Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STD] StandardCoin - BUILT-IN EXCHANGE - Permanently Rising Rate  (Read 47930 times)
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:48:45 PM

The earlier investor is investor A not investor 1. Investor A is the one who joined the Price Valuation Phase.
Investor 1 is just an example, he re-present for all the Initial Investors, who hold 100m STD.

You cannot describe a hypothetical "Investor 1" withdrawing his funds without explaining exactly what investment that very same person made in the first place, and how many STD they got for that investment.
The Investor 1 got his 100m STD in the Price Valuation Phase, which costs him 40 BTC.

And then 100 mil more are mined and sold for 40 btc (cause value is fixed). Using those 40 btc initial investment. Then investor 1 wants to sell back his 100mil std, which costed him 40 btc but OH WAIT no btc are left.

Not a scammer, just bad "quality" post :trollface:
Hi ghibly79,
you are incorrect regarding the 40BTC - the price guarantee does not guarantee the initial investment. In essence the investment of initial investors and other investors buying from the reserve is used to implement the guarantee of ALL investors and miners.

This coin is not a scam if the exchange and BTC reserve run by the dev is trustworthy and hopefully the BTC reserve is secured against hacking. But there are other concerns, as I have described in my original post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522874.msg5908692#msg5908692 . Point 1) was addressed by the dev, but I believe the others remain.

I'm not endorsing this coin, I'm just having fun watching people struggling with math or full of greed, fanboys and all that jazz. Popcorn, please! Wink

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:02:22 PM

I redefine the rule system to my liking too. From now on I'm going to give positive trust points to all posts that I really like or those that I feel are getting unjustfied trust points until proven right. How do you like my new rule ghibly79?

Don't feed the trolls
ghibly79 is the troll here. He made 50 posts about this being scam. I just hate arrogant bastards who think they on own exclusive right to bend the rules to their liking.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

Whatever the truth behind this coin you cannot just abuse the trust system.

If BTCtalk had any mod team worthy of that name, you'd be already banned ghibly.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
standardcoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:11:05 PM

The earlier investor is investor A not investor 1. Investor A is the one who joined the Price Valuation Phase.
Investor 1 is just an example, he re-present for all the Initial Investors, who hold 100m STD.

You cannot describe a hypothetical "Investor 1" withdrawing his funds without explaining exactly what investment that very same person made in the first place, and how many STD they got for that investment.
The Investor 1 got his 100m STD in the Price Valuation Phase, which costs him 40 BTC.

And then 100 mil more are mined and sold for 40 btc (cause value is fixed). Using those 40 btc initial investment. Then investor 1 wants to sell back his 100mil std, which costed him 40 btc but OH WAIT no btc are left.

Hi ghibly79,
you are incorrect regarding the 40BTC - the price guarantee does not guarantee the initial investment. In essence the investment of initial investors and other investors buying from the reserve is used to implement the guarantee of ALL investors and miners.

This coin is not a scam if the exchange and BTC reserve run by the dev is trustworthy and hopefully the BTC reserve is secured against hacking. But there are other concerns, as I have described in my original post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522874.msg5908692#msg5908692 . Point 1) was addressed by the dev, but I believe the others remain.

I'm not endorsing this coin, I'm just having fun watching people struggling with math or full of greed, fanboys and all that jazz. Popcorn, please! Wink
Point number 2: The stored STD is not just reduced, it can also be filled up by investors taking their profit, so if 90% of the stored STD are sold, the selling rate really makes no sense but if some of the investors are dumping their coins, the price will make sense.
Point number 3: AMC can not go up easily, that's why a help from multipool is very important. This pool will keep mining and increase AMC.
Point number 4: Yes, price can fall below GER if the dev is not trust worthy. Just like any exchange, when you entrust your money with them, there is a risk that they will take your money and run away, unless the income that fee generates is much more worthy for the exchange.
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:13:57 PM

Hi ghibly79,

Nope. Let's simplify even more, pushing it to 1+1 level.

Let's say scammer op gets 15 btc from the ipo ("price evaluation phase" like he calls it). The day this coin launches I'll buy 15 btc worth of STD, thus doubling the GER, cause I doubled AMC. Then immediately sell all back right after. I'll get 30 btc, effectively stealing 15 btc out of ipo bag holders.

This is probably what op is planning to do anyway, though probably not all in one go to keep this thing running a bit more, to steal some more.

The last to sell will be left with 0 value std.

Can't make it clearer than this.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:25:13 PM

Not to mention his exchange is not decentralized, you are effectively giving bitcoins to some nobody with zero history and hoping he won't run away with the money: he stated "nobody is holding anything, you send your btc and the exchange send std back automatically" OH REALLY? SO YOU ARE KEEPING THE BTCS and there is no guarantee you'll buy back anything.

That's another point but it's pretty obvious, didn't feel the need to remark initially, but better do it now given the level of the comments there ^^'

Imho he probably won't run with the money, anyway: he'll just let the ponzi run and steal slowly with the above method.
But this added risk is there too, like Tomatocage pointed out.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:31:39 PM

Whatever the truth behind this coin you cannot just abuse the trust system.

If BTCtalk had any mod team worthy of that name, you'd be already banned ghibly.

Except I'm not abusing. I'm giving negative feedbacks to proved untrustworthy people (I consider maths a proof, yes).
flyboy665

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:12:28 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:01:15 PM by flyboy665

Only question I have is what is the configuration file for this wallet (nodes) since I can't seem to sync...

I am willing to take the risk even if it is a ponzi scheme whatever...

try these nodes:
addnode=85.3.43.4:60391
addnode=134.3.176.190:52847
addnode=101.167.59.225:62175
addnode=83.82.233.102:62096
addnode=112.81.142.180:50138

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624842.0).BJtjyx5UVfhkdkAGL2Y8GFMwNZMFnQaBmr
jomay

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

Hi ghibly79,

Point number 2: The stored STD is not just reduced, it can also be filled up by investors taking their profit, so if 90% of the stored STD are sold, the selling rate really makes no sense but if some of the investors are dumping their coins, the price will make sense.
Point number 3: AMC can not go up easily, that's why a help from multipool is very important. This pool will keep mining and increase AMC.
Point number 4: Yes, price can fall below GER if the dev is not trust worthy. Just like any exchange, when you entrust your money with them, there is a risk that they will take your money and run away, unless the income that fee generates is much more worthy for the exchange.
Well... you assume that people will actually sell using the rate offered by the "reserve exchange". I find that highly unlikely (unless there is a trust issue), because:
  • if the free market price M >> GER then every trader will sell on the free market.
  • if the free market price is very close to GER then a trader would buy STD, as the downside risk is almost zero. The GER works like an implicit PUT Option for the pricing of STD's, and this Option has a value >0.
In other words I doubt that anyone will sell at your exchange (at least if there is a secondary market) - unless the coin dies.

I haven't checked your update in detail, so some numbers in the following might be somewhat off, but the principle remains.
In the beginning STD's will trade between [1,2]*GER, or more generally [1,2/F]*GER where F is the fraction of the reserve left for sale. As/If the price of the coin rises the reserve will slowly be depleted. Now suppose the price rises to 10*GER, then obviously people will buy from the reserve till buying from the reserve is more expensive than 10*GER.

Hence we know that 2/F=10 and therefore F = 1/5. In other words if the price was to go up 10x then you'd have to find buyers for 80% of the reserve STD's. This is not easy.

Besides the trust/security issues I find this an interesting concept and way to increase the market cap of a coin as the demand increases.

jomay

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:27:42 PM

Hi ghibly79,

Let's say scammer op gets 15 btc from the ipo ("price evaluation phase" like he calls it). The day this coin launches I'll buy 15 btc worth of STD, thus doubling the GER, cause I doubled AMC. Then immediately sell all back right after. I'll get 30 btc, effectively stealing 15 btc out of ipo bag holders.

This is probably what op is planning to do anyway, though probably not all in one go to keep this thing running a bit more, to steal some more.

You would make a certain loss with your "system". I think you are missing that you get less STD per BTC invested as the reserve gets depleted. Work the numbers and you'll see.

If you double the AMC (AMC=the BTC reserve) right after the IPO you get half the STD reserve - which has just been cut to 100Mio STDs. So you buy 50Mio STDs for 15 BTC, whilst initial investors bought 100Mio STDs for 15 BTC. Selling immediately loses you more than 1/2 your BTC.

If I was a scam-dev creating standardcoin I would not run with the BTC after the IPO - I would wait if STD's go up in value as that naturally gets more BTC into the reserve. Once that number is high enough (like 10.000 BTC?) I'd run...
...but I believe pulling such a scam actually has a pretty bad impact on my real-live job, so no-thank-you.

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

Hi ghibly79,

You would make a certain loss with your "system". I think you are missing that you get less STD per BTC invested as the reserve gets depleted. Work the numbers and you'll see.

If you double the AMC (AMC=the BTC reserve) right after the IPO you get half the STD reserve - which has just been cut to 100Mio STDs. So you buy 50Mio STDs for 15 BTC, whilst initial investors bought 100Mio STDs for 15 BTC. Selling immediately loses you more than 1/2 your BTC.

If I was a scam-dev creating standardcoin I would not run with the BTC after the IPO - I would wait if STD's go up in value as that naturally gets more BTC into the reserve. Once that number is high enough (like 10.000 BTC?) I'd run...
...but I believe pulling such a scam actually has a pretty bad impact on my real-live job, so no-thank-you.

Mmm.... no: GER=AMC/MMS
Right after ipo, in my example, AMC=15 btc, MMS=400 mils (TOTAL money supply, as the dev stated in one of his explanations, I'll go get the link if you missed it). So GER=15/400m=3.75 satoshi (will be rounded to 4 but let's skip that). If I buy 15 btc at 3.75 satoshi I'll get whatever amount of STD (depending on how fast the GER will rise during the buying order filling, but it's irrelevant to calculate), let's say X STD.
Now GER=30/400m=7.5 satoshi. Now I sell X STD back: price CAN'T DROP by design so the same X will be worth more btc now. Not exactly double, that was an oversimplification: with the underway rising GER during your buy order you practically bought initial STD for 3.5 then some more at let's say 4 then some more at 4.5 and so on, till 7.5, gradually. When you sell back you sell ALL at 7.5 so you'll get way more, cause you'll sell back the initial increments (bought at 3.5 .... 4 ...4.5....and so on) all at 7.5 too. You'll need to know the exact function and integrate for the exact figures, but it's unnecessary and given the average level of the comments I wanted to avoid it as the pest xD
Exact numbers are unnecessary, you will get more.
tibbyte

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:17:15 PM

Need a new version of the wallet for Windows (I have windows 7). I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what I should do to make a purse began to synchronize.
jomay

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

Hi ghibly79,

Right after ipo, in my example, AMC=15 btc, MMS=400 mils (TOTAL money supply, as the dev stated in one of his explanations, I'll go get the link if you missed it). So GER=15/400m=3.75 satoshi (will be rounded to 4 but let's skip that). If I buy 15 btc at 3.75 satoshi I'll get whatever amount of STD (depending on how fast the GER will rise during the buying order filling, but it's irrelevant to calculate), let's say X STD.
Now GER=30/400m=7.5 satoshi. Now I sell X STD back: price CAN'T DROP by design so the same X will be worth more btc now. Not exactly double, that was an oversimplification: with the underway rising GER during your buy order you practically bought initial STD for 3.5 then some more at let's say 4 then some more at 4.5 and so on, till 7.5, gradually. When you sell back you sell ALL at 7.5 so you'll get way more, cause you'll sell back the initial increments (bought at 3.5 .... 4 ...4.5....and so on) all at 7.5 too. You'll need to know the exact function and integrate for the exact figures, but it's unnecessary and given the average level of the comments I wanted to avoid it as the pest xD
You don't buy new STD at GER from the reserve. You buy new STD at the upper bound as I derived it - in fact you'd buy it at a higher rate if you buy a large(r) chunk. It was the marginal cost of an infinitesimal additional investment in STD.

There's no need to integrate here, the dev also doesn't do it. There is also no gradual selling as you describe it - all of it is sold at once and at the GER. The GER does not change during selling, as it is AMC/MMS, i.e. guaranteed for all coins, even coins that will be mined in the future.

It would be good if the dev adds some formulas to his website and his example just as I did in my posting. That way mathematically inclined people could follow his arguments way easier.

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:27:41 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 10:12:31 PM by ghibly79

Hi ghibly79,

You don't buy new STD at GER from the reserve. You buy new STD at the upper bound as I derived it - in fact you'd buy it at a higher rate if you buy a large(r) chunk. It was the marginal cost of an infinitesimal additional investment in STD.

There's no need to integrate here, the dev also doesn't do it. There is also no gradual selling as you describe it - all of it is sold at once and at the GER. The GER does not change during selling, as it is AMC/MMS, i.e. guaranteed for all coins, even coins that will be mined in the future.

It would be good if the dev adds some formulas to his website and his example just as I did in my posting. That way mathematically inclined people could follow his arguments way easier.

I buy apples.
First apple costs me 1$.
Second apple 2$.
3rd 3$.
And so on.
Last apple 10$.

Now I sell all apples back at 10$. Will I be getting more or less $ back?

And if I get more (obvious) who is paying for those extra $?

No need for formulas either, really. It's that simple....

There is also no gradual selling as you describe it - all of it is sold at once and at the GER. The GER does not change during selling, as it is AMC/MMS, i.e. guaranteed for all coins, even coins that will be mined in the future.

So you are saying the system calculate the new GER when executing your order, then gives you BTC/newGER in STD? In this case initial investors 100mil will be worth 2x after that (30 btc total in my example). If they now sell back, new investors are the bag holders ^^'
Last seller will be holding the bag either way you do the calculation, cause it's a Ponzi ^^'
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

still .. the catch is that if everyone wants to withdraw there will be at some point no BTC to withdraw anymore.. so it´s a risky run .. who stays in longer ..make profit and can get the money out and who stays to long there

kind of like the system Smiley
I don't see any risk in the long run here since everybody can take their money out at anytime they like without affecting the GER, in other word: not affecting other investors. When somebody take their BTC out, there will be more STD for new investors, the only effect this action causes is: benefit the future investors.

the risk is .. what happens if there are no new investors comming?. then you will have STD to sell but no one to buy them back so that the system freezes
Did you know what they say about Bitcoin? What if no one want to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.. anymore? If it happens, your coins will worth nothing. Its value is 0.
StandardCoin is different, at least you know that your StandardCoin has some value even if no one want to buy it anymore. And you also know that your coin's value is rising continously.
StandardCoin is not just a coin. It's a system where your money is protected.
Gold Standard System didn't work well in the past. But Bitcoin Standard System, with helps from modern technologies, may work.

Ok let's play your game a second, just to get some fun out of this mess.
Ok, I imagine that no one want to buy some BTC any more and unfortunately the value fall to 0. STD is backed with BTC right? so?. Are you saying you backed up the coin will real money/silver/gold? Unicorn dust?

I suggest you read through the system first. If there is something unclear, I'll be glad to answer your questions.

You cute. I understand it, don't worry.

I am not saying any bad thing about Bitcoin or the cryptocurrency community. BTC in crypto world is like Gold in the real world. It has value because people believe it is.
Yes, STD is backed up by BTC, if BTC worth nothing than STD will worth nothing. Any other coins will worth nothing. The crypto currency community will collapse.

Just want to point out that this is a common fallacy. Gold is an extremely useful natural resource. The purified form is many orders more valuable than the raw mineral. It is a noble metal and definitely has actual trade value independent (of any value assigned by an authority) in the ideal theoretical "commodities-only" form on which all of the free-market and/or capitalist theories are based.

From teeth to electronics it's gold gold gold everywhere. Pure gold is very valuable for goods production.

Cryptocoins of any type are the purest possible form of fiat money. There are a few very old terms for what they are including hobo nickels and my personal favorite, funny money. We should all be very clear on at least that last point. The US dollar itself is fiat money but this is not to confuse it with a commodity like gold which has actual real world value and a tangible trade value outside of any institution.

Any comparison of gold to cryptocoins is just like finding similarities between bricks and air. Even more so! More like comparing the value of bricks and the value of daydreaming about a cool breeze.
standardcoin (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:42:23 PM

I thought Tomatocage was a reasonable guy so I sent him a message regarding his feedback and how ghibly79 couldn't understand the system. But instead of going through the system and try to understand it, he choosed to ignore me. What a shame!

But nevermind, the system will still go on as planned.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:47:59 PM

I thought Tomatocage was a reasonable guy so I sent him a message regarding his feedback and how ghibly79 couldn't understand the system. But instead of going through the system and try to understand it, he choosed to ignore me. What a shame!

Or maybe, just maybe, he understoods it perfectly just like me Wink
It's a "possibility".

Must be a case all seasoned members here are telling it's a ponzi while jr members are defending you.
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

Or maybe, just maybe, he understoods it perfectly just like me Wink
It's a "possibility".

Must be a case all seasoned members here are telling it's a ponzi while jr members are defending you.

The frequency of their posts on this forum in no way speaks about the experience or intellect of the user posting. I very rarely have a reason to post here, usually just reading ann threads but read much more somewhere else. In fact I'd be more likely to believe that someone who has thousands of posts here has a fucking agenda that they feel they need to spread around and is less to be trusted than someone who rarely posts here.

Case-in-point: assholes of this forum trust-bombed standardcoin even though they likely have never, ever traded coins with that user. This is an absolute abuse of the system and is the result of assholes pushing their own agendas or ideas about things instead of using an internet forum for what it actually is fucking for. Shitheads easily turn this into a trollbox instead of a discussion forum. Everyone who un-trusted standardcoin is a fucking douchebag for the simple reason that they are abusing the intent of that system.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:09:53 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 10:20:54 PM by ghibly79

Nope, number of posts doesn't necessary mean anything, but some more experience with all the frauds going on here may just give you that edge. Also Tomatocage is pretty good at spotting scammers, he showed it over a long period of time.

Beside that I provided extensive (overextensive.... given the simplicity of the problem) explanation. No need to trade coins with him, his scam isn't based on trading trust. It's a ponzi, another thing. Matematically proved ponzi.

It's like saying "hey, send me your btc, I'll give you back (1-1)*(15-45sqrt9/4^(4/3)*13-2) btc"
"but that's zero btc..."
"shut up u noob you don't understand the system"
"scammer.... -6 trust..."
"omg abusing the system"

You guys are CUTE.

Over. For real this time.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:32:21 PM

Nope, number of posts doesn't necessary mean anything, but some more experience with all the frauds going on here may just give you that edge. Also Tomatocage is pretty good at spotting scammers, he showed it over a long period of time.

Beside that I provided extensive (overextensive.... given the simplicity of the problem) explanation. No need to trade coins with him, his scam isn't based on trading trust. It's a ponzi, another thing. Matematically proved ponzi.

It's like saying "hey, send me your btc, I'll give you back (1-1)*(15-45sqrt9/4^(4/3)*13-2) btc"
"but that's zero btc..."
"shut up u noob you don't understand the system"
"scammer.... -6 trust..."
"omg abusing the system"

You guys are CUTE.

Over. For real this time.

They got enough warning. If they want to try...so be it.
Some are ready to trade their common sense and integrity for the fairy money..., you and some are not, that's a good news.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: