Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustration with Investors- Why is it so hard to take Bitcoin mainstream?  (Read 4526 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 12:48:36 AM

Why is it so hard to take Bitcoin mainstream?

Because your average bitcoiner, although potentially quite knowledgeable in processors, computer hardware, cryptography, economics, market trading, and development, whenever they go in public or are interviewed they look like this:

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 04:04:02 AM

I'm aware that "Feeling Tersed" is improper grammar. It was penned tongue-in-cheek because I used the word terse and its derivatives(?) several times in the post. But now that you mentioned it, and as I penned this reply, I am mistaken. For as it stands, even if incorrect, it's like I'm stating that here is my tersed reply to your terseness, which is not the case. I didn't want to come across as terse myself--just state how I feel/felt. The rest of the post I'm stating behind at this penning.

A little sensitive are we Phinnaeus?  I didn't really understand you comment either, so I can see why tetra4c misinterpreted it.  How exactly were you complimenting him?

I just reread my original post that tetra4c committed on. OOPS!!! As I read it now, you seem correct. I blame that post on the Bossa Nova German beer being tired (that's the ticket) when I wrote it. That said, I can now see how tetra4c can easily misinterpret it, although I still feel that his post came across--can I say?--terse, to me.

Sorry if I came across sensitive, but at the time, it hit my sensitive nerve. I would like to offer up an olive branch to tetra4c, and if he accepts it, I would also like to pledge 1 BTC by proxy to the Bitcoin100 in his name, if he states to me that he wouldn't mind if I do such. No apology on his part is needed.

Note to self: Keep your fuckin' mouth pen shut, otherwise it could become expensive.

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

It's aaaaalllll good - no problems!

Yes, my remark was not-so-nice but I think you see how I perceived your remark. Admittedly, I’m *horrible* at PR stuff for TH and that's why I typically stay away from it. I try to satisfy everyone but it's almost impossible. When I try too, it often comes off as "cotton-balling" as one person described it. It’s something I’m improving.

I'd like to participate from a more neutral stand point in the forums and hence I created this account. I'm not concerned if people know it's me but I'd prefer that every time I post *the regulars* don't point and say, "Hey, it's Adam from TH". I know to some extent that’ll be impossible because of the role we play – but, so be it! Plus, our ethics ARE important. I think most people who know us see that we are straight business people.

Mind you, for TH related items I still log in as Adam S (TradeHill).

So, that’s it! Slam down a ‘bier’ for me – just don’t go getting crazy on the forums drunk!  Cheesy

You also have my apologies for the not-so-nice remarks in the post!

Regards,
Adam Stradling  

Thank you, Adam. I truly love this post.

Bruno
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 05:43:17 AM

I'd recommend giving out some physical bitcoins to ppl and have a computer set up to show investors how the process works.  in my experience its kind of tough to get non tech ppl to wrap their heads around.  having something real to give them might help make the decision.  plus the physical bitcoins series 2 look rad!

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
k

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:26:15 PM

Fred Wilson (well known New York based VC) has just recently written this blog post http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2011/11/bitcoin.html on his thoughts on bitcoin. Perhaps the tide is changing somewhat in investor sentiment with regards to bitcoin.

I started another topic specifically on this blog post here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53041.msg632087#msg632087
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: