Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the Most UnderValued Coin And Why, Please Explain I have 2 btc to invest!  (Read 5713 times)
cryptojette (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:20:00 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 09:14:55 AM by cryptojette

I am looking to invest and would like to hear what you guys have to say.

Dont just tell me what coin you want to see pumped,

Explain what is special about the coin, why the coin is going to gain value, maybe who the devs are or what the following is like,

Thanks

I have to say here, I am designer/dev of Popular Coin POP

We at POP have been working very hard to lift the entire CC Market by looking to teach the fundamentals of CC to Popular Culture, we are presenting at the CryptoCurrency Convention http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ have a great following on CCT https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/768-popularcoin-pop/ (people dont take new alts seriously around here imo) we did 0 premine which is pretty daring with all these coins around that did premine, we aren't looking to take away from other coins (accept maybe the ones that dont get mentioned in this thread) POP is designed to help all these coins succeed.

I will insert POP as one of the Undervalued coins at this moment, but the point of this thread is to find out which coins have real value and what makes them valuable.

So with that being said, I am going to put together a list of the coins that are posted on this thread with VALID and good reasoning behind them and let it be known that they are NOT shitcoins.

Also, in defense of the coins that are working to help countries out, that is what CC is all about, no matter what country you are from, hopefully one day CC can be a form of currency for your country. This only helps the entire CC Market. If people dont like them, then dont buy them. That is the greatest point of what this entire movement is about.

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
Red Tricycle

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:25:18 AM

Honestly, LTC seems like a good bet these days. Last year it was the biggest gainer, $100 investment would have become $30000+ between Jan and Dec. It seems to be getting picked up as some sort of MasterCard to Bitcoin's visa with retailers.  People are making ASICs for it, we saw what that did for BTC's price. I don't know for sure but it seems to be getting some what popular. I mean it might not mean huge money for you, not like if you have two BTC of DOGE and it hit $1.00 but LTC is probably a better bet long term. Honestly I would take one of those BTC, break it up and invest a little in a bunch of long shot currencies. You will lose on most of them, maybe all of them but you have a better chance at coming out ahead than if you plop it all on one square. I would keep the other BTC for a while more, why not right? It looks like Wall Street might be moving in, one BTC could become worth a bundle.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:33:24 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:54:43 AM by devphp

Myriadcoin.

It's extremely undervalued.

It's technically superior to other altcoins and even bitcoin due to its 5 independent algos, which make it more resistant to 51% attack and selfish mining. Potentially bound to have the largest network, as it allows everyone to participate. Devs seem to know what they are doing too. Besides, it's been bottoming out recently, and as more people start understanding its potential, it may have a lot of upside.

But why do you want to invest in just 1 coin? Diversify is the name of the game.
cryptojette (OP)

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:35:20 AM

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense to me, I have heard plenty of people talking on chatboxes about it making it to 100$

I was hoping someone would justify a dev and a smaller alt coin with promise,..

but you are right litecoin is a great coin, it already has everything that even btc has, except the baggage, not what I was expecting but that is a great point.

I am hoping to hear some really good justifications here, everyone is always promoting all these coins but without much reasoning imo

Also, great Idea to diversify, and any coin that gets mentioned in this thread will hold a lot more water in my book.

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:35:38 AM

I am looking to invest and would like to hear what you guys have to say.

Dont just tell me what coin you want to see pumped,

Explain why the coin is going to gain value, maybe who the devs are or what the following is like,

Thanks

Hello.

I won't tell you what to do, but I would suggest you check out NobleCoin. The prices are very low at the moment due to both of its major exchanges being hacked in succession.

As for the coin it is a LTC clone, but with a 1 block diff retarget which makes it multipool resistant. The dev of the coin is what really makes it shine. Since release 2 months ago we now have a fully working marketplace where you can buy amazon, newegg and xbox live vouchers with a 12% discount for using Noble. There is also the opportunity to buy Noble bullion which has just been confirmed.

Not to mention E Sports sponsorships and the $5000 raised for charity...

The best part for me is how friendly and dedicated the community are, leaps and bounds above most others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:38:59 AM

Huntercoin is extremely undervalued. It is a game inside the wallet that is "human-mineable". Why the fuck has this shit not caught on?

Huntercoin has a market cap of $373,206 and it is an entirely new idea? Even shit/scam/clonecoins have 3-6x the market cap. The main reason I think is that the dev, SnailBrain spends his time working on the coin and does not spend any time advertising or hiring shills to clog up the threads here.

NONE of these other new coins offer anything. 2 second block time, ASIC resistant, AIRDROPS(come the fuck on, really?)....none of that shit matters....they are all just clone coins to be traded for btcs as quick as possible, and/or pump-and-dump coins if the devs have enough money for the pump.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0
cryptojette (OP)

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:40:22 AM

I am going to make a list of all the coins that get mentioned in this thread, thank you all for Making Real Points and Reasoning for why the Coins are worthy.

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:41:32 AM

Honestly, LTC seems like a good bet these days. Last year it was the biggest gainer, $100 investment would have become $30000+ between Jan and Dec. It seems to be getting picked up as some sort of MasterCard to Bitcoin's visa with retailers.  People are making ASICs for it, we saw what that did for BTC's price. I don't know for sure but it seems to be getting some what popular. I mean it might not mean huge money for you, not like if you have two BTC of DOGE and it hit $1.00 but LTC is probably a better bet long term. Honestly I would take one of those BTC, break it up and invest a little in a bunch of long shot currencies. You will lose on most of them, maybe all of them but you have a better chance at coming out ahead than if you plop it all on one square. I would keep the other BTC for a while more, why not right? It looks like Wall Street might be moving in, one BTC could become worth a bundle.
I think i'd go for that LTC too.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:58:30 AM

Huntercoin is extremely undervalued. It is a game inside the wallet that is "human-mineable". Why the fuck has this shit not caught on?

Huntercoin has a market cap of $373,206 and it is an entirely new idea? Even shit/scam/clonecoins have 3-6x the market cap. The main reason I think is that the dev, SnailBrain spends his time working on the coin and does not spend any time advertising or hiring shills to clog up the threads here.

NONE of these other new coins offer anything. 2 second block time, ASIC resistant, AIRDROPS(come the fuck on, really?)....none of that shit matters....they are all just clone coins to be traded for btcs as quick as possible, and/or pump-and-dump coins if the devs have enough money for the pump.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0

this man speak the truth, Huntercoin is the only good coin, after Bitcoin of course

down with the clone
cryptojette (OP)

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:22:32 AM

So Far Weve Got - Popular Myriad Lite Noble Hunter Coin!

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
Crypt Keeper

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:34:33 AM

Look into Battle Coin they are going to be at the cryptoconvention to

they have a great dev and they "designed to eliminate and destroy all weak cryptocurrency"
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:44:01 AM

Cryptographic Anomaly and FlutterCoin are undervalued right now.
vagos

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:14:00 AM

ive just said my opinnion in another question similar to yours, feel free to read, and make your own informed choice: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525409.msg5836762#msg5836762  Smiley

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:18:05 AM

zetacoin will have a android wallet soon
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:23:08 AM

Bitcoin sCrypt

Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM

Go over to: http://coinmarketcap.com/ then sort by volume.

Take the market cap and dividing by volume and also sticking to the top four coins by volume, we get:

Bitcoin 7036/34 = 206
Litecoin 413/16 = 25
Dogecoin 43/2 = 21.5
Maxcoin 2.936/1.280 = 2.059

The lower the ratio, the greater the potential I believe.

I would expect the market cap of different cryptocoins to reach some stable ratio to their volume. This would seem to make Maxcoin the greatest potential, followed by Dogecoin, then Litecoin.

I don't know anything about Maxcoin, so avoiding it for now, but maybe later.

I feel that Dogecoin, which appears to be a joke, may have a few good things going for it. First is the fact that the coins are still dirt cheap and could go up a thousand fold and still be worth less than a dollar each. This gives it a great psychological value. Second, the mining rewards drop in half about every 35 days. This means that we won't have miners constantly trying to sell coins just to recoup the cost of mining.

I converted about 1% of my Bitcoin wealth to half in Litecoin & half in Dogecoin.

dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:36:22 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 10:47:58 AM by dissident

I have no stake in any altcoin but if I did I'd probably go with one of the top tier older altcoins like memorycoin or peercoin, perhaps NXT but I don't like the way the coins were distributed on that one.

Do NOT buy bitcoin script.. everyone here should be driving that piece of garbage into the ground by principle.

Also looking at the market cap is not enough.. you have to look at the number of total coins... for example not long ago dogecoin was at 48 billion coins... the increase to over 62 billion coins in just a month or two combined with a lower market cap means your value has eroded far more than the market cap alone would suggest.

Look for coins with stable or low inflation, or where most of the coins have already been mined. Honestly if I was going to buy some I might buy UNOBTANIUM just because the supply is low and more than half has been mined already. I'd focus on altcoins more than 6 months old that were more fairly distributed with little to no premine.

Personally I would not invest in any... I think bitcoin is headed lower and will drag all the alts with it.   If you want to preserve VALUE  you have to be very careful.. the number of altcoins continues to accelerate steadily, and existing altcoins continue to be mined, ever increasing the number of available coins and diluting the entire market.

Most people who invest in alts now are going to lose their ass unless they are daytraders or swing traders. You don't 'buy and hold' altcoins for the most part. Buy some palladium or platinum, or if you live in the US, Guns/AMMO instead.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:39:34 AM

Diversity is your best bet, but DO YOUR RESEARCH! I would suggest allocating a portion into Cryptogenic Bullion. It is very rare, serves a specific niche, minuscule inflation (mostly interest to its owners), hybrid algorithm security, established (9 months old), growing community and best of all for potential investors - very affordable at the moment.
www.cgb.holdings for more info.

Good luck to you!
duda

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:41:45 AM

Don't listen to these noobs.
Too bad I charge 2 BTC for consultation.
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:49:50 AM

pfft tekcoin by a mile, marketcap about $28,000
highest paying POS available
480,000 coins minted
Top dev also started HBM
100 million coins cap.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print