Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 23 Skidoo CHAO Information  (Read 39808 times)
jubeis_coffee

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:00:04 PM

Infernoman,

Awesome job, but found some discrepancies I can't fix when trying to compile on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS (CLI only)
I was able to compile successfully on Lubuntu 17.04 Desktop (GUI)

The error I got when trying to compile (make -f Makefile) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (CLI only) was with this file:  rpcrawtransaction.cpp

could not find libboost_system libboost1.62-system not found ... (obviously)

I tried to typical fix which would be for line 291 in rpcrawtransaction.cpp
original line:
const CScriptID& hash = boost::get<const CScriptID&>(address);

new altered line:
const CScriptID& hash = boost::get<CScriptID&>(address);

I still couldn't get it to compile due to obvious differences between boost 1.58 (Ubuntu 16.04 CLI only LTS) and boost 1.62 (Lubuntu 17.04 GUI Desktop)

From my experience, a coin node that can be compiled on the LTS Server editions is more reliable over the long term, especially for exchange node managers and pool node managers. Setting up a version to compile on the 6 month releases of any Linux distro isn't very reliable over the long term when you have node managers running for 16.04 LTS till the next LTS version comes out to avoid upgrades/compiler errors and the dreaded downtime which can hinder exchanges at levels that produce doubt and only encourage fnords amongst noobs, shillers and trolls in the crypto community.

Could you please take a look at your code on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I tried compiling with gcc-5 and gcc-multilib and got the same error both times.

Updating boost is not an option for me due to issues with other programs that would obviously cause the dreaded downtime, compiler and other dependency updating issues.

Just my 2 cents. If you have reasons for not being to compile from boost 1.58 forwards, I'm all ears. Keep in mind though. I'm not a code wizard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:16:58 AM

i've just seen chao on cryptopia. it's 31.000 btc per coin?? is that right??

can it be mined?
jubeis_coffee

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:37:52 PM

Hey infernoman,

I figured it out, and I'm not a code wizard. (Maybe there is hope for me yet :-p)

Here is how you compile on Ubuntu 16.04 server without disturbing the repo boost version of 1.58, but instead of 1.62, I used 1.61

///////////////////////

Option 1: (with bdb 4.8 )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libevent-dev build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils python-dev libxml2-dev libxslt-dev libbz2-dev
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

git clone https://github.com/Infernoman/skidoo
cd skidoo/
sudo mkdir /boost166 && sudo chmod -R a+rwx /boost166 && wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.61.0/boost_1_61_0.tar.bz2 && tar -xvf boost_1_61_0.tar.bz2 && cd boost_1_61_0/ && ./bootstrap.sh && ./b2 --prefix=/boost166 cxxflags=-fPIC cflags=-fPIC link=static install
cd ..
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-boost=/boost166/   LDFLAGS="-L/boost166/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I/boost166/include"
make V=1 -j4

////////////////////////

Option 2: (with repo bdb 5.3)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libevent-dev build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils python-dev libxml2-dev libxslt-dev libbz2-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb5.3-dev libdb5.3++-dev

cd skidoo/
sudo mkdir /boost166 && sudo chmod -R a+rwx /boost166 && wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.61.0/boost_1_61_0.tar.bz2 && tar -xvf boost_1_61_0.tar.bz2 && cd boost_1_61_0/ && ./bootstrap.sh && ./b2 --prefix=/boost166 cxxflags=-fPIC cflags=-fPIC link=static install
cd ..
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-boost=/boost166/   LDFLAGS="-L/boost166/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I/boost166/include" --with-incompatible-bdb
make V=1 -j4

///////////////////////////

Note:  If neither of these work for you, then there is some way to add this command in the mix before the:  sudo mkdir .... line of build, but after you change directories to ~/skidoo/
git checkout old_autotools

I couldn't get the checkout old_autotools to work, so I just skipped it.

//////////////////////////

Also....

Inside your:  ~/.skidoo     (folder in /home/<username?>/ directory)

... you have to change the rpcallow in your skidoo.conf from wild cards to full blown CIDR netmask references such as:
172.16.142.0/24
127.0.0.1/32

Then.... In order to enable auxpow you have to reindex your entire database.

./skidood -reindex

/////////////////////////

Hope this helps any LTS managers that don't like changing versions every 6 months. I'm so glad Ubuntu does this though.

At the time of this post I've been running the cli in my ~/.skidoo directory:  tail debug.com

You can't /dev/null your debug file with a symbolic link (soft link) to save space and/or writes on your SSD if you are using that so be sure you rm that file if you've done that.

Also....
If you are new to linux be sure you review bitcoin's dependency list so you can:  sudo apt-get install       ... any other needed dependencies.

And again.... Thank you Infernoman for making this happen with auxpow.

In the words of Homer Simpson... Woo Hoo!!!!!

If this crashes and burns before the database reindexes with auxpow, I'll update my post.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:40:03 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 07:19:07 AM by infernoman

Hey infernoman,

I figured it out, and I'm not a code wizard. (Maybe there is hope for me yet :-p)

Here is how you compile on Ubuntu 16.04 server without disturbing the repo boost version of 1.58, but instead of 1.62, I used 1.61

///////////////////////

Option 1: (with bdb 4.8 )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

cd skidoo/
cd ..
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-boost=/boost166/   LDFLAGS="-L/boost166/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I/boost166/include"
make V=1 -j4

////////////////////////

Option 2: (with repo bdb 5.3)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb5.3-dev libdb5.3++-dev

cd skidoo/
cd ..
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-boost=/boost166/   LDFLAGS="-L/boost166/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I/boost166/include" --with-incompatible-bdb
make V=1 -j4

///////////////////////////

Note:  If neither of these work for you, then there is some way to add this command in the mix before the:  sudo mkdir .... line of build, but after you change directories to ~/skidoo/
git checkout old_autotools

I couldn't get the checkout old_autotools to work, so I just skipped it.

Also....

Inside your:  ~/.skidoo     (folder in /home/<username?>/ directory)

... you have to change the rpcallow in your skidoo.conf from wild cards to full blown CIDR netmask references such as:
172.16.142.0/24
127.0.0.1/32

Then.... In order to enable auxpow you have to reindex your entire database.

./skidood -reindex

Hope this helps any LTS managers that don't like changing versions every 6 months. I'm so glad Ubuntu does this though.

At the time of this post I've been running the cli in my ~/.skidoo directory:  tail debug.com

You can't /dev/null your debug file with a symbolic link (soft link) to save space and/or writes on your SSD if you are using that so be sure you rm that file if you've done that.

Also....
If you are new to linux be sure you review bitcoin's dependency list so you can:  sudo apt-get install       ... any other needed dependencies.

And again.... Thank you Infernoman for making this happen with auxpow.

In the words of Homer Simpson... Woo Hoo!!!!!

If this crashes and burns before the database reindexes with auxpow, I'll update my post.

this should help too Wink
https://github.com/infernoman/skidoo/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

To clone and build
git clone https://github.com/infernoman/skidoo && cd skidoo
./autogen.sh && ./configure --disable-tests && make -j4
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:48:31 AM

Auxpow will start at block 825,000 Smiley please make sure your client is updated before then.
timmyzhl

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:50:51 AM

Will the old coins revive? I didn't see the official update. Why was it turned out?
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:55:26 AM

Will the old coins revive? I didn't see the official update. Why was it turned out?

Yes the chain will continue. All old coins will still be valid.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:12:06 AM

Working windows wallet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tykvbaja0l5axa/CHAO.zip?dl=0
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:21:57 AM

Argh!!  Shocked  So much going on with one of my favorite coins...

I thought Infernoman wanted to make the fork so that it can be merge-mined in his pool along with other SHA256 coins (I ignored this, as I have no ASIC [yet?]).

I guess I have to figure out how these changes affect the client I have.  So... noob questions:

1)  if I'm running version 10.1.1 (and I have some coins in my wallet)... what are the steps I would need to do to?
2) [and perhaps as importantly WHY?]  -- Note that there seem to be six Skidoo sub-versions seen (how's that for alliteration?) in the last 24 hours of the network according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!network .
3) finally, any help compiling a QT wallet on Ubuntu would be appreciated (as I've only ever been able to get BTC and Dash functioning in a GUI-wallet, sadly (and there's a number of coins I'm much more favorably-disposed to than those).  Not really a question... the question is how would one go about doing this? (I've downloaded QT Creator 5 previously in various flailing attempts at GUI wallets, attempted various compiling/building adjustments, and altered files to successfully compile headless wallets (but, alas, have produced few GUI wallets).

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:39:52 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 06:58:07 AM by startsts

I could add this coin to my pool/market https://cryptohub.online/  if community really needs.

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:22:46 AM

Argh!!  Shocked  So much going on with one of my favorite coins...

I thought Infernoman wanted to make the fork so that it can be merge-mined in his pool along with other SHA256 coins (I ignored this, as I have no ASIC [yet?]).

I guess I have to figure out how these changes affect the client I have.  So... noob questions:

1)  if I'm running version 10.1.1 (and I have some coins in my wallet)... what are the steps I would need to do to?
2) [and perhaps as importantly WHY?]  -- Note that there seem to be six Skidoo sub-versions seen (how's that for alliteration?) in the last 24 hours of the network according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!network .
3) finally, any help compiling a QT wallet on Ubuntu would be appreciated (as I've only ever been able to get BTC and Dash functioning in a GUI-wallet, sadly (and there's a number of coins I'm much more favorably-disposed to than those).  Not really a question... the question is how would one go about doing this? (I've downloaded QT Creator 5 previously in various flailing attempts at GUI wallets, attempted various compiling/building adjustments, and altered files to successfully compile headless wallets (but, alas, have produced few GUI wallets).

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

The fork wasnt created by me, but the developer "thegreatoldone". I'm just helping enforce it. All i did was change the ChainID to avoid conflicting with UNO. Chainz has just updated their wallet. Cryptopia will most likely keep CHAO. but you guys need to make support requests supporting the fork because cryptopia seems to think i have bad intentions. if you have coins in your wallet and dont plan on mining, you dont have to do a thing. your wallet will stay connected to the network and any transactions sent or received will still be valid.
startsts

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:59:18 AM

Seems not working.  One hour of waiting and still not sync

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "version" : 110000,
    "protocolversion" : 70003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 5098,
    "timeoffset" : -7,
    "connections" : 7,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 370.45045045,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1504688440,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

And when I use the command "/skidoo-cli getinfo" it delays the answer for 10-30 seconds , is ok?

jubeis_coffee

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:59:36 PM

Infernoman,

I see where you updated the auxpow number from 600000 to 825000 from .10.1.1 release to .11 release a day ago on the github
https://github.com/Infernoman/skidoo
I'll update my node and reindex with the new figure.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------

Also....

Hey startsts,

Adding to your exchange would be awesome and much appreciated by the entire community, even the silent ones, but then again, maybe they hold well to the mythology?
It would be nice to see more exchanges picking up this whale of a coin.

Thanks.
CryptoGreenT

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:30:46 PM

I like coins started by Blazr2.

Can you be so kind to tell me which other coins have been started by Blazr2... this coin is so strage and so fun! LOL

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:37:20 PM

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

Why is Cryptopia dropping Chao?

As long as the coin is not hacked or hijacked exchanges should not be a problem soon.

startsts

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:07:42 PM

After ~5 hours of waiting

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 7898,
    "timeoffset" : -18,
    "connections" : 9,
    "difficulty" : 69.19732235,
}

It seems I will need 2 weeks to sync the wallet.... And 1 of CPU threads is fully load,   WTF it enables mining (generate) by default?

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:40:00 PM

Infernoman,

I see where you updated the auxpow number from 600000 to 825000 from .10.1.1 release to .11 release a day ago on the github
https://github.com/Infernoman/skidoo
I'll update my node and reindex with the new figure.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------

Also....

Hey startsts,

Adding to your exchange would be awesome and much appreciated by the entire community, even the silent ones, but then again, maybe they hold well to the mythology?
It would be nice to see more exchanges picking up this whale of a coin.

Thanks.

Great to hear Smiley I found your work and was just very surprised that it wasn't enforced, my apologies for running in like I did. One more change I was trying to enforce was changing the AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID so that CHAO wouldn't conflict with another coin at all. Currently coins with the same AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID are unable to be mined together. For AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID 117 there are quite a few of them conflicting.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:47:17 PM

After ~5 hours of waiting

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 7898,
    "timeoffset" : -18,
    "connections" : 9,
    "difficulty" : 69.19732235,
}

It seems I will need 2 weeks to sync the wallet.... And 1 of CPU threads is fully load,   WTF it enables mining (generate) by default?

There are a lot of people resyncing on the network right now. so currently it is going to be slower than normal.
Also the block explorer started updating their client about 9 hours ago. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:51:40 PM

As long as the coin is not hacked or hijacked exchanges should not be a problem soon.

Because for some reason they seem to think im a bad actor on the network. http://prntscr.com/ghwm8x
startsts

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

Because for some reason they seem to think im a bad actor on the network. http://prntscr.com/ghwm8x

I'm sorry but 51% attack could be easily with 2 th/s  net hashrate   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
And It even has no PoS.
If I add this coin to my marketplace I will require 300 confirmations at deposits to prevent losses

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: