Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USDT trusted to use?  (Read 1580 times)
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:57:15 AM

Currently, USDT daily trading volume is over the Bitcoin trading volume and fourth highest market cap according to Coinmarketcap. My opinion is We can't trust the centralized stable coin to keep the money. Also, news around the USDT is not good, and it may be shut down by the authorities.

What is your opinion about the USDT coin?

I use the DAI to keep the stable value & will shift to the SAI in the near future where the money I'm not investing.
Depends on what type of crypto user you are, for your information USDT can't be used to store fund that is from illegal entities, if you are involved in any hacks or illegal stuff you need to stay away, use decentralized stable coin instead, for this DAI got you covered

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:42:59 AM

it should not be trusted but it is trusted.
problems around usdt have been spotted for years and years, but for some reason USDT and people behind it has been able to keep it afloat.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:49:41 AM

problems around usdt have been spotted for years and years, but for some reason USDT and people behind it has been able to keep it afloat.
Quite right, there has been a lot of FUD for USDT over the years. But someone made everything silent and it continued to grow. So we can still use USDT every day but do not rely too much on it

kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:04:36 AM

Quite right, there has been a lot of FUD for USDT over the years. But someone made everything silent and it continued to grow. So we can still use USDT every day but do not rely too much on it
I think any FUD news of this stable coin will not affect your assets, so USDT is still considered the safest option in this market. I don't have any problem using USDT, and I can use this coin on many different platforms so it greatly reduces my cost. Besides, USDT is always available at any major exchange such as Binance, Okex, Huobi, so there is nothing to be afraid of holding USDT.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:17:13 AM

Yeah, I like USDT very much, because it's not affected by volatile cryptocurrency prices. So it's very safe to store our assets,
after all USDT has the highest trading volume even above Bitcoin. So in my opinion with such a large USDT demand, no need
to be afraid of using USDT. Because I believe USDT is trusted to use.

Oh wow magic, but is that not what fiat does exactly? Not affected by volatility? Because that is exactly what USDT is, pegged to a fiat.

But guess what if the fiat loses value, like who knows USD might,,, what do you think is going to happen to USDT?

And what happens when the company that issues it decides one day to just disappear?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
riskyron

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 10:26:40 AM

To me USDT is just a possibility hold "cash" in crypto without worrying about volatility because the price is pegged to the US dollar.

HODLing in BTC, for example, is not like that because the price is unpredictable, kinda.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:07:04 PM

the picture is like that, because we do not know what the purpose of the USDT itself exists and who made it

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:53:47 PM

the picture is like that, because we do not know what the purpose of the USDT itself exists and who made it

Just as the name implies, it's basically a coin that is pegged to the USD at the rate of 1:1 (at nearly all times). As for the creators of USD Tether, they're legit despite their money laundering incident linking Bitfinix in 2018. I've been using it for over a year to hedge my trade if need be and it has worked well thus far.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 02:53:27 PM

Now you already know the volume of USDT coin in the market is bigger than bitcoin, but you still ask about trusting USDT.
USDT coin is the most used stable coin in cryptocurrency and we already know that from its volume. Ive read somewhere that USDT is backed by real bank account.

Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:05:27 PM

Yes USDT is trusted to use.

To my best knowledge this question has been raised many times, and the company behind it proved they had the reserves of US dollars to back up the crypto equivalent trading in crypto exchanges/peoples holdings of USDT. This should brush all doubt aside imho.
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:32:02 PM

nothing can guarantee but as long as people use it means they believe it.
and it will also be very difficult to move from there, as almost everyone has been using usdt since the koib stable appeared.
stokholminfinity

Activity: 352
Merit: 104

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:50:41 PM

I would not completely trust USDT, because they are not backed by anything. The DAI project is covered in real dollars. Trust in USDT is gaining popularity in the crypto community and over time it will become a postulate. So far, users have in their portfolio a set of different stablecoins.

ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:57:59 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2020, 09:32:20 PM by ZEIIMAN

For a long time, there have been rumors that USDT will soon come to an end, but it never comes.

Although when they turn on their printing press every time, my opinion gets worse and worse.
In addition, the market already has a huge number of stablecoins such as - USD, USD, USD, DAI, PAX - as you can see, there are a lot of them to choose from.

If you don't trust stablecoins at all, keep everything in bitcoin.
didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 04:04:05 PM

Currently, USDT daily trading volume is over the Bitcoin trading volume and fourth highest market cap according to Coinmarketcap. My opinion is We can't trust the centralized stable coin to keep the money. Also, news around the USDT is not good, and it may be shut down by the authorities.

I use the DAI to keep the stable value & will shift to the SAI in the near future where the money I'm not investing.

i use usdt to convert my coin when the price drop, and i have no issue with that,
thats why in my opinion this alt is trusted, also i always have USDT in my portofolio maybe about 20% my friend

oscarftw

Activity: 573

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 04:54:12 PM

I would not completely trust USDT, because they are not backed by anything. The DAI project is covered in real dollars. Trust in USDT is gaining popularity in the crypto community and over time it will become a postulate. So far, users have in their portfolio a set of different stablecoins.
So many posts and users are trying to find out Tether trust in cryptocurrency. I trust Coinmarketcap data where Tether volume is more than Bitcoin. Some new altcoins trust USDT pair instead of Bitcoin or Ethereum for price dump. Tether is not making fake volume, I'm using Tether USDT to exchange. But in the future I will use DAI USD.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 10:50:55 PM

in my opinion all cryptocurrency are not safe including USDT, because for now cryptocurrency is still not legal, so no one can guarantee the security of cryptocurrency, but as long as there are still many people who believe to investing in cryptocurrency then in my opinion you don't need to worry and in my opinion the volume of USDT is still very high, so I think USDT is still safe for now.

Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 11:15:17 PM

What I believe, everything can be shut down. I trust USDT coins to freeze my money. I rarely use DAI stable coins. USDT is a very old coin. That's why I trust this coin. Recently I've been using USDT TRC-20 coins, because it's free to make transactions and faster than eos or ETH coins. But secondary options always help us to stay safe.
cryptopediabd

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 11:28:59 PM

I think we need usd stable value crypto to understand what amount we are trading or making profit in usd. Few years ago it made possible by Tether cryptocurrency. After hearing all this staff i hope we have some valuable stable backed crypto like busd, dai, usdc etc. We can use them now. And i will not surprised if usdt lost in the market.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 11:36:37 PM

That is my opinion on this matter also. I have the feeling that USDT is not totally backed with US dollars. When they admitted before that they are not fully backed, I have the feeling, that they are not always saying the absolute truth about their assets. So just be careful holding long term this stable coin.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 11:39:11 PM

I think we need usd stable value crypto to understand what amount we are trading or making profit in usd. Few years ago it made possible by Tether cryptocurrency. After hearing all this staff i hope we have some valuable stable backed crypto like busd, dai, usdc etc. We can use them now. And i will not surprised if usdt lost in the market.
What's happening with USDT now is incredibly annoying. There are millions of USDT in circulation and the entire crypto market is reliant on it. The situation is quite upsetting indeed.
What are people doing, are they moving away from USDT?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: