Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deflationary Tokens  (Read 3774 times)
TooLate1

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 04:56:07 PM

The idea of self burning in BOOM looks to me innovative, I don't know what other deflationary coins are using. The fact we see too much resistance on deflationary is because we are used to coins that have use cases. I have seen many coins that have lucrative use cases but zero implementation. BOOM has produced what it promised, so that why I gave it more weight.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 11:00:55 AM

I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think the era of deflationary tokens have gone.  We thought these tokens will actually bring lots of revolutions to the crypto industry especially, in the area of limited supply and burning of tokens on every transaction.  But the concept didn't really make it.  I still have some of them in my wallet now that as good as dead.
ChpCms

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:45:20 PM

I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?
The purpose of deflationary tokens is attracting investors by the scheme of a limited number of coin that 'maybe' yield better profit one it goes to the moon. That it. Worthy or not, depend on how that deflationary token intends to trigger the booming. To do that, it needs more than just the 'low-in-number' scheme.

I think this lowering in number with time is the only use-case of deflationary coin like BOOM. I don't think you need use cases to be successful token, there are many problems associated with blockchain and token that can address such problem will hold the future of crypto whether its BOOM or any other deflationary token.
ChpCms

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 03:49:16 PM

With the recent surge of crypto with a limited total supply, I think the next will be the deflationary tokens/cryptos. Because of many new cryptos in the market today that put any crypto with a decently controlled inflation become such a worthy investment.

This seems very much possible to me. Every new concept take time to get accepted and same is happening with deflationary tokens. While immature investors are busy discussing cons of Deflationary Tokens, the wise one are busy buying them as future investment. 
UpBots

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 06:22:08 PM

With the recent surge of crypto with a limited total supply, I think the next will be the deflationary tokens/cryptos. Because of many new cryptos in the market today that put any crypto with a decently controlled inflation become such a worthy investment.

Recent bitcoin halving proves the fact that limiting the supply of token effects its price in upward direction. Though Deflationary Tokens like BOOM, FSM are in there early stages, there is firm chance that they will rise in future. As there supply is continuously decreasing.
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:27:30 PM

The major reason for creating deflationary tokens is for pumps and dumps. We all know how several deflationary tokens flooded the market out of no where and their names had almost similar psychological aura. Most had to do with explosion and burns. We saw a few massively increasing, but at the end of the day, they all had a free fall.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 10:01:11 PM

I think the era of deflationary tokens have gone.  We thought these tokens will actually bring lots of revolutions to the crypto industry especially, in the area of limited supply and burning of tokens on every transaction.  But the concept didn't really make it.  I still have some of them in my wallet now that as good as dead.

Exactly. Most deflationary tokens out there have been abandoned by their developers. Only a select few are still being actively traded on the crypto market. It's not about deflation, but rather how useful a cryptocurrency or token is in the mainstream world. But people don't see it that way. They believe that a deflationary token is meant to rise in price for the foreseeable future. This mindset leads to many undesired losses in the long run. Those who know how crypto works, will invest wisely into prominent cryptocurrencies with a proven track record of development and innovation.

As far as choosing a deflationary token as a long term investment, I think that Binance Coin is the best one around. Binance will be periodically burning the supply of BNB, contributing towards the token's price in the long term. Considering that Binance has been widely successful in the crypto space, Binance Coin (BNB) won't be going anywhere. You can see how BNB quickly increased in price since it came into inception some time ago. Buying & holding BNB, alongside deflationary cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin, should give you an ever-lasting investment that will help secure your financial future. As a golden rule, always do your own research regarding any deflationary or non-deflationary token you're willing to invest into. If you do that, you won't have to regret making a bad decision in the long run. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SerbSerc

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 06:59:49 PM

Exactly. Most deflationary tokens out there have been abandoned by their developers. Only a select few are still being actively traded on the crypto market. It's not about deflation, but rather how useful a cryptocurrency or token is in the mainstream world. But people don't see it that way. They believe that a deflationary token is meant to rise in price for the foreseeable future. This mindset leads to many undesired losses in the long run. Those who know how crypto works, will invest wisely into prominent cryptocurrencies with a proven track record of development and innovation.

As far as choosing a deflationary token as a long term investment, I think that Binance Coin is the best one around. Binance will be periodically burning the supply of BNB, contributing towards the token's price in the long term. Considering that Binance has been widely successful in the crypto space, Binance Coin (BNB) won't be going anywhere. You can see how BNB quickly increased in price since it came into inception some time ago. Buying & holding BNB, alongside deflationary cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin, should give you an ever-lasting investment that will help secure your financial future. As a golden rule, always do your own research regarding any deflationary or non-deflationary token you're willing to invest into. If you do that, you won't have to regret making a bad decision in the long run. Just my opinion Smiley

Any coin that is abandoned by its developers can never go up whether its Deflationary token or any other. If you analyze history of BOOM token since its inception, you can clearly see that its attracting a decent amount of volume and this is clear indication that team is still working hard behind the scene.   
Colossal Enterprises LLC
Copper Member

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 05:19:38 PM

Deflationary Tokens based on smart contract is a great way to boost the token volatility. Since the tokens are continuously getting lesser in number, the price will be always in swing. It will be interesting that how this coin will be adapted when total circulating tokens will be half of the total number of coins.   
IvugeoEvolutionCoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 05:56:21 PM

Deflationary Tokens based on smart contract is a great way to boost the token volatility. Since the tokens are continuously getting lesser in number, the price will be always in swing. It will be interesting that how this coin will be adapted when total circulating tokens will be half of the total number of coins.   

I understand deflationary token concept helps to reduce circulating supply and hence increase demand for the token, but then some new projects are having a big misconception about it. I bought one DEFI token on uniswap and sent it out to a centralized exchange since my main aim was arbitrage, 20% of the token was burnt upon that transfer to my greatest dismay. What kind of token architecture is that? Some new DEFI token are adding the deflationary concept to spice things up anyway.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 31, 2020, 03:07:07 AM

when it comes to crypto, deflation is all that matters.In the crypto space, people are encouraged to hodl , the longer you hodl your coin, the higher the coin’s value will gain.it  is a kind of deflationary currency and you may expect it to only increase in value in the long term as the supplies of most cryptos are fixed, crypto have a lot of deflationary tokkens, when the token burning occurs, a specific amount of crypto is permanently removed form circulation. the destruction of the coin is not  to be taken literaly. what happens is that with a coinburn tokens are taken out of circulation by placing them in a public wallet from which these tokens can never be retrieved.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2020, 07:12:02 AM

How good is the deflationary when the market is highly volatile? See what happened on AMPL, they are now barely surviving due to the negative rebase of the coin price.

I am fomo indeed but losing 100$ in the process is not good. Also you will noticed that the decrease of coins are likely eat your stuck in the end. Only whales can support its volatility by having tons of coins and will sell during rebase.

Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2020, 09:08:30 AM

How good is the deflationary when the market is highly volatile? See what happened on AMPL, they are now barely surviving due to the negative rebase of the coin price.

I am fomo indeed but losing 100$ in the process is not good. Also you will noticed that the decrease of coins are likely eat your stuck in the end. Only whales can support its volatility by having tons of coins and will sell during rebase.
I'm with you mate, it's better to ride in for short term and ride out when you've make few good gains, I'm not into crypto investment for long term, I will always jump from one project to another, once I made good gains from a coin I will find another
mqpa73

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 05:12:38 PM

I'm with you mate, it's better to ride in for short term and ride out when you've make few good gains, I'm not into crypto investment for long term, I will always jump from one project to another, once I made good gains from a coin I will find another

If you are looking for short term investment or trading then Deflationary Tokens are a good choice for that purpose. You can take short term position with them as they are very much volatile. BOOM is doing good on exchanges, you can try that.
coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 07:02:22 PM

So why not swim with whales, get profit and quit before its too late. One need to be pro-active to study and make decision about such Deflationary tokens before its too late.
As far as AMPL is concerned, its doing good with 30 million $ turn over in last 24 hours. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ampleforth/
mqpa73

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:23:06 AM

The traditional crypto market is saturated with too many coins with BTC the sole leader. Deflationary Tokens are good edition in a sense that they have introduced a new concept which is different then wts already there. It will take time before we see Deflationary Tokens on main spots.
chitchat

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 04:46:33 PM

If you look at the site of deflationary token BOOM they have a very straight message i.e. we have a token that is lessening in number and we have launched it for trading purpose. There is no distraction like the token has this use case and applications. Its only launched for the purpose of trading and investment.
UpBots

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2020, 06:34:20 PM

Masses may take a while to adopt this new concept. Every new coin faces huge resistance in the start because of too much scam in crypto market. Legitimate tokens also have to face the criticism. deflationary tokens are available at discounted rate, buy them before it gets too late.
Kezacky

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

https://www.enterapp.io/

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 08:43:07 PM

Deflationary tokens can't increase its value simply by the reduction of the total supply. Common sense arrives when people see the demand over the supply, they'll buy it at a higher price. However, the thing that the team can't control is people's demand. The token itself can't attract people to buy then how could the demand raise? That's one of the reasons why there's not a lot of successful deflationary tokens on the market.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
WinterCns

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 06:19:05 PM

Deflationary tokens can't increase its value simply by the reduction of the total supply. Common sense arrives when people see the demand over the supply, they'll buy it at a higher price. However, the thing that the team can't control is people's demand. The token itself can't attract people to buy then how could the demand raise? That's one of the reasons why there's not a lot of successful deflationary tokens on the market.

Nobody can predict the future of any token. Today's 10k$ BTC was also said to be a useless thing in 2010, same happens with almost every new token that is launched. There are mixed opinions about Deflationary Tokens but one thing is clear that if you control the supply of tokens then price is deemed to go up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: