worries the heck out of me, but I am very glad it is you who is running it. You seem like a trustworthy guy. I hope you do not let us all down.

Since you won't/can't open your order books for the reasons you outlined, then would you consent at some stage to regular independent third party auditing of your accounts and your platform?

I would consider this option, but it's quite expensive.

Most brokerages don't open their books too, I know a few brokers who trade against their clients. (They told me secretly, LOL.) The forex market is so big that hardly any broker can run the stops himself. The only way for manipulation is to manipulate the market making price. That's why the number one assessment of a brokerage's reliability is the accuracy of the prices.

When Bitcoin gets larger (it's necessary to go to $100+ to get "larger"), Bitcoinica will no longer be a factor for instability.

I feel that there's no need to outdo a forex brokerage. If everyone gets third party for auditing, they will all miss a huge selling point - price accuracy.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:02:39 AM

I would consider this option, but it's quite expensive.

Most brokerages don't open their books too, I know a few brokers who trade against their clients. (They told me secretly, LOL.) The forex market is so big that hardly any broker can run the stops himself. The only way for manipulation is to manipulate the market making price. That's why the number one assessment of a brokerage's reliability is the accuracy of the prices.

When Bitcoin gets larger (it's necessary to go to $100+ to get "larger"), Bitcoinica will no longer be a factor for instability.

I feel that there's no need to outdo a forex brokerage. If everyone gets third party for auditing, they will all miss a huge selling point - price accuracy.

just out of interest - how comes a 17 year old hast so good connections? in my whole lifetime i did not speak to a single broker so far .. Smiley
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 11:43:52 AM

With the support of $2 at unprecedented levels (126 000 BTC), I'm calling a 60% chance that this is actually a triple bottom scenario. It also means that I'm back to being a bull, for the time being at least.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 12:50:38 PM

Until most of the bid walls go poof as soon as the price gets near. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 01:03:53 PM

This is true, but if a similar percentage of the walls are solid (as before), then we are still seeing the strongest support walls ever.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 01:17:53 PM

Except last time we were down to $2 and all the bidwalls did not exist there was still a very large invisible bidwall keeping the price there. That along with the fact we now at least appear to have 2 manipulators/big players who are on opposite sides of the asking price I would have to agree this is the bottom. How long we remain here is definitely a question now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: