Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 23 Skidoo CHAO Information  (Read 39808 times)
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:49:54 PM

I worked with this pool. the whole point is that the payments to your wallet are made every 6 hours for all balances above 0.01, or 0.001 on Sunday.
I have so far reached 0.00007363 CHAO, so I have not received payment for the purse yet and the balance is all on the pool.

Please let me know if that works eventually...

I mined other SHA256 coins at first and had the payout set to output CHAO and the unpaid 23-Skidoo amount seemed to be building.  Only later I discovered where the Skidoo were hiding in Infernopool's interface and began mining it directly thereafter.  Perhaps that's a factor (there were no CHAO generated and held by the pool to be disbursed from the initial pooled mining and I was just wasting time only for the benefit of those other coins[?] and there may yet be CHAO reserved and eventually forthcoming from the more direct mining??).  I think it's important, more broadly -- and beyond my feeling possibly ripped-off --  to have some hashing maintained on the coin somewhere, as the Cryptopia story was supposedly that the coin was 51% attacked because there isn't sufficient hashing on the coin's network (yet??).

My "Total Unpaid" on the site is listed as more than 0.001 CHAO (0.00134128 CHAO --  and I'm pretty sure I exceeded that threshold on both a CHAO- and a BTC-basis last Sunday too); hence my concern.  Hopefully, this concern is misplaced and the 23-Skidoo will flow again.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 12:10:52 AM

CHAO explorer

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:35:26 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 08:03:08 AM by romeshomey

Are we still on sschedule to be relisted at Cryptopia after block 825000?

I sure am missing my CHAO that vanished which accounts for 1/3rd of the missing user balances. Sad
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:08:23 AM

I sure am missing my CHAO that vanished which accounts for 1/3rd of the missing user balances. Sad

I had a fairly hefty balance myself. What led you to the determination that you have (or had) 1/3 of missing user balances?

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:09:55 AM

Does anyone know of any exchanges that have CHAO currently listed? Prices are INSANE and I would like to know where the data showing a high of $208,759 USD came from (according to Coin Market Cap on 2017 SEP 02) HERE!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/23-skidoo/

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:20:07 AM

Does anyone know of any exchanges that have CHAO currently listed? Prices are INSANE and I would like to know where the data showing a high of $208,759 USD came from (according to Coin Market Cap on 2017 SEP 02) HERE!

Only my CryptoHub,  but has no trades https://cryptohub.online/market/CHAO/

heratys111

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:50:29 AM

As noted in the previous post, the coin is only trading at Cryptohub at the moment.

That coinmarketcap price reflects the trading at Cryptopia before things went sideways with 23-Skidoo/CHAO at that exchange.  The Cryptopia trading price varied between 25 and 50 BTC for 1 CHAO (still not existent) during the last few months that it was trading there.  The 30 or so BTC/CHAO price when trading was interrupted was actually at the lower end of the trading range (it had a floor/support at 40 BTC for awhile).

As can be seen from the block explorer (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/), there have only been 0.283 CHAO mined since its inception in February 2014. If someday it gets there, there should/will only ever be a maximum of 23 total coins.  The price is perhaps not particularly insane if you consider that it is the same hashing algorithm as BTC, yet the block reward is an extremely small amount of CHAO--as described in the first post of this thread.  Mine some and try to sell it at a price that compensates for the energy expended given the alternatives that can be mined with the equivalent equipment; in fact, the price is probably too low (but "experimentation before refutation" as this is a quantitative claim that can be remuneratively countered if it is in fact incorrect.)

The coin is an extreme/outlier experiment within the crypto-space (with "unique" [Discordian] branding not far dissimilar to Cthulhu Offerings, Flaxscript, and Dobbscoin).  It's a collector's crypto as someone earlier in the thread pointed out.  The thematic underpinnings also parallel Albert Camus' book _The Myth of Sisyphus_ which deals with making meaning out of absurd things/situations and Viktor Frankl's book on much the same thing (from his experiences surviving the Auschwitz concentration camp).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:00:20 AM

There have been no massive gaps in blocks for about a month https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!overview and 7 computers on the network now.

Trying to figure out exactly where the problem was, here are money supplies at various blocks

current 803083 0.28454655 CHAO

800,000 0.28345374 CHAO
700,000 0.24801114 CHAO
600,000 0.21258778 CHAO
500,000 0.17716408 CHAO
400,000 0.14172148 CHAO
300,000 0.10629779 CHAO
200,000 0.07085630 CHAO
100,000 0.0354337 CHAO

So if there has been no halving then coin count seems right? Is that correct?

So is what happened at Cryptopia that somebody deposited coins, sold them, then 51% attacked the transaction that sent the coins so the coins were never sent on the official chain?
In that case Cryptopia could mention the originating wallet that sent the coins and as long as those coins were boycotted then the coin would have integrity. That would require adding something like a 'colored coins' feature to the wallet maybe that would color coins by address and the person who attacked the coin would be holding the wrong color after that. If an exchange wanted to accept their wrong colored coins that exchange would be free to but would not have viability.

Is that what happened and does that sound like a reasonable solution if a dev can be found to paint the hackers coins?

Next would be preventing further similar issues, and it seems like making a very high minimum confirmation, plus a minimum block time to prevent several days blocks being released at once, etc.

Then Cryptopia's lost coins, which as I've said I will pay more than my proportional amount, since I bought a lot cheap, but there has to be others also willing to reimburse Cryptopia.

Can somebody peer review this^^^^^
FallingKnife
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

Your account seems correct to me.

CHAO does not halve.

Nostr:
romeshomey

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:48:52 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 07:41:47 AM by romeshomey

I had a fairly hefty balance myself. What led you to the determination that you have (or had) 1/3 of missing user balances?

UPDATE FROM CRYPTOPIA:

The only way we will keep a 51%'ed coin listed is if the developer or community etc is able to remunerate our user balances.

We are down about 0.03 CHAO so if think that this is possible to send us we can keep it listed (of course we would also be able to provide you exact amount, our user balances and wallet balances etc.)

Because Cryptopia says they lost 0.03 CHAO.  My balance before delisting = CHAO   0.01115648

Which is actually more than 1/3rd of the total missing.

I can contribute to whoever donates AFTER i get my coins back, up until then I have nothing left to contribute.  

Edit...  I had initially posted the address I thought was mine here but it was actually Cryptopias deposit address (zTk3DDbXtdHXUSkdCrVfLx3kzGF7FHLuuQ)

My funds to Cryptopia were sent from
zHybjtZxDrwrmD4ew52TJWqje4yAnYmjzG
zFsx2iraBFRghe46K3yRdsqGLsumWBWRXy

Date: 8/1/2017 19:28
To: zTk3DDbXtdHXUSkdCrVfLx3kzGF7FHLuuQ
Debit: -0.01115648 SKIDOO
Transaction fee: -0.00000667 SKIDOO
Net amount: -0.01116315 SKIDOO
Transaction ID: c4a257068a3a15ef16e75e07bf7fc6ee4bd75b23b554307fd972e47902e08125-000

Praise "BOB"

romeshomey

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:13:00 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 07:37:16 AM by romeshomey

Is this the address where the coins stolen from Cryptopia exist?

#1 on the richlist with 0.0301 balance

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/address.dws?zJRShzDnUiydzySSojYCPu3zA1JneXNHUg.htm

Withdrawn from

zTk3DDbXtdHXUSkdCrVfLx3kzGF7FHLuuQ (Cryptopias wallet)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/block.dws?770534.htm
heratys111

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:51:52 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 08:21:08 AM by heratys111

Interesting detective work; hopefully the trail leads to the address indicated and (if so) there is some way to paint those coins as belonging to a complete arsehole and thief.

So... we're officially past the 825,000 block (as of about four hours ago).  That should mean both that the AuxPow/merged-mining is enabled and that Infernoman might be prepared to pay some of the ransom that Cryptopia is demanding to be made whole again and consequently deign to allow trading to resume at their exchange (although I'd personally much prefer CHAO have a place at decentralized exchanges such as http://bisq.network/ or https://crypto-bridge.org/ ).

Meanwhile -- upon reaching the 825,000 block -- the earth didn't seem to shake and there wasn't a whole lot of hash that suddenly stepped in.  It seems to still be me (renting hash) and another miner at infernopool moving the chain -- as has been the case for weeks or more likely months.  I really do dig this coin; but, unfortunately have been quite altruistic and trusting as I have never once received a payment from Infernopool (whereas within 2-3 days of mining at wmikrut payments were received... but that pool went sideways and vaporized). Infernopool's interface simply stopped displaying additional accumulated balance four weeks ago.  I sent a personal message to Infernoman (to get information, a transfer, or an update) but haven't received a response yet; I presume a similar situation for my fellow-miner.  If I had an SHA-256 ASIC, I'd probably be solo-mining 23-Skidoo from time-to-time.

For more status reports:
About 3 or 4 days ago, Cryptohub.online announced they are dropping the trading of CHAO as the number of trades has been quite insignificant and it is being treated as a dead-coin (much like some might view another Blazr coin -- the _Dune_-themed Melange/Spice ).

I'm trying to get my crap together and get acquainted again with C++ and have also recently bought this fairly technical guide (with some code samples provided): https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-blockchain .  I wonder whether CHAO might be forked to change the mining hash algorithm to something like Digibyte has (where some blocks are mineable by a GPU)?  As well, I do like the idea of Keccak/SHA-3 as an algorithm that might make coins more resistant to the eventual advent of quantum computers throwing a wrench in the works of things someday.

Also (and again), the extremely high transaction fee should be changed IMO.

Good luck to the people who had something approaching possession of coins on Cryptopia anyhow.

R.A. Wilson would be shaking his head at the absurdity of it all.  Grin

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
romeshomey

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:13:38 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 12:34:41 PM by romeshomey

Interesting detective work; hopefully the trail leads to the address indicated and (if so) there is some way to paint those coins as belonging to a complete arsehole and thief.

So... we're officially past the 825,000 block (as of about four hours ago).  That should mean both that the AuxPow/merged-mining is enabled and that Infernoman might be prepared to pay some of the ransom that Cryptopia is demanding to be made whole again and consequently deign to allow trading to resume at their exchange (although I'd personally much prefer CHAO have a place at decentralized exchanges such as http://bisq.network/ or https://crypto-bridge.org/ ).

Meanwhile -- upon reaching the 825,000 block -- the earth didn't seem to shake and there wasn't a whole lot of hash that suddenly stepped in.  It seems to still be me (renting hash) and another miner at infernopool moving the chain -- as has been the case for weeks or more likely months.  I really do dig this coin; but, unfortunately have been quite altruistic and trusting as I have never once received a payment from Infernopool (whereas within 2-3 days of mining at wmikrut payments were received... but that pool went sideways and vaporized). Infernopool's interface simply stopped displaying additional accumulated balance four weeks ago.  I sent a personal message to Infernoman (to get information, a transfer, or an update) but haven't received a response yet; I presume a similar situation for my fellow-miner.  If I had an SHA-256 ASIC, I'd probably be solo-mining 23-Skidoo from time-to-time.

For more status reports:
About 3 or 4 days ago, Cryptohub.online announced they are dropping the trading of CHAO as the number of trades has been quite insignificant and it is being treated as a dead-coin (much like some might view another Blazr coin -- the _Dune_-themed Melange/Spice ).

I'm trying to get my crap together and get acquainted again with C++ and have also recently bought this fairly technical guide (with some code samples provided): https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-blockchain .  I wonder whether CHAO might be forked to change the mining hash algorithm to something like Digibyte has (where some blocks are mineable by a GPU)?  As well, I do like the idea of Keccak/SHA-3 as an algorithm that might make coins more resistant to the eventual advent of quantum computers throwing a wrench in the works of things someday.

Also (and again), the extremely high transaction fee should be changed IMO.

Good luck to the people who had something approaching possession of coins on Cryptopia anyhow.

R.A. Wilson would be shaking his head at the absurdity of it all.  Grin

I'll contact the dev, see what can or can't be worked out.  I'll offer a bounty to blacklist the #1 richlist address https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/address.dws?zJRShzDnUiydzySSojYCPu3zA1JneXNHUg.htm

Will also bring up...
I wonder whether CHAO might be forked to change the mining hash algorithm to something like Digibyte has (where some blocks are mineable by a GPU)?  As well, I do like the idea of Keccak/SHA-3 as an algorithm that might make coins more resistant to the eventual advent of quantum computers throwing a wrench in the works of things someday.
romeshomey

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

For more status reports:

That was often the case at Cryptopia too, often times I found myself to be one of just a small handful of traders.  I don't have any SHA-256 mining hardware so as I've mined alts through the years, I'd stuck to just buying CHAO..

What irks me is that up until a month before the topia CHAO heist, my coins sat in my personal wallet.
heratys111

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:58:49 AM

Well at least there's less risk of a 51% attack now as the net hash is up at about 2 PH/s the last two days (someone's mining the crap out of the CHAO:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/ ).  At this rate, there'll soon be 0.3 Skidoo extant  Grin .

Although with no exchange evident, it'll be traded the old-fashioned way --  WTB/WTS-style.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Doommann

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

Is there information about the balances on the Cryptopia?
Doommann

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:05:02 PM

or forget about CHAO?
FallingKnife
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

CHAO talk is welcome in the Unobtanium telegram group, T.me/unobtaniumuno

We talk about UNO, altcoins, and Blazr2 coins.

Nostr:
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:23:03 AM

CHAO talk is welcome in the Unobtanium telegram group, T.me/unobtaniumuno

We talk about UNO, altcoins, and Blazr2 coins.

Falling Knife, if you set up a donation address to try to make Cryptopia whole so they can pay back the people who lost, as well as providing details of the 51% attack, including, from Cryptopia, the addresses that got the hacked coins, I'll donate what I can. It may be a few weeks after you post that I read it.
raoufgx07

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:15:29 PM

can you give me my life back help me withe some btcoin to start trding 1NjCY6VLt5vF3iESVaTD6jcw4QfcQYkpnS  i have lost lot on chao coin buy it at 1.1 btcoin  Cry Cry Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: