Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:55:54 PM

Carbon offsetting is bull and it's stupid to trust someone to do it for you without any evidence......Some FUD for you.  Do the trees even exist?  Who owns the land?  Can we see the contract that states the trees wont be harvested?  What does the environmental impact study say about planting all these new trees densely into one place?

In the world I live in trust still exists, as does family-owned maintained permanent forestry which requires funding to be expanded in so doing, sequestering thousands of tonnes of Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere.

We must live in different worlds.  Even if they have every intent to maintain it is good to know that they will live forever and never pass the land down to someone else with different ideas.  I never questioned your photo.  Your arguing points that I haven't even mentioned.  So much defense and yet still no evidence.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:15:31 AM

We must live in different worlds.  Even if they have every intent to maintain it is good to know that they will live forever and never pass the land down to someone else with different ideas.  I never questioned your photo.  Your arguing points that I haven't even mentioned.  So much defense and yet still no evidence.

If you are questioning the tree spacing you are questioning the photo, because that is the only evidence you could have of the tree spacing. Up-hill all the way with you isn't it. If you had bothered to actually keep up with this thread you'd see that I have provided evidence, including the location (just to prevent any recourse, I could not care less if you wish to dismantle this, you can find a way if you choose to - this is the real world, not the blockchain).

People on the forum put 70BTC into Stackcoin on far less information than I have provided here, but i didn't see you on there touting "scam", perhaps you were with one of your other accounts? Now, because of that, someone comes along actually having genuine positive intensions, and anyone who would otherwise have supported the project from the outset is frightened off, all because a few sorry individuals woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Until the time comes for planting saplings there is no more evidence to provide than the photographs of the site. What do you want, a soil sample? Maybe some sort of scratch and sniff? A dead twig? I know, I'll mail you an authentic Hampshire worm... just pop your address below.

In my world one's wishes are respected by one's children, because one brings them up properly. Sure, there is some possibility that some circumstance may lead to some portion of the trees not living to 100 years old and, in fact, all our calculations for offset on the website have now been reviewed and adjusted to reflect a much more realistic value for carbon offset per tree.

You are ignoring the larger objective here, this is not to be about simply planting forests, this is about funding the sequestering of carbon on as larger scale as funding will permit. All being well we will see an asset bubble in carbon sequestration - maybe finally we will see this technology bringing about an ecological answer to the industrial revolution. Nice of you to stand in the way of it, sure everyone you know is proud of you.

The defence is more to do with the fact that some utter waste of space came onto my thread and had the audacity to call me pathetic while at the same time offering no evidence of ever doing anything meaningful with his life whatsoever. That's not a cue for evidence by the way, no interest.

As I said before I'm done defending anything, and if you wouldn't mind, my time is better spent on things which are going to be of tangible benefit to the world we live in and this community. Continuing this discussion certainly isn't one of them.

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:06:17 AM

Im still not basing anything on your picture as it's just a picture.  You make alot of assumptions just because people question your intent and get quite frustrated it seems.  I don't even know anything about the other coin your talking about as you can tell by the age of my account im guessing it was before I was on here.  I don't see this going anywhere as you still can't provide any evidence of anything.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:46:37 AM

Im still not basing anything on your picture as it's just a picture.  You make alot of assumptions just because people question your intent and get quite frustrated it seems.  I don't even know anything about the other coin your talking about as you can tell by the age of my account im guessing it was before I was on here.  I don't see this going anywhere as you still can't provide any evidence of anything.

Great, thank you for again taking the time to air your views. Map containing grid refs, photographs taken by myself on site and the fact that I am still here, still taking the time might have pointed you in the right direction if you were, well, better. I have been very clear about my intentions from the beginning. You don't believe me, good for you. Go put your money in another coin and leave this alone.

To borrow your phrase for a moment, I don't see you contributing anything of value to anything I'm sorry to say, but if you do please by all means let me know about it so that I can have an opportunity to challenge your work with the same belligerent skepticism you have shown here. Perhaps you'd become frustrated at that if you believed in what you were doing, but who knows. Perhaps you are incapable of believing in anything.

I have encountered some amazing people on this project who do believe in what we are doing, and are helping the cause, and actually am glad that you won't be benefitting from any of the work we are doing, apart from the unavoidable benefit to everyone, which unfortunately it won't be possible to exclude you from.

You state from the off that you dont believe in carbon offset in general (?), so you come closed-mindedly onto a thread about a carbon offset project (?), throw doubts, accusations, generally spread FUD (?) - then you come back at first excuse to have another pop (?), and openly admit to being hateful (?). Can you see a theme emerging here? Perhaps it has been following you around for a while without you noticing...

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:10:56 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:33:12 AM by DemetriusAstroBlack

You are a great salesmen,  keep it up.  You are winning everyone over.

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:15:34 PM

AM,

Don't be discouraged.  There are many of us who appreciate what you have done and are doing. Thank you. 
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:38:42 PM

Id like to congratulate you on your efforts! I also work in sustainable forestry in the Amazon and tried to get a project going in the BTC community (my first naive post lol)
Your idea is great and I do wish you luck. Lets stay in touch!
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:38:47 PM

Yup, don't let this negativity get you down. In an environment such as this with so many folks creating dodgy pump and dump coins it's understandable people have their suspicions. Some voicing them in more acerbic ways than others... But your doing a good job.

But I genuinely believe your doing something positive here. I'd like to volunteer my help for some web design work if you want it.
Thread7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:44:05 PM

I didn't read every post in this thread but noticed a lot of the back and forth is regarding the photograph.  I must admit that it also looks photoshopped to me.  If not, then I think there is an easy way to verify it.  Just go out and take a few more photos.  One from the exact same spot.  The environment most likely changed a bit from when the first photo was taken.  That should make it look slightly different yet a human should be able to easily tell it was taken in the same spot.  Second, take one standing maybe 10 meters to the left.  And take another 10 meters to the right.  If those photos come back as looking very natural, then there should be little question as to the validity.  And I would be glad to donate.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:09:48 PM

So in the absence of any objection or alternative suggestion it looks like we are going to go with something along the lines of Ning's suggestion for a rebrand. He is a professional designer and has offered to help incorporate the new branding into our existing web offering which is amazingly kind of him.

I had felt that the existing carboncoin design does not really reflect our current objectives, apart from the name, so this is a good thing to do ahead of any P.R. efforts.

I could do with someone mathematically capable to run over the figures here: http://carbon-co.in/carbon-footprint/ and here http://carbon-co.in/projects/ to ensure that our estimates are at least based on sound assumptions and workings. They are numbers calculated from sources online, including existing carbon offsetting services. It is essential that the mathematics here is at least able to stand up to some public scrutiny. For the purposes of this I am happy with high ball estimates for carbon emmissions, i.e. network hashrate and conservative estimates for carbon sequestration of fully grown trees, to ensure that whatever happens our impact is covered. This mathematics will be used directly in the calculations of the carbon footprints of all other currencies, so it is vital that they are correct.

If anyone has any sort of development experience and would like to help (even if it is anonymous, and out of the eyes of the skeptics) please contact me. We have got some fairly technical web development tasks to be done involving some back-end architecture which is beyond my current skill set and any help would greatly speed up the process.

Also if anyone has got the skills to launch a secure carboncoin marketplace, selling sustainably produced goods, please also get in touch. I have been contacted by people who will do it for money, so if you have the funds to donate please also get in touch.

It is actually getting to the point where to keep doing this full time I will need a bitcoin or two to spend on my living costs, so anyone wishing to support me in that way would bea tremendous help. To that end my BTC wallet hash, of course completely separate from the forest donation wallets is 14XqaKzqUa3hAC4g3dfcxudZmjur2Wpemi. Obviously, donations to the cause will stay untouched.

There are more tasks coming up all the time and if we get some more developers on board, this will become an unstoppable proposition very quickly. If you are an innovator and want to help us with the final fork then let me know too. I have the spec fully designed but it is going to take some cryptography genius to have it implemented as well as it needs to be.

@danonthehill, @jungle_dave, @ning thank you guys! @jungle_dave, link to the thread, I may or may not have some pent up aggression to expunge Smiley By all means let's have a chat, will pm you my skype a/c - very interested to hear about your operation.

@thread7 Thank you, the site is some hours away from where I live and costs some 40 pounds for me to get to. You are right I have got to address the photo business - I took lots of photos - I am by no means a photographer I warn you! I will put up all the other photos I took on the day now, just uploading to imgur. There are 25 or so.

AM

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

I didn't read every post in this thread but noticed a lot of the back and forth is regarding the photograph.  I must admit that it also looks photoshopped to me.  If not, then I think there is an easy way to verify it.  Just go out and take a few more photos.  One from the exact same spot.  The environment most likely changed a bit from when the first photo was taken.  That should make it look slightly different yet a human should be able to easily tell it was taken in the same spot.  Second, take one standing maybe 10 meters to the left.  And take another 10 meters to the right.  If those photos come back as looking very natural, then there should be little question as to the validity.  And I would be glad to donate.

Oh no, prepare for battle.  OP going to get all crazy mad.  Nobody is allowed to doubt the photo.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:34:12 PM

Oh no, prepare for battle.  OP going to get all crazy mad.  Nobody is allowed to doubt the photo.

Come on man, now you're starting to come off as an instigator. You've said your piece. Now why not just drop it and move on? There really is no need for all this arguing. It's not serving any purpose at all.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:36:52 PM

INCOMING

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Just to predict the troll, these images are taken with a very wide angle lense making the trees, actually over a metre apart and planted by professional foresters, seem closer together than they actually are. I am also informed by the landowner that the firm contracted for the planting have since returned to weed and stand up the ones which had toppled. Hope this is sufficent.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:33:44 PM

Just to predict the troll, these images are taken with a very wide angle lense making the trees, actually over a metre apart and planted by professional foresters, seem closer together than they actually are. I am also informed by the landowner that the firm contracted for the planting have since returned to weed and stand up the ones which had toppled. Hope this is sufficent.

Great idea / project / coin.

Ignore the trolls.

Looking forward to seeing this coin grow.  Grin

ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:52:04 PM

Nice work man.
DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

You did such a good job. Where can I donate again?

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:11:34 AM

Please let me know if that is sufficient or if you would like any more information from me. I think by coincidence your spacing suggestions are actually covered in the photographs. I would be happy to have a skype conversation with you if you wish, ahead of any donation.

Thank you

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:18:24 AM

AM,

Don't be discouraged.  There are many of us who appreciate what you have done and are doing. Thank you. 

Thank you for support both here and on twitter. Nice footnote! Cool

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:19:32 AM

Nice work man.

Thank you. You're still coming on the next site visit!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: