Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deflationary Tokens  (Read 3774 times)
KngrKhna

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 05:56:23 PM

If you do little research on these deflationary tokens, one can clearly see that they are making rapid progress in terms of both volume and price. Chances are clear that deflationary tokens price will go up as supply continue to decline but it will take time for sure.
Dana888

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 09:09:35 PM

Deflationary tokens can't increase its value simply by the reduction of the total supply. Common sense arrives when people see the demand over the supply, they'll buy it at a higher price. However, the thing that the team can't control is people's demand. The token itself can't attract people to buy then how could the demand raise? That's one of the reasons why there's not a lot of successful deflationary tokens on the market.

Nobody can predict the future of any token. Today's 10k$ BTC was also said to be a useless thing in 2010, same happens with almost every new token that is launched. There are mixed opinions about Deflationary Tokens but one thing is clear that if you control the supply of tokens then price is deemed to go up.

Moreover, I believe that the price of each token is controlled by a separate person. This person can make a referral, then start growing the token and thus attract investors to it. Then the price of the token drops sharply and people lose huge amounts of money, so it is better to take tokens that have been on the market for a long time and have a history of growth and decline.
jimjam1

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 06:58:21 PM

Deflationary tokens can't increase its value simply by the reduction of the total supply. Common sense arrives when people see the demand over the supply, they'll buy it at a higher price. However, the thing that the team can't control is people's demand. The token itself can't attract people to buy then how could the demand raise? That's one of the reasons why there's not a lot of successful deflationary tokens on the market.

Nobody can predict the future of any token. Today's 10k$ BTC was also said to be a useless thing in 2010, same happens with almost every new token that is launched. There are mixed opinions about Deflationary Tokens but one thing is clear that if you control the supply of tokens then price is deemed to go up.

Moreover, I believe that the price of each token is controlled by a separate person. This person can make a referral, then start growing the token and thus attract investors to it. Then the price of the token drops sharply and people lose huge amounts of money, so it is better to take tokens that have been on the market for a long time and have a history of growth and decline.

No pain, No Gain. If you are looking to go on with tokens that are tested then you wont gain much. Real fun of crypto lies in exploring tokens that are under valued and are yet to go up. They can give you huge profits at any instant and deflationary tokens are one among them.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 07:20:32 PM

I see deflationary tokens as a buzzword, there are so many cryptocurrencies that are not innovative enough, and to attract their investors they need an easy strategy. When the token is deflationary, then the price of one token should grow in the future, right? Yes, but it will not grow until you have a real use case.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
jimjam1

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 06:40:37 PM

I see deflationary tokens as a buzzword, there are so many cryptocurrencies that are not innovative enough, and to attract their investors they need an easy strategy. When the token is deflationary, then the price of one token should grow in the future, right? Yes, but it will not grow until you have a real use case.  Cheesy

There are many coins with good use cases but weren't able to take off. I don't think use case is the criteria to be a successful crypto token. The burning of tokens which result in decrease in coin supply is a use case in itself.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 07:20:52 PM

I see deflationary tokens as a buzzword, there are so many cryptocurrencies that are not innovative enough, and to attract their investors they need an easy strategy. When the token is deflationary, then the price of one token should grow in the future, right? Yes, but it will not grow until you have a real use case.  Cheesy

Exactly. The term "deflationary" in either tokens or cryptocurrencies is just a buzzword. Most developers use this tactic to fool investors in the mainstream world. When a crypto asset is deflationary, it doesn't necessarily mean that its price will constantly go up in the future. What really determines its value is the real use cases it can provide to people worldwide. I've seen many deflationary cryptocurrencies and tokens becoming worthless over time due to lack of usability. Only those that are useful and provide active development and innovation, will see constant demand on the crypto market. Consider Bitcoin as a good example of a deflationary cryptocurrency whose prices have been going up constantly since it came into inception back in 2009. Investing in the right crypto assets will allow you to preserve your financial future.

Nonetheless, a coin or token doesn't need to be deflationary to be highly successful. There are many inflationary crypto assets out there on the market with a positive uptrend in price. Ethereum is one of those crypto assets that has been considered valuable to many people in the mainstream world. It's largely because the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap is extremely useful for decentralized applications. You'd need "ETH" in order to access most popular dApps on the Ethereum blockchain. Since "De-Fi" platforms are on the spotlight, Ethereum has enjoyed of a constant uptrend in price in such a short amount of time. As long as you pick the right coins or tokens to invest into, nothing should go wrong. Always do your own research instead of making decisions based on other people's opinion, and you'll do fine for the rest of your life. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jimjam1

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 12:09:01 PM

I don't think any dev team can fool investors now since they are very much mature these days and are not willing to invest in anything that looks suspicious. There are many tokens with great use cases are are still waiting to take off. Deflationary concept is a use case in itself those who understand are investing into it.
Cekerula

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 12:13:58 PM

back then, I received some BOMB as an airdrop a while back and suddenly, it started to seep, I was selling them for $7- $10 each. If you talk about BOMs like tokens then If I were you I wouldn't invest much in them because they are a very risky investment.
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 01:29:30 PM

back then, I received some BOMB as an airdrop a while back and suddenly, it started to seep, I was selling them for $7- $10 each. If you talk about BOMs like tokens then If I were you I wouldn't invest much in them because they are a very risky investment.
Yes, and many people suggest that investment is only as limited as we can afford, don't be too forced and can experience frustration when there is a sudden loss, especially if the market conditions are uncertain, obviously it will be very dangerous if not monitored regularly.
jimjam1

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 07:04:46 PM

Yes, and many people suggest that investment is only as limited as we can afford, don't be too forced and can experience frustration when there is a sudden loss, especially if the market conditions are uncertain, obviously it will be very dangerous if not monitored regularly.

There is always a time to buy or sell a coin. Just like getting BOMB through airdrop and selling them at 10$ was ideal thing, likewise buying BOOM at current price does'nt pose much risk. BOOM is yet to see its bull risk so its good to buy this coin at current price.
PhilEilhart

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 07:18:12 PM

The most issue that deflationary tokens display is that they will regularly be seen as a security within the eyes of controllers. This can be since the deflationary components utilized to purchase the tokens back from the advertise are for the most part subordinate on the victory of the company.
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 07:40:52 PM

I think its high time everyone recognises this and move on or risk getting caught between the Cross fire thus, losing funds. It was well worth the hype while it lasted. People need to understand that most of these deflationary tokens and projects have almost nothing to offer aside token burning rate and hype.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
jimjam1

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 07:11:02 PM

I think every coin in crypto market has some sort of hype associated with it else nobody will take any interest. Deflationary is new concept that's why t hard to digest for many of us. Its still a much better investment then many other tokens that have good use cases but zero market value.
WinterCns

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 05:00:54 PM

I think its high time everyone recognises this and move on or risk getting caught between the Cross fire thus, losing funds. It was well worth the hype while it lasted. People need to understand that most of these deflationary tokens and projects have almost nothing to offer aside token burning rate and hype.

I think same was said for BTC in its initial days and those who put there trust in BTC are called whales now.
Deflationary tokens are in there early days and to be part of its future success its the right time to invest in this token.   
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 05:39:54 PM

First, I do not think being a deflationary token is enough reason to invest in any project, there have to be other good reasons which must prove why the project is worthy enough to be invested in. Although there was a time the trend or rather hype was much about deflationary tokens, because the team made it look like, by having small supply which will reduce overtime, then the price of the token will keep increasing, this idea was used to create many scam projects, until it became clear that without good use case, being a deflationary is nothing. In the same way, another purpose of having deflationary token is this, when a coin supply is much and the team aims to reduce it as time goes by, they can implement deflationary features or burn features, thus for every transaction the supply keeps reducing.

WinterCns

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 04:15:06 PM

First, I do not think being a deflationary token is enough reason to invest in any project, there have to be other good reasons which must prove why the project is worthy enough to be invested in. Although there was a time the trend or rather hype was much about deflationary tokens, because the team made it look like, by having small supply which will reduce overtime, then the price of the token will keep increasing, this idea was used to create many scam projects, until it became clear that without good use case, being a deflationary is nothing. In the same way, another purpose of having deflationary token is this, when a coin supply is much and the team aims to reduce it as time goes by, they can implement deflationary features or burn features, thus for every transaction the supply keeps reducing.

In my opinion the going down of supply in circulation is use case in itself. Crypto is all about payment system and volatility. These Deflationary tokens will bring more volatility with time as supply will go down. We just need to wait and see how these coins behave in days to come.
KngrKhna

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 06:35:58 PM

Deflationary tokens need more exploration as its a brand new idea and people are a bit reluctant to join it. Those who understand the demand and supply concept are betting in these Deflationary Tokens while others are not giving a good look.
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 10:26:40 PM

I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think this is to reduce the circulating supply, so that the coin price will continue to increase if the supply gets smaller. Such a coin is worth investing in, but see if it is active. If not, leave.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 10:54:40 PM

Deflationary tokens need more exploration as its a brand new idea and people are a bit reluctant to join it. Those who understand the demand and supply concept are betting in these Deflationary Tokens while others are not giving a good look.

Indeed, we need to learn more about when the token is burned. I think the deflationary token aims to reduce the total supply which results in reduced circulating supply in the market, this action is expected to increase the token price and I think this is a good innovation as long as the project is good and running.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 11:07:44 PM

I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think this is to reduce the circulating supply, so that the coin price will continue to increase if the supply gets smaller. Such a coin is worth investing in, but see if it is active. If not, leave.
that's the point but mostly of deflationary tokens are only think about to reduce the supply while what matter most should be the product.
Even you have been burning your token until there's only a single token in your wallet will be worthless because you have no product that can be offered to be used by the others.
These day crypto is working about how good your product and it's not about how small the supply of your coins.

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██