Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:50:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:09:00 PM

I like pecan pie.

Those pecans come from trees!

I'm with DemetriusAstroBlack... Green bushy oxygen giving bastards. Come over 'ere, stealing our carbon dioxide, touching our soil inappropriately, hangings too good for em i say... don't like the way they shake their leaves at me.

LOL Smiley

I like trees.

DemetriusAstroBlack, Happy to hear that!

I understand your suspicion and you are right to doubt first and believe later, there are too many scam coins out there that are a detriment to our crypto community.  I feel very differently about Carboncoin because...

I've had numerous conversations with Axismundi and in my opinion he is someone who really "gets it" understands what is necessary do develop the project and most importantly, has the skills to make this coin a success.

Carboncoin is something that started small and has the potential to grow big with a good community and clear concept. I don't expect it to be the next get rich quick coin but its something I can really stand behind as a sustainable forestry "Don" in the Amazon.

I hope that everyone can donate a bit back to the fund ( I do) and help spread the word so that the carboncoin community can grow.
Here is the donation address to make it easier Smiley

LFsTe6yRk1TXuGGW6kKwG8L3N4pkx5b6Do

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:57:26 PM

Yes, I have seen few coins claiming to have vaguely environmental credentials, without actually doing anything.   Whereas Carboncoin is already well on its way to being carbon positive and as it moves forward will be an example of how crypto-currencies can have a real world value, both from a monetary and environmental perspective.   In other words, it will have a real purpose.   
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:51:33 AM

CARB coin is for environmental suckers. Grin

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:11:05 PM

CARB coin is for environmental suckers. Grin
there r a hell of alot of enviromentalists out there these days!!! Even guides govt policy!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:01:29 PM

mine a scrypt clone and the dev says trust me i have a buddy who will plant trees .. honest.

you guys buying into this crap ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Stick with it guys there's some good news coming tomorrow, have a new win wallet compiled which contains some big security improvements including the heartbleed fix.

The rest of the coin features will be brought inline with current Bitcoin in the next few weeks, with some additional custom improvement to make us as secure as some of the most valuable top 10 coins on coinmarketcap. The mac wallet will be released with the winning design from the coin competition again some 2 weeks away. We will be running a large twitter campaign all week to get votes for the winning designer.

I have added a link to the initial sites for the tree planting to the front page of this thread. I updated the text a few days ago.

Pool ops/large miners please contact me at your earliest convenience as you need to update your clients promptly.

AM

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:46:20 AM

Did I miss the results of the new logo contest? Which logo was selected?
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:39:39 AM

heartbleed fix? lol that is old news and proof that this is a crappy slowly developed coin.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:20:56 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 12:37:55 PM by kultus

I personally know one of the Devs of this coin, he is a stand up guy with many years experience in the debunking of alternative energy claims, you have no reason to doubt his claim to what this coin is being used for. feel free to look into what I do and get a keen idea what my friends and I do, we are all alternative / free energy developers, we are not one of those groups on youtube who claim to have found it for hits so we can make money from google, we all do this purely and simply for the betterment of humanity and do so from our very own pockets. the same as everyone else, dev's need to make money, but is the coin based on a benevolent deed ? YES it is .. will they come through with the goods, YES they will. Do your homework and ask questions before you make claims of fraud, pump and dump, or any other crap, because I can speak from experience of working with him for a few years now, he is a very motivated person with a lot of connections so if anyone could pull this off it would be him.

Do your own research and don't be a sheep and follow the rest ...

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Demous

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

CarbonCoin has been added to Crypto Wallet Notifier (Its a service that notifies you when there is an update for the coin wallet).

http://cryptowalletnotifier.com/
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:20:33 AM

Nice, this should probably go on the front page.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:58:26 AM

CarbonCoin has been added to Crypto Wallet Notifier (Its a service that notifies you when there is an update for the coin wallet).

That's great news, thank you! We have one ready to go, just trying to get the main pools switched first. Hashrapid admin is MIA as usual, so if you are a miner reading this please switch back to the basshash pool for at least the next 24 hours. Will be releasing the new wallet as soon as majority of hashpower is on the new client. Will be V. 0.7

Demous

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

That's great news, thank you! We have one ready to go, just trying to get the main pools switched first. Hashrapid admin is MIA as usual, so if you are a miner reading this please switch back to the basshash pool for at least the next 24 hours. Will be releasing the new wallet as soon as majority of hashpower is on the new client. Will be V. 0.7

BTW we need to start a poll here for the logo designs because it seems like no one is willing to make an account over at coinstack to vote for a logo (I am one of them).
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:27:56 PM

if a new account on a new forum is being made for voting why do we not have a forum set up on the carboncoin site, and just bring everyone to the same table there.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:21:08 PM

I suggested that they just do the voting on here a while back. I am sorry but I am not going to make an account on every single coin's forum (at least the ones I am holding/mining/involved in) and have like 20 damn accounts. It doesn't make sense for me. It should be done here because let's face it, here is where the traffic is. Every coin doesn't need it's own forum.

I also asked about the voting more recently I thought it was supposed to be over by now but no one seems to be saying that they picked a new logo so I am guessing it isn't yet.
farvali

Activity: 233

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:39:53 PM

Heya! Good to see CARB is way up  Smiley
I'm in since the very beginning. Is the wallet 0.6.3.0 the most recent one right now?

FOX: x3PXgfQ9S5oJ85Q5xujWCq6VnAhTQ8Jptg
http://vk.com/foxcoinrus
Demous

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

Heya! Good to see CARB is way up  Smiley
I'm in since the very beginning. Is the wallet 0.6.3.0 the most recent one right now?

For now it is. axismundi said he has a new wallet that is going to be released soon, but waiting for pools to update their wallets first.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:11:48 AM

BTW we need to start a poll here for the logo designs because it seems like no one is willing to make an account over at coinstack to vote for a logo (I am one of them).

Yeah ok I understand. I took a fair amount of time to set it up with the different pages etc but not to worry we can do it here.

I think for the time being it would be good for people who care about the branding to go onto the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572288.60 and say a few words both good and bad about a few different designs, over and above simply stating a preference. All feedback will be taken into account. Additionally you can state the number of the designer you prefer there too. Making real comments will give you more influence on the final design than those who are only able to vote.

Twitter voting is to take place this week, and should also be good publicity. Followers will be directed to the other forum and given the opportunity to retweet a post with the number from that thread of their favourite designer which will constitute their vote. The winning designer shall then work with two professional graphic designers I know on the finished item which will be launched with mac wallet (finally) inside the next 2 weeks. We will try to incorporate as much of the design feedback from the thread into the finished item as is tasteful.

I am going to give all of the people who submitted designs some amount of CARB proportionate to their efforts regardless of whether they win or not.

For my 10 cents I totally agree that the hexagonal design from mymenace is very good in the crypto space but I want to see is a final design that doesn't just work here, but also works in the real world, because that is where we are going with this. I imagine trying to get someone who doesn't know about crypto already to invest in Carboncoin and them being utterly scared off by that design.

We're not making a darkcoin, or a blackcoin here we're making a coin which is good for the environment which people should buy because of what it could become. I would like this coin to grow steadily into a secure medium for value exchange, generating a lot of wealth for the environment and those people who buy in early and hold. I dont want to see any pump and dumps, and I am not interested in leaving any bagholders, so please keep this in mind when it comes to the message the branding should try to convey.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:16:09 AM

Heya! Good to see CARB is way up  Smiley

New wallet to be released tomorrow with heartbleed fixed. Still no word from hashrapid pool admin so anyone mining please point your miners to the Basshash pool for the next 24 hours at least. We have 2 other pools ready to make the update also, so we will have a balanced network in the end whether hashrapid is with us or not.

Demous

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:43:59 AM

Yeah ok I understand. I took a fair amount of time to set it up with the different pages etc but not to worry we can do it here.

I think for the time being it would be good for people who care about the branding to go onto the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572288.60 and say a few words both good and bad about a few different designs, over and above simply stating a preference. All feedback will be taken into account. Additionally you can state the number of the designer you prefer there too. Making real comments will give you more influence on the final design than those who are only able to vote.

Twitter voting is to take place this week, and should also be good publicity. Followers will be directed to the other forum and given the opportunity to retweet a post with the number from that thread of their favourite designer which will constitute their vote. The winning designer shall then work with two professional graphic designers I know on the finished item which will be launched with mac wallet (finally) inside the next 2 weeks. We will try to incorporate as much of the design feedback from the thread into the finished item as is tasteful.

I am going to give all of the people who submitted designs some amount of CARB proportionate to their efforts regardless of whether they win or not.

For my 10 cents I totally agree that the hexagonal design from mymenace is very good in the crypto space but I want to see is a final design that doesn't just work here, but also works in the real world, because that is where we are going with this. I imagine trying to get someone who doesn't know about crypto already to invest in Carboncoin and them being utterly scared off by that design.

We're not making a darkcoin, or a blackcoin here we're making a coin which is good for the environment which people should buy because of what it could become. I would like this coin to grow steadily into a secure medium for value exchange, generating a lot of wealth for the environment and those people who buy in early and hold. I dont want to see any pump and dumps, and I am not interested in leaving any bagholders, so please keep this in mind when it comes to the message the branding should try to convey.

I totally agree with what you're saying and feedback is always a good thing when you are trying to make something that people want to see, but most of the people over here are lazy and won't take the time to check all the designs and give you their feedback on the positives and negatives, so what I suggest is give everyone the option to just vote in a poll with just a couple of clicks so it would be easy for anyone to just vote (even the people who don't use or care about carboncoin) and also ask people for feedback on the designs and when they give you their feedback and their preferences on which logo is the best just add their votes to the poll with the others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: