Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT MARRY YOUR ALTCOIN BAGS  (Read 2238 times)
havoc928

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 09:36:21 AM

Investing in top altcoins has lesser risks than most new altcoins, look what's happening presently, many new projects are now turning into DeFi just to take advantage of the HYPE, if I am holding any crypto project that isn't DeFi from scratch I will dump for another altcoin
You're right that investing in top and trustworthy altcoins has less risk than investing in new altcoins. However, investing in new altcoins has more potential to manyfold your capital than investing in those coins that already been trusted. That's just a common thing that is easy to understand, the more risks, the more profits. Besides, it's true that many projects are following the hype, though, be careful about the hype!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 09:46:28 AM

Invest in DeFi projects that are popular right now, stop listening to those who are calling this uptrend bullish market a bubble, I believe this DeFi hype will last for more months or approximately a year atleast, within this time you can make better ROI

chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 10:26:28 AM

Im actually the type to make sure ive made profit. Like if i see that ive reached a significant amount of profit im targetting, then i sell my coins. Its hard to count on things like what if the value gets higher but then again it gets lower and you missed your chance to profit. I say set a line of when to stop, dont cling on to your coins too much.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 10:31:55 AM

Many traders and investors fail in this part where they hold bag of altcoins without knowing now that the altcoins that they hold is actually shitcoins that doesn't have value anymore. We should learn from the mistakes of others, there are many people who regretted their decisions before and know hoping to correct it to regain the money that they lost.

Instead of focusing on holding bags of shitcoins, we should allocate most of time on enhancing our skills especially on improving our knowledge about the market. There are opportunities out there and we can see through our mind if we will invest in our knowledge.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 11:14:45 AM

Im actually the type to make sure ive made profit. Like if i see that ive reached a significant amount of profit im targetting, then i sell my coins. Its hard to count on things like what if the value gets higher but then again it gets lower and you missed your chance to profit. I say set a line of when to stop, dont cling on to your coins too much.
Lesson learned to me when bull run happens I expect too much that price could way up to high in an altcoin. That's true let's don't hold too much of altcoins just sell when you are earning profit already. The price is so volatile and we didn't know at what price it will head to.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 11:16:35 AM

I think the best thing is to stick to BTC and ETH they are really the safest coin around but they way i see it is very unlikely that bubble of 2017 occurs again I mean people have really wise up and learned their lesson

Agree, holding Bitcoin and Ethereum is a safer option compared to other cryptos. Bitcoin is the main crypto that has been traded the most and Ethereum is the most popular coin because it is used by many projects thus making the two coins the most traded and having the largest market cap value.

Looking for long term and if you wanted to maximize your profits, this two coins are good for holding. It's been test from time to time that this two coins really bring great benefits to those who bought and hold this project, just need to trust your investment and never to panic it's very important when you are inside this market, it will only let you lose your money if you go with the flow.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 11:50:30 AM

Does it really matter to have a setting point or the significant target amount when it comes to making a profit. As what you have said, it is hard when the value of it gets higher but then suddenly goes down, you already missed the chance of getting a profit. Or if by chance that the altcoin goes to the moon, you basically disregard your target amount to sell. That situation is what we most likely experience, so I don't really think that having a certain target makes any sense. What matters is the decision we made when that situation come in front of us.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 11:57:06 AM

I remember of a friend who gave up his studies and went all-in on AMP coin (Synereo - if you remember the project). By saying all-in, I don't mean that he invested any money on it but all his time. He worked as a programmer for them and used to earn $300 worth of AMP each month. He did this for at least 3 years, the project did well and he almost became a double millionaire when the spike occurred in markets during 2017 when BTC was $14k and reached $20k. But he kept the coins as it is, didn't sell them when I even advised him to do so and later when the crash happened, the project itself came to an end putting all his work and savings under the grave. So, you need to know when to sell as that's too an important part of trading.

Crypto is a roller coaster ride. One day your investment is at the top and it can go down real fast in just a snap. Never ever HODL your coin for a long time, at one point you will have to sell and take your profit or you will be left out. I had kept some of my bounties and had lost my chance of selling them. Don't be driven by greed, and don't wait for the price to go up further.
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 12:15:58 PM

I mean the whole thing of trading is to circulate the money afterall. Hoarding all these alts and just missing out on the opportunity of cashing them just for hoarding it is a loss. I believe if you think youve past the point of having a decent profit, you should sell the coins. Waiting for it too hard just for it to drop down is another kind of low.

angrybirdy

Activity: 966
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 12:31:24 PM

I remember of a friend who gave up his studies and went all-in on AMP coin (Synereo - if you remember the project). By saying all-in, I don't mean that he invested any money on it but all his time. He worked as a programmer for them and used to earn $300 worth of AMP each month. He did this for at least 3 years, the project did well and he almost became a double millionaire when the spike occurred in markets during 2017 when BTC was $14k and reached $20k. But he kept the coins as it is, didn't sell them when I even advised him to do so and later when the crash happened, the project itself came to an end putting all his work and savings under the grave. So, you need to know when to sell as that's too an important part of trading.

Crypto is a roller coaster ride. One day your investment is at the top and it can go down real fast in just a snap. Never ever HODL your coin for a long time, at one point you will have to sell and take your profit or you will be left out. I had kept some of my bounties and had lost my chance of selling them. Don't be driven by greed, and don't wait for the price to go up further.
Exactly, just provide a short period of time when holding an altcoin. Holding it for too long will not bring us anything but regrets. Instead of having the opportunity to sell at a higher value, our altcoin will always miss it if we keep on holding.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 01:19:36 PM

Exactly, just provide a short period of time when holding an altcoin. Holding it for too long will not bring us anything but regrets. Instead of having the opportunity to sell at a higher value, our altcoin will always miss it if we keep on holding.
In short dont be greedy.

If we see a growth to our coins that we hold and made profit be contented to it.

Dont aim for high return unless if you're certain that this particular coin can give you the profit you really want.

DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1218
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 01:52:41 PM

In short dont be greedy.

If we see a growth to our coins that we hold and made profit be contented to it.

Dont aim for high return unless if you're certain that this particular coin can give you the profit you really want.
Yes, just don't be too greedy

Having enough return, even if it is not high enough or not even close to our expectation, it should be enough as long as we make a profit out of our investment. Having a profit is better than having nothing.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 01:55:43 PM

This is a good advice, I must confess that the best coin to bag hold is btc. Most altcoin would be useless in no distant time. Its best to take decent profit and walk away, holding on could get you no where. Some projects start up so well and one could be thinking that in few years they'll be larger only to wake up to see that the project had been abandoned.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1178

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 02:05:03 PM

Thanks to today's price growth, I'm about to divorce with my long term relationship with Waves. Bought them in 2018 when the price was around $3 and now I'm close to losing as less as possible or even making a little profit. Even though I've already resigned that it was a bad investment, and this alt doesn't bother be anymore for being in my portfolio, I don't feel bad for buying it. Buying and holding Waves was a good experience for me, it taught me not to rush with decisions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 02:11:37 PM

LoL, the title of the post got my attention. It is indeed working to those who are holding altcoins but not able to sell during the cryptocurency halving. It might be getting old now since it was being brought and still holding it waiting for when it comes that it could recover and sell again without losses. But holding them too long does not mean that one should hold it forever as what it was implied in the title of the topic. Do not hold altcoins forever and sell it when you can earn. But if that coin your holding is a shit coin like dead project then good luck. Surely you can marry it and hold forever.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 03:08:27 PM

LoL, the title of the post got my attention. It is indeed working to those who are holding altcoins but not able to sell during the cryptocurency halving. It might be getting old now since it was being brought and still holding it waiting for when it comes that it could recover and sell again without losses. But holding them too long does not mean that one should hold it forever as what it was implied in the title of the topic. Do not hold altcoins forever and sell it when you can earn. But if that coin your holding is a shit coin like dead project then good luck. Surely you can marry it and hold forever.
In general, Life is very fleeting and in the modern world there are quite often various situations when a person cannot carry out all his plans. Based on this, I also think that a titmouse is better in hand than a pie in the sky. you need to learn to use what life gives you, and not expect to receive transparent mountains of gold. I am also of the opinion that most altcoins do not have their own final product and one cannot hope for good prospects in the future.
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 03:26:13 PM

In short dont be greedy.

Greed and wrong decisions are linear in nature. After seeing what happen to Yam finance bug that plunge the price from $130 to almost $0, I will never hold alts for long time. Investing in cryptocurrency in risky but marring Alt coins will be suicide.
The best way is to diversify portfolio, %20 interest is okay for me to move on to the next hot project.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 04:32:16 PM

Crypto is really unpredictable and extremely volatile. It is important to be wise in making decision, to hold or to sell. I agree to not be too attached with your coins because you might just get disappointed of lost value.

militiariko

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

Life is beautiful !

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 04:43:20 PM

One mistake a trader or investor must not make is letting emotions make decisions for you. No matter how promising a token has big, you cannot and must not hesitate to take profits.

As a trader, never make such mistakes, and always do your own research so you know when and when not to take profits
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 04:54:14 PM

Crypto is really unpredictable and extremely volatile. It is important to be wise in making decision, to hold or to sell. I agree to not be too attached with your coins because you might just get disappointed of lost value.
if you created an investment portfolio of altcoins, then you need to constantly monitor what is happening in the project and if we see problems, then we need to sell, and if the development is good, then you need to create the right strategy and understand when you want to sell your coins but not just hold them

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: