Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:14:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The call for Julian Assange || The WikiLeaks Manifesto - We all should read it  (Read 1788 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 08:58:40 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2020, 09:12:37 PM by eddie13

I didn't read all this yet but might later..

I have just been wondering where TF that supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info dump is..

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you meant here. What have you been wondering about? Meaning the part "where TF that supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info dump". What do you mean by "supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info"?

IIRC he is supposed to have a deadmans switch embedded in the BTC blockchain that should dump a hash/password thing along with a link to encrypted files that will dump in the event of his death/kidnapping.. "Insurance Files"

Google "julian assange dead man's switch bitcoin"..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 09:34:05 PM

I didn't read all this yet but might later..

I have just been wondering where TF that supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info dump is..

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you meant here. What have you been wondering about? Meaning the part "where TF that supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info dump". What do you mean by "supposed BTC blockchain staked deadman switch info"?

IIRC he is supposed to have a deadmans switch embedded in the BTC blockchain that should dump a hash/password thing along with a link to encrypted files that will dump in the event of his death/kidnapping.. "Insurance Files"

Google "julian assange dead man's switch bitcoin"..

Wouldn't it be better if you provided a link or more than one link, if you are making the claim?  I did google those words, and I got this:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00LsWLVpISRwHUvqQjXAxZqJ0sJ5g%3A1594589491526&ei=M4ELX5bZH4TatQaRnIqICA&q=julian+assange+dead+man%27s+switch&oq=julian+assange+dead&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgIIADoECCMQJzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BAgAEEM6BQgAEIsDOggIABCxAxCLAzoLCAAQsQMQgwEQiwM6BggAEBYQHlC-CliVD2CkJGgAcAB4AIAB7AKIAd8LkgEHMC4yLjMuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXq4AQI&sclient=psy-ab

Are some links contained therein more credible than others?  Or, do you just accept the whole general theory (speculation) that a deadman's switch might exist in connection to Julian?

A similar theory has been made about Jeffery Epstein, in terms of suspicion that Epstein is still alive because otherwise a deadman's switch would have triggered.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 10:28:52 PM

Wouldn't it be better if you provided a link or more than one link, if you are making the claim?  

I don't know all that much about it..

Or, do you just accept the whole general theory (speculation) that a deadman's switch might exist in connection to Julian?

Basically..
I have known/heard of it for years/long time but don't really know.. Kinda disappointed that it hasn't happened.. I'm not an expert on it..  
Expected something to happen back when he was arrested, but nothing..
IDK..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 6312

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:28:05 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Months have passed and there are no good news about Julian Assange. Actually, the news are worst: he is facing new charges. His bail was denied, although he is very ill, his extradition trial was postponed from May, 18th to September, 7th (which means he will be in jail for a longer time)

Two months later, Julian's trial for extradition in US was started on September 7th. He was accused of 18 charges, 17 of them being linked related to the Espionage Act. If he will be found guilty and extradited to US, he may face 175 years behind bars. I wonder how can any rational judge imagine that a normal human being would live that much for spending 175 years in prison. Excepting the 49 years that he lived already. Maybe the judge believes that Assange is immortal, thus it would be easy for him to get released from prison at the age of 224 years.

Anyway, let's pay attention to the trial and let's see how unfair it will be. I wish I'm wrong, but I am almost sure that the judge is corrupt and the trial is rigged already, as it happened to Ross Ulbricht. Let's hope for the best though.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 04:56:29 AM

Heads-up about Julian's trial: the trial has ended and the judge announced that the resolution will be published on January 4th, 2021. This means 3 more months in jail for Julian before he finds out if he'll be exyradited to US. While serious press and also UN said it is unfair what's happenig to him, Australian govern still takes no action for its citizen...

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:48:15 PM
Merited by Gyfts (1)

Julian's trial for extradition ended on January 4th, as it was settled. Fortunately, the judge decided he won't be extradited to US. However, this is not a big win, as the court's motivation wasn't based on the journalism's free of speech. The judge decided that Julian's mental health is too low now, that he may attemp to suicide, and an American prison would not protect him from.committing suicide. The decision was taken, Julian will remain in UK, but the case won't make a precedent for other abuses of politics over journalism, due to the Court motivation.

Besides, the US prosecutors can appeal the decision within 14 days and they confirned they'll do it, although, in many's view, it will be in vain. Why in vain? Because (1) Trump may pardon Julian and (2) in case Trump won't pardon him, it is uncertain if Biden will be interested in having Julian extradited to US.

Unfortunately, the judge who denied Julian's extradition also denied his bail, thus he remains behind bars. Probably until the appeal will finish.

The good side is that recently two users sent 8.2 and respectively 4.5 BTC to WikiLeaks, for supporting Julian, according to the Twitter account WhaleAlert. I also tried to contribute to his cause somehow, by buying two of his books (Underground and Cypherpunks: Freedom and the Future of the Internet). It's not much, but it's something...

All in all, it is a great victory for Julian. But the victory is for him as a man, not as a journalist. The courts of law are not yet prepared to allow free speech of journalism, nor to protect journalists from politic oppression. It is obvious that the judge who analyzed Julian's case realized that he did nothing wrong for he constantly exposed the truth and this is why she saved him from being extradited to US, where he could face 175 years of prison. But, at the same time, I believe the judge was afraid to say she denies the extradition for Julian could not be accused of anything for stating only the truth. Instead, she chose to save him saying his mental health is too poor now for living in a US prison. It is good she saved him, but it is bad that she saved just the man Julian Assange, while the journalism is still exposed. Most likely, Julian will have to live all his life in UK now, where he at least knows that he is secure.

Let's see though also what happens after the appeal.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (4), Gyfts (2)

Almost a year passed since Julian won his right to not be extradited to US, yet he remained in prison all this time. US prosecutors said they will appeal the Court's decision but, for various reasons (which are unknown to me) the appeal started only at the end of October.

In summer, Julian's lawyers tried, and failed, to stop US from expanding the extradition appeal. As far as I know, in any country, if you want to appeal a decision of a Court then you have a certain amount of time to do so. This amount may vary, from a few days to a month (probably), but to expand the time for an appeal with almost 1 year -- this is something I never heard of! Even the decision of the Court taken during summer, allowing more time to US prosecutors for making the appeal for extraditing him is something unthinkable!

Yet time passed and the appeal started at the end of October and today high court took the decision that Julian can be extradited to US.

Based on Guardian's presented material, I find that judge's decision was itself a chaotic one, as the judge ruled that he can be extradited to US based on the fact that US authorities ensured that Julian won't be sent to a "highly restrictive prison", thus his detention regime would be a - how to say? - "manageable" one. Apparently, the judge which previously denied his extradition did so also taking into account that he could be sentenced in very bad conditions in US, conditions which his health could not endure.

But since "fellow US prosecutors" ensured the new judge that Julian's treatment will not be a bad one in US prison -- then there is no reason to not extradite him, right? /s

I wrote the above sentence with highest degree of sarcasm I can have, regarding such court decisions. Which, in my opinion, are based on nothing. It sounds like they really needed a motive to be able to extradite him, thus they made a huge brainstorming about what legal reasons they can invoke for permitting the extradition. Something like: "oh, he will be placed in a nice prison? He won't have a hard life there? Then there you go - you can have him! Case closed!".

Maybe a last sign of ration was shown by this judge at the end, as high court also ruled, according to Guardian, that "that the case be remitted to Westminster magistrates court with a direction that a district justice send the case to the secretary of state, who will decide whether Assange should be extradited to the US".

I highly doubt that the secretary of state would (ever) overrule a high court decision. Still, there is a chance. Meanwhile, Julian did all he could and announced he will also appeal this decision. I am wondering how much time he'll have at disposal for making the appeal. Obviously, he will never have one year, as US prosecutors had. Nevertheless, it would also not be his interest to delay the appeal, as he would be remaining in jail even more if he would do that.

All we can do now is to hope that he will win this appeal. And maybe - maybe! - after that he will finally be free.

We, on another side, should never forget all he did for us, as humans, and support his cause! Those who do not know what he did, please read all the materials I presented at the end of OP! Read at least the online available materials. But I also encourage you all to buy his books for truly understand all his efforts... Julian was (and still is) a Cyphperpunk. And his work, together with all the work Cypherpunks did, allow us now to have the Internet and communications the way they are. And by saying this I mean the fact that we can have private and encrypted communications; private and encrypted web surfing; private and encrypted crypto phones (these are some special phones which allow private communications which he mentioned in his book The Unauthorised Autobiography); freedom on Internet; free access to cryptography! Without Cypherpunks's work, without their crypto wars, probably all the Internet and our communications would be subject of total surveillance, as Orwell described in 1984. State surveillance exists, this is undeniable, but Julian and the other Cypherpunks offered us ways - for free - to be able to avoid this surveillance. By supporting one of these extraordinary people we show our respect for what Cypherpunks offered us!

#justiceforassange!

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 12:43:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3), Cnut237 (2)

Several months have passed since more news arrived about Julian Assange. And it's not good news...

On June 17th, 2022, the British home secretary Priti Patel approved the extradition of Julian USA. According to Guardian, Patel said that they had "“not found that it would be oppressive, unjust or an abuse of process to extradite Mr Assange". And, of course, Australian government still does not do anything to help its citizen.

After this decision was taken, Julian had the right to try to appeal it, within 14 days. At the moment it's unknown if Julian made the appeal or it status.

Meanwhile, the ones which are still loyal to Assange made another documentary about Julian. Film's name is Ithaka (more information here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15066072/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0). The movie depicts Julian's most recent struggles and his attempts to avoid the extradition to US. If it matters, movie's producer is Gabriel Shipton, Julian's brother. Many remarkable figures appear during the documentary, such as Julian's father, Julian's wife or Daniel Ellsberg -- the whistleblower which was sentenced to 115 years in jail, in 1973, for revealing the Pentagon Papers. I highly recommend you all to watch this documentary!

You can watch a trailer here: https://vimeo.com/637431702.

I also added Ithaka to Issues of Note section from OP.

Also, for those interested in watching a documentary about Daniel Ellsberg and Pentagon Papers, I recommend you this movie: The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. You can watch the full documentary on YouTube, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFVwpI40jM.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 10:00:06 PM
Merited by Cnut237 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I can do no better here than to quote the conclusions of indefatigable Glenn Greenwald:

The UK's Decision to Extradite Assange Shows Why The US/UK's Freedom Lectures Are a Farce
The Assange persecution is the greatest threat to Western press freedoms in years. It is also a shining monument to the fraud of American and British self-depictions.
Jun 17 [2022]

[...read it all!...]

Free speech and press freedoms do not exist in reality in the U.S. or the UK. They are merely rhetorical instruments to propagandize their domestic population and justify and ennoble the various wars and other forms of subversion they constantly wage in other countries in the name of upholding values they themselves do not support. The Julian Assange persecution is a great personal tragedy, a political travesty and a grave danger to basic civic freedoms. But it is also a bright and enduring monument to the fraud and deceit that lies at the heart of these two governments' depictions of who and what they are.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 10:03:07 AM

Several months have passed since more news arrived about Julian Assange. And it's not good news...

On June 17th, 2022, the British home secretary Priti Patel approved the extradition of Julian USA. According to Guardian, Patel said that they had "“not found that it would be oppressive, unjust or an abuse of process to extradite Mr Assange". And, of course, Australian government still does not do anything to help its citizen.

After this decision was taken, Julian had the right to try to appeal it, within 14 days. At the moment it's unknown if Julian made the appeal or it status.

As we all know, any appeal would be purely symbolic, and have absolutely no chance of success... given that the extradition approval itself was purely symbolic and has been utterly inevitable all along.

“In this case, the UK courts have not found that it would be oppressive, unjust or an abuse of process to extradite Mr Assange.
“Nor have they found that extradition would be incompatible with his human rights, including his right to a fair trial and to freedom of expression, and that whilst in the US he will be treated appropriately, including in relation to his health.”

Does the distinction between "have not found that it would be oppressive" and "have found that it would not be oppressive" provide the UK with the semblance of a defence when, inevitably, he's mistreated in the US?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 12:39:52 PM

As we all know, any appeal would be purely symbolic, and have absolutely no chance of success... given that the extradition approval itself was purely symbolic and has been utterly inevitable all along.

“In this case, the UK courts have not found that it would be oppressive, unjust or an abuse of process to extradite Mr Assange.
“Nor have they found that extradition would be incompatible with his human rights, including his right to a fair trial and to freedom of expression, and that whilst in the US he will be treated appropriately, including in relation to his health.”

Does the distinction between "have not found that it would be oppressive" and "have found that it would not be oppressive" provide the UK with the semblance of a defence when, inevitably, he's mistreated in the US?

Of course, if we disagree with the inability of the UK government to stand up to obviously bogus matters that really seem to arise to the level of overreaching - there is seemingly a bit of a whimpiness in the way the standards are discussed in terms of findings of whether their would be oppressiveness or not, and so for sure there is a difference in the two statements.. and those kinds of failures to find (or evidence fails to support such a finding) statements are common for courts to seem to get out of responsibilities.

For sure, I have not studied the evidence sufficiently to figure out what the evidence supports or not, even though from what information that I have come across through the years, those kinds of findings of lack of evidence of oppressiveness do not really seem to add up.   Many of us likely realize that however much he has been held (even if a lot of it was not even incarceration, officially) has likely already sufficiently been enough punishment for any kind of supposed crime that may have been committed (and I am not even willing to concede that part), and for sure both he and many others who had been vocalizing the free flow of information have been muzzled (considerably oppressed).  The powers that be remain quite scared of Julian - even though he has already become a lot less physically / mentally able to even muster up  a fight, but surely they want to shut up anyone who might attempt to follow in his footsteps.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 06:19:54 PM

The level they are trying to hunt down Assange is unprecedented and relentless. But how is it diferent from the Sudis killing Khashoggi? At the end the US is just killing Assange slowly, but it should be viewed in the same way. It's a systematic crackdown of the old school hackers that has been going on for years done by the US.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2022, 01:13:36 AM

The powers that be remain quite scared of Julian - even though he has already become a lot less physically / mentally able to even muster up  a fight, but surely they want to shut up anyone who might attempt to follow in his footsteps.

Two words:  Exemplary punishment.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2022, 06:40:49 AM

The powers that be remain quite scared of Julian - even though he has already become a lot less physically / mentally able to even muster up  a fight, but surely they want to shut up anyone who might attempt to follow in his footsteps.

Two words:  Exemplary punishment.

Seems like the thing exemplary punishment is both being attempted and actually accomplished in Julian's case.

The process is the punishment in this case as well (book by the same name describing regular criminal proceedings in such a way).

Ross Ulbricht seems to have been suffering a similar ongoing outcome of "exemplary punishment."

johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 08:26:43 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2022, 09:15:38 PM by johhnyUA

I can do no better here than to quote the conclusions of indefatigable Glenn Greenwald:

Glenn Greenwald is pro-kremlin troll (due to many well respected people) who justify russian army and tries to accuse ukrainian one. As a witness of russian action I can consider Glenn Greenwald as a Putin whore, and anyone who read and trust him - as Useful idiot.

The same problem with Julian Assange: He hated USA so much that step-by-step turned to be ruskie-chinesee whore. No no empathy for him. I'm not glad about what happened to him, but as it said in russian proverb: "Пoмep Hикoдим - нy и XУЙ c ним"

And yeah, a little obituary to Assange from a good russian and my good friend (yeah, in Russia still a lot of honest and brave people who figthing against kremlin imperialism and Z-ombie curse):

"Уникaльнocть Accaнжa пpидyмaли Гибcoн, Cтepлинг и Кo.

Cюжeт вeдь был тpaдициoнным. Good night, and good luck. "Бyмaги Пeнтaгoнa". Уoтepгeйт. Иpaн-кoнтpac (xoтя тyт cpaбoтaлa нe штaтoвcкaя пpecca, нo пpинцип тoт жe). He гoвopя o дeлax пoмeльчe - вpoдe бoйни в Coнгми, пытoк в Aбy-Гpeйб или ceкpeтныx тюpeм в Чexии.

Ктo-тo "нe мoжeт мoлчaть" и cливaeт oтвaжнoмy жypнaлиcтy инфopмaцию, нe peкoмeндyeмyю к pacпpocтpaнeнию. Oтвaжный жypнaлиcт бoитcя, нo пpeдпpинимaeт paccлeдoвaниe и пyбликyeт. Пoпытки зaткнyть poт пpoвaливaютcя. Лeтят гoлoвы. Oбщecтвeннocть нeгoдyeт. Издaния oтxвaтывaют Пyлитцepa, a Cпилбepг c Клyни cнимaют фильмы.

Tpaдиция!

A тyт нaм пooбeщaли, чтo paз ecть тaкoй "интepнeт", тo вcё пoйдёт инaчe, вплoть дo "peвoлюции" (дaльшe былo чтo-тo нeвpaзyмитeльнoe пpo cлaвныx бoeвыx aнoнимycoв, кoтopыe нe зaбывaют и нe пpoщaют). Пoвepили вce, вплoть дo Accaнжa, кoтopый peшил, чтo жypнaлиcтcкaя paбoтa нe нyжнa, a мoжнo пpocтo вывaлиcь нa пyбликy cвaлившийcя в pyки apxив Чeлcи Mэннинг.

Пoлyчилocь нe oчeнь. T.e. oчeнь плoxo, нa caмoм дeлe, пoлyчилocь.

Шyмy, кoнeчнo, былo мнoгo, и "Accaнж - нaш гepoй" кpичaли, и дaжe Кaмбepбэтч eгo cыгpaл (cыгpaл плoxo, и в плoxoм фильмe - нeт, дaлeкo нe "Post"). Ho вcё кaк-тo нe пo нoвoмy cюжeтy пoшлo, a пo вcё пo тoмy жe cтapoмy.

Mы oбнapyжили, чтo интepнeт интepнeтoм, a пpaвилa вcё тe жe.

Bыяcнилocь, чтo бeз пpoфeccиoнaльнoй жypнaлиcтcкoй пoдaчи caми пo ceбe мaтepиaлы нe paбoтaют, a знaчит - и гoлoвы нe лeтят. Пpeмию нe дaли. Чeлcи Mэннинг вмecтe пытoк и paзpeзaния нa кycки oплaтили (дa, кaк вoeннocлyжaщeй - зa cчёт apмии CШA) тepaпию пepexoдa, a пoтoм и вoвce выпycтили пpи пepвoй жe вoзмoжнocти. Accaнж влип, кaк в дypнoм aнeкдoтe, пo фopмyлe Гopбaтoгo: "Гoвopил я eмy, чтo кaбaки и бaбы дoвeдyт дo цyгyндepa!" - дoвeли. Любимoe дeтищe oчeнь быcтpo cтaлo пoзopным cливным бaчкoм - кaк cтaнoвитcя им любoe издaниe, нe yмeющee вecти coбcтвeнныe paccлeдoвaния и пyбликyющee, "чтo пpиcлaли" (пpивeт poccийcким дeвянocтым - тoгдa в этy дыpy pyxнyли мнoгиe). Бoeвыe aнoнимycы, кaк вcкope выяcнилocь, пoд "cвoбoдoй" пoнимaли иcключитeльнo пpaвo нa тpaвлю гeймepш, нy a cимвoлoм aнтиcиcтeмнocти oкaзaлcя нacлeдный миллиapдep Tpaмп, нe жeлaющий плaтить нaлoги.

Кибepпaнк yмep, кaк yмepли мpaчныe пpopoчecтвa Xaйнлaйнa.

Пoxoжий нa cмypнoгo пpaвocлaвнoгo иepeя, глaвный гepoй фaнтacтичecкoй литepaтypы pyбeжa 980-90-x был вывeдeн пoд pyки из пocoльcтвa, и кpичaл oн пpи чтo-тo coвceм yж нeaдeквaтнoe и пoзopнoe - чтo-тo пpo твиттep, кoтopый был coздaн, чтoбы тaйнo пpaвить миpoм.

Tвиттep, бoжe мoй!

Goodnight, sweet prince."
https://t.me/RottenKepkenChannel/2965

"A чтo дypнoгo в тoм, чтoбы пocaдить нa 175 лeт личнoгo дpyгa Mapгapиты Cимoньян?

Пытaюcь нaйти минycы и нe вижy."
https://t.me/RottenKepkenChannel/17818

"(Accaнж пpoшёл интepecный пycть oт «Cвoбoдy икoнe кибepaнapxии!» дo «Пocaдили кaкoгo-тo coтpyдникa "Бoкo Xapaм Tyдeй" — дa и лaднo».)"
https://t.me/RottenKepkenChannel/14051

T,e: Бoкo Xapaм Tyдeй == Russia Today
Why Boko Haram? Because RT pushing takes not to different to those which pushing Boko Haram (at least i think so. Never asked him about it)

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2022, 10:03:40 PM

<Context removed from internal quote by johhnyUA, here explained by nullius:  A short excerpt of a Greenwald article about Assange.  The article does not mention Russia.>

Glenn Greenwald is pro-kremlin troll (due to many well respected people) who justify russian army and tries to accuse ukrainian one. As a witness of russian action I can consider Glenn Greenwald as a Putin whore, and anyone who read and trust him - as Useful idiot.

A totally unjustified, viciously insulting off-topic attack on Greenwald shows the soundness of your judgment here.

What’s next?  Will you denounce my citations of Greenwald’s seminal reporting on privacy, security, and mass-surveillance?  Perhaps you will denounce Snowden as retroactively a “Putin whore”, whose disclosure of secret mass-surveillance programs must be wrong because America must not be criticized?  It is interesting that Snowden is only in Russia as an asylee, because the only alternative for him is an American prison.

Only Russia is evil.  Russian evil not only relevant to all topics, but the primary topic in all topics.  If you do not comply with the groupthink of the war psychosis, then you are The Enemy(TM).  It shows your thought process.

For the record:  I do not agree with Greenwald about everything; to the contrary.  I am independent, but I lean pretty far to the right.  I was pro-Greenwald years before Greenwald suddenly became popular on the right—back when speaking favourably of Greenwald could get me treated as having cooties in some circles, due to his lifestyle.  Well, I am independent; I did not need Tucker Carlson’s stamp of approval to form my opinion of Greenwald.  I simply recognized that Greenwald is a straight shooter on some issues of overwhelming importance.

Hereto off-topic, but relevant to your post:  American warmongering.  I noticed that at least twelve years ago, Greenwald dared to criticize the sacrosanct Obama administration for continuing and worsening some Bush war policies.  The mainstream “antiwar” American left suddenly shut up and toed the line, when the U.S. president was changed from (R) to (D).  Greenwald called them out for it:  He is honestly, consistently opposed to America’s wrecking of other nations.  I highly respect that—as, of course, I also respect his stances on privacy and on the freedom of speech.

Was Greenwald a “Putin whore” for opposing American policies in the Middle East?  If not, why is he one now, simply for applying the same principles to the American security state’s years-long belligerent policies towards Russia?  You brand him a “Putin whore” because he is not a hypocrite, and he does not change his principles according to popularity or political convenience!

The over-the-top way that you are attacking Greenwald, Assange, and (in multiple threads) me, I would suggest that you are an “American whore” if I wished to descend to your level of discourse—or if I wished to insult actual working whores, some of whom are good Bitcoiners.  I wish neither, so I will simply point out that your argument amounts to hating anyone who does not blindly hate Russia.

Off-topic—but unfortunately relevant, insofar as I have been insulted as a “Useful Idiot”:

Don’t you care that innocent Russians and Ukrainians are dying because the U.S. professional nation-wreckers decided to blow up that part of the world?  I wish that the war could stop.  I am outraged at the U.S. and NATO for causing it.  And I absolutely will stand up here on the Bitcoin Forum against the U.S. propaganda system’s censorship, misinformation, disinformation, and one-sided demonization of Russia.

My post history reflects that I have been all along consistently opposed to the American Empire.

I will not let anti-Russian trolling further drag me into an off-topic debate, on a thread about the injustice against Assange.

The same problem with Julian Assange: He hated USA so much that step-by-step turned to be ruskie-chinesee whore. No no empathy for him. I'm not glad about what happened to him, but as it said in russian proverb: "Пoмep Hикoдим - нy и XУЙ c ним"

<big snip>

You are making the Russians and the Chinese look good here.  Reading your argument, I feel favourably towards them.

Your problem:  You hate Russia so much that you will betray every principle, and attack anybody, from sheer spite against anything that is not actively anti-Russian.  No matter who they are, where they are, or what their reasons!  To you, anyone who does not hate Russia is The Enemy(TM).

1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 6616

Currently not available - plz check my websitelink

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2022, 10:21:20 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2022, 02:06:21 AM by 1miau

<Context removed from internal quote by johhnyUA, here explained by nullius:  A short excerpt of a Greenwald article about Assange.  The article does not mention Russia.>

A totally unjustified, viciously insulting off-topic attack on Greenwald shows the soundness of your judgment here.
It might be off-topic but johhnyUA is completely right: Glenn Greenwald is indeed a host of Russian propaganda and Greenwald can't be trusted (~Greenwald).
Greenwald is completely brainwashed by Russian propaganda: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5388472.msg60530002#msg60530002

I would like to add a text here from Alex Gladstein, a known Bitcoiner from the Human Rights foundation (the text is about Bitcoiners from Ukraine and Russia, here Bitcoin Core Contributor Gleb Naumenko from Ukraine, describing how Bitcoin is useful for them) :

But still, he [Bitcoin Core Contributor Gleb Naumenko] told me that he wanted to be very clear about something: “What happened is a blatant, illegal invasion. I’m tired of hearing how Ukraine’s freedom from Russia is a U.S. intelligence operation, and how helping Ukraine to defend itself is bad,” he said. “To my friends in America, please remember that the Russian oppression of Ukraine is a much longer story than the existence of your entire country. Even as a libertarian, you’re supposed to defend other peoples’ right to defend themselves. This understanding has been lost.”

“I know a lot of libertarians in Ukraine and Russia,” Naumenko continued, “and they ALL oppose the invasion and don’t make apologetic arguments. They think supporting Ukraine is good. The Russian libertarians even support providing Ukraine with weapons. They know what Putin is.” One can be a dogmatic libertarian, or an anarcho-capitalist, he said, but this only works if your country isn’t at risk. To paraphrase Mike Tyson, “Everyone has an ideology until they get punched in the mouth.”

The surprisingly common angle in the Bitcoin community that the war isn’t Putin’s fault is important to address. For the purposes of this essay, a short overview of Ukraine’s history will be helpful, to establish the fact that Ukraine has been in the process of statebuilding — and resisting foreign attacks, invasions and occupations — for nearly 1,000 years. This reality is encased in the country’s national anthem, which begins with the words: “Ukraine has not yet perished.”
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/culture/currency-of-last-resort

So, you see, Greenwald is not to be trusted. Better Alex Gladstein than Glenn Greenwald.  Smiley
Greenwald's effort to advocate for Assange is noble, but misguided because Greenwald is using Assange to protect Putin's regime by whitewashing Putin's crimes in Ukraine.  Undecided
Greenwald has lost his mind completely and he's now actively justifying Putin's war crimes.  Angry

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2022, 06:42:14 AM

The same problem with Julian Assange: He hated USA so much that step-by-step turned to be ruskie-chinesee whore. No no empathy for him. I'm not glad about what happened to him, but

This has been gnawing at my conscience.  I recall Lauda’s and my debate with you about empathy, to which you seem to allude with your “no, no empathy for him” remark:
Empathy it's one of the most important principles of humanism. [...]
BUT! I agree with you that we can't have empathy for criminals.  Wink
I must modify what I just said in the other thread:
If you want to be my enemy, it is your choice.
If you want to be my enemy, it is your choice to attack, to insult, and to smear a man who has risked all and sacrificed all to fight for justice and for freedom—who is now essentially fighting for his life against an evil empire that has personally targeted him for destruction.  And for what!?  Because you got so upset by Greenwald’s reporting of facts that I cited elsewhere about American propaganda and censorship—facts you did not and could not rebut, because they are true—you could not control your spite in following me across threads, thus to bash Assange here.

Do you really want to do such a reprehensible thing?  Do you hate Russia so much that you lost all reason about all else?

If that is your way of promoting the Ukrainian cause, then Ukrainians should hope that you are not their best public representative.

I stand with Assange.

It might be off-topic but

So, why are you derailing a thread about Assange with your hatred for both Greenwald and Russia?

I have been following Greenwald’s reporting on this type of topic for years.  Now, you effectually declare him an unperson:  You forbid me to cite him about Assange in an Assange thread, on pain of you and johhnyUA trolling me across threads with a bunch of vicious, totally off-topic anti-Greenwald and anti-Russia attacks.

As I said in the other thread:

Glenn Greenwald is pro-kremlin troll
I can consider Glenn Greenwald as a Putin whore,
Greenwald is a dipshit.  Cheesy
liar Glenn Greenwald has obviously purchased some real estate in Putin's ass recently.

Truly, your rationality, eloquence, and reasonableness in discourse are astonishing.

Years ago, when people on the right sneered at me that I shouldn’t read stuff by that liberal fag Greenwald, I told them to fuck off.  Your cheap insults (and dogwhistles?) will not so easily dissuade me from reading the reports of a man with sterling journalistic integrity and personal courage, whom I respect for the same reason that you now ridicule him:  He reports on unpopular facts that people do not want to see.

I stand with Greenwald.

And I stand with Assange.

GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2022, 11:19:52 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 07:27:46 AM by GazetaBitcoin
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Time passes and no good news come from one of the last Cypherpunks, Julian Assange. In my earlier post I wrote that it was unknown, at the moment, if Julian appealed British home secretary Priti Patel's decision to give Assange to US authorities. Meanwhile, Guardian, maybe one of Assange's last loyal supporters, confirms that the appeal was made. However, we don't know when we will hear the outcome of this appeal.

Of course, during all this time, Julian is still held prisoner in jail, where he lives since 2019.

Meanwhile, his lawyers initiated a trial against CIA, accusing the agency for spying on Assange while he was under political asylum inside Ecuador embassy, by taping his discussion with his lawyers. According to Guardian, "Robert Boyle, a New York attorney representing the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, said the alleged spying on Assange’s attorneys means the WikiLeaks founder’s right to a fair trial has “now been tainted, if not destroyed. There should be sanctions, even up to dismissal of those charges, or withdrawal of an extradition request.”."

While this trial is a small attempt to help Julian somehow, most likely, no charges against him will be lifted...

However, more and more people pressure Australian government to help one of his iconic citizen, while Biden is under heavy media pressure to lift the charges put on Assange's head.

Five big international media outlets wrote an open letter to Biden, entitled as Publishing is not a crime.

Publishing is not a crime: The US government should end its prosecution of Julian Assange for publishing secrets.

Twelve years ago, on November 28th 2010, our five international media outlets – the New York Times, the Guardian, Le Monde, El País and Der Spiegel – published a series of revelations in cooperation with WikiLeaks that made the headlines around the globe.

“Cablegate”, a set of 251,000 confidential cables from the US state department, disclosed corruption, diplomatic scandals and spy affairs on an international scale.

In the words of the New York Times, the documents told “the unvarnished story of how the government makes its biggest decisions, the decisions that cost the country most heavily in lives and money”. Even now in 2022, journalists and historians continue to publish new revelations, using the unique trove of documents.

For Julian Assange, publisher of WikiLeaks, the publication of “Cablegate” and several other related leaks had the most severe consequences. On [April 11th] 2019, Assange was arrested in London on a US arrest warrant, and has now been held for three and a half years in a high-security British prison usually used for terrorists and members of organised crime groups. He faces extradition to the US and a sentence of up to 175 years in an American maximum-security prison.

This group of editors and publishers, all of whom had worked with Assange, felt the need to publicly criticise his conduct in 2011 when unredacted copies of the cables were released, and some of us are concerned about the allegations in the indictment that he attempted to aid in computer intrusion of a classified database. But we come together now to express our grave concerns about the continued prosecution of Julian Assange for obtaining and publishing classified materials.

The Obama-Biden administration, in office during the WikiLeaks publication in 2010, refrained from indicting Assange, explaining that they would have had to indict journalists from major news outlets too. Their position placed a premium on press freedom, despite its uncomfortable consequences. Under Donald Trump however, the position changed. The DoJ relied on an old law, the Espionage Act of 1917 (designed to prosecute potential spies during world war one), which has never been used to prosecute a publisher or broadcaster.

This indictment sets a dangerous precedent, and threatens to undermine America’s first amendment and the freedom of the press.

Obtaining and disclosing sensitive information when necessary in the public interest is a core part of the daily work of journalists. If that work is criminalised, our public discourse and our democracies are made significantly weaker.

Twelve years after the publication of “Cablegate”, it is time for the US government to end its prosecution of Julian Assange for publishing secrets.

Publishing is not a crime.

The editors and publishers of:
The New York Times
The Guardian
Le Monde
Der Spiegel
El País

Last, but not least, this year a new book about Julian's struggle was published: The Trial of Julian Assange: A Story of Persecution, written by Nils Melzer's (I also added this title to OP). I was not sure if I could buy it from my country, but I was lucky and, after a few weeks while I searched for various places where I hoped to find it, I finally found it!

Therefore, I proudly present you:

Needless to say, the book from top-left corner of the picture is Edward Snowden's Personal Record, another great (and shocking) writing, which I recommend you all to read as well.

I added this title to the four books written by Assange and to the other book which I bought, which also depicts his life, The Most Dangerous Man In The World: The Inside Story On Julian Assange And WikiLeaks, written by Andrew Fowler.

To all those supporting his cause: please buy this book too! Maybe it's the smallest gesture we can make for him and for his cause!

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 7550

🔐Icarus CEO💳

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2023, 08:26:10 AM

i wanted to BTCump this very interesting topic up again, because the BitcoinMagazine has immortalized Julian Assange's image on the Bitcoin blockchain as ordinals.
http://ordinals.bitcoinmagazine.com/inscription/4af9047d8b4b6ffffaa5c74ee36d0506a6741ba6fc6b39fe20e4e08df799cf99i0
in addition, the cover of the new print issue (The Gatekeepers) has been dedicated to his face/person, serving as "a reminder of the price some have paid so that we can all enjoy our freedoms"

https://store.bitcoinmagazine.com/collections/magazines/products/bitcoin-magazine-annual-subscription

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████