Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USDT trusted to use?  (Read 1580 times)
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:35:10 PM

I am afraid of the upcoming investigation on all stable coins, finally they would like to regulate/ruin them because in every country creating money is against the law and it is a crime.
In a sense the stable coins are not creating money from thin air if you are doing it the right way with transparency and regular audit as they are pledging the dollar or equivalent to maintain the price, the problem happens when these stable coins keeps on producing new coins but the equivalent wealth they pledged are not transparent and there is no clarity and when that happens the authorities will intervene and that is the reason USDT was under scrutiny because they were not transparent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:44:44 AM

I use USDT mainly to take profits. Keeping coins in fiat currency is really not entirely wise. They can be used as an aid.
I also only use UDST to take profit because after every investment I usually do this to know exactly how much my profit is. Of course this is a very important coin in the crypto market because any investor will use it when choosing to invest. Also, lots of new options are available to everyone like USDC, BUSD, TUSD but these are just alternatives.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:49:39 AM

In my own point of view, we can't rely on usdt if we intend to invest on it, such that it cannot give us good profit since it is stable coin. We can just use it, say for exmple if we hodl a coin that is decreasing continuosly its value, we can transfer it to usdt to overcome the lose profit.
daniahya
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 02:02:11 AM

In my own point of view, we can't rely on usdt if we intend to invest on it, such that it cannot give us good profit since it is stable coin. We can just use it, say for exmple if we hodl a coin that is decreasing continuosly its value, we can transfer it to usdt to overcome the lose profit.
USDT is indeed not suitable for investment and most people use USDT only to secure their assets from a sharp decline and after the decline has passed they will buy another altcoin using USDT, I am a USDT user too and always use USDT when trading
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:31:16 PM

I use USDT mainly to take profits. Keeping coins in fiat currency is really not entirely wise. They can be used as an aid.
I also only use UDST to take profit because after every investment I usually do this to know exactly how much my profit is. Of course this is a very important coin in the crypto market because any investor will use it when choosing to invest. Also, lots of new options are available to everyone like USDC, BUSD, TUSD but these are just alternatives.

Then I advise you guys to start taking profit in USD or EUR and avoid USDt.

Until they become fully transparent and openly say how much they are able to cover in USD and how much is made out of thin air I'm going to avoid them and tell it to everyone that I know. USDt is like a disaster waiting to happen. Until they go transparent we won't know if they aren't manipulating the market.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:45:00 PM

In my opinion it's a big yes. Atleast I trust it. I know there is many rumours and fuds around usdt. But think it's is the most used stable coin. Cause majority of the people trust it. I am using it for s very long time. And I never faced any kind of problem regarding it. And it's almost listed in every trusted exchange so it's easy to grab for me. But if you are not sure about it then you could chose any stable coin you want. There are many stable coin available nin the market.

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 08:46:05 PM

For long term for sure not, but if you follow news and predict some disaster then you can use it for short-term hedge against price drop. I am talking about issues that Tether has - probably not backed tokens, many problems around the world with legal authorities and so on.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
judaspriest

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100

C O M B O

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 08:46:52 PM

In my opinion it's a big yes. Atleast I trust it. I know there is many rumours and fuds around usdt. But think it's is the most used stable coin. Cause majority of the people trust it. I am using it for s very long time. And I never faced any kind of problem regarding it. And it's almost listed in every trusted exchange so it's easy to grab for me. But if you are not sure about it then you could chose any stable coin you want. There are many stable coin available nin the market.
USDT is in the Top 5 Coinmarketcap, and that's a good thing now, everyone believes in USDT, and USDT is very useful,
stable coins have an important role for crypto currencies, maybe this will help Bitcoin to become the world's digital currency

Hasan986

Activity: 416
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 09:01:20 PM

No currency is stable in crypto.  but usdt stable.  If you do not want to stand in face of loss.  Then it is a good option.  But you will not get also profit.
mynadira

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 09:07:49 PM

No currency is stable in crypto.  but usdt stable.  If you do not want to stand in face of loss.  Then it is a good option.  But you will not get also profit.
but the benefits of having a usdt are very long because the price movements are very stable making it difficult to grow assets in usdt, so I think usdt is not the right choice if you want to grow assets quickly.
sayam

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 03:50:25 PM

Nothing in this crypto world can be said to be completely secure & trusted. So if you want to hold for a long time basis, it's not safe for you to convert your savings into USDT in any way. But you can use it if you are a short term trader.
OneLifeKiller070

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 04:16:21 PM

I think USDT is not that bad to untrusted it,you can trust this in a short period of time.  DAI is good, but USDT is better! But don't hold your money to long in USDT . Safest use case of tokens is to secure digital asset not touchable . Becarefull  Crypto is still crypto will be in crypto .

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 04:20:49 PM

USDT is highly risky to hold for longer time and most of the crypto experts suggest don't keep USDT on exchanges or in wallets more than one week, if you wanted its good to convert them into fiat and then convert back when you wanted to buy decentralized cryptos.Because USDT keeps injecting more money into the crypto market so at some time people may lose their trust on this stable coins.Anyother stable coin also undergoes the same situation so better to hold decentralized cryptos for holding purpose.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 04:28:32 PM

I am afraid of the upcoming investigation on all stable coins, finally they would like to regulate/ruin them because in every country creating money is against the law and it is a crime.

I don't trust USDT or tether. I temporary convert my bitcoins to USDT as we have only this option avaible in most of exchanges. I will never keep my funds in USDT for long term. There is also a chance that in future the USDT may be banned.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 04:57:10 PM

USDT is just like the fiat system. It's still safe for the purpose of which it is created to hedge funds In times when you want to maintain the stability of your funds.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Kulkhan

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 05:47:55 PM

USDT is stable currency, it is tasted. But i also think that USDT is a cryptocurrency so it has some risk one the other hand USD is trusted in world economy. So i can’t think USDT is Trusted to USD.               

⚍ ⚍ ☱ ☱ N O D Y ☱ ☱ ⚍ ⚍
⚀⚀⚀ THE POWERFUL WEB 3.0 INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTION ⚀⚀⚀
========   nody.ai   ========
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 08:20:10 PM

USDT is indeed not suitable for investment and most people use USDT only to secure their assets from a sharp decline and after the decline has passed they will buy another altcoin using USDT, I am a USDT user too and always use USDT when trading

perhaps precisely USDT is more suitable to be used as an alternative type of coin for trading needs and is not suitable if it is used as a form of investment that can be profitable for a long time because Usdt is one type of stable coin that is only used by most traders to convert their money to buy several other types of altcoin to trade

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
t3m4nc0k

Activity: 616

www.jacs.tech

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 08:24:12 PM

You are right, I did that a while ago when there was a fall in the price of bitcoin and all altcoin. and when prices began to improve I transferred all the assets that I had on crypto

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 05:53:00 AM

Currently, USDT daily trading volume is over the Bitcoin trading volume and fourth highest market cap according to Coinmarketcap. My opinion is We can't trust the centralized stable coin to keep the money. Also, news around the USDT is not good, and it may be shut down by the authorities.

What is your opinion about the USDT coin?

I use the DAI to keep the stable value & will shift to the SAI in the near future where the money I'm not investing.

I think the USDT daily trading volume will always be the highest in the market,
it is because most peoples usually trading all kind of crypto coins with USDT pair, causing the volume of USDT is highest among the others.
I don't think they can easily shut down USDT coin because many peoples already used it.

Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 07:00:20 AM

I say it is not safe because it is not real cash and it can turn to zero value at any time. USDT is the most used stable coin and we keep it when we are not trade, to avoid loss. Because if we keep Bitcoin or altcoins they can crash more than 10% after a day. USDT has been run a long time but no one sure, i recommend not to put all of your money in USDT.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: