Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk PSL T20 Pool and discussion.  (Read 4376 times)
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 08:56:42 PM

Tbh, this PSL and the two series prior with BAN and SL went on smoothly, so I believe they did a good job at bringing the game back to the country. But money is also a necessary evil.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will be in a good financial situation only of the BCCI agrees to a bilateral tour. That tour is going to be huge and both the boards may get richer by a few hundred million USD. But the problem here is that BCCI doesn't have any interest in doing this, as they are already in a comfortable financial position. Another issue is that the Pakistani players are not permitted in IPL, which is the richest T20 league in the world.
Right now this is not PCB agenda because BCCI is not in good situation to talk about any series as BJP is already in India and they will never allow this series now players also in some better financial position as most of them have some good leagues in CPL BBL BPL and Natwest hopefully in coming years this PSL will give some more financial help because now in coming years they will have some more money from TV rights.
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2310
Merit: 852

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 08:21:16 AM

Tbh, this PSL and the two series prior with BAN and SL went on smoothly, so I believe they did a good job at bringing the game back to the country. But money is also a necessary evil.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will be in a good financial situation only of the BCCI agrees to a bilateral tour. That tour is going to be huge and both the boards may get richer by a few hundred million USD. But the problem here is that BCCI doesn't have any interest in doing this, as they are already in a comfortable financial position. Another issue is that the Pakistani players are not permitted in IPL, which is the richest T20 league in the world.

Just like Pakistani not allowed to play in IPL, Indian players are also not allowed to play in PSL. Both nation bilateral political issues are increasing every day and we may not expect anything to get normal anytime soon.

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:25:52 AM

Ah... Nice to see you both getting unbanned early. Since the ban lift, I see both of you are on a posting spree maybe because of the lockdown Tongue

I do not know JSRAW's case but I was boring AF and now enjoying every bit of my freedom lol. Fact is I have nothing much to do these days until things getsl normal again.

Believe or not but this month i got shitload amount of work and i am working on deadlines. Every office around the globe shutting down and everyone passing a projects to freelancers. I shouldn't say this in current World wide crisis but for me its like X-MAS. I am already workaholic so all good, the only thing i am missing out is my GYM.

This means that freelancers are getting more income in these days when rest of the people are waiting for their business and offices to resume.
For the rest of us, would we be becoming bored by lockdown in home without any cricket to watch on TV ? I sometimes watch the old matches highlights of previous PSL and IPL but that's not that much entertaining.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1543

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 11:40:19 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2020, 01:20:32 PM by JSRAW

~snip~.

This means that freelancers are getting more income in these days when rest of the people are waiting for their business and offices to resume.
For the rest of us, would we be becoming bored by lockdown in home without any cricket to watch on TV ? I sometimes watch the old matches highlights of previous PSL and IPL but that's not that much entertaining.

I can't speak for other professionals but in gaming industry yeah fair amount of artists in my circle doing exceptionally well in this lock down.

Few suggestions from Haunebu and me....

I suggest binge watching TV shows on Netflix and Prime instead like me in recent times. These are the shows that I have binged recently:

- The Witcher TV show
- Elite
- Sex Education(Twice)
- You
- Umbrella Academy(Currently watching it) etc

Netflix and Prime are enough even during an apocalypse in my opinion.

Few suggestions from my side, related to Test Cricket ofcourse....

-Fire in Babylon ( Windies Cricket 1970s) Amazon Prime / Netflix
-The Test: A New Era For Australia's Team - Prime
-The Edge (England Team 2009-2013) - Prime
-Death of a Gentleman - Prime (edited) uk

Few Test match and ODI are worth it, list is long but mentioning only 3.

- 2005 Ashes (Best Ashes series)
- 2001 Aus vs India (One of the finest comeback story in World Test Cricket history)
- 3rd match of Ashes 2019 ( Best match in Ashes's history -Ben Stokes-)

Yesterday i watched 1 hour highlights of Aus vs Ind 2001 (KolKata Test)

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 02:59:21 PM

Just like Pakistani not allowed to play in IPL, Indian players are also not allowed to play in PSL. Both nation bilateral political issues are increasing every day and we may not expect anything to get normal anytime soon.

PSL hasn't matured yet and the revenues are nowhere near that of the IPL. No other franchise T20 league in the world have such gigantic salaries, as the IPL has. I don't know much about the state of economy in Pakistan. But in Bangladesh, they are struggling with their BPL (due to low revenues and lack of interest from big names in international cricket). The BCB is not profiting much from the BPL. If the same happens with PSL, then it won't be good news for the PCB.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3964

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 03:11:44 PM

Believe or not but this month i got shitload amount of work and i am working on deadlines. Every office around the globe shutting down and everyone passing a projects to freelancers. I shouldn't say this in current World wide crisis but for me its like X-MAS. I am already workaholic so all good, the only thing i am missing out is my GYM.
Good thing is that at least someone is not financially affected by this pandemic. Actually you are but in a positive way. If you are a freelance then it's good for you.

PSL hasn't matured yet and the revenues are nowhere near that of the IPL. No other franchise T20 league in the world have such gigantic salaries, as the IPL has. I don't know much about the state of economy in Pakistan. But in Bangladesh, they are struggling with their BPL (due to low revenues and lack of interest from big names in international cricket). The BCB is not profiting much from the BPL. If the same happens with PSL, then it won't be good news for the PCB.
I think the closest will be BBL although I have no data to back it up.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 03:43:19 PM

I think the closest will be BBL although I have no data to back it up.

Yup. If you look at the TV broadcast rights, then the revenues for BBL is more than any other league (apart form the IPL). But at the same time, the player salaries for the BBL are lower when compared to leagues such as the Natwest T20 Blast and the Caribbean Premier League. The Australian population is not as large as what they have in England or some of the South Asian countries.
UmerIdrees

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 04:10:53 PM

Ofcourse we cannot compare IPL with PSL or BPL but both of these leagues will mature with time and become much better, atleast i am hopeful about the PSL. Secondly we do not have that much money which IPL franchise posses but still we are doing  good job with limited budget.

BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 05:12:42 PM

Ofcourse we cannot compare IPL with PSL or BPL but both of these leagues will mature with time and become much better, atleast i am hopeful about the PSL. Secondly we do not have that much money which IPL franchise posses but still we are doing  good job with limited budget.
Currently best league is IPL and then we have BBL NatWest and CPL after these four we have PSL but one thing is sure this year was really great for PSL and in next two or three years this could be very big not like IPL but can go much better then current situation as peoples reaction was also very good and tv rights will also give some big boost in coming years.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 06:20:28 PM

Yup. If you look at the TV broadcast rights, then the revenues for BBL is more than any other league (apart form the IPL). But at the same time, the player salaries for the BBL are lower when compared to leagues such as the Natwest T20 Blast and the Caribbean Premier League. The Australian population is not as large as what they have in England or some of the South Asian countries.
The reason for IPL to get huge success is the people in India. This is a county which has 2nd largest in population and cricket is a sport that they worship of so getting success in any cricket related event is not much surprising. Besides Indian Cricket Board is one of the richest board among all and they have very good power in ICC panel so it's obvious that it's very easy for them to spend money how they want and call anyone from anywhere.

In other leagues first there are not audience those love cricket and 2nd I think the board can not afford to spend money like India do.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:43:45 PM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (3)

The reason for IPL to get huge success is the people in India. This is a county which has 2nd largest in population and cricket is a sport that they worship of so getting success in any cricket related event is not much surprising. Besides Indian Cricket Board is one of the richest board among all and they have very good power in ICC panel so it's obvious that it's very easy for them to spend money how they want and call anyone from anywhere.

In other leagues first there are not audience those love cricket and 2nd I think the board can not afford to spend money like India do.
Indian community is living around the world which is also best part of their revenue and they have really good funds for selling media rights which is not possible for any other cricket board in Pakistan we have no structrue for this its first year we have this at home but still its very good and they handle all things very good we can hope this will bring some good money and in future this will also have more attraction from many other countries.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 06:47:36 PM

Indian community is living around the world which is also best part of their revenue and they have really good funds for selling media rights which is not possible for any other cricket board in Pakistan we have no structrue for this its first year we have this at home but still its very good and they handle all things very good we can hope this will bring some good money and in future this will also have more attraction from many other countries.
Well Indian media is one of the biggest in the world. Let's not forget it. There are English media and American media but Indian media goes parallel with them too.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Indymoney

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:08:16 PM

Well Indian media is one of the biggest in the world. Let's not forget it. There are English media and American media but Indian media goes parallel with them too.
Just because of this in recent years India is taking good advantage of this in sports even they can take much more but they need to improve structure for this all like American and English which is not easy as they have many problems which are going to take some long time.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 11:25:24 AM

Exactly, India media has influence over the world media and they cannot be taken any smaller than USA media.

I do not understand what Indymoney means by selling the media rights ?  The host country always have the rights to sell their media rights to different channels worldwide  Huh
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 12:14:02 PM

Currently best league is IPL and then we have BBL NatWest and CPL after these four we have PSL but one thing is sure this year was really great for PSL and in next two or three years this could be very big not like IPL but can go much better then current situation as peoples reaction was also very good and tv rights will also give some big boost in coming years.

In my opinion, the top 5 franchise T20 leagues are (in decreasing order):

1. IPL
2. BBL
3. Natwest T20 Blast
4. CPL
5. PSL

I can see PSL overtaking the CPL in the near future, but one advantage for the CPL is that it is quite popular in some of the foreign markets (such as India and United States). PSL had a wonderful year in 2020, but it has miles to go before it can offer meaningful competition for IPL or BBL.
UmerIdrees

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2020, 05:25:49 PM

1. IPL
2. BBL
3. Natwest T20 Blast
4. CPL
5. PSL

I can see PSL overtaking the CPL in the near future, but one advantage for the CPL is that it is quite popular in some of the foreign markets (such as India and United States). PSL had a wonderful year in 2020, but it has miles to go before it can offer meaningful competition for IPL or BBL.

IPL has seen 12 seasons, BBL has seen Nine seasons and there are only 5 seasons of PSL. So we should not compare these leagues with PSL. PSL have only half the seasons of the other mentioned leagues. Once we have 10 seasons of PSL, it will be in the TOP 2 for sure.

Indymoney

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:52:44 PM

1. IPL
2. BBL
3. Natwest T20 Blast
4. CPL
5. PSL

IPL has seen 12 seasons, BBL has seen Nine seasons and there are only 5 seasons of PSL. So we should not compare these leagues with PSL. PSL have only half the seasons of the other mentioned leagues. Once we have 10 seasons of PSL, it will be in the TOP 2 for sure.
@UmerIdrees you right about seasons but main thing is media and tv rights and in this field Pakistan is much behind as they have not good and strong structer like India Australia and England this is big below for them if they able to have some good work in this field then surely they can overtake few and could be third or fourth in above list right now its going to take some long time.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2020, 05:12:29 PM

PSL is a mature tournament now, with 5 completed seasons. I think that is enough to make a future prediction about the league. If you ask me, I would say that PSL will remain among the top-5 leagues. But I am quite skeptical, if you tell me that it will overtake the franchise leagues in any of the Big three nations. Having watched both the BBL and the PSL, I would say that the former is better organized and favored by the sponsors. And that too by a wide margin.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1543

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 05:56:56 PM

PSL is a mature tournament now, with 5 completed seasons. I think that is enough to make a future prediction about the league. If you ask me, I would say that PSL will remain among the top-5 leagues. But I am quite skeptical, if you tell me that it will overtake the franchise leagues in any of the Big three nations. Having watched both the BBL and the PSL, I would say that the former is better organized and favored by the sponsors. And that too by a wide margin.

Slightly agree with @UmerIdrees but for different reasons; IMO one major reason is majority of PSL seasons took place in UAE, which is not the case for other leagues. So not a ideal situation.

But Yeah, Top 2 league still seems tough nut to track for PSL. We have to keep watch on next 2-3 seasons and see how its goes in Pakistan's.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2020, 06:12:33 PM

^^^^ I was talking about the revenues. With regards to crowd attendance and viewership, PSL may be one of the biggest leagues out there. But when you compare the broadcast revenues, sponsorship amounts, and involvement of major brands, then PSL lags behind BBL or the Natwest T20 Blast. And even in the near future, I can't foresee a scenario where the situation gets much better for PSL.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: