Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:08:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What old coins are you still holding?  (Read 7481 times)
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 02:21:35 PM

i dont hold any old altcoin at the moment. I hold so many in 2017 and became a bag holder. There are so many shit coins in my ethereum wallet at the moment. Now i hold a bit of bnb only.

turn the page
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b1k4ng

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 08:40:12 PM

if i may know what old project you are working on? why do you want to revive an old project? why don't you make a new project with better ideas? isn't the market trend always changing every year, what's in it for the old project? btw old coin that I have until now is bitcoin Grin

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 08:46:29 PM

A lot of cryptocurrencies have been created throughout time.

I personally have not held onto any old or even dead blockchains.

But I am working on a new project focused on old blockchains and with the attempt of reviving them.

I wanna ask what everyone here is holding onto.

I am mainly interested in coins from 2014 and older, but anything you deem "old" is welcome! Smiley

I might hit you up if I find your coin interesting Cheesy

One of my new picks is Leacoin because of its age and simple configuration.
I am not sure that all my coins that i think are old are from 2014 but i can imagine they are from 2012 to 2016. Some of them are ltc, btc, doge, eth, waves, neo. I am holding small amounts of most of the old coins but decent amount of btc and eth only.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1434

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 09:34:08 PM

I hardly hold any old coins. The oldest i own belong to 2017/2018 period and there are not many of them.

Reason for this choice is that the market operates in cycles and i prefer to bet on recent (and solid) projects which have not yet had their time. (There are not that many projects that have taken off after a long period of decline if you take a closer look  Wink).

In addition to that, it seems that new promising ecosystems and protocols are about to land in force ! (Polkadot, Avalanche, Near, Dfinity ...)

Imo old challengers will have a hard time . My 2 cents Smiley

kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2020, 04:00:37 AM

Bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. those three coins that I still hold today. I believe in these three coins because these old coins always give me a profit. look at bitcoin, I bought it early last year and I've got a huge profit. so it is with ethereum and litecoin.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 06:06:03 AM

Obviously the first cryptocurrency I received was Bitcoin, in 2012. The same year, I purchased Litecoin as well. I don't own any LTC right now, as I lost all my coins during the Cryptopia hack. I had a few little-known coins from the 2013-14 period, such as Terracoin, Ixcoin and Freicoin. I stored them in VirCurEx, but that exchange went down a few years back and I lost those coins as well.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 11:23:12 PM

I hardly hold any old coins. The oldest i own belong to 2017/2018 period and there are not many of them.

Reason for this choice is that the market operates in cycles and i prefer to bet on recent (and solid) projects which have not yet had their time. (There are not that many projects that have taken off after a long period of decline if you take a closer look  Wink).

In addition to that, it seems that new promising ecosystems and protocols are about to land in force ! (Polkadot, Avalanche, Near, Dfinity ...)

Imo old challengers will have a hard time . My 2 cents Smiley

Exactly. The market changes at a fast pace. Old coins will eventually become replaced by the next big thing in crypto. The only exception are coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum. It's probably because such coins have remained active in development and innovation. Besides that, both cryptocurrencies have provided real use cases to the mainstream world (compared to other old coins on the market). Considering that the risk of "hodling" old coins is too high (because they can become de-listed by crypto exchanges at any time), it's best to "hodl" the least number of old coins just to be safe. In other words, you should "hodl" more new coins on the market than old ones.

With "De-Fi" getting the spotlight in the mainstream world, old coins without smart contract capabilities will be left behind in the dust. I'm talking about Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and even Zcash. Both Litecoin and Dogecoin are coins that might become de-listed from mainstream crypto exchanges in the future due to the lack of interest/demand from people in the mainstream world. It could be risky "hodling" these coins in the long term for capital preservation. Ultimately, the decision of "hodling" old coins for the long term will lie on the person himself. As for me, I'll continue to hold old coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero while putting most of my investment in new coins like Tezos, and Polkadot. This way I can reduce the risk of loss as much as possible. With a bull market taking effect, anything's possible in crypto land. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Wulan_maniez

Activity: 840
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 11:57:40 PM

I didn’t hold the old coin in 2014, but I had a few old coins like eos, doge, ltc, xlm but held it in a short time. Right now I’m holding eth but not much. And for old coins like doge, I really like these coins, and until now I could use these coins for cheaper transaction fees.

I also hold some ico tokens but this is no longer worth it, just as an ornament in the wallet.

/font]
BDBitcoinExpart

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 04:19:05 AM

I am holding some coin like Chainlink, Bitcoin gold, and Cro. Chainlink give big profits but Bitcoin gold has made a lot of losses which has increased our capital. I have been holding Bitcoin gold for 2 years.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 04:52:04 AM

One of the coin i hold is call Commerceblock

I am in the ICO since 2017 and been holding for years
They didn't exit scam till now and are going to the equity model after many years

People might be impatient on why the price is not moving but instead of investing into pump and dump project, investing into this type of genuine and solid project is much better
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 05:34:49 AM

I am holding some coin like Chainlink, Bitcoin gold, and Cro. Chainlink give big profits but Bitcoin gold has made a lot of losses which has increased our capital. I have been holding Bitcoin gold for 2 years.
Chainlink, Bitcoin gold, and Cro can only be considered as new coins, they are 3 years old. I still keep eTOKs since 2014, they are rare coins but no longer valuable.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 09:34:14 AM

i keep in my bag bitcoin and ethreum bitcoin has the oldest age of the other coins because the first crypto is bitcoin:D, ethereum is also quite old launched in 2014 with $ 0.4 now eth price is $ 380. both coins have good potential to invest in.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 10:41:37 AM

I used to be a old coins holder e.g bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and monero but that have changed since projects like chainlink, bnb and polkadot comes into crypto space, these coins can't go wrong if you know how to do deep research on projects, i'm happy to be a long term holder of these projects, we can't keep holding on to hodl projects only when we keep getting new promising crypto projects

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 02:03:15 PM

Right now I am the holder of the altcoins I received from the participants if they are bounties but I plan to invest in bnb and twt should know if these coins have potential one of the ones I like and hold for a long time is the coin twt which I predict next year it will be listed in the binance exchanger so while the price of twt is still cheap take advantage of buy and hold until next year and I am sure you will make a big profit next year.
Even i still holding coins from the bounty i participated and hoping that someday they will have price and trading on major exchanges.  But i think its only a dream because the coins im holding were abandoned by the team.

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 02:15:07 PM

Well, I only have shit coins in my wallets obtain from bounty hunting. Until now I am wanting to get rid of it but it is difficult to spend it without using the eth to spend in the fee of transfer. I am upset with those shit tokens for I was trying hard to earn of it but at the end of the day the their promise are wrong probably they are running now with the money they collected. Investors and bounty huntera are really in despair and this is the usual scenario with the new coins created for the sole purpose of scamming.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 04:21:40 PM

Right from the start I am into bitcoin. Never I have ever thought to try any other coins because I am afraid co'z I heard a lot of gossips and rumors about the different coins that I can find inside the crypto world and I am afraid to try because I'm not familiar to all of the coins that we can find here because these coins are too many to familiarize each. Since bitcoin is the currency that I used to, I'm gonna stick to it.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 04:46:23 PM

lots of coins and tokens from bounties and airdrops are stored, for tokens that are still stored because they have no price or from the start from the 2017 bounty until now there is no open market and price at all, for coins still storing coins like okcash are still in the wallet discord which even used to be a good price, now is not very good and is still stored
There are also XP coins selling late when there is a price, now they are stored in the wallet discord who knows when they can go up again and there are many more coins in the wallet discord bot and in the metamask eth wallet
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 08:43:03 PM

Not that DIA is an old project (rather the opposite), but I really like their approach, so I did not immediately sell coins after paying out from the bounty campaign. Now project is in Pool Savings on Binance and you can get 5% in 10 days. The advantage is that these days will also be taken into account for accrual of airdrop.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Yaseen Wallis

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 11:45:12 PM

x42 Protocol is not as old as you mentioned, but they have maintained and updated the coin for two and half years, probably the most active github I've ever seen. Worth a look.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 06:31:23 AM

I now hold more than hundred altcoin and lost over 90% money in it, nothing can do in this time.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: