Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:22:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEX•FURY 11+Gh/s USB Stick Miner [ IN STOCK UK, EU ] Shipping Worldwide  (Read 36114 times)
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:59:34 PM

For 265$
at current exchange value 265$ / 590$/btc = 0,449152542btc
0,449152542btc / 0.0108 btc/Gh/s (CEX.IO) = 41.6GH/s for the same price...

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LordTheron (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:59:12 PM

Quick update.

First units  have been sent out yesterday, and today. UK customers should get their orders tomorrow, US within next 1-3 days. EU up to 5 days, depending on shipping option.

I've included  USB injector cable for free so have fun and don't destroy your toy  Grin. Once you will get your miner and hook it up to good hub with min 3A  you will get very nice surprise. Grin  Your Hex will perform at around 12.5Gh out of the box. Grin Been waiting with this surprise till last moment.  Wink

Please see below how Mighty HEX•FURY is performing out of 5V, no OC, 3A hub. All units perform almost exactly the same so all of you will see higher performance. I hope this will put smiles on your faces. Smiley

Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:24:46 AM

For 265$

Yes, we all know this, but you should post this on Economy board for those who don't know it... with subject: "USB MINERS ARE NOT FOR GETTING ROI"

HEX is priced like other this type hardware on market and its worth it, maybe not like invest but like device, maybe you will not be able to see any more power full USB miner, ever on market.

GJ LordTheron

Smiley

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:40:42 AM

Hell yes, gotta get me one of these.

Two actually, I'll round up the BTC and put in my order tomorrow.  Smiley

bitgtr

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:04:47 AM

For 265$

Except that you can't point your hashpower anywhere but ghash.io if you buy it off cex.io  Tongue

To everyone comparing USB miners to any other miner in terms of ROI, $/GH ratio, or whatever - stop. They will never yield more profit than if you had bought BTC with the money instead, and they will never offer the best $/GH ratio. Everyone knows this. You're not some kind of modern Aristotle for figuring it out as well. What USB miners offer is flexibility: unlike buying "cloud" hashing power you can mine whatever SHA-256 alt you like; unlike larger miners they don't cost multiple thousands of dollars and Watt-hours just to get started; and unlike straight up purchasing a given cryptocurrency you can buy them with a credit card or PayPal - none of this pfaffing around with exchanges.

If you consider yourself a "serious miner" and you've got hundreds or thousands of GH/s at your command, fantastic. I applaud your dedication and financial contribution to keeping the network secure. But don't you think that coming into merchant threads and moaning about how their products are too expensive for you is a bit beneath you? If you have the cash for a big miner, go spend 15k on 6TH/s from Spondoolies Tech and see how fast that ROIs (hint: it won't, not any more than any other miner will - including these).

Alright, rant over. Thanks for reading  Tongue
Rondoz

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:37:04 PM

I suppose hexfury cannot work on a  pc usb at any hasrate, right?  Huh
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

I suppose hexfury cannot work on a  pc usb at any hasrate, right?  Huh

Not sure what you mean by any hashrate. If your hub is powered and is min 3A, that is sufficient to run Hex full speed as in my post above.   Smiley
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:49:43 PM

Not sure what you mean by any hashrate. If your hub is powered and is min 3A, that is sufficient to run Hex full speed as in my post above.   Smiley
I guess he might have meant "what happens if I plug it into a standard USB 3 port?  Will it hash at a lower rate with lower current, or will it not work at all?"

With possible follow-up question "what if I plug it into a USB charging port on my computer?" (the answer to that, depending on the above, being "check the maximum current it can deliver, it might be noted near the port itself or you should be able to find it in your computer's documentation/motherboard manufacturer's website)

Rondoz

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:56:31 PM

I guess he might have meant "what happens if I plug it into a standard USB 3 port?  Will it hash at a lower rate with lower current, or will it not work at all?"

With possible follow-up question "what if I plug it into a USB charging port on my computer?" (the answer to that, depending on the above, being "check the maximum current it can deliver, it might be noted near the port itself or you should be able to find it in your computer's documentation/motherboard manufacturer's website)

Yes that question. Is it possible to operate at any hashrate if you plug it in a regular usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 directly on a computer motherboard? Not in a usb hub. I know usb 2.0 can provide 0.5A and usb 3.0 around 0.9A (?) so, will it hash, at what speed?  Cool
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:43:17 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 02:09:12 PM by LordTheron

Not sure what you mean by any hashrate. If your hub is powered and is min 3A, that is sufficient to run Hex full speed as in my post above.   Smiley
I guess he might have meant "what happens if I plug it into a standard USB 3 port?  Will it hash at a lower rate with lower current, or will it not work at all?"

Yes that question. Is it possible to operate at any hashrate if you plug it in a regular usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 directly on a computer motherboard? Not in a usb hub. I know usb 2.0 can provide 0.5A and usb 3.0 around 0.9A (?) so, will it hash, at what speed?  Cool

Yes you can plug it in to any hub and it will work, or at least on most, so far i haven't found hub that doesn't work. The lower the current is the lower hashrate will be. I don't have any low power hubs below 2A so I can't tell you what hashrate will be. 0.5A is normally per port and if your hub can share current between ports without limit you shouldn't have problems with power on pretty much standard hubs. If you are going to use it on pc, usb 3 hub will work well, most of them are over 2A.

Hex works well on hubs  2A+, usb2 or usb3. ( on PI only usb2) . I cannot guarantee how it will work on hubs below that so its up to you guys to run it on setup that will meet the requirements. As I said should still work but not sure how well.

In fact, Hex hes been designed to be tinkered with so you should use adjustable external power for you hub, and this is when you will see its full potential.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:22:26 AM

syndicated fluff Smiley
Hex•Fury - World's Fastest USB Bitcoin Miner Yet… - Everything USB
Hex-Fury Claims To Be “Fastest BitCoin Miner” - ubergizmo

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:52:08 PM

Hi Guys,

Review units have been delivered. Independent reviews will follow soon Smiley

Also I'm going to update the webstore at the weekend with some special offers so please check the thread for update.

I still can't take BTC payments through my webstore Embarrassed  so if you want to pay in BTC then please PM me with your order  and I will send you payment details. It will get automated as soon as I find a solution.

Cheers,
LordTheron
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

Are you able to use Coinbase?  They have a simple a quick cart setup for BTC payments on websites.
I hope it helps.

Hi Guys,

Also I'm going to update the webstore at the weekend with some special offers so please check the thread for update.

I still can't take BTC payments through my webstore Embarrassed  so if you want to pay in BTC then please PM me with your order  and I will send you payment details. It will get automated as soon as I find a solution.

Cheers,
LordTheron

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:50:20 PM

Is it possible to get a single sample so that I can write a proper driver for BFGMiner? It sounds like this is currently recognized as Bi*Fury and shows the hashrate wrong.

Thanks in advance for any support  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:00:03 PM

Are you able to use Coinbase?  They have a simple a quick cart setup for BTC payments on websites.
I hope it helps.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
LordTheron

Yes I've looked at it and have merchant account but it doesn't integrate with my cart software, and that is the problem.  I can send payment requests directly from Coinbase  but all has to be processes manually. The cart I'm using now is very nice but no one is making BTC plugins so best option is to move my store to a new cart. I got one couple days ago Wink and rebuilding my store as I write this. Old webstore is working as it was and will be until new store is fully setup and domain repointed. All account  will be migrated and all users will be notified. I hope to have it fully up and running by the end of next week.

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:01:19 PM

Is it possible to get a single sample so that I can write a proper driver for BFGMiner? It sounds like this is currently recognized as Bi*Fury and shows the hashrate wrong.

Thanks in advance for any support  Grin

Dev unit will be shipped on Monday Wink
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:41:10 PM

I see now.
Could be worse remember at least you are able to make sales still in the meantime.

I hope it helps.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
LordTheron

Yes I've looked at it and have merchant account but it doesn't integrate with my cart software, and that is the problem.  I can send payment requests directly from Coinbase  but all has to be processes manually. The cart I'm using now is very nice but no one is making BTC plugins so best option is to move my store to a new cart. I got one couple days ago Wink and rebuilding my store as I write this. Old webstore is working as it was and will be until new store is fully setup and domain repointed. All account  will be migrated and all users will be notified. I hope to have it fully up and running by the end of next week.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

The protocol is exactly the same as for the bi*fury devices (and also the same for the One String Miner), so cgminer already supports them.
The code assumes 2 job queues so I assume you worked within that framework despite the extra chips?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

I don't think it is 100% the same.  There must be something different somewhere.
On BFGMiner with the current driver the current hash rate is show at half the speed it is running at.  On the same hand the effective speed shows up properly.
I have tried it on 2 different systems with the same results.
On cgminer it for the most part shows up properly but drops the pool connections frequently.
I will keep you posted as I finish my tests.
The unit itself runs nice and cool as well as fast.  It has been a great miner so far.  Once the driver situations are cleared up the skies the limit with this little beast.
I really like it.

I apologize if I missed it, but did you say if it would be supported by cgminer? Where did you see the pricing? I must have looked over it.

The protocol is exactly the same as for the bi*fury devices (and also the same for the One String Miner), so cgminer already supports them.

First post has been updated with prices, by the way.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:03:34 AM

On cgminer it for the most part shows up properly but drops the pool connections frequently.
That doesn't make sense if you're implying the driver somehow causes this. What do you mean drops the pool connections? Most stratum connections on cgminer stay up for weeks when pools are stable.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: