Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What old coins are you still holding?  (Read 7481 times)
chirag6313

Activity: 640
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 03:49:36 AM

I am holding XRP. I love xrp. about 4 years ago I purchase it on Binance and steel holding huge quantity. In my opinion, the near future will touch 1$. And I hope so for better profits. In jan-2018, I missed to sell it. but not this time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 06:06:09 AM

XMR, I always hold this coin. no matter what the price is now. XMR (monero) is the best privacy coin and it performs quite well. although now XMR is not very popular, but I still believe this coin will come back one day.

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:10:50 AM

I have a lot of shitcoins, I literally mean it that I hold altcoins that have no future. I do not know how to dispose it but and it is the reason why those shitcoins are still in my wallet. Actually, my hope are already gone long time ago because I'm really sure that those shitcoins will do not have value anymore in these following years, I already accepted that I made a wrong decision which is to hold altcoins for a long period of time. I think it should be serves learning for everyone not only for me that there is no guarantee of making profit by just holding an altcoin. Buying some potential altcoins are good but for me we should just short term trade it because there is a huge downside if we continue to hold it then suddenly a dump appeared. 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Lore06

Activity: 792
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:52:43 AM

Because I am just a bounty hunter, I don't have many coins, especially coins that are quite old as you mentioned.
Perhaps the oldest coin I have ever owned is Minexcoin which is the first altcoins I received from a bounty campaign. And because one of the ways I do it is to only hold bitcoins, I have turned all the bounty altcoins that I can sell to bitcoin.

MEGABSC FINANCE - HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN 
                                            WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Untomabur

Activity: 669
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 08:31:12 AM

Holding Old coins is not a good thing, because I believe most people have also sold their altcoins in 2018,
when the altcoin season came, and started buying them in 2019-2020, there were lots of cheap altcoins on the market,
and of course I bought old coin that is Ontology

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
oprahwindfury

Activity: 569
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 04:54:59 PM

Actually, I don't believe on holding coins for the long term. My investments are usually on the coins which is high in trade volume and exchange those at a profitable moment. Bitcoin And Ethereum are the only old coins that I am holding right now.

Kezacky

Activity: 743

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 05:54:55 PM

I still have LTC and Waves. this is good in the long run. on the one hand most of the old coins are left in the dust when new coins take their place in the market. This can cause many exchanges to unlist old coins, resulting in extremely low or non-existent trading volumes. Considering the risk is too high, it is advisable to allocate a large portion of your holdings to the newer coins to prevent many unwanted losses when it comes to Fiat.

Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 06:10:52 PM

Not at the moment, but I believe that many old projects like: Ixcoin, Devcoin, Zcoin, Pivx, Waves, Namecoin and others deserve recognition for improvements in the crypto market. We can look at old projects like our past and honor them with assessments. However, these projects need to undergo restructuring to leverage the market.

Anyway, a good investment to animate the teams of these great old projects.
dragone

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 06:14:34 PM

I have a lot of shitcoins, I literally mean it that I hold altcoins that have no future. I do not know how to dispose it but and it is the reason why those shitcoins are still in my wallet. Actually, my hope are already gone long time ago because I'm really sure that those shitcoins will do not have value anymore in these following years, I already accepted that I made a wrong decision which is to hold altcoins for a long period of time. I think it should be serves learning for everyone not only for me that there is no guarantee of making profit by just holding an altcoin. Buying some potential altcoins are good but for me we should just short term trade it because there is a huge downside if we continue to hold it then suddenly a dump appeared. 
Agree with you man. I know what you feel, cause I have the same situation. I bought some alts in the beginning of the 2018 and I didn't sell them even when price went down. I thought maybe it will be ok, I just need some time to wait when bull market will come. But unfortunately BTC was almost in the his high and alts close to zero.
Now I know that time does change anything if you holding shitcoins. No matter how long.
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 06:27:11 PM

Apart from BTC and ETH, I don't hold any other old coins at the moment, except for some junk tokens that I got from several bounty projects and airdrops in the past and even then I was forced to hold because I didn't have a price and market at all until now Grin Grin .
Apart from BTC and ETH, I think it is too risky to hold alt coins or tokens for a long time because learning from experience usually projects tokens only last a short while at a high price after the project is completed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:05:42 PM

bitcoin is actually an old coin, after all, it has been around for a while. which coin was actually the first to hit the market?
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:10:16 PM

There were many coins that were launched in 2014-15 that have disappeared effectively because of numerous reasons like no volume on exchanges, very little improvement from team, no or little network, no marketing or advancements and essentially being obsolete.

Fortunately I am not holding any dead coin yet there are numerous erc 20 tokens that I am holding which additionally appear to be either dead or are not trading anyplace.

odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:17:32 PM

I have so numerous old coins and tokens that I have hold which have all become worthless. Be that as it may, I am holding just those old coin, for example, ethereum and each token Ive procured from bounty is as of now dump. Indeed, even those shitcoins that I have, I needed to dispose it on dexes like forkdelta or any accessible market where there is volume for that token. I like the way that the vast majority of these projects will pass on so good to sell them when there is time.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:32:14 PM

Apart from BTC and ETH, I don't hold any other old coins at the moment, except for some junk tokens that I got from several bounty projects and airdrops in the past and even then I was forced to hold because I didn't have a price and market at all until now Grin Grin .
Apart from BTC and ETH, I think it is too risky to hold alt coins or tokens for a long time because learning from experience usually projects tokens only last a short while at a high price after the project is completed.

I'm also holding many dead coins from bounties and airdrops especially. Other old coins I'm holding include NAGA and BITDEGREE which I invested heavily in. I remember when Cointelegraph posted an advert for NAGA, and also Roger Ver (aka Bitcoin Jesus) was their advisor, this drew my attention making me invest heavily after seeing they plan to release 3 products then, lol. Also BITDEGREE won many awards as an educational project even before the ICO, this too got my attention. Sometimes holding altcoins for very long term without constant monitoring of the project isn't cool, sometimes you hold coins and they swap to a new coin, you might miss deadline for swap thereby holding a deadcoin bag.
articlecity

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

https://blockmembers.io/

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:40:31 PM

A lot of cryptocurrencies have been created throughout time.

I personally have not held onto any old or even dead blockchains.

But I am working on a new project focused on old blockchains and with the attempt of reviving them.

I wanna ask what everyone here is holding onto.

I am mainly interested in coins from 2014 and older, but anything you deem "old" is welcome! Smiley

I might hit you up if I find your coin interesting Cheesy

One of my new picks is Leacoin because of its age and simple configuration.
I love holding bitcoin, ethereum and waves from the top lot and time has proven that these are real gems to hold because they will not disappoint you if you hold and support them for good time. I just wish i had more as im just a small investor.

|▌ BlockMembers.io ▐| THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE
∎   AUTO CONSTRUCTION   ∎ END TO END AUTOMATION
Announcement Thread  ▪  Facebook  ▪  Telegram  ▪  Twitter  ]
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 05:22:22 PM

Not at the moment, but I believe that many old projects like: Ixcoin, Devcoin, Zcoin, Pivx, Waves, Namecoin and others deserve recognition for improvements in the crypto market. We can look at old projects like our past and honor them with assessments. However, these projects need to undergo restructuring to leverage the market.

Anyway, a good investment to animate the teams of these great old projects.

Agree. Old projects need a little "pizzazz" to stay ahead in the game. There are so many new cryptocurrencies out there on the market which are getting all of the attention in the mainstream world (despite some of them being just speculative instruments with no uses cases for everyday people). Old cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin are tried-and-tested blockchain networks with a proven track record of development and innovation. By holding such coins for the long term, you can feel confident that your investment will last a lifetime. That is of course, if old coins are able to maintain interest from people in the mainstream world. The moment interest/demand fades, will be such when old coins will go down the drain. It's no secret that some old coins have become de-listed by crypto exchanges. I'm holding old coins that are no longer being traded on the market. This makes some old coins worthless as they become abandoned by their developers and the community as a whole. At least, the source code is open for anyone to continue building upon the same project or start a new one from scratch.

Nonetheless, it seems to me that Waves is a hidden gem among the old coins being traded on the crypto market today. With smart contract capabilities, a scalable consensus algorithm, and a built-in decentralized exchange, it could become a fierce competitor of traditional cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Tron. But as with any old coin, they're usually under the radar of mainstream investors and traders as they're focused on the next big thing in crypto. Considering that "De-Fi" is getting all of the spotlight these days, old coins will have a hard time rising to their former glory. As long as you diversify your investment between old and new coins, you'll be safe in this wild and crazy world of crypto. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 05:55:06 PM

Maybe only bitcoin, the oldest crypto that I still hold until now, but there are also several other altcoins that I have held since 2017 such as eth, ltc and several other junk altcoins that I got from several bounty jobs, such as helbiz, cma and also dragon, maybe very few people still hold coins / tokens that were created in 2014 because at that time bitcoin, and also crypto currency was not as popular as they are today and at that time maybe there were only a few crypto projects that were developing,  even if there were still people who held them. coin / token that was created in 2014, of course, is quite rare nowadays.

BRABO2

Activity: 896
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 08:02:38 PM

I have some token which token i hold. This token are not many years old. For example i holding my trx token.I support to holding old token.If any one hold old token many time it's are gain best profit . So any one can hold old token as their wish.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
█ █ ██ ███ ██    CatenaX.org    ██ ███ ██ █ █
Tahid12

Activity: 403
Merit: 13

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 10:41:46 PM

snip
You misunderstood me. I acknowledge those facts as true but i clearly wrote that, i don't believe on any other old or brand new currency except only those i mentioned  in my comment.moreover here some guys are keep mentioning about some old scam coin as well as some old dead shitcoins, those don't have enough speed to survive anymore in crypto industry.so it makes no sense to hold such kind of currency for long term. i would like to strictly recommended those person to avoid those shitcoins

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Ayapp

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 10:42:32 AM

I don't have coins from 2014, but I have some like BCPT from 2018 that have become so worthless. like BTK and NOBS. And there are also some coins you will regret ever selling.

▐ ▌   Emporium.Finance   ▐ ▌
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Marketplace and DeFi Liquidity Mining Platform
▲ ●    JOIN NOW    ● ▲[/center
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: