Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Riots after Death of Man in Minneapolis Police Custody  (Read 4415 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2021, 04:41:21 PM

You are correct, the trial is over, however losing parties have the right to appeal negative court outcomes, and Chauvin is appealing on the basis of the junior being biased and on the basis of the junior lying on his junior questionnaire (among other issues).

Who the fuck is "junior"?

My expectation is that Chauvin's guilty verdict is eventually overturned.

Great, we can file it with all your other expectations, like Trump winning in a landslide or stock market tanking after Biden's inauguration.

Chauvin's lawyers are now basically throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks. Can't blame them, technically they're obligated to do what's legally possible to help their client. But it doesn't mean they'll get what they want.
Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:51:31 PM

I really thought, everybody already accepted that chauvin is a murderer. I guess I'm wrong.

It is like a unwinnable case no matter what kind of not guilty plea he submit. I'm even amazed that his lawyers try to defend him in the first place.

Anyway, the last resort he can now go is to go federal, though It would be nice if he just appeal to reduce the sentence and not a "Not Guilty plea"

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:38:59 AM

Chauvin's lawyers are now basically throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks. Can't blame them, technically they're obligated to do what's legally possible to help their client. But it doesn't mean they'll get what they want.

If anything, there's a chance a second case could find him innocent of the one or two most serious charges, but him being found innocent on all charges is just some kind of weird, evil pipe dream.

chauvins lawyers are basically obligated to stretch out any and all legal avenues at their $XXX per hour costs. until there is nothing left to to stretch.

once the money dries up and all the paths they can follow dry up.. chauvin is still going to be drying his hands by rubbing them against his bright orange prison jumpsuit. for a long time.

most greedy lawyers dont care about their client. although chauvin is definitely guilty and deserves it, however even i seen a few watered down dumb questions with no effort made by the defense. its like they didnt even try or avoided trying*.
but the next step is while chauvin does his time, his legal team can take their time adding on more hours 'investigating'
they wont want to rush straight to an appeal and then an appeal of an appeal to waste all chauvins lifelines of legal options within a year. they will happily drag out those many appeal process options over the years and add in lots of legal costs in between.

no point just begging for an appeal without any new evidence days after a trial.
*(this might explain why they didnt push hard first time..
.. to then push a little harder next time. mentioning things they didnt mention in first trial)

but all in all while the lawyer make profit.. chauvin is going to prison.. and deserves to be in prison

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: