Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or there are others who have same thoughts?  (Read 1305 times)
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 04:18:18 PM

Yeah, it wasn't just you have that kind of thought. Me too but there is nothing you can do about it. At best, you need to choose a good bounty that even when it loses value, your reward still worthwhile of the time you have spent.
As long as bounty hunters will keep trying to work for coins that promise exchanges very soon this will be the problem, bounty hunters need to understand that the coin must have some value in long term and not just earn bounty, wait for exchanges, sell and repeat the process. Being a promoter for a coin you can earn really good if you only have the ability to read a whitepaper and understand the future of the coin and just let people dump and save your coins for the later stages.

Also don't work for bounty campaigns that are paying way too much because any coin being given away in mass quantities for free is actually going to suffocate because there are too many people waiting to dump their coins.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2030
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 04:23:25 PM

It's not only hunters and team that dump the coins/tokens, but also third party contractors.
I know for a fact that Amazix would sell their services in exchange for tokens, and then they'd be paid absurd amount of tokens which they would slowly dump over several months
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 04:46:28 PM

Yes, looking at a few bounties I also feel the same. Even the project not fails, after a certain period of five o six months, we realize that the price is too low and thus we haven't got anything. Also, bounty payments are getting delayed so we can not ride on selling on higher priced boats.

Yes and if you sell as soon as the coin hit exchanges then you are the one who would regret if it ever goes to any better price so this is a cycle of dilemma that can't be helped and bounty people can do nothing around this cycle they have to just work and try to hope the coin gives them the best value when it hit exchanges because that is the time when most of them will sell off.

in my opinion it is part of the team's strategy to attract investors, bounty hunters can't do anything about it, they can only hold or sell it cheaply

And holding a coin that us being sold in the exchange like dust is hard because from my experience most of the alt coins have a limited life cycle where they will be significant for a very small time period and then once the value starts to drop it just never gets back up at all because there is no plans and no one is working for the project once they get their ICO satisfied.
cryyppton1

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:11:41 PM
Merited by serjent05 (1)

Friend i think what they do is to use hunters to shill their project and while they hype , investors come in and  team use that opportunity to dump the project , that is why you see that before the end of the bounty they are done dumping their share and the price becomes shitty . For some , they will delay the distribution of bounty rewards until they are done dumping their bags.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 11:31:06 PM

Is it just me or others think same way? I mean are listed bounties intentionally using bounty campaigns to create hype and before the bounty is over they dump part the tokens making it lose value and make bounty hunters share what's left??? I'm kinda confused with bounty projects that are trading

This is very possible, and is been done in the crypto space today which is why it is recommended for bounty hunters to research trading volume and exchange trust levels when it comes to investing your time in trading Bounties. Iq cash for example is now at a mediocre price after trading conveniently well during Bounty Program
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 11:37:01 PM

Friend i think what they do is to use hunters to shill their project and while they hype , investors come in and  team use that opportunity to dump the project , that is why you see that before the end of the bounty they are done dumping their share and the price becomes shitty . For some , they will delay the distribution of bounty rewards until they are done dumping their bags.

You nailed it!  I have seen lots of bounties that paid their bounty hunters right after the dump is done, not on the peak of the pump.  That is the reality, and these developers need someone to blame for the crash of the token's price and see bounty hunters fit for it which in fact it is the incompetence of the developer's decisions on the early stage of the project that made their token price plummet.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 05:01:32 PM

Is it just me or others think same way? I mean are listed bounties intentionally using bounty campaigns to create hype and before the bounty is over they dump part the tokens making it lose value and make bounty hunters share what's left??? I'm kinda confused with bounty projects that are trading

It can't be all of them, some have better value than the other, if the token is good enough and it loses value after bounty ends then keep it for some time it's possible there will be recovery later, you should make sure you promote projects with good use case

Like 5% of these coins/tokens? Though it's a free money from bounty but when you see a good value from it, why hesitate to sell it? Promoting good projects ain't guaranteed as well, since failure is always lurking around the corner.
I have seen so many ICO's before specially in 2017 and 2018, almost all of them were just being pumped and dumped immediately, while at the same time exit scam are so rampant.
If a significant number of tokens held their value for the long term I am sure we will not see bounty hunters getting rid of their coins as soon as they got them, but since we know that a coin may have value one day and the next one the coin is crashing and you are wondering if it will survive the crash it is no wonder bounty hunters try to exchange their coins for another one that can hold its value a lot better, but the problem is that by doing this bounty hunters are basically guaranteeing that coins will keep crashing as soon as they get paid by their efforts.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 06:43:53 PM

it happened many times and somehow it looks like its cordinated but there is something i notice whenever it happens after a while the price will rise again but only for the patient ones. there is nothing anyone can do about that.
Maxstl007

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 06:47:33 PM

Not all of them, I see you wearing ARCS signature, that's a better project because it has good utility, even if price fall it will recover faster, it depends on the quality of the project you choose, it's not because they are listed and trading
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:22:11 AM

Maybe some bounties like that, but not all of bounties. If the team have such plan, then it is certain that they don't care about the value of their token. Few bounties pay the participants with btc or eth coin, this is to protect the value of their token.
My advice, we should be very picky when we want to join any bounty campaigns.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
totoy4741

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:59:15 AM

Actually to dump is not the purpose of the bounty campaign. It is to spread awareness and if possible hype to the project.  It is one of the marketing strategies of any business that opt to fund them through people's money, .a.k.a ICO, IEO, ITO, IPO, etc.   The major reason why several projects get dumped the moment they get in exchange is that many of these projects offers discounts on investors.  Like their regular price is x USD but they give it at the price of x/3.  So who is in the right mind won't sell if they saw 2x 3x profit?  Thus, dumps happen.
Yeah I agree, being listed in any exchanges is big factor in a certain projects and it would add to hype if the team would create to hype it  up and create promotional activities to attract to invest in the project. It would only go down to the executions of the team and how they would prosper and develop the projects into something that the community would benefit from.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:23:50 AM

Maybe some bounties like that, but not all of bounties. If the team have such plan, then it is certain that they don't care about the value of their token. Few bounties pay the participants with btc or eth coin, this is to protect the value of their token.
My advice, we should be very picky when we want to join any bounty campaigns.
During the all-time of participating in bounty campaigns, I have seen only 2-3 campaigns out of hundreds that paid in Bitcoin or Ethereum. If I will create a project, then I would also pay only in my own coin.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Towerbreeze

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 11:20:22 AM

There is no gain for projects to dump while they want bounty hunters to create awareness for the token, it doesn't make any sense, if a listed token or coin dumps it's because they aren't good enough, you need to choose carefully, oikos coin was trading when the first bounty was launched and the price don't dump but surge more
South Park

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:49:16 PM

it happened many times and somehow it looks like its cordinated but there is something i notice whenever it happens after a while the price will rise again but only for the patient ones. there is nothing anyone can do about that.
That is an even greater risk if you ask me, holding the coins you get from a bounty campaign could lead to great results if you happen to watch the market for that coin every single day for years but who has that kind of patience? And even if you had it there is no guarantee the coin is going to pump at all, so it makes more sense to get rid of the coins you get immediately and then just trade the coin if you are confident on its future.
sayam

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:43:06 PM

I agree with you on some points. In most of the cases, the project owner uses Bounty Hunters to rescue them. So after a few days, that particular project is going to collapse & all the blame falls on the Bounty Hunters. However, not all projects can be put in the same row.
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 04:21:01 PM

I agree with you on some points. In most of the cases, the project owner uses Bounty Hunters to rescue them. So after a few days, that particular project is going to collapse & all the blame falls on the Bounty Hunters. However, not all projects can be put in the same row.
very funny if the project blames the bounty hunter, what do their teams think?
whereas bounty hunters are workers to save the project from investor disinterest

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:15:37 PM

There are some instances that they do that intentionally because they must have already calculated that promoting their project would be already profitable BUT i don't think that all of the bounties are made in that way. We can still see some platforms that is being continuously developed because it is really useful in some parts of the world. Maybe most bounties like that are only composed of a few Creators and Managers since it would be easier to scam people if you are in a small group since all of them would be working together closely.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
South Park

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:41:57 PM

Those developers blaming bounty hunters are just trying to distract investors from the real issue which is themselves, a good project may go down in price temporarily but it will eventually recover once bounty hunters exhaust their holdings but a bad project will probably never recover and those developers are trying to shift away the blame from themselves when the only ones responsible for the crash of their coin is themselves and they know it.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

actually not only you, maybe for most prize hunters also think the same thing with you. but we also cannot blame them completely because this is a form of an ico project and was planned early on by the team and the project developer itself. as prize hunters we can only follow the rules of the project itself.

princerepon

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 11:12:24 PM

Not just you many people faced that kinda story. Even me already faced that kinda situation in this year over ten times. That's sad that such project like XXA launch their platform last year under XLM and their token value was almost $8. But after a year before bounty payments it down around $0.40. This token value at this moment around $0.15. I mean what a joke.!! And it's true that people seeing this kinda unfaithful behavior from long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: