Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What old coins are you still holding?  (Read 7481 times)
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 03:06:20 PM

I still own a few XLM from the first crypto airdrop I received wayback 2014 if Im not mistaken I received more than 6k XLM at that time and I just left some like 50 XLM as a remembrance in that wallet I dont know if I will spend it in the near future but if the value go up high like $50 each I maybe sell it.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3meek

Activity: 2408
Merit: 673

God, save BTC!

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 04:22:43 PM

I still own a few XLM from the first crypto airdrop I received wayback 2014 if Im not mistaken I received more than 6k XLM at that time and I just left some like 50 XLM as a remembrance in that wallet I dont know if I will spend it in the near future but if the value go up high like $50 each I maybe sell it.
I don't think XLM will grow to such prices, but at $1 for 1 XLM I would expect! Sometimes it's nice to find a few coins on some wallet... Wink
Sometimes some projects from 2017 suddenly started to grow in price... Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 04:45:18 PM

I don't think XLM will grow to such prices, but at $1 for 1 XLM I would expect! Sometimes it's nice to find a few coins on some wallet... Wink
Yes, the chance of XLM reaching $50 is nil considering the present market circulation and the price. The price was around 0.0022$ during the year 2014, and further it has reached a peak value of value close to 0.4$ which is a massive thing on the bull market. Now the price is found around 0.074$, which isn't near to even $1. Hope it'll be reached someday than blind expectation of $50.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 02:40:55 PM

To hold a coin for too long, i usually go for ones with realistic usecases, I hold matic for its layer-2 scaling solution compatible with ethereum and bluzelle - for being a decentralized network for data storage. Both can be staked with mouth-watering APR.
It can be a great opportunity if you know how to play. it's all about how much knowledge you have with the coins that you will have in the future.
Yes, it all depends on how much knowledge he has on an old token or coin, but indirectly if someone who holds the old coin is considering some real cases, then automatically he already knows a lot about that coin.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2020, 02:43:25 PM

different token as uses with returns of the past terms of work on bounty and trading of selling stuff online. sometimes that different picks on token gives of advantage without the customs as following movement on chart and more with fundamental news on release from the token developer.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
monig1981

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 03:25:35 PM

I am not holding large amount of any coin. But a small amount of ETH,XRP,XLM
I holding .I bought these at high prices due to lack of knowledge .That's why still holding and waiting for my buying prices.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 03:45:02 PM

I have the oldest coin, Bitcoin, where I use Bitcoin as my safe point for shopping on cryptocurrency exchanges. It is my main currency in the digital world.

Then there is the fifth oldest coin, namely DOGE. The low price makes me really like using DOGE and having it for bill payments, cellphone credit, hosting services and VPS through local resellers.

Here is information about when the oldest coin was released, click here
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 04:59:03 PM

I have lots of coins or tokens in my Eth wallet from the last 2017 to now. I am not holding actually. Some of those are really useless because of their potential. Some tokens don't have any utility now. I can not buy those shitty coins or tokens so that I am holding those in my wallet. Some token's price is as less as it can't afford the exchange fee also. That's why I am not going to tell the tokens name because I have many.

Pompa

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 08:55:20 PM

O have many old coin  hold , they are different value  most of them are scrap  and others are valueble. I have many sacrifices to hold our coins but it doesn't gives me profits . I'm hoping someday that one of coins become successful.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 11:54:00 PM

I have the oldest coin, Bitcoin, where I use Bitcoin as my safe point for shopping on cryptocurrency exchanges. It is my main currency in the digital world.

Then there is the fifth oldest coin, namely DOGE. The low price makes me really like using DOGE and having it for bill payments, cellphone credit, hosting services and VPS through local resellers.

Here is information about when the oldest coin was released, click here

Bitcoin is the oldest and most reliable cryptocurrency in existence today. This is an oddity considering that most old coins tend to become abandoned and de-listed from exchanges over time. That's why Bitcoin is a good-old coin worth holding for a very long time. Ethereum is also worth considering, since it has an established presence on the crypto/Blockchain industry. The large number of developers working to make Ethereum a better smart contract platform for all, shows us that it'll stand the test of time. By all means, your holdings on both Bitcoin and Ethereum will be able to last a lifetime.

Dogecoin is another option as well. Most people use it for micropayments and daily trading. I don't think there are other uses for the meme cryptocurrency. After all, it was abandoned by developers for quite some time. Dogecoin is becoming obsolete as other cryptocurrencies stay in the lead. I still hold many DOGE earned from faucets, but I don't expect it to be a long term investment because of the reasons stated earlier. On top of that, DOGE has a huge supply of coins which could have a negative impact over its price on the market. It's great as a short term investment than anything else.

Nonetheless, old coins will eventually pass by as new coins take the lead (except in the case of Bitcoin and Ethereum). It's best to put most of your investment into new coins, while putting a small fraction into old coins in order to reduce risks as much as possible. Otherwise, you'll be left holding a bunch of worthless coins that cannot be traded on the free market. Their underlying blockchain networks may still be healthy, but without a market, no one will support them. At least, old coins' source code can be put to good use by launching a brand new cryptocurrency that's able to build upon the original project's legacy. That's thanks to the decentralized and open source nature of crypto. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jimbo Abu

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

(┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡Axi

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 03:21:09 PM

Currently, I have been holding for years now and this the list of my coins Bitcoin, Xrp, Dash, and bch these coins are too good I earned a huge profit from it and I'm planning to sell it now.

/Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple /
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:11:37 PM

Yes, the chance of XLM reaching $50 is nil considering the present market circulation and the price. The price was around 0.0022$ during the year 2014, and further it has reached a peak value of value close to 0.4$ which is a massive thing on the bull market. Now the price is found around 0.074$, which isn't near to even $1. Hope it'll be reached someday than blind expectation of $50.
Expecting something that seems or is clearly impossible, I think it is an attitude of greed to make a profit even from an airdrop and not about sacrificing money by investing. Btw, I also participated in the launch or release of the xlm and to be honest, I've used all of them with nothing left but as time goes by, I decided to hold onto xlm for the long term too, but didn't expect something really big like that because this is an old coin which continues to strengthen with many updates being made.

My favorite is still Monero. It is a very safe and reliable cryptocurrency. Crypto experts believe that before the 2020th year ends, this altcoins will reach 155-167 USD. As soon as I managed to buy a lot of alts on the dump, my expectation is to make money on its future rise.
Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:48:07 PM

A lot of cryptocurrencies have been created throughout time.

I personally have not held onto any old or even dead blockchains.
~

With some shame on my part, I would like to tell that I still holds those coins and tokens that I got from different airdrops and giveaways when I started trying this cryptocurrency things. I'm not proud that I still has many of those zero-valued coins and tokens. I did some advertisements of them on different social media just to get some tokens from them, but in the end, the coin has still no value. Dead projects made me sick that time, so I decided to stop joining giveaways and airdrops if the tokens that they offer has zero alue in the market or is not listed on any exchange platform.
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:21:19 PM

I also keep many coins that I received since 2018, some of them have no value, and some of them are too low in value, but I continue to believe that things will change for the better someday.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:32:46 PM

I raised a thread sometimes ago comparing the old and new coins in the present market. Altcoin does not have that long history and could be difficult to predict what will happen to them in this market. Only the reliable old coins with real use case will thrive in this present market, most of them will struggle and if they cant make good volume for the exchanges that is adding coins weekly they will be delisted. Most of the coin will rely on the price pump of bitcoin and some may have one last pump before the death. It will be very important for most of them to revive their community or bring new attractive Ideas.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:50:18 PM

I raised a thread sometimes ago comparing the old and new coins in the present market. Altcoin does not have that long history and could be difficult to predict what will happen to them in this market. Only the reliable old coins with real use case will thrive in this present market, most of them will struggle and if they cant make good volume for the exchanges that is adding coins weekly they will be delisted. Most of the coin will rely on the price pump of bitcoin and some may have one last pump before the death. It will be very important for most of them to revive their community or bring new attractive Ideas.
To have good volume the coins should be useful to attract the investors, any coin that simply copies other coins will die off and that is what we are seeing for the past five years. All the coins that are dead have nothing to add to the market as they are just copy cats from other major coins.

I am not holding much of the old coins as i sold majority at a loss and majority of the ICO projects i invested ended up halting the project or no interest from the developers as they cannot attract investors anymore.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 06:20:58 PM

To have good volume the coins should be useful to attract the investors, any coin that simply copies other coins will die off and that is what we are seeing for the past five years. All the coins that are dead have nothing to add to the market as they are just copy cats from other major coins.

I am not holding much of the old coins as i sold majority at a loss and majority of the ICO projects i invested ended up halting the project or no interest from the developers as they cannot attract investors anymore.
things to consider with old coin is the team, community and recent development. Old coin will have the experience, if they keep the community and gets more partners or probably get engaged in recent hype idea like the NFTs and Defi, they could get themselves some interested investors and money to pump. Traders are looking for profits and FOMO could set in for any pumping project and who can tell how high it could get for anyone in this market.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 03:33:31 AM

Speaking of old coins, I have some few old coins that i got from bounty hunting in my portfolio, and i hope these coins could give me a good profit in the future. I have BLINK, WPP, YANU, and XBASE. I think some of these coins could have a great value in the future market. And i guess some of my old coins would bloom or rise it's price in the near future, if it gives me a good profit i would definitely sell it right away.

fammy

Activity: 224

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 03:39:00 AM

I am still holding those old token/coins which I participated in few bounty campaigns that turns out to be valueless or no value at all because there is no market or no volume in the market at all such as FTEC token, RISK and Xcrypt token.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 03:50:30 AM

I am still holding those old token/coins which I participated in few bounty campaigns that turns out to be valueless or no value at all because there is no market or no volume in the market at all such as FTEC token, RISK and Xcrypt token.
These tokens/coins you mentioned are just another accessory in your wallet. We cant dispose it, another souvenir to the past projects you joined. I have few coins came from bounties that is not tradable, the project is dead. What remain is the established coins and bitcoin is among of these coins that I hold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: