Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEX•FURY 11+Gh/s USB Stick Miner [ IN STOCK UK, EU ] Shipping Worldwide  (Read 36113 times)
cscape

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:47:34 AM

The protocol is exactly the same as for the bi*fury devices (and also the same for the One String Miner), so cgminer already supports them.
The code assumes 2 job queues so I assume you worked within that framework despite the extra chips?

Not sure where the 2 job queues come from, but the firmware internally uses a single queue with room for 4 jobs. That's the same on bi-fury and hex-fury. The only difference is that the hex-fury jobs are processed faster because there are more chips, but this should be transparent for the driver.

For the OneStringMiner version with the serial bus, the job queue has been extended to 16 (but we're still experimenting with that), because it supports a total of 16 boards with 15 chips each, so it goes through the work a lot faster.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cscape

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:50:34 AM

I don't think it is 100% the same.  There must be something different somewhere.
On BFGMiner with the current driver the current hash rate is show at half the speed it is running at.  On the same hand the effective speed shows up properly.
I have tried it on 2 different systems with the same results.
Maybe the problem is that the firmware version string still reports "2 chips", but when it submits results, it provides a chip number 0 through 5. That's the only thing I can think of that would be different between the devices.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:24:54 AM

The protocol is exactly the same as for the bi*fury devices (and also the same for the One String Miner), so cgminer already supports them.
The code assumes 2 job queues so I assume you worked within that framework despite the extra chips?

Not sure where the 2 job queues come from, but the firmware internally uses a single queue with room for 4 jobs. That's the same on bi-fury and hex-fury. The only difference is that the hex-fury jobs are processed faster because there are more chips, but this should be transparent for the driver.
I wrote the driver for BXF aka Bi*fury at the time and while it sends enough work based on the request for more work, it stores data in its API assuming 2 chips exist because that's all the original devices had. As I said earlier, it probably only affects the data that's shown in the API. A string of invalid chip number messages in verbose mode and lack of debug support for the extra chips is likely the only consequence, but I don't know how many people ever looked at the API output of these devices which I originally added to aid debugging of which chip was doing what:

Code:
[STATS3] =>
(
   [STATS] => 3
   [ID] => BXF0
   [Elapsed] => 79099
   [Calls] => 0
   [Wait] => 0.000000
   [Max] => 0.000000
   [Min] => 99999999.000000
   [Version] => 1.2
   [Revision] => 1
   [Chips] => 2
   [NonceRate] => 0.663417
   [NoMatchingWork] => 0
   [Temperature] => 48.400000
   [Max DeciTemp] => 525
   [Clock] => 54
   [Core0 hwerror] => 598
   [Core1 hwerror] => 142
   [Core0 jobs] => 8458
   [Core1 jobs] => 8227
   [Core0 submits] => 5239
   [Core1 submits] => 5581
   [USB Pipe] => 0
   [USB Delay] => r0 0.000000 w0 0.000000
   [USB tmo] => 46161 0
)

EDIT: Shouldn't be hard for me to generically change it to as many chips are reported in chips, but I believe some earlier samples/firmware didn't report that so I'll add a workaround.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:41:37 AM

It could be as it definitely reports oddly.
It's still a fun miner though.  There is so much room to improve it's performance with low overhead.

I don't think it is 100% the same.  There must be something different somewhere.
On BFGMiner with the current driver the current hash rate is show at half the speed it is running at.  On the same hand the effective speed shows up properly.
Maybe the problem is that the firmware version string still reports "2 chips", but when it submits results, it provides a chip number 0 through 5. That's the only thing I can think of that would be different between the devices.

cscape

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:49:15 AM

EDIT: Shouldn't be hard for me to generically change it to as many chips are reported in chips, but I believe some earlier samples/firmware didn't report that so I'll add a workaround.
And some new firmware reports the wrong value Sad

Also, the OneStringMiner devices allow a simple serial connection to connect multiple boards through 1 'master' board connected to a USB port (potentially resulting in hundreds of chips). The firmware automatically detects and counts these boards, but this is done in parallel with the USB enumeration/initialization, so the number of chips could increase some time after the miner application request the version string. In theory, the user could even dynamically add some extra boards after the device has been running (although this would not be a common procedure).

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:50:58 AM

I'll leave it as is then  Roll Eyes Only real concern is trying to write outside the bounds of the array and causing corruption but I think I accounted for the possibility of illegal values already.

-ck
cscape

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:55:47 AM

If someone wanted to get per-chip statistics, the better way would be to have a dynamic list, which grows automatically when a new chip is mentioned in the results.

Of course, with the number of chips growing into the hundreds, the value of knowing exactly what happens in each individual chip starts to diminish. EDIT: also, measuring these statistics in the driver, with a high difficulty setting, produces very erratic per-chip results, unless you measure over very long times.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:58:25 AM

This is very cool.
The OneString and HexFuries are definitely build to expand.

Also, the OneStringMiner devices allow a simple serial connection to connect multiple boards through 1 'master' board connected to a USB port (potentially resulting in hundreds of chips). The firmware automatically detects and counts these boards, but this is done in parallel with the USB enumeration/initialization, so the number of chips could increase some time after the miner application request the version string.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:32:03 AM

If someone wanted to get per-chip statistics, the better way would be to have a dynamic list, which grows automatically when a new chip is mentioned in the results.

Of course, with the number of chips growing into the hundreds, the value of knowing exactly what happens in each individual chip starts to diminish. EDIT: also, measuring these statistics in the driver, with a high difficulty setting, produces very erratic per-chip results, unless you measure over very long times.
I'm well aware of ways to work around it, but I don't think anyone's using the data so with so much else to work on, unless it's requested I'll just leave it as is.

-ck
cscape

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

I'm well aware of ways to work around it, but I don't think anyone's using the data so with so much else to work on, unless it's requested I'll just leave it as is.
I was actually thinking that the user interested in having better statistics would volunteer to do the work themselves Smiley

LordTheron (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:05:57 PM

On cgminer it for the most part shows up properly but drops the pool connections frequently.
I will keep you posted as I finish my tests.
The unit itself runs nice and cool as well as fast.  It has been a great miner so far.  Once the driver situations are cleared up the skies the limit with this little beast.
I really like it.

I apologize if I missed it, but did you say if it would be supported by cgminer? Where did you see the pricing? I must have looked over it.

First post has been updated with prices, by the way.

I'm not sure what is causing problems with bfgminer. It will get resolved soon. As to cgminer, it works flawlessly. I have 32 Hex connected for the last 24 hrs and not gtting any pool disconnections. Are you sure that your pool is not having problems?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

It is not the HexFury I am sure of that.  It runs great on BFG despite the odd reporting.
It has run fine overnight though this time.
I am also running a OneString DIY1 that is running great as well.
I should be able to get the reviews of both done and up later today or by tomorrow morning.
The HexFury is solid and fun.  I really like it.  I also really like the OneString.  Solid units both.

On cgminer it for the most part shows up properly but drops the pool connections frequently.
I will keep you posted as I finish my tests.
The unit itself runs nice and cool as well as fast.  It has been a great miner so far.  Once the driver situations are cleared up the skies the limit with this little beast.
I really like it.

I apologize if I missed it, but did you say if it would be supported by cgminer? Where did you see the pricing? I must have looked over it.

First post has been updated with prices, by the way.

I'm not sure what is causing problems with bfgminer. It will get resolved soon. As to cgminer, it works flawlessly. I have 32 Hex connected for the last 24 hrs and not gtting any pool disconnections. Are you sure that your pool is not having problems?

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:11:11 PM

Hi guys,

Review and setup guide are available now at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555471. Cheers dogie.  Smiley

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:09:45 PM

I've put some generic changes into the new release of cgminer, 4.2.3, for these devices.

See:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg6051499#msg6051499

-ck
fydel

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:39:33 PM

Interested. Do they have a CE sign?

hamster
LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

I've put some generic changes into the new release of cgminer, 4.2.3, for these devices.

See:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg6051499#msg6051499

Thats great! Thank you. Your dev unit is on its way, should be with you tomorrow  Grin

LordTheron (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:32:33 AM

Interested. Do they have a CE sign?

No they don't.  Last time I've checked, there was no requirement for CE  mark on usb deices that are powered from host PC. The device itself cannot function on its own and requires host PC (psu CE marked) running custom miner software. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:12:36 PM

I had a great interview with LordTheron on the HexFury and did a review of it as well.
The HexFury is really fun.  I still am blown away at it being so powerful and USB powered.
Check it out  I hope you all enjoy.  Thanks Lord Thereon for the excellent interview.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/hexfury-first-11ghs-usb-miner/2014/04/04
Happy Mining.

skibum

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:33:37 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 07:45:34 PM by skibum

I received one of LordTheron's HEX•FURY units and have been running it for the past six hours on Minepeon.  Status page reports average temp of 55.9C (running with fan blowing on it) and average rate of 12.84G/12.01Gh/s.  I also want to thank LordTheron for hopping on Skype with me to help me with a few questions.  Based on my experience thus far, I recommend that you check out one (or more) of the HEX•FURYs.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

Dogie's comprehensive C-Scape HexFury USB setup guide is up!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: