Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:54:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive SpondooliesTech SP10 Setup [HD]  (Read 28986 times)
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:10:11 AM

The SP10 contains 192 Hammer ASICs arranged into two large hashing boards. Hash rates vary between 1.4 and 1.6TH depending on temperature, and power consumption between 1.1 and 1.3KW from the wall. It contains a power supply, controller and cooling system - all in a 1.25U case.

Then the fight seems to be on for the 1TH/s space

Who will blink first on price
Spondoolies  1.45TH/s @ $4995 = 1TH/s @ $3,444
BITMAIN                                      1TH/s @ $3,599
Bitmine/Dragon/Clones                 1TH/s @ $3,600 (approx.)

Who can deliver on volume?
Who's miners can be overclocked enough?

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:15:26 AM

Great job mate!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:16:40 AM

Dogie,

does the PSU has its own air channel?

Thanks
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:40:36 AM

+1 Thanks Dogie!
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 09:42:27 AM

Quick question (if you will)...Are you getting PAID for this review...?
Jumping in: None of the reviewers are getting paid for the review. All of them can keep the miner for themselves

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:08:08 AM

Thanks...Good to know...
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:39:30 AM

Jumping in: None of the reviewers are getting paid for the review. All of them can keep the miner for themselves

Sell miner = payed

but admittedly the producer of the miner has no leverage so the reviews can be a more honest.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

Well that is the same thing of course, not sure why anyone would think differently?

In any case, reviews by longstanding forum members are valuable to some anyway so thanks for facilitating this.

Looking forward to hearing from normal happy customers who will be receiving their machines in 4-5 days now!

J

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:48:42 PM

Sell miner = payed

but admittedly the producer of the miner has no leverage so the reviews can be a more honest.

That's the important thing - I'm free to do what I want. I'm free to say its noisier currently on turbo than a dairy cow. My results don't require validation and I get to work with the people developing the hardware and software to improve it for everyone else.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

Dogie,

does the PSU has its own air channel?

Thanks

Not linearly, but it works with the existing air channels. The PSU is way overcooled though, the air exhausted is never very warm.

seriouscoin

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:51:58 PM

can you post screenshot showing the chips temp?

I dont know how you monitor the temp of the chips since its not available on Minepeon screen.

Thanks
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

dogie, it's cat /var/log/asics
We might add an advanced tab to the UI later

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:52:08 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 09:51:44 PM by dogie

I dont know how you monitor the temp of the chips since its not available on Minepeon screen.

Thanks
Think last night's firmware broke SSH (for me anyway) so will get you a pic once its fixed. Nevermind I was just being silly.  New firmware is even better.

Anything less than 113 shows 77 AFAIK.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:24:55 PM

Is it noisier than these coincraft rigs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygim9rmf5RQ&feature=youtu.be

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 09:54:00 PM

Is it noisier than these coincraft rigs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygim9rmf5RQ&feature=youtu.be
Hard to say but its a different type of noise. That one appears to be air volume noise, this one is currently a squeel + vibration.

WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 11:37:02 PM by WTParker2

Squeal is most likely bearings.
Vibrations can be fixed with sound deadener (that resists heat) at key joints.
I've watched the video and noticed thin sheet metal touching thin sheet metal without any insulation or anything to resist vibration.

Spondoolies-Tech, I would love to offer my services of making your miner more efficient and effective in the home, office and server environments. You can send 1 or 2 or 3 units to my offices (no more than 3 at a time please) and I can go through each one and make changes to the case, fans, and power supply (just to name a few). Once done, I can ship them back to you for your inspection and implementation. Along with the new revised hardware and list of materials used, there will be a full write-up on what was done and why. And more importantly quantified data. Cost benefit analysis for each unit will also be noted. From there, you can revise your final product accordingly. All it will cost you is one-way shipping.

FYI, I am here in Austin, TX where Cointerra is located and I've done all I can to help them out in their final design.
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:56:06 AM

Squeal is most likely bearings.
Vibrations can be fixed with sound deadener (that resists heat) at key joints.
I've watched the video and noticed thin sheet metal touching thin sheet metal without any insulation or anything to resist vibration.

Spondoolies-Tech, I would love to offer my services of making your miner more efficient and effective in the home, office and server environments. You can send 1 or 2 or 3 units to my offices (no more than 3 at a time please) and I can go through each one and make changes to the case, fans, and power supply (just to name a few). Once done, I can ship them back to you for your inspection and implementation. Along with the new revised hardware and list of materials used, there will be a full write-up on what was done and why. And more importantly quantified data. Cost benefit analysis for each unit will also be noted. From there, you can revise your final product accordingly. All it will cost you is one-way shipping.

FYI, I am here in Austin, TX where Cointerra is located and I've done all I can to help them out in their final design.

lol please dont fall for this.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:03:48 PM

lol please dont fall for this.

I like it when they do this, makes it easier to ignore them.

mitak64

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:23:51 PM

"(no more than 3 at a time please)"

This cracked me up  Cheesy
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:56:19 PM

Aaand we've hit >1500 in turbo. Quiet mode > 1350.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: