Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:42:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STD] StandardCoin - BUILT-IN EXCHANGE - Permanently Rising Rate  (Read 47931 times)
Rainer4256

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

It isn't my first investment and it won't be my last one. I spent 120$ hoping for a profit. If I'm going to lose who cares?

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:25:24 PM

It isn't my first investment and it won't be my last one. I spent 120$ hoping for a profit. If I'm going to lose who cares?

I'm not trying to bash your bet (don't call it investment xD). You can go play all your money on Just-dice or the like if you want. The point is different, as explained thoroughly. I think it's enough for this round. See ya Wink
nbphuoc

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:35:07 PM

You (two) are missing the point, or pretending to: he's (trying to) deceive people to invest into a pretended secure investment, where you cannot lose. While it's not the case. This is the very definition of a Ponzi scheme.
His wording is clear.
All cryptos are risky investments, kind of gambling too if you want, but nobody is telling you "ehy invest in my coin cause you cannot lose, cause I invented a system where you cannot lose, nobody ever thought about that!" (which is ofc a joke, and a scammy claim).

If you realized it's actually just a gamble good for you, but this doesn't cancel out he's attempting to deceive people to scam them. And by the way judging from the replies, many people are not even realizing (or pretending not to..).

Moreover there is the centralized "exchange" owned solely by him and the big trust issue involved. But that's just a nice "plus" xD
Half of this is enough to give him plenty of negative feedbacks. That's why we gave him.
Aren't all exchanges centralized?
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:40:50 PM

Aren't all exchanges centralized?

Sure they are. But in this case the dev is trying to bring STD to another exchange, Bittrex.

CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

Ofc, that's what I said: big trust issues involved. You are taking the risk with big companies, not with a nobody anonymous new member, who is acting shady to begin with (puts up a Ponzi as first action, answers "nobody is holding anything" when someone rises doubts about his "exchange", which ofc is false).

And, to remark once more, this problem is a plus, the system being a ponzi worded as secure investment is enough of a scam and the reason for my negative.
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:45:37 PM

Ofc, that's what I said: big trust issues involved. You are taking the risk with big companies, not with a nobody anonymous new member, who is acting shady to begin with (puts up a Ponzi as first action, answers "nobody is holding anything" when someone rises doubts about his "exchange", which ofc is false).

And, to remark once more, this problem is a plus, the system being a ponzi worded as secure investment is enough of a scam and the reason for my negative.

Isn't even the banking system a Ponzi? And ~90% of the people have a bank account? Betting 120$ is simply my business, whenever, wherever.

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

Betting 120$ is simply my business, whenever, wherever.

Agreed. Dev trying to scam people, however, is another matter and that's what led us tagging him. Not what you do with your money Wink

As for banks being a ponzi: some may agree some others not but that's totally OT as we are not discussing in a thread opened by some JP Morgan's ceo.
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:55:56 PM

Betting 120$ is simply my business, whenever, wherever.

Agreed. Dev trying to scam people, however, is another matter and that's what led us tagging him. Not what you do with your money Wink

As for banks being a ponzi: some may agree some others not but that's totally OT as we are not discussing in a thread opened by some JP Morgan's ceo.

I don't know what is driving you to repeatedly warn the people of this coin. I presume your intents are honest.
But for my part, I'm not going to give this coin a bad rating IN ADVANCE. Let's see if it succeeds or fails. In the latter case I will rate it like you, be sure.

SweetLou

Activity: 210

http://Sweet.Domains

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:01:46 PM

such hate. many arguments. wow.

I sell domain names, check out my thread here or you can also visit my website Sweet.Domains.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:03:48 PM

Just my personal hate vs scammers: they make everything harder for everyone dwelling in this community.

And for the last time (then even a die hard arguer like me is giving up xD): the point is not if the coin will succeed or not, or if some are making a profit or not.
A fraud can succeed and even go on for a long time and some people may profit (definetly the dev will, for example xD xD) but it's still a fraud, manipulating people into thinking it's a surefire investement (some will realize, like you, many will not, or even won't believe until too late).

And the proposer of a fraud is a scammer, and gets the deserved tag (this was the central point of the "flame").
Then you are free to try to ride the ponzi, or whatever you want.
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:12:26 PM

Just my personal hate vs scammers: they make everything harder for everyone dwelling in this community.

And for the last time (then even a die hard arguer like me is giving up xD): the point is not if the coin will succeed or not, or if some are making a profit or not.
A fraud can succeed and even go on for a long time and some people may profit (definetly the dev will, for example xD xD) but it's still a fraud, manipulating people into thinking it's a surefire investement (some will realize, like you, many will not, or even won't believe until too late).

And the proposer of a fraud is a scammer, and gets the deserved tag (this was the central point of the "flame").
Then you are free to try to ride the ponzi, or whatever you want.

Too late for me, the milk is spilt!  Cheesy

hucker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:13:57 PM

Probably no more risky than investing in any other coin.

And you really ought to try some pharmaceuticals that they won't give you in a pharmacy.  Your mood is too serious.
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:18:20 PM

Probably no more risky than investing in any other coin.

And you really ought to try some pharmaceuticals that they won't give you in a pharmacy.  Your mood is too serious.

Maybe you are right about the risk, but (omg.... again.... ) the point is legit devs aren't try to hide the risk making you believe the opposite and bla bla bla all the other things. That's what scammer devs do and end up getting tagged.

Maybe I'll take your advice about drugs, having to repeat the same obvious point for like 10 times is getting to me Wink

Out, going to get some of that good stuff you mentioned.
hucker

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:21:07 PM

Maybe you are right about the risk, but (omg.... again.... ) the point is legit devs aren't try to hide the risk making you believe the opposite and bla bla bla all the other things. That's what scammer devs do and end up getting tagged.

That's IF he's a scammer.  Why can you not accept that he may be telling 100% truth?
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

That's IF he's a scammer.  Why can you not accept that he may be telling 100% truth?

Time will tell!

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

That's IF he's a scammer.  Why can you not accept that he may be telling 100% truth?

I am. I'm totally convinced he's telling 100% the truth. I'm a firmier believer than you. And that truth is he's running a ponzi xD
I'm not going to explain it to you again. You go and read some pages ago if you want.

Time will tell!

Indeed, but then it'll be too late. Not needed since it's all on his website, you just do the math or read some reply back Wink

Bye.

(if you were trolling, I willingly fed you).
hucker

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:28:30 PM

I am. I'm totally convinced he's telling 100% the truth. I'm a firmier believer than you. And that truth is he's running a ponzi xD
I'm not going to explain it to you again. You go and read some pages ago if you want.

You just contradicted yourself.  Is English not your first language?
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:30:50 PM

You just contradicted yourself.  Is English not your first language?

Maybe he forgot to say "irony off".  Grin

hucker

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

I don't do irony, I find my clothes lose their creases after I wear them for a while.
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

I don't do irony, I find my clothes lose their creases after I wear them for a while.

I didn't mean you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: