Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:06:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

Miners selling low from the outset is nothing more than an opportunity for buyers, and the fairest/most natural form of distribution we could get IMO. Buyers bear in mind: how valuable Carboncoin gets is a direct function of how much of the currency we allocate to our benevolent operations. The sensible strategy is to buy, hold half, give half to the offset fund.

I will say again, if anyone wants to buy an amount greater than 1BTC worth, provided you donate, I am happy to assist you. Whether that be telling you how to do it or fulfilling your order myself. We are currently sitting at just over 60M in the donations wallet. I will not be seeking attention from the media until this is over 160M or 1% of our total coins. I would like it to be significantly more than that in percentage terms.

Pool ops: I am drafting an email to send to the mining community requesting support through donation or otherwise, and would be grateful if you could forward this on. I will be contacting you directly in due course with this.

Remember, the more of this coin in percentage terms that is donated to benevolent operations the more valuable the remainder will become. It's a great trade. I think 10% of holdings is a sensible donation to anyone with a lot of them. All donors will be added to the leaderboard, and the funds will not be moved until it is appropriate to do so, when they will be released back to the market responsibly, in tranches of no more than 1M.

In other news - is anyone out there of a graphic design ilk? We are having a competition to design a new logo. Please see the new forum to enter that and for other jobs we have on. http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0. We will be putting the rebrand to a vote once we have at least two more suggestions.

I'm not arguing against miners selling the coin. I'm pointing out that there are way too many coins sitting on exchanges and no movement, and this needs to be remedied or all the PR work and press coverage in the world won't make any difference.
jungle_dave

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:50:42 PM

Im ignoring the trolls,
That said, this is a coin that can make a difference and has potential for real world applications such as carbon credit trading. It would take allot more then just planting  in the UK to make that happen but I could see this developing.

If there could be a calculation of coins to planted trees you could then have a commodity that would be easy to trade to industries so I do think there is huge potential past offsetting mining activities.

As an example,

I work in sustainable hardwood forestry and reforestation in the Amazon.
As a sapling provider I can guarantee a 15 year carbon sink for every site we plant.
The reason I can do this is because it is commercially lucrative for the farmer.

One thing I have learned over the years is its always about the money, always.
If it makes economic sense then being green is a big bonus.

At the moment its still too complicated for most companies to purchase verified carbon credits. On the other hand its impossible for local people in my region to benefit financially from providing ecological services due to corrupt government and unfair economic policies not to mention the total absence of any NGO's that take your millions every year to cry on TV.

Im just one such provider and there are many more start ups world wide.

It would be great to see a crypto currency cut out the NGO's and corrupt politicos from being the middle man and get the money where it is needed.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:53:08 PM

Can we get a link to something like an idiot's guide to carbon credits and carbon offsetting?
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:39:57 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 03:54:39 PM by axismundi

Thank you for the constructive comments. I can totally see the potential for trading carboncredits using this technology, not only that I have thought long and hard about how to do it. The key thing here is that I believe the Carboncoin needs to be a currency to allow the environment to take advantage of the astonishing capital growth that can be provided. I am not looking for a platform for a 1 to 1 exchange for fiat money to trees here, I am looking to create a reservoir of Carboncoin which will be able to provide many times the offset donated in Carboncoin, this is how I feel we can have the impact I am looking for. This is why it is so essential for people holding a significant amount of them to put some in the donations wallet.

Trees planted for permanent forestry on trusted land both in the US and the UK will be cared for and left for as long as they live - this sequesters a lot more Carbon Dioxide than a 15 year operation. Once the quota of over a million trees have been planted in this first stage of the project we will certainly be looking for other opportunities and I will definitely consider your operation if I feel it is fully quantifiable and a suitable arrangement can be made as to reinvestment of some portion of the profit to other offsetting operations, or if we can multiply our firepower by combining with any exisiting subsidy operations, as we will look to do with the first sites. We would also need to complete a risk assessment of the political landscape among other things, before taking on any new project in the developing world.

Directly funding offsetting projects, completely bypassing NGO's etc, is certainly my aim. If we plant as much permanent forestry as I want to long term as well as creating permanently self sustaining carbon sink ecosystems, we will be able to make a real difference here.

Our costs for equivalent Carbon Credit offset will always be a fraction of that of going through the mainstream, and we will be able to provide an indication of the weight in Carbon that is to be absorbed by the individual donations we receive. I will publish a separate figure of the total we actually manage to offset through the currency [100% of the proceeds from the donations wallet will be spent on direct offset] and by keeping this a currency not attached to anything, this should absolutely dwarf any actual investment made, provided we do what is necessary to stimulate usuage of Carboncoin as a medium of exchange.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:58:47 PM

Miners selling low from the outset is nothing more than an opportunity for buyers, and the fairest/most natural form of distribution we could get IMO. Buyers bear in mind: how valuable Carboncoin gets is a direct function of how much of the currency we allocate to our benevolent operations. The sensible strategy is to buy, hold half, give half to the offset fund.

I will say again, if anyone wants to buy an amount greater than 1BTC worth, provided you donate, I am happy to assist you. Whether that be telling you how to do it or fulfilling your order myself. We are currently sitting at just over 60M in the donations wallet. I will not be seeking attention from the media until this is over 160M or 1% of our total coins. I would like it to be significantly more than that in percentage terms.

Pool ops: I am drafting an email to send to the mining community requesting support through donation or otherwise, and would be grateful if you could forward this on. I will be contacting you directly in due course with this.

Remember, the more of this coin in percentage terms that is donated to benevolent operations the more valuable the remainder will become. It's a great trade. I think 10% of holdings is a sensible donation to anyone with a lot of them. All donors will be added to the leaderboard, and the funds will not be moved until it is appropriate to do so, when they will be released back to the market responsibly, in tranches of no more than 1M.

In other news - is anyone out there of a graphic design ilk? We are having a competition to design a new logo. Please see the new forum to enter that and for other jobs we have on. http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0. We will be putting the rebrand to a vote once we have at least two more suggestions.

I'm not arguing against miners selling the coin. I'm pointing out that there are way too many coins sitting on exchanges and no movement, and this needs to be remedied or all the PR work and press coverage in the world won't make any difference.

Actually there is only less than 390,000,000 CARB sitting for sale on Cryptorush and an insignificant amount on coined up!!! What we need is to get the message out and to get on more exchanges!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:43:19 PM

Have always maintained that the Carbon Footprint of crypto is just the starting block. I have yet to discuss my PoS model on here yet as am seeking help with development, but this needs to get its value first which means getting it out there one way or another and having to deal with a bit of mining. This coin is designed as a rapid value generation tool, and that is what I am endeavouring to use it as for the benefit of the environment. When mining becomes a problem and we fork to PoS it will still be a currency, the same as bitcoin and litecoin, but one having had a genuine bonafide positive effect on the environment. Once a million trees have been planted the Carboncoin carbon dioxide sequestered will be ~1Gtonne. Another 600k trees and we have 1.6GTonnes == 10 CARB per kilo of CO2, x10 == 1 CARB per kilo of CO2, point is if we do it this way it is unlimited what we can achieve.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

I traded up 100 Doge for Carb yesterday on coined up. I only utilized that small amount of Doge because it was my first time trading on an exchange and I didn't really know what I was doing. But hey, I kinda sorta have it figured out now, and the transactions were pretty much instantaneous, so that's good. I might trade up a few more of my Doges today just to get some more market activity, however insignificant it may be. I don't exactly have a lot of Doge, or Carb for that matter (less than 200K), but I'm trying!

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:55:23 PM

So, got in touch with Danny Bradbury the journalist who is doing the series on the carbon footprint of bitcoin via twitter - had a skype interview and our efforts got mentioned in today's article! Pretty amazing to be mentioned in such an awesome publication in the space!

Would be good for people to find out that per kilo of absorbed CO2 we are much cheaper in fiat terms than anyone else offering anything similar, in terms of tree longevity in a protected environment.

When we get sufficient Carboncoin donations in the donations wallet in percentage terms, I will dispense with my anonymity and go to the press with this personally. The opportunity in supporting the takeup and use of Carboncoin as a currency is that we are able to offset the carbon footprint of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using the same mechanism which created the value in them in the first place.

If everyone bought some Carboncoin and donated half to the Carboncoin donation wallet we would be able to pay for the offset of the carbon footprint of cryptocurrencies, at the same time as allowing everyone to make money in the process - provided people also got on board with assisting the infrastructure too.

This is not a tax, this is exactly the opposite!

Can I also just say that anyone taking any power from the grid is using power, where anyone says that comes from is not relevent in terms of cost to the environment.
You use 1kWh of electricity from the grid, paying a renewable energy supplier, you stop anyone else using electricity from the grid using that kWh of renewable energy and cause them to use one from a coal burner.

Creating environmentally friendly energy sources brings the total damage caused by everyone using electricity down in percentage terms alone. Using electricity is using electricity. Wasting it is wasting it. If you use electricity from the grid, you use electricity period. If you insulate yourself from the grid, using just your own renewable energy source, then you aren't really being part of the solution are you? Society must take responsibility for the impact of all its members.

AM

Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/greener-bitcoin-reduce-carbon-emissions/

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:31:47 AM

wow 4 posts in succession from sputdick, hes frothing at the mouth, seems like he knows hes getting beaten and is ramping up hes laughable trolling efforts!! So funny!

address what i said rather than insulting me personally maybe ? because all you did was make yourself look bad not me.. congrats lol

and no i have never ever posted 4 times in succession so your lying outright ! unlike many of the kids here i care about the size of the forums DB.
if we spam the site to much they will have to make changes such as i believe they had to remove the giveaways because people abused it and
it ended up bloating the forum with excessive amounts of forum posts.. the same with useless comments like posting "reserved"
you see i act like an adult surrounded by selfish mouthy stupid greedy name calling brats.

PS: This coin is pure bs !
I don't see how anyone could come up with the idea and actually think that they would *honestly be able to plant tree's to match the clone coin mining.
It's simply not possible.. as more users potentially got on board the more trees that would need to be planted..
which is obviously a problem with anyone with have a brain.. demand would outpace capacity on the so called secret location by a UK friend lol
And i think the dev masked cloner knew this all along but decided to make a scrypt clone and try and sucker people in anyway..
If you people are that gullible or corrupt that you want to support this Scrypt clone coin then go ahead.

FUD first & ask questions later™
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

**Sighs.

Nice one zebedee, great nickname for him, hope that catches on.

Ignore Spoetnik using the button on the left, it makes your life better.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:27:25 AM

We have enough saplings planted currently to cope with 60x our current carbon footprint. We will be forking to PoS once we have got sufficient takeup from the mining community, or as and when our footprint is near to exceeding that which we have offset already.

Please donate to help the cause. It will be a great thing if it works.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:37:32 AM

wow 4 posts in succession from sputdick, hes frothing at the mouth, seems like he knows hes getting beaten and is ramping up hes laughable trolling efforts!! So funny!

address what i said rather than insulting me personally maybe ? because all you did was make yourself look bad not me.. congrats lol

and no i have never ever posted 4 times in succession so your lying outright ! unlike many of the kids here i care about the size of the forums DB.
if we spam the site to much they will have to make changes such as i believe they had to remove the giveaways because people abused it and
it ended up bloating the forum with excessive amounts of forum posts.. the same with useless comments like posting "reserved"
you see i act like an adult surrounded by selfish mouthy stupid greedy name calling brats.

PS: This coin is pure bs !
I don't see how anyone could come up with the idea and actually think that they would *honestly be able to plant tree's to match the clone coin mining.
It's simply not possible.. as more users potentially got on board the more trees that would need to be planted..
which is obviously a problem with anyone with have a brain.. demand would outpace capacity on the so called secret location by a UK friend lol
And i think the dev masked cloner knew this all along but decided to make a scrypt clone and try and sucker people in anyway..
If you people are that gullible or corrupt that you want to support this Scrypt clone coin then go ahead.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the most ignored person in this section of the forums!

Honestly as long as the coin isn't some crap that's just pre-mined entirely so the devs can make a quick buck, I see no problem with it.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:58:17 PM

I used to somewhat enjoy reading his diatribes. But they are all pretty much the same now. Insult, talk about how knowledgeable he is, insult some more, call every coin that he doesn't invest in a scam, insult some more... wash, rinse, repeat. Booooorrrriiiiiinnngggg!!

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:01:34 PM

We have enough saplings planted currently to cope with 60x our current carbon footprint. We will be forking to PoS once we have got sufficient takeup from the mining community, or as and when our footprint is near to exceeding that which we have offset already.

Please donate to help the cause. It will be a great thing if it works.

Great news AM! I'm going to do some more mining when I get home from work, and I am very much on the verge of dumping the rest of my Doge for Carb. Forking to POS is a great idea as it will help cut down on power consumption as well.

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:11:01 PM

I see there were a few climate change deniers responding to the coindesk article. I didn't expect that we would come up against this level of ignorance. I thought the crypto community would be more enlightened.  Will we will be debating evolution next?
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:30:00 PM

Always think of this when i see Global Warming deniers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrahQpIWD08
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:38:56 PM

i brought up a real issue that every one of you ignored out right.
you all then decided to attack me.. again

can you guys not read or what ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:18:18 PM

spiddick dont you get it??? No one is interested in your crap. However humurous it may at times be it is boring and no one thinks your clever! Havent you got something better to do! There are so many real scam coins out there, go and waste someone elses time!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:37:18 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 07:09:57 PM by Zebedee23

Spoetdick You call me a liar,in bold, for saying you posted 4 posts in succession. Well i would say that 4 posts in 12 mins is in succession!!In succession means one after another and thats exactly what you did, just because someone managed to get a word in edgeways dosnt change that!  Why should and why would anyone take you seriously when you spout such hateful and factually inaccurate crap!!!? You obviously can’t handle it that no one is listening to you or takes you seriously!! You seem to think just cause youv been here since mid 2014 we should all listen to you and that whatever you say is correct! And now because Coindesk are interested in what Carboncoin is doing they must be part of the conspiracy and/or friends of the Canadian dev, who isn’t even from Canada as has been stated many times but you obviously don’t choose to listen or research, your way or the highway eh!!??  Your on a fukin ego trip and your making a complete fool of yourself and not just here!!! I would fuck off with what little dignity you may still have!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: