News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust USDT?
Yes - 175 (70.3%)
No - 41 (16.5%)
Not sure - 33 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 249

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust USDT?  (Read 7039 times)
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 09:42:24 AM

USDT is on a major exchange and that means USDT is trusted by everyone so it can't be a scam. besides USDT is widely used by everyone to secure assets when the market is red.

Usdt is also listed on non major exchange  . It's hard if will based on exchange to say that a coin is trusted or not  . Usdt is not a pure breed of crypto and there are people that won't trust that kind of coins but for some it's not really a big deal , as long as we can see them being paired on crypto and most feedbacks are okay  , we don't doubt on them .

Many simillar coins that have same concept as usdt but as of now usdt ranked first  .
Agree! There is no certain way to prove a coin is trustworthy or not in the cryptocurrency market. If we have doubts, we should have doubts about all of the coins because there is a certain rate of risks exist. In my opinion, USDT is not completely trustworthy because we can't verify the total supply of fiat money that back USDT. However, as long as USDT provides benefits and have good feedbacks, we can skip the doubts for a bit!

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infocoino

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 09:45:52 AM

USDT is on a major exchange and that means USDT is trusted by everyone so it can't be a scam. besides USDT is widely used by everyone to secure assets when the market is red.

Usdt is also listed on non major exchange  . It's hard if will based on exchange to say that a coin is trusted or not  . Usdt is not a pure breed of crypto and there are people that won't trust that kind of coins but for some it's not really a big deal , as long as we can see them being paired on crypto and most feedbacks are okay  , we don't doubt on them .

Many simillar coins that have same concept as usdt but as of now usdt ranked first  .

it is a coin controlled by someone, anything has control in a hands of someone or organization will have a risk to turn somehow into risk, that is why most people trust, and keep their money in Bitcoin not in altcoin for savings, people trade yes, for-profit but for the long term they only keep it in bitcoins because none is in control of it and ofc due to the anonymously
Kehindem

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 10:32:15 AM

to some extent, though dont really know much about the USDT but since it backed by dollar and its equal to dollar, as at now its 1:1 as you have said; and dont think it has been fluctuating against dollar value in the time past, i think its a good coin. worth venturing into
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 09:24:18 PM

Yeah...i trust USDT. I mean it's the first stable coin, at least as far as i know and it's around for a few years now without major problems or happenings.
I remember though that from time to time the price wasn't really stable with fluctuations of +- 5% or so, but in recent history that didn't happen again.
In the end it's a crypto and everything can happen, but i think is a pretty safe stablecoin.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 10:01:07 PM

according to this guy (with whom I agree) USDT has many disadvantages :
- It is not totally stable coin because it does not keep the same value vs usd
-The existence of frozen addresses that hold millions of this coins (which makes it not a cryptocurrency but a financial tool)
TEX-LXRY
Copper Member

Activity: 110
Merit: 2

Total Exchange (TEX) and Luxury Ledger (LXRY)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2020, 10:09:25 PM

USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

Do you trust USDT or believe it might be a scam?

Never had a single issue using it so I think it is good for now. I have never used it for long term just use to to pay someone or use it for myself and use it to store for some days. However it is also a cryptocurrency and we cannot trust any currency with its value all i can say is that it has stable value which is backed up so we can trust.

TEX-LXRY

World's Largest Crypto Goods and Services Market
Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 10:41:09 PM

USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

The scam is just an issue, I am always on USDT for long term savings and it doesn't matter whatsoever. because the base of the USDT coin is stable so the increase or decrease in price cannot be as surprising as the altcoins, but this is the best coin is not a scam
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 10:43:09 PM

The scam is just an issue, I am always on USDT for long term savings and it doesn't matter whatsoever. because the base of the USDT coin is stable so the increase or decrease in price cannot be as surprising as the altcoins, but this is the best coin is not a scam
even if it's just a rumour that never happened before.  It has been backed by the real money although if that's clearly stated not all USDT has already pegged to the 1 USDT ; 1 USD but the reliability of this company didn't need to be asked again.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2020, 11:35:00 PM

indeed there is a lot of bad news trying to influence USDT price movements so that those who spread this fake news try to make USDT collapse, but I believe USDT will be very difficult to collapse because they have so much support.

tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 11:36:37 PM

i invested my money on BTC and ETH, but i always buy USDT when the bitcoin and ethereum price are down so badly. also i hold some USDT till now and i have no problem with that even some people said that USDT is scam. it's stable coin that i trusted anyway.

oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 11:59:17 PM

i invested my money on BTC and ETH, but i always buy USDT when the bitcoin and ethereum price are down so badly. also i hold some USDT till now and i have no problem with that even some people said that USDT is scam. it's stable coin that i trusted anyway.

I do exactly the same as you do, but I don't have huge funds to do that. I'm doing it as trading these three coin pairs is really good for trade. Tether marketcap is more stable during marketcap pump or dump. After I do trust this Tether coin, I still don't why some people disagree with supporting this coin. Tether is the oldest stablecoin to trust for frozen your money.
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 12:13:12 AM

I am not so sure that USDT is really backed up 1: 1 with real dollars. I was able to get some information that the USDT actually backed up was only 70% of the current total allocation. many people have pros and cons arguments about this. so I chose to hesitate rather than trust 100%.
yes I also believe that USDT is not really 100% backed by USD
Even the original USD is not backed up with gold in the country and is just printing money so I think USDT is like that and when the supply is too large, the excess will be burned immediately
This is a very risky thing that USDT can be printed arbitrarily and they can pump an asset easily
this is just my opinion

NoG-NoG

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 01:47:13 AM

In my opinion I would say that I am trusting USDT because on what I have observe and seen about its value in the market it is the only crypto to be more stable at the same time its market value is always steady.
b1k4ng

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:29:09 AM

USDT coin is stable and trusted by everyone and will definitely exist on all exchanges, of course I never think if it was a scam, I think USDT will continue to exist as long as crypto exists

Bushrat Jahan

Activity: 397
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:06:23 AM

You may know usdt safe our money from huge losses and usdt project is too good but someone says it will be scammed but im generally any coin can scam. I hope usdt will be good in future.
Dessy88

Activity: 1050

Vave.com

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 07:32:01 AM

I believe USDT. I also use USDT when i buy a new currency. In fact, it is a stable currency whose value is unlikely to fall. I wait until the price of a currency goes down and i sell it later when the price of that currency goes up, but having USDT does not change the value of my money. When i makes profits from another currency then i sell it and immediately convert it to USDT even storing a trusted exchange that does not reduce my capital.

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 07:44:19 AM

When I need something stable, I usually go for USDC instead of Tether as the latter gives me unpleasant vibes because of all its bad luggage thorough the years. It may be safe for now, but I try to avoid it nonetheless, even if I hold stable coins only for a short periods of time. On the other hand its very convenient to hold Tether as it is supported pretty much everywhere inside the crypto space.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 08:41:13 AM

Everything is controlled by someone is under risk so every bank, every coin is under risk, USDT is good coin at the moment for exchanging the crypto coins with the ratio of USD 1:1.

Oppo57
Copper Member

Activity: 1078
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 09:57:21 AM

I think I can trust the USD myself. Cryptocurrency requires a token that will never change by which everything can be exchanged. USD rates are always one-to-one. USD always needs to be stable . Best wishes for USD.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 11:18:48 AM

Everything is controlled by someone is under risk so every bank, every coin is under risk, USDT is good coin at the moment for exchanging the crypto coins with the ratio of USD 1:1.
Yeah it's pretty much like bank but well, less reliable I guess. all the reserved money actually is in the company's pocket which is Tether and they only acts as reserve in paper but none of us knows what's there really.
but so far they've been pretty reliable though not many complain until now and the fact that their stablecoin accepted everywhere speaks their reputation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: